(Topic ID: 183261)

!!!Free!!!Stern Interactive Backbox Kit!!!!!

By Rock914

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 106 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Rock914
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170328_230157 (resized).jpg
    20170328_230159 (resized).jpg
    20170328_230154 (resized).jpg
    20170328_230150 (resized).jpg
    20170328_230119 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170309_215233 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4758 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4757 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1601 (resized).JPG
    There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 7 years ago

I have redesigned my Stern Interactive Backbox kits so I would like to offer one free kit to a fellow pinsider. I would like honest feedback of this mod posted here from the winner. To be eligible you must own a Stern pinball machine with either a Whitestar or S.A.M board set and able to install it in a reasonable timeframe. To have a chance at winning just post in this thread. I am also gauging interest so if you are interested in one or a few post here.

What has held this mod back in the past has been the installation, and price. I think both issues have been addressed with this redesign. The design idea of this mod was an idea my good friend Art (Oldpinguy) here on Pinside had one night while we were discussing and trying to create a new joint venture product.

I hope to sell this mod to those who have my undercab kits for $99.99!

If you do not have an undercab kit I can sell both combined for $179.99.

For those who do not want the undercab kit and just the Backbox I hope to sell a stand alone for $149.99

Here is a video of This kit on Tron

This is now available in my Pinside shop https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1015-rock-custom-pinball and I have units ready to ship.

I do this in my spare time so shipping times can very but you will always get your order. If you are buying more than 1 item please contact me for discounts @ [email protected]

This item is already fully tested so I do not need testers but thank you.

Thanks
    Chris
    www.rockcustompinball.com

#3 7 years ago

No, pick me! Here's a picture of Thor in the new movie:

IMG_1601 (resized).JPGIMG_1601 (resized).JPG

#4 7 years ago

Watch the video first!!! Lol.

Winner will be chosen March 17th!

I also need someone to pick a winner maybe Claytor, Pmwolf, Marcus, or Kruzman.

#5 7 years ago

Wow that's nice! Don't pick me, pick someone else. I just want to say how awesome your under cab kits work in our wrath of Olympus games. Good luck to the winner! Will have to check out your new offerings.

#6 7 years ago

Looks pretty cool but these backbox LED kits create too much glass glare for my liking....I have a back box light dimming MOD on mine. I am however interested in the under cab kit....need to spiff up the light show in that area!!

Cool MOD Rock!! I do like the ease of getting back there with the look of these...you def kept us pinheads in mind when you developed the product itself.

#7 7 years ago

Don't pick me. I just like to enter stuff.

Give it to someone who'd really enjoy it.

LTG : )

#8 7 years ago

I don't have the necessary goods to win, but I'm impressed with your work, Chris. Keep it up!

#9 7 years ago

Nice work Chris. That looks great.

Now I need to buy a game to install this into

#10 7 years ago

Nice job thinking outside the box. Good Luck!

#11 7 years ago

I need one for my waking dead pro, my back box bulb just konked... It feels needy.. Do it for the zombies..

#12 7 years ago

Looks amazing. Please don't pick me. Because then I'd have to buy three more haha. Really cool stuff, looking forward to checking it out.

#13 7 years ago

Holy moly this looks great. The best part is EASY. I bet a lot of mods wind up sitting in a bin at houses until people get around to installing because they're complex.

I have a Simpsons Pinball Party or MET or Tron LE (shortly) I would love to try this out on.

Regardless if I'm picked, it looks great. Good job.

#14 7 years ago

when these are ready I will take the undercab and backbox kit for BDK and TWDLE. I f'n hate the fluorescent bulb

#15 7 years ago

Would look great in my Ghostbusters or Metallica.

#16 7 years ago

Wld look good in my met for sure.......pick me pick me

#17 7 years ago

Pick me!

#18 7 years ago

Looks cool, would love to win this.

#19 7 years ago

Ok, I'm in. I have a few Sterns.

#20 7 years ago

May as well toss my entry in.

Okay, must ask, the video shows the install on what I believe to be a MMr. So I'm assuming that game is also capable of supporting this too.

#22 7 years ago

I was too lazy to click the video.

#23 7 years ago

I have a Game of Thrones and a Ghostbusters that I'd love to try this on. Good luck either way...but please pick me

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

May as well toss my entry in.
    Okay, must ask, the video shows the install on what I believe to be a MMr. So I'm assuming that game is also capable of supporting this too.

