231F2BDF-747A-4634-A0D6-77FAA675B885 (resized).jpeg
Roller Coaster.jpg
IMG_0072.JPG
IMG_0070 (resized).JPG
14884247176732096959110 (resized).jpg
FA4 (resized).JPG
FA3 (resized).JPG
FA2 (resized).JPG

There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

Sorry about that. Unfortunately pinball does not pay the bills in an arcade. The formerly 17 pinball machines we started with will further be reduced to 2 machines in the next few weeks, until we find a larger location.
On a more positive note, GOtG arrives tomorrow and should be placed into NYNY Big Apple Arcade next week.

Please stay downtown!

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Please stay downtown!

That's our plan. Just need more space.

#153 6 years ago

NYNY's arcade is awesome too.

Thank you for having so many nice machines there. You can tell they are well cared for.

-Ned

#154 6 years ago

Sorry about that. Unfortunately pinball does not pay the bills in an arcade. The formerly 17 pinball machines we started with will further be reduced to 2 machines in the next few weeks, until we find a larger location.
On a more positive note, GOtG arrives tomorrow and should be placed into NYNY Big Apple Arcade next week.

Right on! It happens. Did get a chance to play at NYNY- had fun

Some pics from last week attached. It was cool to get to play the Stern Star Wars, has me rethinking trading my DESW up for one. The Battle Pod is also a joy to behold. I need one!

198B61C7-2574-402E-99A3-C48F9791A67B (resized).jpeg198B61C7-2574-402E-99A3-C48F9791A67B (resized).jpeg

51711A1E-ECD6-4739-810C-CB9E4B76CC07 (resized).jpeg51711A1E-ECD6-4739-810C-CB9E4B76CC07 (resized).jpeg

D787986A-1460-4C48-B3FF-8FA8777AEE35 (resized).jpegD787986A-1460-4C48-B3FF-8FA8777AEE35 (resized).jpeg

1FCFBBE2-BEB1-4398-B3A0-F8A2D3461866 (resized).jpeg1FCFBBE2-BEB1-4398-B3A0-F8A2D3461866 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#155 6 years ago

The formerly 17 pinball machines we started with will further be reduced to 2 machines in the next few weeks

I wish I had read this before revisiting the Fremont Arcade. I previously had posted about what a great place it was. I visited Las Vegas this week and saw the Groupon deal for $10 worth of tokens for $5 (with a Groupon coupon code it only cost $4). When I walked in, I couldn't believe all the pins had been replaced with crane machines. Only a GoT/LE and Metallica remained. Both worked well, but the GoT was kind of dirty. I was really disappointed. I played each machine twice and walked out with $6 in tokens in my pocket. I won't be back.

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from BallyPinWiz:

I wish I had read this before revisiting the Fremont Arcade. I previously had posted about what a great place it was. I visited Las Vegas this week and saw the Groupon deal for $10 worth of tokens for $5 (with a Groupon coupon code it only cost $4). When I walked in, I couldn't believe all the pins had been replaced with crane machines. Only a GoT/LE and Metallica remained. Both worked well, but the GoT was kind of dirty. I was really disappointed. I played each machine twice and walked out with $6 in tokens in my pocket. I won't be back.

Thank you for your continued support.

Have you considered the possibility that your whopping $4 purchase, of which I receive $2.50, and you receive $10 in tokens, might NOT be enough revenue to sustain 17 pinball machines in a commercial business location???

No, it's pretty obvious that you didn't.

The current arcade equipment that replaced those 15 pinball machines.... well, they literally make no less than 2x-10x more money than pinball machines. In fact that $1,500 electronic massage chair, that I'm sure you didn't bother putting a dollar into, generates 4x what any $7,000 pinball machine makes... with no maintenance, and no dipshit complaining that it's not level every other day.

