5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Taxman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I got a referral call from a non-pinball person asking for help many years ago. He remembered me and asked if I could get him new rubbers for a Friendship 7. He is not local so I'd love to just send him a bag or rubbers and a chart if anyone can help.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

pbr has the kits. easy enough to make up a chart by looking at the pf on ipdb...
Seems pinside has turned into a spoon-feeding service

No, Pinside has turned into a place where everyone wants to take a dig at people. For the past few decades we used to just help people out if we had the information. If not you pass on making comments. But if I have to explain my reasoning -

I was not going to PBR because I was just going to make it from my supplies on hand. I need to use my stock before they start drying up on the shelf since I have not been doing any shopping lately.

I also figured if there was a one-page size chart I could print and mail it to him to make it easy since he is a non pin head.

It is not easy to make a chart of pictures on IPDB. Without a game in front of you it is easy to miss something.

Why the "spoon-feeding" comment for a simple request about a size page. It is for a game I don't have to so I have no documentation? Used to be EM guys were cool about things.

#5 5 years ago

No, I was lucky I remembered my password for Pinside. But it sounds like a post I could have given a snarky response.

No plans to order anything or yes, it would have been just as easy to include a kit on an order. I've been fading away from pinball lately.

Just a call out of the blue from someone who held my number for years hoping I'd help out. So I figured let someone use stock before they go to waste.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Ive got the game now, will try to make an estimate of the rings. to do it right you have to tear the pf apart

Please don't go too far out of your way. From what I can tell PinballLife lists it as a 27 piece set. 4 of those are 2 flipper, shooter tip and rebound sleeve.

Looking at the picture I think I see
2 - 3" on slings
8 - 2.5" (3 along each wall, 2 on center area)
at least 4 single posts and maybe 2 of each 2" and 1.5" around the top area.

If you could just glance around and let me know if there are a few more single posts or something hidden on the top of the center area that would be great. Just an estimate if what I see looks right.

I don't know the guy and I'm sending him the stuff for free. So he is getting a pretty good deal. I don't want other people putting too much in also.

Thanks.

#9 5 years ago

Sweet, thank you very much.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/friendship-7-need-rubber-guide-or-any-documentation?tu=Taxman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.