Topic Stats

• 533 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 22 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TBL_5.jpg
Muzak.jpg
lebowski-1.jpg
xtube_pw.jpg
image.png
image_4.jpeg
image_5.jpeg
image_3.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
59027280.jpg
Capture.png
464201.png

There are 533 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.
#1 4 years ago

Not good news on the sound front. No original songs from the artists/soundtrack. All new compositions.

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Not good news on the sound front. No original songs. All new compositions.

Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch! That was a major selling point.

I would plead with DP to allow owners to replace audio on the rom files. Ship it with generics, and whatever happens after that happens.

#3 4 years ago

Here's the summary so far on pinball news:

Jaap started by playing a short video featuring the swearing used in last year's presentation before looking at the developments over the past 12 months.

He addressed the problem the company faced over Phil's departure, the raft of refunds, and the fallout which damaged the team's reputation. He explained why the brought in Roger Sharpe to help deal with Paramount Pictures and clear up any licensing issues.

Jaap then detailed the changes made between the prototype and production models.

The amount of wiring has been greatly reduced by using more PBCs under the playfield. The backbox has also been tidied up, resulting in fewer interconnects.

He then talked about the licensing restrictions on using the original music which demanded the associated video from the movie had to be shown in its entirety which, Jaap said, would be impossible. So the game will use newly-created versions of the songs.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

No original songs. All new compositions.

That's kind of contradictory there.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's kind of contradictory there.

I clarified it in my original post.

#6 4 years ago

image.png

#7 4 years ago

Hmmmmmm :-/

#8 4 years ago

Well at least Bridges will probably stay on board. He seems to like his face on pinball machines.

#9 4 years ago

A quick clip. You can hear the attract mode looping.

It's similar to the original if memory serves.

#10 4 years ago

Any news on timelines, how close to production are they?

#12 4 years ago

sounds like a big deflation this year vs last year. Yeh, ....pinball is hard. I only hope for Modding capability will be possible like is done for TWD.

#13 4 years ago

This sucks donkey ball!. Donkey balls, I say.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Per Jaap: very close.

that's not an answer. What does very close mean?

#15 4 years ago

Modding of the sound files

#16 4 years ago

Direct question: when will it be released?

Jaap: I can't give an exact date or quarter.

#17 4 years ago

This is a real bummer, regarding the songs.

That multiball animation was there last year also, wasn't it?

Hoping for some positive news regarding this game soon.

Not even a quarter guess anymore, regarding release?

I need some good news right about now. Please.

#18 4 years ago

so, cover versions of the songs

Didn't seem to bother too many people for KISS.

#19 4 years ago

Man no Dylan and Creedence bums me out

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

so, cover versions of the songs
Didn't seem to bother too many people for KISS.

What are cover versions?

#21 4 years ago

Im sure someone will fix the song issue once its in there home , like the walking dead callouts ..not a big deal

#22 4 years ago

It also appears they switched the hardware ala mmr

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

What are cover versions?

not the org artist singing the song

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

What are cover versions?

coversongs.jpg

#25 4 years ago

Or half the original band covering their own songs 30 years later as in the case of kiss

If they do the lebowski covers right not a deal killer, plus seems as though people get whatever music they want in their games these days anyway.

#26 4 years ago

Having original songs was one of the the things they were marketing heavy last year, along with look at this beautiful apron.

Sounds like they have known this for a while so I am a bit disappointed to hear about it from a show and not from them personally.

Impossible to know how much the change in music will affect the game, but right now it feels like a big let-down for me.

Wondering if the license cost of the songs got to expensive (same with apron)

I find it difficult to understand why the license holder would only agree to the songs if the whole movie clip for that songs is shown simultaneously. It makes little sense to me (but then, I know absolutely nothing about licencing)

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

A quick clip. You can hear the attract mode looping.
» YouTube video
It's similar to the original if memory serves.

Not sure I like the woman's callouts either :/ but thank you for the video!!!