I don't want to bore you with discussions of business operations, expenses, revenue psf, and profit goals. So I'll cut it short and just say that the lesson to be learned here is you can either REALLY support location pinball, or location pinball will simply go away.

Using Groupon to try to scam $10 worth of pinball play for $4.... well that's why there's only 2 pinball machines left.

I do hope that you enjoy the tokens that you took. That classy move cost me another $3.00 in business losses. But it's ok. I'll make it up by removing another pinball machine.

#157 6 years ago

Have you considered the possibility that your whopping $4 purchase, of which I receive $2.50, and you receive $10 in tokens, might NOT be enough revenue to sustain 17 pinball machines in a commercial business location???
The current arcade equipment that replaced those 15 pinball machines.... well, they literally make no less than 2x-10x more money than pinball machines. In fact that $1,500 electronic massage chair, that I'm sure you didn't bother putting a dollar into, generates 4x what any $7,000 pinball machine makes... with no maintenance, and no dipshit complaining that it's not level every other day.
I don't want to bore you with discussions of business operations, expenses, revenue psf, and profit goals. So I'll cut it short and just say that the lesson to be learned here is you can either REALLY support location pinball, or location pinball will simply go away.
Using Groupon to try to scam $10 worth of pinball play for $4.... well that's why there's only 2 pinball machines left.
I do hope that you enjoy the tokens that you took. That classy move cost me another .75c in business losses. But it's ok. I'll make it up by removing another pinball machine.

Stay classy San Diego.

#158 6 years ago

Quoted from ExtremePinball:Using Groupon to try to scam $10 worth of pinball play for $4.... well that's why there's only 2 pinball machines left.

Typical bunch of losers! I pumped a bunch of coin into NYNY location.

Heading to Vegas for Super Bowl and some folks are staying at Golden Nugget downtown so i will drop some coin into both pins AND i won't use Groupon

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Typical bunch of losers! I pumped a bunch of coin into NYNY location.
Heading to Vegas for Super Bowl and some folks are staying at Golden Nugget downtown so i will drop some coin into both pins AND i won't use Groupon

Let me know when you're coming into the arcade and we'll take the "company car" up to the shop to play the other 15 pins.

#160 6 years ago

Me and the misses were in LV over Christmas and had a two player game on every pin in NYNY.

We really enjoyed GotG layout but you can't really get into the rules after one game.

Like last time I was there all of the pins were pretty much mint besides the snake in MET wasn't registering.

IMG_6664 (resized).JPGIMG_6664 (resized).JPG

#161 6 years ago

I'll be in Vegas next week, and look forward to playing all the pins in NYNY. Was planning a trip to Fremont street arcade, but glad I got the heads up through this thread that there's only few pins there. Thank you and keep up the good work ExtremePinball , great to see machines in location!

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I'll be in Vegas next week, and look forward to playing all the pins in NYNY. Was planning a trip to Fremont street arcade, but glad I got the heads up through this thread that there's only few pins there. Thank you and keep up the good work extremepinball , great to see machines in location!

Thank you, sir.

However, so that it comes as no surprise when you, or anybody else goes to NYNY, the pinball lineup has been reduced to 8 machines.

Star Trek Prem & Kiss Pro have been removed with no plans for replacements.

#163 6 years ago

I do hope that you enjoy the tokens that you took. That classy move cost me another $3.00 in business losses. But it's ok. I'll make it up by removing another pinball machine.

Wow, Well Put.

I will be coming to Vegas at the end of the month. I plan on visiting both locations without a groupon, and I love the massage chair.

3 months later
#164 5 years ago

plan on again making NYNY a "must" on the destination list when in town in June. Staying on the strip, but will end up on Fremont St. at least one night.

#165 5 years ago

Just an FYI... NY, NY Arcade closes at midnight. I arrived at 12:10AM and everything was switched off for the night. I was pretty bummed out about it. I did wander into the arcade with all the games off and stared at all the pinball glory that I had missed by 10 minutes. I had blindly assumed that everything in Vegas was 24/7.

