IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 List of remade ramps Posted by Freeplay40 (8 years ago)

Post #200 F-14 ramp mold Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #210 F-14 ramp preview with various colors Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #232 Examples of the F-14 ramp installed in a game Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #241 F-14 ramp finished Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #258 Hurricane ramp form test Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #264 Original Hurricane ramp differences Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #289 Hurricane ramp finished Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #305 Finished hurricane ramp photi Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #310 Finished hurricane ramp Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#123 8 years ago

AWESOME!!!!

Looks like we can make those ramps for that game that we talked about last year!

#130 8 years ago

Wcs ramps are supposedly coming elsewhere. I vote JD first, and then DM.

2 weeks later
#146 8 years ago

The right hand DemoMan ramp is pretty small and almost always shot. That would be a great candidate for reproduction Mark!

2 weeks later
#162 7 years ago

fathom looks AMAZING!

2 weeks later
#190 7 years ago

do you have strange science ramp on your shot list?

#193 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

There seemed to be interest a while back.
The Particle Separator ramp was already remade.
The Anti-Gravity ramp is the one, everybody needs in blue, although a new Atom Smasher would nice as well.
All completely feasible based on simpler designs.

I would be cool with it in clear also. It looks relatively simple in design and pretty small.

2 weeks later
#240 7 years ago
Quoted from Djude:

I'd be interested in a Time Machine Starwarp ...

yup another ramp that needs to be done.

I have a nice example in my nice game I could likely pull if needed.

#246 7 years ago

Strange science in clear is perfect!

#252 7 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

I'm going to mention the center ramp for Who Dunnit as well.

not a vac formed ramp

1 week later
#297 7 years ago
Quoted from Milton187:

I would also like ramps for "Time Machine "
Milton

Curious, is your name really milton?

2 weeks later
#397 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

This should work fine for the Strange Science Anti-Gravity. Put some coins under it to demo the transparency.

Looks great! Im in.

#404 7 years ago

I am more than happy to pay $200 for DETM ramps!

#446 7 years ago

I am game for whatever you make as a solution!

1 week later
#460 7 years ago

super pumped for strange science ramps!

#465 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Starting on the molds today. For the first round I will do the two pieces for the Anti-Gravity. Pinsider Drewscruis also sent me the Particle Separator ramp which I will also moldnow, but not sure I can form it on my current machine...We'll see. If I can't form this one on the current machine, it will be one of the first one's up on the new machine.

how far away form getitng the new machine running?

#475 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Re: the Strange Science Anti-Gravity ramp/scoop. Attached are photos of the right and left sides of this piece. I've circled in red the same general area on both sides that I could use some feedback on. The lines in the left side appear basically undamaged. However, the same area on the right side is certainly damaged. My guess is that the right side is a mirror of the left, but if anyone could confirm, I'd appreciate it.
If everyone's is broken I will go with my first thought above and shoot one off for a test fit.
On another note, I do not know if the original ramp was actually blue plastic or painted plastic like the one I am modeling from. The painted one is not truly transparent....mine will be.
Mark

No pics attached

#507 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

+1 for this. Just picked one up and the ramp is trashed. Do you need someone to send in a donor to make a mold?

congrats Mark!!!!

Excited to play it sometime!!!

1 week later
#522 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Strange Science... I have molded the blue Anti-Gravity ramp and the associated clear ramp as well as the Particle Separator ramp. I should have these molds finished by Sunday.

awesome and thanks!

2 weeks later
#607 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Any chance of DM ramps?

I could really use the right hand one for sure!

#629 7 years ago
Quoted from mdolshan:

Can they be ordered on their own? I think they're great!

agreed,

I would like some mini pinball tables. If reasonable priced I could see using them as prizes in tournaments.

#631 7 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

I have had a flood of emails about the mini pinballs! We do have some left from the event and I will post them tonight or most likely tomorrow.
I gotta figure out the cost of them. They were subsidized by MOHAI.

That is a great idea! An interchangeable backglass showing 1st, 2nd or 3rd would be fun too.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

put me down for 3 please!

#644 7 years ago

You are awesome!

2 weeks later
#728 7 years ago

take it easy buddy!

1 week later
#766 7 years ago

Mark, are you coming out to Expo in Chicago in Oct?

I would like to meet and chat in person if so! I am super thankful for all you are doing and would liek to say so in person.

#774 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Sorry. No intention of coming to the Expo. Too busy making ramps! However, extended to everyone...if ever in Seattle and want to see this stuff, I welcome all Pinball enthusiasts and always willing to chat on the phone!

My best buddy will hopefully be having his first kid next year so that will be an excuse to come out.

#817 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Funny...wondered if anyone would notice....Struggling with the smokes. Seeing my Doctor tomorrow and will go the Chantix route. Did it once in the past and worked well. Incentive much higher this time.

Mark, you need to kick this NOW!

I don't care what it takes, just do it.

