(Topic ID: 29147)

Freight Shipping Refund - Kill me now

By castlesteve

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif
    There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

Ok, so I had a machine damaged via freight. I used a 3rd party company for billing in order to get volume rates and not be a volume user. They price shop and use whatever shipper is local for the best rate. It happens to be the same freight company every time and a nationwide company with a good reputation.

However, as you know, these guys treat their cargo like crap. If you put FRAGILE stickers on it, they hit them harder. If you at all care about your stuff, it seems they like to show you how they can break things in more inventive ways. I've just always dealt with the claims myself and sucked it up.

Well finally, I've had it. They damaged a machine (Ms. Pacman) and the customer refused it. The freight company shipped it back and I repaired it. Of course, I had to pay for another shipment and issue a claim with my 3rd party. I had a feeling it was going to be a pain in the ass.

6 weeks later and many emails and calls unanswered. I finally get "Jenni" on their business chat line.

Here's what follows... I know it's long - but read it.

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You: Hello, I am inquiring about an open claim. I've tried to get updates on this a couple times now and was told someone would contact me... but it never happens. It's been just about 6 weeks now, so we're at the end of the wait period. I'll need to get resolution on this today

Jenni: BOL#

You: 1xxxxxx

Jenni: Just one moment, checking.

Jenni: Need the total weight of the damage that occured

You: The total weight of the shipped item?

You: I believe it was 325 lbs

You: It's a full size commercial Ms. Pacman arcade game that was restored to new condition

Jenni: 'The weight of the item is 325

Jenni: How much of that was damaged

Jenni: What was the total weight of the damage

You: The damage was cosmetic, but the customer refused it and it came back to me. I had to tear it down, repaint and resticker the one side and pay for it to be shipped back again. She accepted the package the second time.

You: The driver was there and I spoke with him. He took it right back on the truck and confirmed that there was damage on the side

You: The entire machine had to be shipped back so the total weight was the original shipping weight.

Jenni: I understand the machine was damaged

Jenni: In order to complete the claim

Jenni: I need the damaged weight

You: Im sorry, I dont understand the question then? The damaged weight? Something on the truck must have fallen and skidded down the size of the machine. It ripped through the packaging, scraped through the paint into the wood about 3" or so.

You: Based on the description online:: E. WEIGHT OF CLAIMED GOODS When filing a cargo claim for a partial damage and/or loss the weight of the affected cargo is required.

You: The entire machine needed to be shipped back, so this is not considered partial damage. So the weight should be the entire package.

(30 minutes passes)

You: hello?

(another hour passes I think - I had to go to a meeting)

You: Let me know the status on this please. I understand you have a process and act as a 3rd party, but it appears as you havent even started processing this claim.

Jenni: Let me call the claim office.

You: thanks

Jenni: RL is claiming they havent received will email it to them now

Jenni: Not fax it

You: ok, so what's the next step after that?

Jenni: Will get a confirmation from RL with email that they received it and then contact you

Jenni: I need the total weight

Jenni: That was damaged

You: It was all one piece. So 325lbs

Jenni: It was 1 piece

You: yes

Jenni: But I need the weight of what got damaged

You: I feel like we're going in circles. There was not a separate piece that got damaged that could be
    removed. The entire item is one piece

Jenni: I underatand its 1 piece

Jenni: The entire item didn't get damaged correct?

Jenni: Just 1 part?

Jenni: What is the weight for the item that got damaged

You: The entire cabinet side was damaged. It cannot be separated because it is all one piece. It is not like a drawer in a chest that can be removed and repaired. There are no parts that could be removed to make it less than the entire weight.

You: So yes, the entire item was damaged

Jenni: SO it cant be repaired

You: The entire machine was already sent back to me - REPAIRED - and the entire machine was already shipped back to the original customer. I paid for this machine to be shipped in it's entire size TWICE plus the cost of repair

You: I cannot explain this any more clearly. This machine costs over $2000. The repair was less than the cost of a new machine.

(Crickets... no response - and we're still connected in a chat right now)

#2 11 years ago

OMG!!! The Horror!!!

#3 11 years ago

A restored Ms. Pac sells for 2k+?

