Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by boscokid
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9F87F31B-6225-4355-986C-DF0D073D7499 (resized).jpeg

#1 1 year ago

Went on vacation and came back to our chest freezer not working, lost about half our food in there.
    Figured out it was the thermostat, when I took the wires off the thermostat and directly connected them the freezer starts right up and runs fine.
    Problem is, I can’t find a replacement part anywhere that isn’t a scam site. Amazon sells a bunch of similar looking ones but the numbers are different and I don’t know anything about thermostat numbers.
    Mine is a WPF34e. Here is a picture. Will a similar looking wpf20 work? I have no clue what those numbers mean.
    The freezer is a Hisense FE703
    Thanks

9F87F31B-6225-4355-986C-DF0D073D7499 (resized).jpeg9F87F31B-6225-4355-986C-DF0D073D7499 (resized).jpeg
    #2 1 year ago

Just call any hvac supply house or appliance parts house and ask for a generic freezer thermostat. Looks like it’s a 120 volt low temp thermostat

#3 1 year ago

you can try repair clinic they are in Michigan. Its possible to enter make and model on there website and get parts breakdown. Not all thermostat's are the same ;physical size , amperage, temperature range. If you can replacement it should fit with out modification and scale will read correctly

#5 1 year ago

Yes that is it but when I read reviews of that site it was full of people never getting their parts or getting the wrong ones. Several people suspected they don’t actually carry any parts but just drop ship you some junk parts after you order
    Thanks for looking!

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from pintime:

you can try repair clinic they are in Michigan. Its possible to enter make and model on there website and get parts breakdown. Not all thermostat's are the same ;physical size , amperage, temperature range. If you can replacement it should fit with out modification and scale will read correctly

Forgot all about them, I got my fan motor for my AC unit from there fast and for a great price when it went out 2 summers ago, I will look there. My brother in law also got some parts for his furnace from there last winter, seems like a real good company.

#7 1 year ago

I buy appliance parts for a living. Parts town is legit, spent 2300 with them today.

https://www.partstown.com/hisense/hisek1806104

Edit' Crap, just saw out of stock. You might call or chat with them

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

I buy appliance parts for a living. Parts town is legit, spent 2300 with them today.
    https://www.partstown.com/hisense/hisek1806104
    Edit' Crap, just saw out of stock. You might call or chat with them

Yes I saw that one was legit but out of stock and no estimated time to be back in. I will try the chat feature and see if they know. Thanks for vouching for them
    Edit: they close at 8pm so no chat right now, will have to try tomorrow

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from Parkshow30:

Yes that is it but when I read reviews of that site it was full of people never getting their parts or getting the wrong ones

Good to know, sorry, don’t take a chance on them then if they’ve gone bad. I bought a dryer element from them 5-6 or so years ago give or take, so I guess I got lucky. Hope you find what you’re after - it is frustrating when you know exactly what you need to make an easy fix but can’t easily find it.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from TDK-WPG:

Good to know, sorry, don’t take a chance on them then if they’ve gone bad. I bought a dryer element from them 5-6 or so years ago give or take, so I guess I got lucky. Hope you find what you’re after - it is frustrating when you know exactly what you need to make an easy fix but can’t easily find it.

Looking back the BBB site that I read from was actually for appliancepartspros.com not applianceparts.com so I may have been mistaken.
    I will look into it further, thanks.

#11 1 year ago

i suspect any generic thermostat will be as good or better than what Hisense uses from the factory

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freezer-thermostat-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.