For me, i read a book and never looked back. Allen Carr the easy way
Https://psv4.vk.me/c537517/u219081570/docs/42a12a4c8958/Allen_Carr-Easy_Way_To_Stop_Smoking.pdf?extra=tETLKPNI0S5k3zKARlLGVI0LLVFO0P1nZAPc-m8vLJDF9na7vews7ciVNZVKBNFXyhTjK5GmsKMSxxwkN3pp_QleDtBgLfHcR-URgxHyVQ

#818 7 years ago

That was supposed to be a link to a pdf of it.

2 weeks later
#873 7 years ago

HEALTH first!

We all want you healthy and feeling better!

2 weeks later
#901 7 years ago

really looking forward to the antigravity ramp!

1 month later
#974 7 years ago

I need anti-gravity AND exit.

I would prefer clear for both. I always take strength over color

Blue is fine for anti-grav if that is all you are doing (since original)

#978 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I can do the scoop in clear...but just to be clear (pun intended) both of these ramps will be made with PETG....the Anti-Gravity will just be colored blue so just as strong either way.

ok, then Blue it is. I did not realize the blue was PETG also. Strong and colored!

#983 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

You were getting me confused.
I think he just uses a dye process to color his plastics. Details further back in the thread.

yeah, Mark previously used a different material for colored ramps. I believe the dye is a newer thing. Glad to hear these are PETG for the strength.

sorry for confusion

1 week later
#998 7 years ago

Happy Holidays Mark!

#1004 7 years ago

Mark > I could use some Radical ramps.

Please consider adding them to the list

#1018 7 years ago

looks great!

2 weeks later
#1040 7 years ago

Thanks Mark! ramps look great and PP sent!

3 weeks later
#1155 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

OK...However, still too large for the current machine.

we need to get that new machine up and running before May

#1165 7 years ago

From another thread

Quoted from lrosent345:

We really don't compete with each other and can work together when necessary. For the most part he makes ramps small production that I wouldn't consider for large production for decades if ever. I do have the radical tools but no plans to produce them any time soon. Since Freeplay 40 makes his own tools, thermoforming and CNC, he can probably make them for less than it would cost him to ship mine up and back. My tools are solid Aluminum (think heavy). We're lucky to have him because the ramps he makes would probably never get done by me or anyone.

Mark, If I pay to ship the Radical molds to you and then back to Starship fantasy, would you take them on?

Maybe we should talk about a commissioned run where I pay to ship you the molds and you pull off 20 sets of ramps for me. I deal with all the reselling and risk associated with it.

#1167 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I admire your dedication to get this done

certain titles will NEVER get done if people done step up to make it happen. Sometimes rather than complain I try to take action
Hoping Mark is up for it.

#1171 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Are you talking about the original molds or making molds? I ask because I have been working on a mold for the upper left corner ramp for radical. Talked to Mark about shipping it to him.

original factory correct Radical molds which Starship has. They are available but he figured shipping was cost prohibitive. I am offering to work to cover shipping and commision a pull of X sets of ramps. Basically I would remove all the risk and hassle for Mark in order to get them made for those of us that need them. Mark would just need to use the original molds to pull and make the ramps. I wuold even deal with any sales/etc.

#1192 7 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Hilton, do you know the size of the Radical mold? Depending on its size I may be able to form the ramps here at my work, but you would need to find someone to trim and drill them. Maybe Mark would be up for doing that?

checking on that and hope to hear back from starship

2 months later
#1336 7 years ago

Clear is great!

3 weeks later
#1352 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Well, tomorrow is "Open House" at Encore Pinball. Pinsider visiting from WI to see how ramps are made.

What a treat it was to visit! We learned so much and really enjoyed hanging with you and chatting. Looking forward to continuing to support your efforts and immensly appreciative for all the hard work you put in to make these ramps for us!

Just let me know when you are ready to run Radical.

I would commison the whole run if need be...

1 week later
#1368 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

On another note, I hope to show the first completed Doctor Who Time Expander piece today!...Finally! As soon as I am happy with it I will get one off to the donor right away.

Nice!

Make sure i am down for one of these pls

#1381 6 years ago

go for it Mark!

I think you will be much happier cashing out from your currnet abode and finding the perfect place where you can make the perfect shop!

#1384 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I am doubtful I can do it for a palatable price.

I know you are always afraid of the price, but with some ramps there is not much that woudl scare people off.

I do really think you could just say " It will cost X amount and I need a commitment of Y people to make these ramps"

I think with Transporter, you would be fine. I can say that your prices are super reasonable, esp after seeing the love and dedication you put into each ramp.

I know I would seriously commision the entire run of Radical ramps if you game me a # to be required and cost for your effort.

1 week later
#1427 6 years ago

No problem Jimbo.

3 weeks later
#1466 6 years ago

My thoughts are with you!

2 weeks later
#1488 6 years ago

see you on the flipside! good luck! my thoughts are with you.

#1499 6 years ago

Awesome news!

#1503 6 years ago

Take it easy and follow doctor recs.

3 weeks later
#1526 6 years ago

take your time to heal brother! ramps can wait and based on what I do... trust me that this is a time for healing and taking care of yourself.

1 month later
#1610 6 years ago

good luck. I am sure this one will be a breeze in comparison.

