image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
59027280.jpg
Capture.png
464201.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr_spaceman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#89 8 years ago

The apron thing sounds like a total bs excuse to me. I would have a much easier time believing cost cutting than 40 emails. Glad they can count emails because they have a hard time responding to them.

Actually, the whole tone coming from DP is really unsettling for me. Apron reason sounds like bs (just my opinion). Promised inclusion of songs is at least a major oversight by DP if not an outright lie. Missed delivery dates. No shock there, but now they are ducking the question entirely with just a soon response. Let's not forget the Phil debacle. Combine all that with terrible communication in general and I have a really hard time finding any trust or belief in these guys right now. Hope they convince me otherwise.

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Funny you say that. Jaap made a point to say it's a dp policy to respond to emails in 24 hours.

Nope. Not in my experience. Sent another one this evening so I guess they're on the clock until tomorrow. Not holding my breath.

#217 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Yes.
Going back to the video that was posted, you can see the Maude clip @ 0:20 . It looks good, and is what Stern should be doing.
» YouTube video

Yeah, but where are the rest of the callouts? The old protos had a direct movie callout on every shot. So many I thought that it might get old. Now that Maude quote is all I heard in 90 seconds of gameplay. Maybe there was a Donny "Woo!" in there, but that could be anyone. Also, the quote appeared with the clip on screen. Gives credence to the thought the quotes and video have to be linked which I guess is ok. Though as we already know, this machine will give no Creedence. . That generic looped music was no joy to listen to either. Sure would be nice for DP to clarify a few things about what production games will actually contain.

#235 8 years ago

If they only want happy customers it seems like they wouldn't have many right now. Except maybe for the Dutch contingent which always seems supportive with national pride.

Are they really surprised people would be upset by these revelations? We were led to think expo would be their big reveal of what we could expect on our doorsteps soon, but instead we get vague announcements about cuts from the game that seemingly has no end date in sight. What a shock that people are upset. He could have dropped his pants and waved to the crowd and it might have been better received.

#353 8 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Post back when the production machine is out so we can hopefully see a better review.

When will that be again?

Missing 2 delivery dates is an issue. Now we are left with a promise that they are "close" but cannot provide a date. We now have no idea when we can expect the game. That is a major concern for me at least.

#358 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So what your saying is that we are in the same situation as everyone else that is waiting on a preorder from JJP PPS ect

Is that a good thing? Do we want to be there? DP had a lot of talk last year about being different and doing things right. They weren't going to be like the rest of the crowd. It is my sincere hope that they come through on that boast.

I'll give it a rest for now to stop from repeating myself in multiple threads. I'll wait to hear what comes next. Hope the bad news sections get smaller.

#382 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Production machines will be at the DPO in November.

(Pre)production games will be at DPO. I can only speculate on what the pre means, but it is certainly worth noting.

#384 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Significant changes have been made to the hardware, so I would think another round of public vetting is helpful to check the robustness of the new system.

Agreed. I'm not arguing against that at all. I was making the distinction between what DP said and what was mentioned above. Preproduction is not production. Hope to learn what the difference is in early November.

#461 8 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

i wonder how many of those complaining the most actually have a machine on order?

I've been fairly critical lately, and I'm in on the machine. I was frustrated by DP's lack of response to some of my concerns. They finally responded yesterday, and I'm mostly satisfied with what Barry had to say. I'll wait patiently for DPO to see what they've got. That is where DP needs to show me their hole cards. It sounds like they are set up pretty well to deliver good news at that show. If they don't I might have to toss the ringer and takes the money. I'm rooting for them.

#476 8 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Spaceman:

That is where DP needs to show me their hole cards.

Quoted from Tux:

DP needs to show us all their hole cards.

The Royal me.

#478 8 years ago

Accidental post

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr_spaceman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/from-expo-no-licensed-songs?tu=dr_spaceman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.