You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

UnfinishedCriminalCoelacanth-size_restricted.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Capture (resized).JPG
#1 4 years ago

I was stoked to finally have found a NIB Jurassic Park LE through Trent @ Tilt. Sent him the check, and he shipped it off via Roadrunner Freight on 1/30. Well, the freight went through their Columbus Ohio terminal and stopped tracking as shown here:

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

I called them up on 2/4 and asked where it was, and the lady basically said "We cannot find it and we started an investigation on February 2nd". Then she said "It may have been sent on a train as well, we just don't know" ....

I did email Trent a couple of days ago and he said he'll look into it, but he also hasn't heard anything from them.

I called them today, and same thing "they are investigating it"

So my question is, has anyone ever had their pinball machine disappear ? Trent says it is insured.. but how long that can take I don't know. Not to mention its not easy to replace a NIB Jurassic Park LE either.

If it was stolen, maybe keep a lookout for one popping up near Columbus Ohio I guess.

Just a bummer all around

Whatever you do - DO NOT let someone ship your pin via Roadrunner Freight.

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

has anyone ever had their pinball machine disappear ?

I had one. Took a few days to locate and send it on it's way.

You need somebody in there badgering the freight company for you.

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I had one. Took a few days to locate and send it on it's way.
You need somebody in there badgering the freight company for you.
LTG : )

That somebody should be the distributor who sold the game.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

I agree man. I hope he's doing what he needs to on the back end to figure this out. Also sucks I paid cash and not credit card for this too, so yeah its a shitty feeling paying someone $9500 and now having that machine lost and no one seems to have any answers.

#5 4 years ago

In my experience, Roadrunner tracking is notoriously inaccurate for some unknown mind blowing reason. I’ve had a few “what?” moments including two irreplaceable fully populated playfields disappear (Safe Cracker and Bugs Bunny) from my house to Texas.

At 10:30am the day my Elvira LE was delivered, local dispatch had no idea where the game was. At noon they called me to set up delivery. At 2:30pm it was in my garage. Until three days after I already had the game the status showed it was somewhere in Kansas.

#6 4 years ago

In each case, my problem was solved by finding/calling the dispatch guy for the receiving terminal. However, finding what that terminal is takes a lot of detective work and the RR web site is not helpful in finding that info at all.

#7 4 years ago

That's crazy... Good luck -hope this shows up soon to your residence in pristine condition.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

In each case, my problem was solved by finding/calling the dispatch guy for the receiving terminal. However, finding what that terminal is takes a lot of detective work and the RR web site is not helpful in finding that info at all.

Interesting, this is good information! I am going to do some investigating on my own tomorrow and see what I can do and what I can find out.

Now I am worried if it is located, what condition is it going to be in? Sucks

#9 4 years ago

I wouldn't worry about it. Trent is a reputable distributor. I'd just take a deep breath and sit back and wait. It sucks but worry is a useless emotion and will just make it worse. It will get resolved. Try not to fret over things outside of your control.

#10 4 years ago

If it is never found, I would see if I could obtain the serial number and post it on pinside letting others know it might show up someday for sale. It will not do much. But I would sleep better knowing the guy might get outed someday. That’s just me wanting some kind of justice.

Edit: sorry for your troubles. But I think I would rather have it missing than destroyed. I think it will get resolved quicker. Good luck!

#11 4 years ago

ACME packaging and Roadrunner Freight. What could possibly go wrong? Meep-Meep.

#12 4 years ago

I had a similar incident happen to me a few years ago although it was not a pinball machine. I bought a very nice high end Weber grill and had it shipped to Denver. When I went to the shipping depot to pick it up in Denver it had "disappeared". I had paid with a credit card and the seller had to send out another grill. Somehow, I rather suspect that someone in Denver is enjoying this "lost" grill.

#13 4 years ago

I had an AFM LE that was lost for two weeks. The shipping company had no idea what was up. They finally found it and it arrived with the box in perfect condition.

Now the game inside was packed upside down by CGC but luckily there was no issue with that as well.

#14 4 years ago

Damn KPG you are snake bit

#15 4 years ago

I'm a Truck driver who hauls Freight for a living and work for ltl companies(Fed ex, ups) Roadrunner is hands down the worst of the freight carriers. If a distro told me they use roadrunner well i wont be buying from that Distro. Whenever you do business with Roadrunner you take a gamble

#16 4 years ago

I had someone else's game delivered to me, totally different game. Finally found out my game was actually still in Detroit and I went and got it myself without any compensation from the freight company. That was the last time I ever shipped a game, never again!! Plus the time before that they busted up a game that I had shipped, a $9000 game at that. Did I mention that I'll never ship another game ever again?!?

