(Topic ID: 223619)

Frolic's TNA is in the Mother F'n House!!

By frolic

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by frolic
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0D003082-B7CD-459A-8F46-1F2041B8064E (resized).jpeg
AED45A54-414F-4D51-A48A-FC07FCF64DFC (resized).jpeg
56603D0B-1F85-425B-A9FB-36588173A795 (resized).jpeg
35FEF977-1AD8-4BDC-BD72-A8AA1F45FD12 (resized).jpeg
462810E3-BE59-4E64-BDCC-9DAAFCDD8CAD (resized).jpeg
BD0D1EAD-E070-4539-B947-A1F1C9F4020D (resized).jpeg
IMG_4538 (resized).JPG
IMG_4530 (resized).JPG
IMG_4531 (resized).JPG
IMG_4522 (resized).JPG
IMG_4525 (resized).JPG
IMG_4524 (resized).JPG
IMG_4526 (resized).JPG
IMG_4520 (resized).JPG
IMG_4519 (resized).JPG
IMG_4518 (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

hey Pinside,

It's been a while since I've had a thread like this but figured the occasion was worthwhile with my first Spooky game arriving. I wasn't at the front of the line on this one so had to wait it out, but today was the big day!!

Thanks to Nitro Pinball FlipperFreak for bringing it to Canada for me, and thanks to the Spooky crew for all their work .

IMG_4518 (resized).JPGIMG_4518 (resized).JPGIMG_4519 (resized).JPGIMG_4519 (resized).JPGIMG_4520 (resized).JPGIMG_4520 (resized).JPGIMG_4522 (resized).JPGIMG_4522 (resized).JPGIMG_4524 (resized).JPGIMG_4524 (resized).JPGIMG_4525 (resized).JPGIMG_4525 (resized).JPGIMG_4526 (resized).JPGIMG_4526 (resized).JPGIMG_4530 (resized).JPGIMG_4530 (resized).JPGIMG_4531 (resized).JPGIMG_4531 (resized).JPG
#2 5 years ago

Congrats and nice shirt. I have the hoodie version...of the shirt, not the pin.

#3 5 years ago

Awesome!!!

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Congrats and nice shirt.

I was going to say the same thing! Nice shirt, Mr. Frolic!

(Also, super nice game!)

#5 5 years ago

Congrats!

The only modern game my daughter will play. And she likes it!

#6 5 years ago

I just got mine from Tommy on Saturday as well. So fn stoked!!

#7 5 years ago

Congratulations !

What a great day ! Have fun.

LTG : )

#8 5 years ago

Boo ya mother f&$@*r!!!! That game rocks !!! Congrats

#9 5 years ago

So, amazingly, this is the first time I've actually had my hands on a TNA. I figured it would be a nice compliment to my collection of new games, a different experience. Anyone who knows my background knows a game that looks and sounds like this will fit right in .

I got a bunch of games in and am enjoying it, however I noticed it was reporting a Drop Target error after the game (Drop Target 3). I checked it out more, and it seems drop target 3 will reset, but the coil to make it drop is not firing. I inspected the coil and the wires seem connected.

I'll contact Spooky support, but does anyone have any other ideas I can check? The game still plays and the balls lock, but the 3rd drop is the one protecting that back scoop. I'm not good enough to know how much this is affecting the game.

IMG_4538 (resized).JPGIMG_4538 (resized).JPG
#10 5 years ago

Have you updated to the latest code?

There was an issue with drops in earlier code.

#11 5 years ago

The game should ship with the most updated code. I would try to see if it manually drops first. Barring any mechanical issues, I would go in and check the solenoid test to see if it'll go up and down. Afterwards, check switches to see if all associated switches are registering. Might be worthwhile just to jiggle and reseat all the connectors to the boards and underneath the pf first.

And Congrats on the game! Looks like a killer gameroom too!

#12 5 years ago

Unless there was a very recent code update, I'd expect my machine came out of the factory with the latest since the build would be very recent.

If I roll a ball into the drop, it drops as normal, and it can reset itself.

The individual coil test for drop 3 is silence, but the reset works.

The problem seems tied to the little coil that makes it drop down on its own. The solder connections seem good. I haven't reseated everything yet. Where are the main boards located?

Thank you.

