(Topic ID: 106781)

From Stern Indiana Jones to The Walking Dead...John Borg

By mattenno

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Does anyone else think that it is amazing how far John Borg has come as a game designer? Just think of Stern's Indiana Jones from 2008...that was only 6 years ago, and now we have a great game like The Walking Dead! Think about how much better the games have gotten over the last few years...pretty awesome. He did, however, bring back the Austin Powers cannon on TWD LE...we'll see how that plays!

#2 9 years ago

Moved to Stern sub forum.

I think Stern's IJ was a reasonable layout. The failure with that game was the poor code, which Stern abandoned and still has not completed in my eyes . . . which is surprising since that game sold fairly well according to estimates (not a home run, but not 24 or CSI either).

Borg is the man. At one time i had three Borg games in my line up at the same time: Tron, XMen, and Iron Man. I'm about to again as though Tron is gone TWDLE is on the way (I have stuck with my order mostly due to Borg being the designer and the theme . . . I just hope Stern puts attention to the code).

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Moved to Stern sub forum.
I think Stern's IJ was a reasonable layout. The failure with that game was the poor code, which Stern abandoned and still has not completed in my eyes . . . which is surprising since that game sold fairly well according to estimates (not a home run, but not 24 or CSI either).
Borg is the man. At one time i had three Borg games in my line up at the same time: Tron, XMen, and Iron Man. I'm about to again as though Tron is gone TWDLE is on the way (I have stuck with my order mostly due to Borg being the designer and the theme . . . I just hope Stern puts attention to the code).

i jumped on twdle just cause of what john did with metle that i bought nib....i too and hoping the code brings the game to the next level

#4 9 years ago

Borg's actually been a pretty solid designer all along...he did some sweet games for DE and Sega. Maybe they didn't get as much love as the B/W games - mostly due to DE/Sega art/feel - but from a design perspective he's done some cool stuff throughout the years. Everyone has their ups 'n downs.

#5 9 years ago

He has more of that X factor in his tables which I like. Not quite the flow of Ritchie but his games always have that cool element that can't quite be pinpointed to one thing.

I like IJ and yes the code is what let it down.

#6 9 years ago

Sorry besides Tron i don't like his games much. Xmen is one of the worst games i have owned and despite my love of Metallica the band the game left a ton to be desired and felt clunky in spots. Granted take my met synopsis from less then a hundred games on the early code. I swore off buying his games but when I play tron and it is so smooth and fast and who knows maybe i will consider his work again in the future. TWD looks like another step back design wise. Love me some Steve Ritchie and George Gomez and hope Borg has another tron in him minus the nasty hard on occasion gem shot.

#7 9 years ago

IJ has a pretty good layout, it reminds me a bit of DE Star Wars. But the pretty good layout was ruined with bland, repetitive rules. I don't want to shoot the ark 21 times to begin a Multiball where I shoot the ark to light Jackpot at the ark, I want variety. The fact that it has no modes or formula to follow makes it even more confusing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 26.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/from-stern-indiana-jones-to-the-walking-deadjohn-borg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.