John

#17 4 years ago

I’ve shipped two loads palletized with Roadrunner, one was decent, second time was a total trash!
Over a five week period they told me they had picked up (which they did not), then said they couldn’t locate, then flat out said they didn’t want the job, then billed me for it, all without ever even stopping to pickup the pallets.

Worst shipping experience ever. And I ship cars all over the us.

Man I hope your game shows up, but from my experience unless you lay on them hard, Roadrunner won’t do anything to help you.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

If you want the game back, you should both be badgering them. I can’t even tell you the shipping nightmares I have in my business. Anything can happen. It can be stolen. Or, if it was put on in a train, it could easily me temporarily untraceable. Just absolutely do not let up.

#19 4 years ago

My second pinball was a Party Zone that I got from a pin dealer in Arkansas who’s street name was Buzzard Bluff.Rick shipped my machine the next which was Tuesday,tracking showed it in Indianapolis the following day 3 hits from my house.Two days go by so I call Old Dominion and they don’t know where it is.So this goes on for two weeks and they finally call me and say it was in Canada and they would get it to me in the week And then I traded it straight up for a BSD

#20 4 years ago

Funny, I came home and found this.....Wondered how it got here?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#21 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

called them up on 2/4 and asked where it was, and the lady basically said "We cannot find it and we started an investigation on February 2nd". Then she said "It may have been sent on a train as well, we just don't know" ....

Quoted from albummydavis:

If you want the game back, you should both be badgering them. I can’t even tell you the shipping nightmares I have in my business. Anything can happen. It can be stolen. Or, if it was put on in a train, it could easily me temporarily untraceable. Just absolutely do not let up.

You call this person everyday. Be nice, but call her everyday. As he says, do not let up. If you do not call they will forget about you. If you have to, elevate it and ask to speak with her supervisor and lay out the situation. Always, be nice.

Employees make mistakes. They read the order wrong. Or something.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Funny, I came home and found this.....Wondered how it got here?[quoted image]

Oh, that's cold

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

I had someone else's game delivered to me, totally different game. Finally found out my game was actually still in Detroit and I went and got it myself without any compensation from the freight company. That was the last time I ever shipped a game, never again!! Plus the time before that they busted up a game that I had shipped, a $9000 game at that. Did I mention that I'll never ship another game ever again?!?
John

Dayhuff The game I have that you want, ill personally deliver, I wouldn't take a chance with a shipper on it!!

#24 4 years ago

That sucks - had a similar situation with shipping issues a few weeks ago. Bought a game from GEX in Denver and instead of just travelling 6 hours north to me, it went east to Kansas City where it sat for 5 days before going north to Minneapolis where it sat for another 2 days before making its way back west. It went from R&L Carriers to Roadrunner and finally to Magnum. I had to call multiple times to prod them along as to when it would be delivered. When I was told 2-3 days, I just went to the terminal and picked it up. Box looked like hell, but other than some wear on the edge of the lockdown bar it was fine. JJ at GEX replaced that as well as got updates along the way, but still, what a headache.

Hopefully your JP LE is found and your Distributor is taking care of things.

#26 4 years ago

UnfinishedCriminalCoelacanth-size_restricted.gifUnfinishedCriminalCoelacanth-size_restricted.gif

#27 4 years ago

Thanks guys I really appreciate it, and I will update this thread with any info I can get. I am not too worried about Trent, I mean, he did his part - he handed off to the shipper and I am sure he'll need to handle the insurance claim if needed, at least I hope so.

Based on a lot of comments here, it seems Roadrunner has been terrible for not only me but others.

Moral of story, NEVER use Roadrunner freight. Hopefully their tracking is just screwed up and this thing just magically shows up. But last time it was updated was a week ago, and technically it should have been here already. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Funny, I came home and found this.....Wondered how it got here?[quoted image]

You have EXIT signs above door frames in your house?

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Who doesnt? Safety first.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

They tell me where to go, when I want to leave the house!
Im getting old and it helps!

(Someone elses pic from early in thread)

#31 4 years ago

I felt really bad marking this topic as a "favorite", but I want to see how it turns out.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I felt really bad marking this topic as a "favorite", but I want to see how it turns out.

Same

#33 4 years ago

Update:

They located it !

It was discovered at the first terminal that it arrived at. Someone scanned it, and it never was loaded to get to the next terminal so it never arrived. So they completely lost track of it.

