(Topic ID: 248837)

Friend's OG Kiss Pinball MIA (Found)

By norCal4Life

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KissPin (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

I posted this on KLOV and somebody suggested posting over here as well in case anybody had any info on this. A buddy of mine had a Kiss pinball growing up, and a few years ago decided to have it serviced at a local Northern California place [edited]. Guy had his pinball forever, kept giving him excuses as to why he couldn't pick it up, and finally shut down operations awhile back and won't return my friend's calls. Anybody have any dealings with this place, or know how to contact the owner? This game has a lot of sentimental value to my buddy, he may even be willing to give a small reward if somebody can help him locate it. My buddy is a super nice guy, I'd love to help him find it. Thanks for any info in advance. Thanks all.

Added over 5 years ago: Just talked to Joe. Seems like a stand up guy and this was all a misunderstanding resulting from him losing his lease. He still has the game and is happy to get it back to the rightful owner. All is well that ends well.

#2 4 years ago

Have your friend call the local police station and ask to speak to a detective. Have your friend explain the situation, provide all documentation, and a value for the game, like a printout of the game from Pinside showing the estimated value. I used to live in California and I think $1500 or higher in value is grand theft, a felony.

Detectives are really good at tracking people down. The owner of the business had to present their drivers license to get a business permit.

Post in both of the below forums, asking for help and include a link to this forum.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too/page/167#post-5133413

Good luck,
    John

#3 4 years ago

Great advice. I will post in the other sub-forums. I'm new to Pinside so still getting the lay of the land here. I tried to get him to go to the police, but he hasn't/doesn't seem to want to. I think he is kind of like, "Well, it is gone, nothing I can do now". I told him I'd try to help and he seemed ok with that. Bums me out though, such a great game and he really valued it.

Quoted from bluespin:

Have your friend call the local police station and ask to speak to a detective. Have your friend explain the situation, provide all documentation, and a value for the game, like a printout of the game from Pinside showing the estimated value. I used to live in California and I think $1500 or higher in value is grand theft, a felony.
    Detectives are really good at tracking people down. The owner of the business had to present their drivers license to get a business permit.
    Post in both of the below forums, asking for help and include a link to this forum.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too/page/167#post-5133413
    Good luck,
    John

#4 4 years ago

Tell your friend not to worry, Joe has his game and has been looking for him also. Warehouse moves, lost contact info, etc, I will pm you with Joe's contact info.

#5 4 years ago

There’s a lot of info if you just google the business name so if your buddy wants to pursue the owner and has any documentation whatsoever he should be in good shape.

The game is sadly long gone but maybe he can track the owner down and make him pay for it.

Edit - Or if Kingpinman is right maybe he does still have it, which would actually be pretty damn cool.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from kingpinman:

Tell your friend not to worry, Joe has his game and has been looking for him also. Warehouse moves, lost contact info, etc, I will pm you with Joe's contact info.

And just like that ....problem solved

#7 4 years ago

Someone report back if/when the machine gets back to its rightful owner!

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

And just like that ....problem solved

Not so fast. Let’s celebrate after the owner gets his property back.

#9 4 years ago

Many thanks Kingpinman! I will update the post once the game is recovered. This is great news, thanks all for your comments/help.

1 week later
    #10 4 years ago

Game was returned this weekend. Joe is a very cool, honest, stand up guy. I talked games with him for a couple hours. And after seeing the volume in his warehouse, I totally understand how he could have lost some contact info after losing his lease and having to move it all on short notice. He went above and beyond after getting in touch with him to get the game back to its owner. I and the owner couldn't be happier. In fact, I may be buying additional games from Joe, he has an insane collection, maybe one of the largest I have ever seen, and I've seen quite a few. Thank you again to Kingpinman for getting us in touch. Not only did the game get returned, I've got a great new local resource. Thanks all.

KissPin (resized).jpgKissPin (resized).jpg
    #11 4 years ago

Freaking love when Pinside comes through again and again. Very cool.

#12 4 years ago

That's great!

#13 4 years ago

Awesome

#14 4 years ago

Hey all, I just want to reiterate one more time how awesome the guy was that had the game, that there was never any ill will on his part, and that he had been looking for the rightful owner for a long time. And thanks so much to the pinside community for helping us all out getting this situation resolved, you guys are awesome!

1 week later
    #15 4 years ago

Love a happy ending! Congratulations.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/friend-s-og-kiss-pinball-mia?hl=vader77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.