3 weeks later
#1635 6 years ago

REST REST and more rest.

drink your fluids and take care of yourself.

my thoughts are with you fro a speedy and healthy recovery.

3 weeks later
#1662 6 years ago

Really glad everything is on the mend and sounding well.

2 weeks later
#1677 6 years ago

so happy to hear you are on the mend and progressing!

now get that new bigger machine working and make me some radical ramps

1 month later
#1769 6 years ago

So what is it going to take to get Radical ramps made?

I am willing to do a committed quantity and will deal with the resale of them if needed.

Let me know a number of cost you need to make it happen as I am convinced it is worth doing, you are up for the challenge, and I want to see you finish up that larger machine

11 months later
#2785 5 years ago

Hey freeplay, how about a center mousin around ramp?

B65F1866-6802-43BD-B760-4D5977A433EE (resized).jpegB65F1866-6802-43BD-B760-4D5977A433EE (resized).jpeg
#2791 5 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

I would take one of these just to have on hand for a game that will not be leaving.

They are always blown out at the connection points

1 week later
#2817 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Way to go Mark!
I’m moving as quick as I can to help those in need with Transporter plastics![quoted image]

gonna be so awesome to be able to get all new ramps and plastics!

5 months later
#3180 4 years ago

So happy to see radical is starting!

Mark me down for two!

#3220 4 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

I have most of the original Williams molds. Most are made of Aluminum or cast aluminum and are water cooled. Marc can make a mold for far less cost than mailing my monsters up and back.

do you have a list of new ramps that have been made since you purchased the business from pinball inc?

It would be great to have your own thread to publish these as they are coming and to keep the community updated.

#3224 4 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Let's not hijack Mark's topic.

I agree! Pls go start a tread with ramps you have available, have added to availability, and are planning on adding. It would be a huge service to your customer base to have this form of communication on the largest pinball forum in the planet.

#3229 4 years ago

confirming I will take 2

ryanwanger I assume you want one and also still have the google doc of people ISO radical ramps?

#3235 4 years ago

worth mention that I will take 2 of every Radical ramp

*when you get the new heater going

3 weeks later
#3298 4 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

I have Blackwater 100 tools but it just isn't a viable commercial option unless you want to pay 500-600 for a set.

I would pay that in a heart beat!

1 week later
#3308 4 years ago

I am IN as soon as you are ready. just LMk

#3334 4 years ago

sorry for your hassles with Radical, but THANKS fr making it happen!

I will take 2 of EVERY Radical ramp you make.

Hope you can do them all!!!

3 months later
#3684 4 years ago

Happy BDay!

2 months later
#3845 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

So...busted my ass today cleaning out one of my mother's rentals. So tonight I was just going to take it easy....Then I got another email from Dave (Electronics engineering whiz extraordinaire) about my new heater set up. We have had a few exchanges this week. He even sent me detailed schematics on how to set it up including digital controllers. After a couple exchanges tonight, he says, do you have a minute to talk? I called him and we talked through everything concerning my new heater and how to set it up. I like to figure things out myself, and what I had designed would have worked....but long story short I am total confident with what I need to do and what I need to incorporate into my design to make a first class digitally controlled heater. Can't thank Dave enough.
This is just what I needed to kickstart my ass...

best news I have heard all week!

and about damn time

love you and thanks for all you do! My radicals can finally come back to life once you work magic! Do those after dredd and a few others... we want you to work the bugs out on those $1400 games.

6 months later
#4106 3 years ago

Hey Mark, what is current status on all the radical ramps ?

I have a double restore that is about to start and fresh full ramps would be awesome!

#4111 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I'm taking it easy right now enjoying a little summer (it can be short here in Washington). Working on a lot of non pinball projects that I have let go too long as well as dealing with getting about 10-12 large maples removed from a piece of river property I have. Squeezing out time to play on the quad as well....and processing orders for what I've already produced. Honestly, this COVID deal has been good for business with so many spending more time at home and restoring machines.
I've changed the design somewhat on my new machine and have the materials now to do that.
I have a local friend who donated the ramps for the first Radical ramps and plan on hitting him up for the upper two, so once the machine is operational, I will secure those immediately....Comet center and Radical will most likely be first, but actually several will come quickly.
I am going to cruise as long as the weather holds....Will work on the new machine as time permits now and then hit it hard when Summer ebbs.

enjoy the time! you deserve it!

looking fwd to Radical full sets once you can make them happen!!!!

3 months later
#4246 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Possible, but not anytime soon for me as I have quite a list to get to with the bigger machine I am working on now.

Is the remaining Radical ramps still on deck as soon as the new/bigger machine is done?

#4248 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Comet center ramp will be first, then the next two things I will work on will be the Radical ramps and Demo Man.

awesome!!!!

I know a guy in need of 2 sets

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totally-radicals/page/2#post-6012254

#4253 3 years ago

this is awesome Mark!!!

#4256 3 years ago

The full radical set will sell quite well!

Well loved game that many are willing to spend to make nicer. Ramps are often cracked. Game continues to get more popular.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,900 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.