(Topic ID: 112683)

From 1-5, how annoyed are you with the TWD Premium release?

By Jeekayjay

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by robin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How pissed are you about the TWD Premium release?”

• 1 - Don't care 59 votes
    87%
  • 2 - Kinda bugs me 1 vote
    1%
  • 3 - Pretty annoyed 2 votes
    3%
  • 4 - Quite upset 3 votes
    4%
  • 5 - I feel mislead and now I'm furious 3 votes
    4%

(68 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

f763e7a9874c817e67a5bef7715bd2731e877fde7d008bca50dd31d9f6316c88.jpg
379445-mE8fJX3k9HCwSVeP.jpg

This topic is closed.

#1 9 years ago

I'm curious

I'd be PISSED if I bought an LE

I think this marketing/sales tactic is deplorable at its core.

I hope the up and coming pin manufactures do well we badly need more than 1 horse in this race

#2 9 years ago

oh goodie...another thread about this...

#3 9 years ago

Premium is good for LE owners as it means better code and utilization of LE/Premium features

#4 9 years ago

poll is incorrect, should have an option of super happy.

379445-mE8fJX3k9HCwSVeP.jpg379445-mE8fJX3k9HCwSVeP.jpg

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

379445-mE8fJX3k9HCwSVeP.jpg 18 KB

Good point

Maybe I should make a different thread asking how happy everyone is since I can't edit the poll

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Maybe I should make a different thread

please don't...

#8 9 years ago

0 - If you didn't expect this then that's on you.

I just don't understand why the uproar is so big about this when it was hinted at it could happen. But there wasn't an uproar like this when Luci came out or WOSRR. Yes, some were upset but nearly the amount over TWD.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9 9 years ago

f763e7a9874c817e67a5bef7715bd2731e877fde7d008bca50dd31d9f6316c88.jpgf763e7a9874c817e67a5bef7715bd2731e877fde7d008bca50dd31d9f6316c88.jpg

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

I think this marketing/sales tactic is deplorable at its core.

You mean the one where they openly answered potential customer inquiries by saying:

"if they game sells well, we'll make a premium"??????

Not sure how they could have been more clear...it's pretty straightforward.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Agreed, super happy here!

#12 9 years ago

In the words of Paul Heyman "we told you!"

#13 9 years ago

I'm actually meh.

What I mean, I was never super excited about the game Premium, Pro, LE (whatever). I have a hard time telling myself all those bash toys are a good thing (for me).

However, if there was more and more (such as the case with AcDc, or Metallica) than there will be more down the road. Not saying I'm doing back flips over the game, but if someone wanted to move one at a fire sale price, I would surely be interested and this premium thing leads to: do pro people want to move up to the premium or do the LE people want to sell and now they are faced with the head-wind of premium prices, then there will be better deals to be had, which is what interests me.

I was NEVER interested in Transformers or Avengers LEs. But I have seen some crazy prices, almost enough to make me buy just because it was too good a deal. If somehow I see a TWD for a crazy good deal I could see buying one.

Please note, I am not saying TWD is a bad game or that TF or AV are bad either, but I just don't feel connected with them enough to buy one unless it's a great deal.

More pins in the market is good. And I am sure people will get tired and want to sell as they always do. And having lots of premiums in the system will surely be a good thing for buyers.

#14 9 years ago

Doesn't matter at all to me. LE is still LE no matter what. If anything, I feel happy for those that didn't think the Pro was good enough and the LE was too expensive - premium is their obvious opportunity. Also, I think the game becomes more addictive the more you play. Downside (or upside depending on how you see it) is the incomplete code, but then again, when was the last time that didn't happen (for any of the later Stern games)?

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

379445-mE8fJX3k9HCwSVeP.jpg 18 KB

This is exactly how I feel. I am happy it released. There was even a petition here on pinside to try to make this happen. It is just as easy to say that Stern listened to their customer base as any of this whining that is going on.

Hard to believe there are people *complaining* about the release of an awesome pinball machine.

#16 9 years ago

Another negative thread about the same topic. Don't you think we have enough negativity on Pinside this week? Closing in 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/from-1-5-how-mad-are-you-about-twd-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.