View topic image gallery

20220709_133437 (resized).jpg
20220724_095350 (resized).jpg
20220724_094732 (resized).jpg
20221022_145553 (resized).jpg
20221203_154638 (resized).jpg
20221106_131501 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

My son and I require fresh air and sunshine once in a while, and we don't count 8-10 hr pinball runs. Anyway.. we are PDGA members playing novice division here in sunny north east Florida. And yes.. being novice means we are insanely good. Anyway, the disc golf community is very much like the pinball community where actually playing either is just the activity that ties us together. So get off your a$$ and get some exercise.. its free, you can enjoy your favorite beverage, and find some new friends! I added some pics for fun, random courses in Fl. My youngest son and I ran into Ezra Aderhold at one of the local courses practicing.. (top 20 pro disc golfer). It was cool chillin with him for a min without 100s of people around. Super cool guy. See u on the course!

20220709_133437 (resized).jpg20220709_133437 (resized).jpg20220724_094732 (resized).jpg20220724_094732 (resized).jpg20220724_095350 (resized).jpg20220724_095350 (resized).jpg20221022_145553 (resized).jpg20221022_145553 (resized).jpg20221106_131501 (resized).jpg20221106_131501 (resized).jpg20221203_154638 (resized).jpg20221203_154638 (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago

Its the dead of winter here and I haven't played much in recent years but I do occasionally like to get out and throw some plastic. Looking forward to spring because my neighborhood has a nice little course in the park and I'm going to ride my onewheel and play and knock some rust off!

#3 1 year ago

I haven’t played in years. I’m thinking about taking it up again in the spring. There’s courses all over by me, there’s an 18 hole course literally across the street from me. I’m just not sure my shoulder would hold up, too much pitching in my youth.

#4 1 year ago

Yup, definitely an every weekend thing when it's warm enough. Lots of courses nearby.
As far as learning to throw a disc golf driver though....I kind of stick to putters and midrange discs. as an old dude and a former Ultimate player I don't quite have the right technique or speed to get the hyser to work for me, I don't just can't get as much spin on the disc as I used to.
Probably just need to practice more.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Its the dead of winter here and I haven't played much in recent years but I do occasionally like to get out and throw some plastic. Looking forward to spring because my neighborhood has a nice little course in the park and I'm going to ride my onewheel and play and knock some rust off!

Pinball + Disc Golf + OneWheel is the holy trinity.

Quoted from StoneyCreek:

As far as learning to throw a disc golf driver though....I kind of stick to putters and midrange discs. as an old dude and a former Ultimate player I don't quite have the right technique or speed to get the hyser to work for me, I don't just can't get as much spin on the disc as I used to.

As I used to tell newer players, the disc's "speed rating" only works if you can get it to that speed. If not, you're only getting the last portion of the flight path as it slows down. If you can make Speed 6-7 discs fly correctly, do that and keep your control. Just throw TeeBirds and Buzz's until the sun goes down. No reason to throw a Speed 12 and have it never get into it's flight path. Higher speeds are more squirrely too. Just master the 6-7's and don't worry about the fact that others can outdrive. Just means they can miss further, and it's a non factor on tight holes. Putting is the most important aspect anyways.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Pinball + Disc Golf + OneWheel is the holy trinity.

As I used to tell newer players, the disc's "speed rating" only works if you can get it to that speed. If not, you're only getting the last portion of the flight path as it slows down. If you can make Speed 6-7 discs fly correctly, do that and keep your control. Just throw TeeBirds and Buzz's until the sun goes down. No reason to throw a Speed 12 and have it never get into it's flight path. Higher speeds are more squirrely too. Just master the 6-7's and don't worry about the fact that others can outdrive. Just means they can miss further, and it's a non factor on tight holes. Putting is the most important aspect anyways.

Great advice. Kinda like spheroid golf. drive for show...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fresh-air-any-disc-golfers- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.