MMR was used as it is the only game I have at my place. I can make this work with about anything as long as I have the machine. The problem is I don't offer stuff unless I test it, usually myself.

This kit is specifically for Sterns with Whitestar or SAM boards. SPIKE is coming soon as well as Undercab kits for SPIKE systems.

#25 7 years ago

If you want this tested on a route machine pick me and I have 9 machines currently on route.

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

If you want this tested on a route machine pick me and I have 9 machines currently on route.

Thanks but this is fully tested otherwise it would not be posted. I am not like some others, my stuff works before I drop kick it out the door.

#27 7 years ago

I have 3 SAM machines, so count me in as an option.

#28 7 years ago

I'm down. Would love to get this in ACDC!

#29 7 years ago

I have a Metallica, Tron, Spiderman and a Simpsons this would work in. I also own an MMR. I'd be happy to get a decent quality video review out. I've done install videos for other mods before.

#30 7 years ago

Very cool. If I get picked I would put it in my TSPP the day I receive it.

#31 7 years ago

I have a STLE that would love to have this. I've done testing, measuring, you name it for several pinside members, happy to help!

Michael

#32 7 years ago

I'd like to put it in sopranos-- modified white star, I assume that counts? If so count me in the drawing I'd do a nice concise, fair write up

#33 7 years ago

Great job! I love how easy it is to install and the removal looks fast and simple. Other kits are a pain in the butt when you need to trouble shoot or change something out. A+ all the way around. This is just what my spidy needs
    Harley D.

#34 7 years ago

Me me me!!! I want my Wolverine to Sparkle Sparkle.

#35 7 years ago

Add me to the list please. Current Sterns are Metallica (Refinery Pro), LOTRLE, and GBLE. I'm sure it would be awesome in any of those and sure to promote your business well.

Thanks for the consideration.

#36 7 years ago

I here too add me, LOTR, TSPP, MET, SM, TWD, Tron, ACDC, ST

#37 7 years ago

I am the guy that always enters but never wins.

As long as I don't have to hear a 3 hour sales pitch and buy into a timeshare at a resort count me in as registered for a chance to win.

Great mod!!!

#38 7 years ago

Looks great. I would love to have this mod in my Metallica. Enter me please!!

#39 7 years ago

Looks Great. Any chance of shutting the kit off during game play? I think it would be a nice touch to reduce the glare

#40 7 years ago

That looks sweet in Metallica.
    Using fabric instead of a hard panel is brilliant.
    Nice work Chris.

#41 7 years ago

Putting the lights on a mesh is pure genius. 1) shipping weight is reduced 2) easy access to the boards 3) positioning interactive lights with velcro or whatever you are using. Would look great in my TF, ST, TWD or ACDC! Count me into this draw! I'm in.

#42 7 years ago

Add me to the list!! Love your lighting mods!

#43 7 years ago

Pick me I have a Striker Xtreme if this can make that translight pop imagine what it can do for other games

#44 7 years ago

I have an AC/DC Prem or Pirates that could use this....

#45 7 years ago

Looks great Rock!
    I'd love to give it a try.
    I'd add it to my Met.

#46 7 years ago

Would love to try this out on my Met pro. Thanks.

#47 7 years ago

This would look great on my walking dead or Star Trek!

#48 7 years ago

Chris is the absolute man, king of the under-cab kits! But seriously good dude with great products!

#49 7 years ago

We are going to install one on my elvis, which I think will be a better example because of the artwork on the translight is more like a bunch of diffrent pics rather than the metallica which is really one big pic, so big white and red lights behind the king where it spells elvis will be super cool. I dont know if chris mentioned but it has a controler so you can choose the colors and it also has programs like fade thru a color, or a series of colors. That with the ablity to customize the placement of the 3 satilight light strips, makes it great to make each title diffrent, very easily.
    I will say up front that I got a free kit for being a model, and although I will not recuse myself, I may be a bit bias in my opions

#50 7 years ago

I'm in. I'll give it to my dad for his metallica and let him try to install it he's into pinball but not really the most knowledgeable with them. I'll help if he gets stuck but good to see if general pop who owns a machine can do it.

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freestern-interactive-backbox-kit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.