No_Fear_1.jpg
P1040914.JPG
P1040913.JPG
No_Fear_Opto.JPG
No_Fear_3.jpg
No_Fear_2.jpg
No_Fear_1.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Nothing like a case of Sweet Water and a friend to help you spend a Friday night.

No_Fear_1.jpgNo_Fear_1.jpg No_Fear_2.jpgNo_Fear_2.jpg No_Fear_3.jpgNo_Fear_3.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Nice rotisserie. Did u make that?

#3 11 years ago

Thinking the same thing. Simple but looks to be a very affective rotisserie.

#4 11 years ago

Yes. Followed Ed Cheung's example using pipe fittings, and just modified the legs. It's a little off square, but does the job well.

#5 11 years ago

mkgort,

I am shopping my NF this weekend also and it's the first time I've had it apart. Can you take a look at your magnet optos for the large ramp and tell me if your front left opto is mounted on a 90-degree bracket or is it mounted the same as the other two? I'm attaching a pic to show what I am seeing on mine.

Because of the way mine is set up, I'm having a bear of a time getting my ramp out because the opto is blocking the ramp and I can't get to the bracket screws. The mounting screws are hard to get at too because they're against the inside bend of the ramp. The manual indicates the ramp should slide right out, but I'm hitting up against that darn opto. I'll remount it like the others when I re-assemble unless this is the way it has to be.

Thanks.

No_Fear_Opto.JPGNo_Fear_Opto.JPG

#6 11 years ago

Nice to see another pinsider in the atlanta area as soon as i saw case of sweetwater i knew you were a local !!

#7 11 years ago

I think I am going to be drinking some Sweetwater IPA tonight.

#8 11 years ago

Southbound :

All of my optos are mounted in the same position. That almost looks like some sort of custom bracket. I would be more than happy to take a few pics if it would help.

tpn2011, Jake

A local store finally started carrying the TackleBox I don't think I have had one yet I didn't enjoy. Is SweetWater a southern only beer?

#9 11 years ago

All 3 NF magnet / opto assys should be identical.

Someone has hacked the first one in your game for some reason. What that is, I don't know...

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from southbound:

Because of the way mine is set up, I'm having a bear of a time getting my ramp out because the opto is blocking the ramp and I can't get to the bracket screws.

That ramp IS NOT easy to get off.

Quoted from southbound:

The manual indicates the ramp should slide right out, but I'm hitting up against that darn opto.

My ass. I was VERY worried when getting mine out...like terified it was going to snap the way I had to twist and turn it.

Quoted from southbound:

tell me if your front left opto is mounted on a 90-degree bracket or is it mounted the same as the other two? I'm attaching a pic to show what I am seeing on mine.

Yes mine is...let me find a pic P1040913.JPGP1040913.JPG P1040914.JPGP1040914.JPG

#11 11 years ago

Hmmm....manual seems to say (2-21 back panel assembly) they all should be the same. So we have 2 people with optos one way, and 2 the other. I wonder if there's a difference in production numbers or a replacement part maybe?

#12 11 years ago

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback and pictures relating to my situation - and I apologize if I hijacked your thread mkgort.

Just as an FYI on my ramp challenge. It certainly wasn't easy, but after 90 minutes I finally got my ramp out. I ended up unscrewing the left magnet/opto bracket to have it move forward with the ramp. Of course, a plastic was covering one of the bracket screws... and I couldn't get to the plastic's screws because the ramp was covering them... it was one long series of catch 22s. But with much perseverance (and flexing things way more than I preferred) I got it out. Can't wait to see how putting it back together is going to go.

It's frustrating that it would have been so much easier if only that left opto was mounted the same as the rest. I am seriously considering changing it when I re-assemble everything. The risk there is that if I change it and it doesn't work consistently afterwards, I'll have the pleasure of taking it all back apart.

Anyone know how forgiving the opto's are in regard to the cutouts in the ramps? I'll look closer at mine tomorrow, but that left one didn't look like it lined up very well on that 90-degree bracket.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from southbound:

Can't wait to see how putting it back together is going to go.

I do seem to remember it going back in a lot easier than coming out...so at least there's that

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from southbound:

I apologize if I hijacked your thread mkgort.

No worries

I did unscrew the optos before removing the ramp (mine would not come out no matter which way I twisted). I found it was not as difficult as it looked, the small holes in the ramp being put there for that purpose and the opto screws staying in their mounting brackets.

MK

#15 11 years ago

Another Friday; another case of beer, and some progress....

MK

No_Fear_1.jpgNo_Fear_1.jpg No_Fear_2.jpgNo_Fear_2.jpg No_Fear_3.jpgNo_Fear_3.jpg No_Fear_4.jpgNo_Fear_4.jpg

#16 11 years ago

First clear coat down....ready for some touch-ups.

#17 11 years ago

Nice! Never done a full tear down...impressive.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 37.50
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/friday-teardown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.