So for 10 days it has sat and technically went no where. If it wasn't for me calling a billion times they would have never found it and it would have sat there collecting dust.

Roadrunner Freight = the suck

But either way - it appears as if it was just loaded and will be on its way to me in CA soon. Let's just hope they don't lose it again on the way LOL

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Update:
They located it !
It was discovered at the first terminal that it arrived at. Someone scanned it, and it never was loaded to get to the next terminal so it never arrived. So they completely lost track of it.
So for 10 days it has sat and technically went no where. If it wasn't for me calling a billion times they would have never found it and it would have sat there collecting dust.
Roadrunner Freight = the suck
But either way - it appears as if it was just loaded and will be on its way to me in CA soon. Let's just hope they don't lose it again on the way LOL

It may be my cynicism, but I wonder if someone at the terminal just stashed it with the thought of converting it to their own use and your dogged persistence made it so that they would eventually have to 'find' it. Anyway, congrats on your pin getting 'found'.

Gord

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

Yup I fought UPS for four months over a NOS Champion Pub playfield that I shipped to a buyer. It was in a wooden crate and already paid for and insured luckily. UPS lost it and had no idea what happened to it......In the end the buyer got there money back and I was out over $50 and a crap ton load of my time fighting to get this settled for my buyer since UPS wont talk to the buyer only the seller. I could go on and on but I will just end it here. I will say, I wont ship anything as I just got stiffed on a transformer by a Pinsider who has never paid me anything yet, including shipping it. Live and learn I guess, but shipping wise on anything, yeah I'm DONE!!

John

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Yep

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

just got stiffed on a transformer by a Pinsider who has never paid me anything yet, including shipping it.

That's being TOO nice. Why the heck would you ship something that they haven't paid for? Or did they pay via paypal and retract it or something? If that's the case, put their name out there.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That's being TOO nice. Why the heck would you ship something that they haven't paid for? Or did they pay via paypal and retract it or something? If that's the case, put their name out there.

The guy needed it badly I guess and for some reason I had good faith in him that he would settle up with me once he got it as he was pretty active on Pinside. Thing of it is, that he has not posted anything on Pinside since that time, it just says he's active which you don't have to actually post anything to be "active", you just have to be signed in is all. I paid for the shipping of $20 and if it was something he could use then we'd figure out a value later on and get it all settled up at a later date, I wasn't too concerned at the time. Now I just wonder if something serious has happened to him since he never responds or post anything anymore and that's why I don't want to call him out by name.

John

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

The guy needed it badly I guess and for some reason I had good faith in him that he would settle up with me once he got it as he was pretty active on Pinside. Thing of it is, that he has not posted anything on Pinside since that time, it just says he's active which you don't have to actually post anything to be "active", you just have to be signed in is all. I paid for the shipping of $20 and if it was something he could use then we'd figure out a value later on and get it all settled up at a later date, I wasn't too concerned at the time. Now I just wonder if something serious has happened to him since he never responds or post anything anymore and that's why I don't want to call him out by name.
John

I used to do the old good faith thing and 98% of the time it was fine. The community is pretty small but there is always a turd or two.

#40 4 years ago

Curious if the game was never found, wouldn’t the distributor be responsible for getting you a new game after a certain period of time?

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Curious if the game was never found, wouldn’t the distributor be responsible for getting you a new game after a certain period of time?

Trent pretty much told me that it definitely was insured, he'd just have to put a claim in - who knows how long that takes to get paid though.

Hopefully i'll never need to deal with that process to find out

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

The guy needed it badly I guess and for some reason I had good faith in him that he would settle up with me once he got it

Usually when I used to try and help somebody who needed badly, badly enough to say whatever they thought I wanted to hear, I got burned.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Usually when I used to try and help somebody who needed badly, badly enough to say whatever they thought I wanted to hear, I got burned.

Yeah he's been around a long time too and thats what I don't understand, he seems to have just disappeared totally. And he was right here in Michigan, only a few hours away. Very strange.

John

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Now I just wonder if something serious has happened to him since he never responds or post anything anymore and that's why I don't want to call him out by name.
John

Fair enough.

#45 4 years ago

This will be more common place as everyday people find out these games can run 5K + or more. They can be stolen and sold 2 hours later on CL before anyone realizes they are missing. We used to have a laundromat unattended open 24 hours a day off the interstate in the late 90's with MM and AFM and other popular titles rotated in and out never gave it a second thought. Today would be different.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Sunbury, PA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freight-company-lost-my-nib-jurassic-park-le-?hl=jeep-mustang and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.