(Topic ID: 226185)

Friggin work blocked Pinside

By northerndude

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BCA0D791-F82F-44A9-A47F-23BA13F43CBF (resized).jpeg
    b62 (resized).jpg
    a1e (resized).png
    d015c2fabb3bff9f4a28eb4a5e366541 (resized).jpg
    oNoFkb.gif
    2ivl3z (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Nice comment, thanks!

Nice quote, thanks!

#58 5 years ago

Wow, that's nice? Mods just straight-up *delete* posts now? LOL. That's new, and hilarious.

Ya'll ready to change the name to VNBoards yet, or do I have to be permabanned twice first?

Quoted from timab2000:

If that makes me a "scumbag or shity boss" for saying that, so be it.

Your attitude (and frankly, ignorance) that employees should do nothing but slave for idiots all day long in obscenely boring office jobs with no way to 'recharge' for a few minutes is the problem, not the opinion that people at work should primarily be doing...you know...work? Key word: PRIMARILY. It's up to management to get off their lazy %)$@*&!es and actually set metrics and standards, and when people AREN'T meeting them, take action. Course, if you're on the interwebz messing around with social media and get fired for making your company look the fool...then you deserve it. But reading CNN, or Pinside, or something pretty benign for a minute or two to clear the cobwebs and drudgery? Yeah, nobody deserves to be fired, or even written up for it.

If you're going to reduce a person to being a "valued employee" vs. "worthless piece of trash get out of my office you slacker" over 325/YEAR in "lost productivity" that you can't even prove (and every recent study has utterly contradicted in terms of web browsing) because they're still hitting or exceeding the targets you set....then yeah...you're pretty much a scumbag running Wal-Mart at that point. Raise the metrics if you want more productivity, but you better be prepared to back it up when everyone on the team suddenly starts failing them because they've become utterly unreasonable and you have no productive way to coach people on how to meet them reliably, since you were so concerned with it.

#91 5 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

thanks cancerous, demoralizing and debasing Left)

Oh f--k off with you...You're free to make your points, except when you wipe yourself with the rules, which clearly are no politics. Nobody else felt the need to breech that here.

3 weeks later
    #132 5 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

I think those that need to lighten up....are probably those that are the enforcers for work productivity that block their employees computers...except their own PC.

Stop it. You and I aren't supposed to agree on anything.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/friggin-work-blocked-pinside?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.