Dang

#4 11 years ago

Holy shit!

i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gifi-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

Dang

Maybe since pinflation is going crazy we'll now see cabflation of arcade cabs? :-p

#6 11 years ago

Do you have to deal through chat, I'd tell jenni to call me right now and do I that way, I bet you wouldn't have to wait nearly as long, then you could explain to her dumbass about the weight issue, she clearly understands what you mean but she should know what to punch in to make it work.

#7 11 years ago

Lol I know how this works they have a per pound estimate how much they pay I found out the system when I moved my wife. They are hoping you're gonna say the side panel weighs 10 lbs or something then they'll multiply that by their rate and presto you get like 10lbs x $2.50 = $25. If your moving trash it's okay but if your moving a grand piano it's gonna be really bad news if you get damage. Good luck hope you figure out how to get your money.

#9 11 years ago

Wow, good luck. Sounds like they are giving you the run around on purpose, hoping that you'll give up, and not file a claim. If you had to pay to ship it twice, play her game, and say the damaged weight was 650 pounds. That will really confuse Jenni.

Good luck, I hope you get this resolved.

#10 11 years ago

Wow, what a painful conversation.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from Venom_249:

Lol I know how this works they have a per pound estimate how much they pay I found out the system when I moved my wife.

You shipped your wife as freight?? How much does she weigh? sorry couldn't resist.. jk of course.

#12 11 years ago

Who's on first exactly. I thought I may have been on a secret video camera show. I was going crazy. Lol

Anyway, this company refuses to answer the phone so
    Chat is my only option

#13 11 years ago

I think customer service people have a manual on how to be as difficult as possible. I worked the phones here for 2 years to help people with medical insurance claims, and when the professional customer service centers called in on behalf of the hospitals, I would literally get dizzy from trying to follow them talking in circles. Good luck. Always ask for their name, extension, supervisor, and supervisor's extension to see if they'll give you any actual contact info. If they think people are going to be a bigger pain than they can be, they'll give in quicker.

#15 11 years ago

omg. so what was the weight of the damage. sorry for the run around man

#16 11 years ago

I think Jenni failed the Turing test.

#17 11 years ago

She claims to understand it was one item. However, I'm sure she is used to people shipping 500lbs for example and that is 10 items or whatnot. So perhaps she has confused herself that only one item went in the shipment altogether

Good luck either way!

#18 11 years ago

I'm on pins and needles waiting for the total damaged weight...TELL US.

Jk sorry this is happening to you. Would you care to divulge the third party to save us from this nightmare scenario? I use FreightQuote.com never had a problem. Knock, Knock

Jason

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from prock:

You shipped your wife as freight?? How much does she weigh? sorry couldn't resist.. jk of course.

Haha you got me! 100lbs, would been cheaper than all her junk we just had to take with us.

#20 11 years ago

Turn Jenni over to Daniel Tosh.

#21 11 years ago

I guess the damaged weight was like 35 lbs. the one side got damaged and I guess
    the weight of that piece of wood is 35 lbs. simple

#22 11 years ago

Freightz

And I'm never ever shipping pallet again

I mean , it's funny but damn

#23 11 years ago

Are you still waiting?

#24 11 years ago

Maybe she's pretty? I can't believe someone can be that dumb and not get an even hand elsewhere.

#25 11 years ago

Wait, I think I missed it....
    What was the weight of the damage?

#26 11 years ago

I finally bailed out. I told her if she can't figure it out that ill find my refund another way

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Maybe since pinflation is going crazy we'll now see cabflation of arcade cabs? :-p

Not likely. You emulate an arcade cab and it's better than the arcade. You emulate a pinball, you just want to go play real pinball!

#28 11 years ago

You guys don't really don't know anything about economics. There is no "pinflation" it's called demand and I'm personally surprised all pins haven't soared by now. A proper Ms PAC has been going for 2k for the last 10 years - and it only consists of 3 major components. Be happy you can even find a proper pin as it won't last. Not everyone is willing to buy a machine, spend 2 plus weeks restoring it and sell it for break even. We're not all saints

#29 11 years ago

I know shipping with NAVL is expensive but I have heard nothing but positive feedback from people dealing with Michelle when issues do occur with them and claims are required. Unfortunate stories like this is part of the reason I don't mind paying more for the comfort of knowing I won't have a hassle if something happens using NAVL. Hopefully the company is willing to make things right and let us know the outcome.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from dasmb:

Not likely. You emulate an arcade cab and it's better than the arcade. You emulate a pinball, you just want to go play real pinball!

