10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by stevevt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Legacy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

You know guys..... I have been in the pinball hobby for quite a while now. No matter what I do, I just cannot seem to get away from a problem that occurs over, and over, and over again. It finally happened now to where it is trying to affect my checkbook.

I am curious to know what experiences you guys have dealing with freight companies. Let me tell you how it has been for me. With the exception of NAVL, every single time another freight line delivers me a game, the driver just calls me out of the blue one day and is either sitting at my house, or an hour away. And with every transaction I do, I always am guaranteed by the seller, "Oh the freight company will absolutely call you to set up an appointment". BULLSHIT. I just bought a monster bash from a fellow pinsider overseas. He guarantees me they will call to set up an appointment. About two weeks go by, I get a call yesterday the driver is on his way to my house. REALLY???? No word for two weeks, no call to set up an appointment, just shows up like usual. You know I have survived this game for so long because I work 5 minutes from my home, so usually when this happens I chew somebody out and go over to my house and get the game. Not this time, the truck doesn't have a lift gate. They tell me to reschedule for tomorrow or Friday. Then I get a notice this morning saying they are going to charge me $161 bucks to redeliver. I get with the seller and let him know what is going on. He contacts the freight company and they come back saying they called me last Friday and talked to me to confirm an appointment for Monday. ROFL. Maybe I need to pull my phone records to show evidence for this lie??? What would you guys do? I'm confused about how I should handle this situation. They have my product worth quite a bit of money and are now trying to extract an extra $161 from me because they couldn't just simply call me in advance.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Legacy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freight-problem-opinions-welcome?tu=Legacy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.