You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Friendship 7 score reel (resized).jpg
20180125_193055 (resized).jpg
12A-6306 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

One of my score reels is missing this retaining clip/ground wire. Part number in the catalog is 12A-6306. I tried a couple of parts suppliers and no luck.

Also why would the reel need to be grounded?

12A-6306 (resized).jpg12A-6306 (resized).jpg

20180125_193055 (resized).jpg20180125_193055 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from gtonavy:

Also why would the reel need to be grounded?

The Contact Finger Assembly shown on your catalog page mounts to the inside of the rotating score reel and wipes over the Contact Disc Assembly (also shown). These two parts make up a rotating switch that the game uses when it needs to know what digit is showing. This arrangement is typically used by the match circuit but in your game it is used to fire the Change relay:

Friendship 7 score reel (resized).jpgFriendship 7 score reel (resized).jpg

As the score reel rotates it make and breaks the circuit that fires the Change relay. The ground wire provides continuity to the Contact Finger Assembly which in turn makes contact with various rivets on the Contact Disc.

Note that the ground wire function is only necessary on score reels with a Contact Disc Assembly. The rest of the score reels just need a mechanical (not necessarily an electrical) clip to keep the reel from falling off the axle.

/Mark

#3 6 years ago

Thanks Mark,

Any idea where I can get one?

#4 6 years ago

In the short term, I'd move an available ground wire from another score reel to the score reel with the Contact Disc if necessary, then make one from stiff wire or even a paper clip for the score reel with no Contact Disc.

You might also have luck asking here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread

#5 6 years ago

Well it turns out that the 10s reel does not require the ground clip. I cleaned the grease and dirt off the shaft and found that it has a E clip.

Rather odd, the 1s, 100s and 1000s all have the ground clip.

Gary

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/friendship-7-score-reel-ground-wire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.