Emulation is not better than the real thing. Due to the way MAME is written it adds artificial input lag, it can't run the exact speeds of the boards, many drivers (even ones tagged as good) actually don't run correctly, it can't correctly emulate analogue sounds, etc.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

I know shipping with NAVL is expensive but I have heard nothing but positive feedback from people dealing with Michelle when issues do occur with them and claims are required. Unfortunate stories like this is part of the reason I don't mind paying more for the comfort of knowing I won't have a hassle if something happens using NAVL. Hopefully the company is willing to make things right and let us know the outcome.

Exactly my feeling ad well. I'm going to go to the bank and see if I can refute the charge since it was done on visa checking. I won't get the repairs paid likely but at least the shipping.

#32 11 years ago

Is she asking what is the weight of the damaged item? If so, then the answer is 325 lbs. I fail to see, however, what that has to do with anything unless they are going to pay a percentage worked out from the estimated total damaged weight (say 35lbs for a side):

$2000 /(325/35) = $215.

Simple really if a little odd.

#33 11 years ago

If pushed for an answer to her question, I also would have answered 325 pounds. It's impossible to know the weight of anything other than the "1" piece.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

Dang

Most definitely. Sold my restored Ms Pac for that about four years ago.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from castlesteve:

Ok, so I had a machine damaged via freight.

Man that's crazy. I will be interested to hear how this turns out.

#36 11 years ago

I just got a mysterious message out of NYC regarding my "claim" - however this company is out of Florida... so we'll see how this progresses. Of course, half of NY lives in Florida anyway in Del Boca Vista

#37 11 years ago

Just be glad you're dealing with private company. Can you imagine how bad and ridiculous this would be if you were having to deal with a government agency?!?

Your experience totally sucks by the way. Jenni is probably 18 or in India. Or both. Call the Better Business Bureau. They should be able to help.

#38 11 years ago

Its all sold out

#39 11 years ago

Their is nothing available in Del Boca Vista, don't even try

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

Are you telling me there's not one condo available in all of Del Boca

Vista?

#41 11 years ago

Wtf is bdv?

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Are you telling me there's not one condo available in all of Del Boca
    Vista?

Nothing available in Tuscany either

#44 11 years ago

FYI = DIY

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

You think you can keep me out of Florida? We're moving in lock, stock, and barrel. We're gonna be in the pool! We're gonna be in the clubhouse! We're gonna be all over that shuffleboard court. And I dare you to keep me out!

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from system11:

Emulation is not better than the real thing. Due to the way MAME is written it adds artificial input lag, it can't run the exact speeds of the boards, many drivers (even ones tagged as good) actually don't run correctly, it can't correctly emulate analogue sounds, etc.

Thats not quite what I meant. Most people who play emulated arcade games don't do so on MAME -- they do so on "Retrocade" apps sponsored by the current IP holders with access to the source. Those offer, in the opinions of most players, a superior experience to stand up arcades. State saving, portability, enhanced graphics, ease of access, no maintenance and so on. If you're going to invest in one game that's heavy, expensive and high maintenance, it had better be a dramatically superior experience to what you can get for $1 on your Samsung Tradeoff.

Like pinball. Just saying. Stand up video died because we all had HD and they didn't. Pinball, on the other hand, is always HD. It's got an enemy that can't be defeated (gravity) and a spectacular physics engine.

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

You think you can keep me out of Florida? We're moving in lock, stock, and barrel. We're gonna be in the pool! We're gonna be in the clubhouse! We're gonna be all over that shuffleboard court. And I dare you to keep me out!

This is where Seinfeld's parents live isn't it?

#49 11 years ago

LmAo! Kramer for President!

#50 11 years ago

What a nightmare

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freight-shipping-refund-kill-me-now and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.