#28 4 years ago

Bummer. Hopefully mod community can fix the sound files with ease.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from karl:

I find it difficult to understand why the license holder would only agree to the songs if the whole movie clip for that songs is shown simultaneously. It makes little sense to me (but then, I know absolutely nothing about licencing)

Likely the only way "Universal" could allow the songs to be used. The alternative would be making individual deals with each artist, but that would likely cost as much as the entire movie license... per song.

This was always seen as a challenge from the beginning, and their solution about "Dutch laws" allowing them was very "Predator" sounding. At least it didn't end up killing the entire game.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Likely the only way "Universal" could allow the songs to be used. The alternative would be making individual deals with each artist, but that would likely cost as much as the entire movie license... per song.
This was always seen as a challenge from the beginning, and their solution about "Dutch laws" allowing them was very "Predator" sounding. At least it didn't end up killing the entire game.

Makes more sense, thanks. I was wondering, back then, how they could afford the license for so many original songs

#31 4 years ago

I am still hoping that they managed to keep a few songs in there.

If they choose bad cover versions of the songs I would rather not have them in there at all.
You would only be reminded of how awesome it could have sounded.

Maybe I am a bit to pessimistic. Better too wait and see what they come up with before judging to much.

But man, what a bummer

#32 4 years ago

There are already covers of many of the original songs they could use.

#33 4 years ago

What a bummer. All those original songs was a huge selling point for me. The game will have to be that much better in other aspects to make up for the deficit.

I wonder what original compositions will mean. Instrumentals? Vocal impersonators? Just opens up a whole can of worms.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Quoted from frolic:

This was always seen as a challenge from the beginning, and their solution about "Dutch laws" allowing them was very "Predator" sounding.

Agreed. It's disturbing that this is coming out now, when it seemed like they'd worked through their licensing troubles last winter. Maybe there's a valid legal explanation to the "have to play the song with the clip" business but that doesn't make sense to me from what I understand of the way licensing works. Seems more probably that it was cost prohibitive for them to get permission from the individual artist. Which brings it back to the question of why this is being discovered/disclosed only now.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I wonder what original compositions will mean. Instrumentals? Vocal impersonators? Just opens up a whole can of worms.

Maybe MIDI versions as in Creature.

#36 4 years ago

Not a huge fan of the soundtrack so no big deal.

#37 4 years ago

How can a release be "very close" if an exact quarter can't be committed to?
That's "kinda close", "soonish", or "not here yet". Not "very close" in my opinion.
Tell it like it is, Man!!

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

How can a release be "very close" if an exact quarter can't be committed to?
That's "kinda close", "soonish", or "not here yet". Not "very close" in my opinion.
Tell it like it is, Man!!

If they are very close, does that mean all the new compositions are finished? Would be good to hear some samples.

#39 4 years ago

Are they going to be using the actual actors from the movie?

actors.jpg

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Not sure I like the woman's callouts either :/ but thank you for the video!!!

My thoughts exactly. I was really hoping Maude or Bunny would be delivering that line.

My enthusiasm dampens.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

If they are very close, does that mean all the new compositions are finished? Would be good to hear some samples.

No they're not done, only a few

#42 4 years ago

Just turn your classic rock radio station up real loud, you won't even notice a difference.

#43 4 years ago

DP you have some splainin to do!

image.png

#44 4 years ago

If someone wants a refund now shouldn't they be able to get it now that the songs have been pulled out from under the game?

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I wonder what original compositions will mean.

MIDI music

#46 4 years ago

why can't we just spell out the names of these GD pinball tables. TBL cmon now.

#47 4 years ago

Expo seminar should be over now so hopefully we get an update from somebody who heard the entire presentation.

#48 4 years ago
#49 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

why can't we just spell out the names of these GD pinball tables. TBL cmon now.

You do realize pinside hyperlinks the abbreviations, right? image.jpg

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

» YouTube video

That sucks ass!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 43.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Sale Pending!
San Francisco, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 21.00
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
€ 3.70
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 64.99
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 533 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside