IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 List of remade ramps Posted by Freeplay40 (8 years ago)

Post #200 F-14 ramp mold Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #210 F-14 ramp preview with various colors Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #232 Examples of the F-14 ramp installed in a game Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #241 F-14 ramp finished Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #258 Hurricane ramp form test Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #264 Original Hurricane ramp differences Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #289 Hurricane ramp finished Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #305 Finished hurricane ramp photi Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #310 Finished hurricane ramp Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zimjoe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#535 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Rocky and Bullwinkle Wabac ramp..... Many thanks to Pinsider mrbillishere. Later this week he will be sending me an unused NOS Wabac ramp. Once I receive, production will be in about 3 to 4 weeks.

Nice! I can't wait to fix mine

4 months later
#1011 7 years ago

Yes, WayBac, Yes! I'll PM so you can get details, but this is exciting.

4 months later
#1376 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I would not produce it in the solid orange, rather in clear and transparent colors.

Such a great way to clean up or add a new color to a game. The colored ramps in my Genesis look great. Getting rid of the pink makes the game look so much better.

I was thinking about dying the ramps in my Rocky and Bullwinkle blue, but I'm not sure the new ramp and the old ramps would get the same saturation levels.

1 week later
#1418 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Had another Pinsider ask for a Space Station, then he realized he already bought one from me last year....hope he finds it.

This sounds like me. I sat on my Genesis ramps forever. I like the game a lot and didn't want any down time. I was also waiting until I dyed them Green and Blue. I'm a little slow getting to projects

6 months later
#1683 6 years ago

That blue looks good. I used blue on one of my Genesis ramps and was super happy with the color.

Quoted from RazerX:

And Grand Lizard would look awesome in a translucent green.

Now if you can figure out green, that would be amazing. My green ramp looks OK, but I don't love it. It came out a bit muted.

#1690 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

The green is a tough one. I have not experimented with it yet, but it is either going to be a mix of my latest blue (mixed) or a mix of turquois and yellow. None of the stock greens look right.

I'm waiting for that formula! My green is just weak! I contemplated dying them both turquoise to match the color scheme better, but I was committed to the blue and green colors.

ramps (resized).jpgramps (resized).jpg

Quoted from Freeplay40:

Honestly it is a lot of extra effort, but the result....colored PETG....is worth it.

His stuff does look great. My ramps took a while to get right, the blue one at least. Freeplay40 gave me some good suggestions about reheating to get better saturation. When I feel brave enough to double dip my green ramp, I'll report back.

2 weeks later
#1731 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Received an email from Marco this morning saying he has WABAC decals in stock.

Sweet Goodness! Time to spend some money at Marco's. Can't just get a sticker, gotta get some other stuff to make shipping worthwhile.

2 months later
#1901 6 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Custom dyed Freeplay40 High Speed ramp.

That does look nice.

1 month later
#2093 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I have yet to experiment with green. Will be special mix.

Green is hard. When I dyed my Genesis ramp the dye had a little too much yellow (I think) and the ramp is a little muted. It doesn't look bad, it just doesn't look as saturated and bright as the blue ramp.

I keep waiting for your experiments in green to be posted here. Then I will re-dye my ramp... or buy a new one if I make a mess.

#2106 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Having mixed a few other color variations, I'm guessing the desired color will be a mix of yellow and turquois. I have some yellow and turquois already in separate batches, so I'll try to experiment soon.

That would be awesome. I have to factor in my starting point, but I'm not too worried about it. Of course, I may need to buy just a right Genesis ramp if things go horribly wrong

#2117 6 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

When I used ipoly to dye the MM subway ramp, green came out teal. Needed to use use green yellow, 1 to get green.

Which green did you use? They have a Kelly Green and a regular Green. I used a regular green and found it muddy like it was too Yellow.

I wouldn't have minded a little teal in the green. Genesis would look good with Teal ramps (way better than purplish pink). I almost went that way instead of the Green and Blue ramps.

2 years later
#4009 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I don't do anything in green.

Because green is hard. I don't love my green ramp. It looks OK, but the blue looks better. Dye them both purple for that stock look... sorta

ramps (resized).jpgramps (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zimjoe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps?tu=zimjoe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.