(Topic ID: 169319)

From owners which has better code WoZ, TH or MMR?

By rai

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I've seen this discussion before but now that TH is out and in people's game rooms maybe I can get some more accurate information.

Seems like these pins swim in the same neighborhood on price. I'd like to hear from owners what they like or dislike about these pins.

Also I never heard, did MMR get the colorization option and what was the cost?

I have played TH and WoZ found both stunning to look at but I don't quite know what to do. I'd imagine they really grow once you own them and can work on the rules.

MM Is a classic and I believe it's got good rules as well.

Is there one game that has the better rules from these three?

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Also I never heard, did MMR get the colorization option and what was the cost?

Yes. $199 for LE's and $399 for standards.

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. $199 for LE's and $399 for standards.

Thanks

Do you like all three or one best? Could you rank them 1-2-3?

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Do you like all three or one best? Could you rank them 1-2-3?

I'm not passionate about it. For me the cash box doesn't lie. Right now I have WOZ, Hobbit, Walking Dead ( pro ) MMR and an original MM all battling for 1st place.

#5 7 years ago

I have WOZ and a MMR, code of WOZ is just next level stuff.

#6 7 years ago

Besr Code isnt everything and is very subjective imo.... ive played all 3 and just for the fun factor and overall feel mm is best but woz is awesome in its own right with so much going on and rules that will most likely never be beat by most people . Hobbit is also very unique but still needs some code to make it as good as i think it can be. Im actually heading a different direction and going back to my routes with the classics . I just got afm and mb is coming soon to, also mm in near future . I just have more fun playing those pins but will be keeping twdp and met if i want some deeper rules. While i appreciate the code/rules of the newer pins ill likely never see half the game unless i make a bunch of changes . There's something special with the themes ,theme integration and coding of the older pins that is just very rewarding and really creates a awesome pinball atomasphere which i just dont get with newer stuff especially stern pins.....however jjp does a good job of it but so far im not interested in the themes they released so hopefully pat's pin is up my alley.

#7 7 years ago

Woz code gets my vote. It's really deep, and uses the playfield very well. Hobbit is unique in many ways and gets more epic with each update. I love mmr, but it does get repetitive quickly for me. I think alot of strategy is needed for either jjp game. I will also say that the screen is confusing on both jjps until you understand the rules. Once you do, the screen makes perfect sense and is very useful and fun to see.

1 week later
#8 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm not passionate about it. For me the cash box doesn't lie. Right now I have WOZ, Hobbit, Walking Dead ( pro ) MMR and an original MM all battling for 1st place.

TWD $$$ doesn't lie. That's a hell of a bang for your buck pin. What, $3500 cheaper than the others and bringing in the same ??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/from-owners-what-do-you-prefer-woz-th-or-mmr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.