3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Phat_Jay
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How do you deal with batteries?”

• I change them annually 7 votes
      39%
    • I only have nvram 4 votes
      22%
    • I like resetting everything and losing my high scores 0 votes
    • Theres batteries in these things?? 7 votes
      39%

(18 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Phat_Jay.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

With the new year coming up fast, dont forget to check and/or swap out those batteries! Dont lose ur settings and high scores! Better yet install nvram!

Thus concludes the public service announcement.

#2 3 years ago

And i only use lithium, either 2320, 2430, or energizer lithium aa’s. Get those alkalines out!

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from GRUMPY:

I haven't had any problems with these.
    [quoted image]

Yup thats what i use
    $10 for 8 pack on amazon. Cheap insurance.

At some point i want to do a drain test. See how much the games use in a yr. maybe a simple flashlight test to get an idea. Put new batteries in flashlight and see how long it runs. Then put used batteries in and see. Compare the two then. Would give an approx percentage of use for a particular game. With lithium you cant just measure the remaining voltage with a dmm. Lithium gives the same voltage until its completely drained unlike an alkaline that slowly dissipates.

Ive been replacing the lithium annually, but others report getting longer times on theirs. I just dont want to risk an expensive toy for a few dollars. I dont toss the batteries tho, i use them in other things like flashlights and radios. Energizer says their lithium batts have a 20 yr shelf life!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Phat_Jay.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/friendly-reminderbatteries?tu=Phat_Jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.