Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dmacy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Can someone post a YouTube video or very well done post on how to put a free play pin back to one that has coin mechs?

I have a Bally Embryon & Power Play & a Gotlieb Sky Jump

No.... I'm not trying to gouge my friends & family... There will always be a bowl of quarters there. I just think dropping a quarter... dime or Susan B Anthony coin in is part of the expierance.

#2 9 years ago

Bump.... Thanks for your info & time.

#3 9 years ago

You probably need to be more specific in what you actually need. There are lots of ways that people make a game "free play".

In the case of Sky Jump, it can be anywhere from someone adding an external push button, rigging the coin return button to add credits, or the proper way, bending a contact on the Replay unit to fake the game to think there are always more than zero credits. Reversing the information located at Pinrepair.com for EM repair might help you.

For the Bally SS games you listed, free play software/roms exist that keep the game at 01 credits or make it still start when on 00. That would be nothing more than changing a dipswitch. But you would have to know what software your games are running. Or, sometimes, people wire an extra switch behind the start button switch or rig the coin return hardware to trigger more credits.

And none of this addresses if and what might be missing on your coin doors from as little as the coin mechs (slug rejectors) to as much as the entire guts having been removed so there is no where to install a coin mech.

#4 9 years ago

Thanks CactusJack... there is a extra button that is wired to add credits. The coin shutes are there. I would like to re-wire the games so they can take coins..

Do you have some for sale? Thanks

#5 9 years ago

I Mean.... Do you have .25,
... S.B.A coin mechs for sale?

#6 9 years ago

...if you can't find any for sale, Ebay is another source for coin mechs,

ebay.com link: sch

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

1,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 7.50
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Santa Rosa, CA
$ 179.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/from-free-play-back-to-coin-how-to and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.