I did manage to go to Freemont Arcade again this year. There were 3 pins there. GoT, MET, and Hobbit. All of them played very well. I dumped about $6 in credits into the Hobbit and walked away. I just couldn't get into it. Being a big Tolkien fan, I really wanted to like it, but it just wasn't for me. I dumped the remaining $4 in tokens into the Time Crisis (I think it was Time Crisis) game to the left of the pins.

I'll be back to Vegas next year and this time I'll make sure I'm at NY, NY with plenty of time to spare!!!

Thank you for having these pins available to the public. Any chance of a TNA perhaps gracing the line-up in the future?

#166 5 years ago

I was their mid april. I thought Kiss pro was there and also played many games on Sterns POTC. No Star Trek. Seemed like ten pins though.

The VGK had a Stanley Cup game that friday night, the area was rocking. Ended up beating the Kings in OT.

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Just an FYI... NY, NY Arcade closes at midnight. I arrived at 12:10AM and everything was switched off for the night. I was pretty bummed out about it. I did wander into the arcade with all the games off and stared at all the pinball glory that I had missed by 10 minutes. I had blindly assumed that everything in Vegas was 24/7.
I did manage to go to Freemont Arcade again this year. There were 3 pins there. GoT, MET, and Hobbit. All of them played very well. I dumped about $6 in credits into the Hobbit and walked away. I just couldn't get into it. Being a big Tolkien fan, I really wanted to like it, but it just wasn't for me. I dumped the remaining $4 in tokens into the Time Crisis (I think it was Time Crisis) game to the left of the pins.
I'll be back to Vegas next year and this time I'll make sure I'm at NY, NY with plenty of time to spare!!!
Thank you for having these pins available to the public. Any chance of a TNA perhaps gracing the line-up in the future?

Yeah believe it or not most everything closes in Vegas at some point. The clubs and bars will be open but usually that’s about it. It’s pretty hard to find late night food even depending where you are on the strip.

3 months later
#168 5 years ago

Went to New York New York today and was under whelmed. I have been multiple times in the past and was very happy. Today a lot of the games were pretty dirty and the guardians had a ball stuck and Groot did not work properly. We played some vids as well and they were all busted.

Tonight heading to Fremont street. Excited as I have never been to that location.

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Went to New York New York today and was under whelmed. I have been multiple times in the past and was very happy. Today a lot of the games were pretty dirty and the guardians had a ball stuck and Groot did not work properly. We played some vids as well and they were all busted.
Tonight heading to Fremont street. Excited as I have never been to that location.

As Andrew Heighway would say: Here's a photo from two weeks ago at New York, New York.... Screenshot_20180803-051458 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180803-051458 (resized).png

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I was there about 4 months ago and there were no pins anymore. Did they return?

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from TheBrewhouse:

I was there about 4 months ago and there were no pins anymore. Did they return?

One token pin in the corner. I believe a met. I didn’t even play it just a quick walk through. Hit up a crazy dive bar called nerd. Could be so cool but needed bar rescue ASAP!

1 month later
#172 5 years ago

Headed to Vegas as my wife’s +1 for a conference, so I will have lots of unsupervised time to play pinball. Other than PHOF, NYNY, and Fliiperspiel, is there anywhere I need to check out to play? I just read this whole thread, and even if it is just one pin I am stopping here to pump some cash into it to vote with my dollar and support the cause.

#173 5 years ago

The Excalibur has Iron Man and Game of Thrones.

#174 5 years ago

The current arcade equipment that replaced those 15 pinball machines.... well, they literally make no less than 2x-10x more money than pinball machines.

And yet you claimed you could do a better job than Tim. So much for that bullshit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus
Shooter rods
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 24.95
Hookedonpinball.com
Armor and blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fremont-arcade-downtown-las-vegas-fremont-street-experience/page/4?hl=michigandad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.