#13 5 years ago

Congrats on the new game, this one looks to be pretty cool. I have the same shirt in green

I wish I could help you trouble shoot the problem, but I’ve never even seen a spooky pin.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Unless there was a very recent code update, I'd expect my machine came out of the factory with the latest since the build would be very recent.
If I roll a ball into the drop, it drops as normal, and it can reset itself.
The individual coil test for drop 3 is silence, but the reset works.
The problem seems tied to the little coil that makes it drop down on its own. The solder connections seem good. I haven't reseated everything yet. Where are the main boards located?
Thank you.

I'm pretty sure everything is located in the backbox. So it sounds like the coil drop isn't working. I would reseat connections next. I'm sure KingPinGames can provide some input as well.

#15 5 years ago

Congrats - a cool game indeed!

What game lost its spot in your lineup to make room for it?

#16 5 years ago

Got mine yesterday as well. Unfortunately had it sold already. Yeah, I’m weird.

Congrats!

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

What game lost its spot in your lineup to make room for it?

TSPP. Was my oldest game, and also one I stopped playing because of the time commitment for a good game, so TNA is more up my alley for quick pinball.

#18 5 years ago

Re: drop target.

Charlie is responding to me by email, just sent some pics.

A question I have for this thread is, with that drop target only resetting, and not dropping on its own, how does that affect the game? I just did a glass off test, and I can clear the 3 drops with a ball, which opens the scoop for an add-a-ball. Is that normally how it works? Does the 3rd drop ever drop on its own? I'm guessing the answer is yes, just wondering when that might happen normally.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

A question I have for this thread is, with that drop target only resetting, and not dropping on its own, how does that affect the game? I just did a glass off test, and I can clear the 3 drops with a ball, which opens the scoop for an add-a-ball. Is that normally how it works? Does the 3rd drop ever drop on its own? I'm guessing the answer is yes, just wondering when that might happen normally.

when you leave balls locked at the end of the game, it will clear them.
when it is checking for lost balls it should also eventually ball search and clear.

#20 5 years ago

Such a fun pin. Congrats.

#21 5 years ago

I guess its good that its the 3rd drop that is misbehaving, and not the critical first 2, which are needed for the ball lock and would greatly affect the game.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

TSPP. Was my oldest game, and also one I stopped playing because of the time commitment for a good game, so TNA is more up my alley for quick pinball.

That sounds like a great reason to swap it out for a TNA.

Quoted from frolic:

I'm by no means an expert, but I can't think of a time during normal gameplay when the third drop target would drop on it's own. The first two drop to lock balls, but I can't think of a time when all three drop on their own allowing a "free" shot at the scoop. Then again, if it occurs beyond reactor 5, I wouldn't know.

#23 5 years ago

I am enjoying the game a lot. I look forward to the first visitors coming over to check it out.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

when it is checking for lost balls it should also eventually ball search and clear.

Agreed. These are the only times I can think of that a controlled drop is used on the third one. I don't think it would actually affect gameplay at all unless a ball somehow got stuck back there.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Quoted from herg:

Agreed. These are the only times I can think of that a controlled drop is used on the third one. I don't think it would actually affect gameplay at all unless a ball somehow got stuck back there.

Thanks. That gives me enough confidence to let people come over to play it, that the game itself won't be affected.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It’s either the spring, opto or little coil on the smart drop target.

#27 5 years ago

Tonight was the debut party. This was the first time a lot of locals have had a chance to play it. Great success.
BD0D1EAD-E070-4539-B947-A1F1C9F4020D (resized).jpegBD0D1EAD-E070-4539-B947-A1F1C9F4020D (resized).jpeg
0D003082-B7CD-459A-8F46-1F2041B8064E (resized).jpeg0D003082-B7CD-459A-8F46-1F2041B8064E (resized).jpeg35FEF977-1AD8-4BDC-BD72-A8AA1F45FD12 (resized).jpeg35FEF977-1AD8-4BDC-BD72-A8AA1F45FD12 (resized).jpeg462810E3-BE59-4E64-BDCC-9DAAFCDD8CAD (resized).jpeg462810E3-BE59-4E64-BDCC-9DAAFCDD8CAD (resized).jpeg56603D0B-1F85-425B-A9FB-36588173A795 (resized).jpeg56603D0B-1F85-425B-A9FB-36588173A795 (resized).jpegAED45A54-414F-4D51-A48A-FC07FCF64DFC (resized).jpegAED45A54-414F-4D51-A48A-FC07FCF64DFC (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/frolic-s-tna-is-in-the-mother-f-n-house and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.