IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 List of remade ramps Posted by Freeplay40 (8 years ago)

Post #200 F-14 ramp mold Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #210 F-14 ramp preview with various colors Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #232 Examples of the F-14 ramp installed in a game Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #241 F-14 ramp finished Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #258 Hurricane ramp form test Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #264 Original Hurricane ramp differences Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #289 Hurricane ramp finished Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #305 Finished hurricane ramp photi Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #310 Finished hurricane ramp Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotworkshop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4623 2 years ago

Have any of the ramps been remade for Independence Day?

3 weeks later
#4636 2 years ago

Are Genesis ramps in stock?

#4639 2 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Are Genesis ramps in stock?

Looking for a set of the clear ramps for a Gottlieb Genesis. May consider other colors. Are these still for sale?

1 week later
#4654 2 years ago
Quoted from MysticPinball:

When he is back in the groove, count me in for a Genesis set!

Me too! Sent a PM and hope to hear back.

5 months later
#4750 1 year ago

Any chance for Independence Day 4 ramps? I think there are quite a few that could use them.

9 months later
#4880 1 year ago

Another Vote for Judge Dredd. I know of a couple that could use them.

Also a request for Independence Day (ID4) ramps. I could use a set and I've read a lot of others need replacements too.

3 weeks later
#4897 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

On another note, there has been a lot of interest in the Judge Dredd set....so, I have just ordered some sheet aluminum for the larger platen I will need for these and given the size of that big ramp, I am currently looking for a local donor for all the ramps.

This would be fantastic! I need a set and I am working on two others for someone and both of those machines need ramps. I am sure many others need them too!

3 months later
#4949 9 months ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Just checking in to see if there is any further development for the judge Dredd ramps? Hope everyone is staying cool this summer when possible!

Definitely hope JD ramps happen. I have one in pieces that I’ve been rebuilding and it needs ramps. Also know of others that need them.

2 weeks later
#4954 8 months ago
Quoted from ourdave76:

In need of Independence ramp. Is that on you list to be made?

I hope so. Need a set for Independence Day and Judge Dredd.

#4960 8 months ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Just checking again on any status updates for the Judge Dredd ramps? My restoration is down to waiting on these guys since all of the ramps in this game were cracked/damaged in some way. Sadly has been sitting unfinished now since the spring when I first heard they could be coming out this summer.
Thank you,
Jason

I am in the same spot...

1 month later
#4993 6 months ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

LOL... Yeah, been very distracted and taking advantage of the summer weather for non-pinball projects. But, alas, the rain has returned, so will be back on the ramps soon!

Awesome. Will finally be able to get my JD back together once ramps are ready.

1 month later
#4998 5 months ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

On my to do list after Judge Dredd...

Excellent! Both games I need new ramps for!

1 month later
#5004 4 months ago

How are the Judge Dredd ramp’s coming along? Will be great to see them available. I have a judge Dredd project that I’d like to finish but the ramps it had were trashed.

1 month later
#5055 3 months ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

More Dredd! This is the two-piece lunar landscape subway set. Two pieces to go. Mold for the Blackout ramp is ready, but needs to be done on the larger machine. Hoping to have the BIG ramp mold ready tomorrow. Then on to building the new larger platen for the machine.
[quoted image]

This is awesome. The ramps are a mess on my Judge Dredd. A ramp set is the last set of parts I need to get the machine back together. I can use a set as soon as they are ready.

3 weeks later
#5057 68 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Judge Dredd update... I've been pretty quiet lately, so thought I'd give this update. There are a total of 7 pieces in the Judge Dredd ramp set. What I call the nonfunctional lunar subway is actually two of those 7 pieces. With the functional subway, we have three pieces below the playfield and 4 above the playfield. I have successfully formed 6 of the 7 pieces. Of course the one left to form is the BIG ramp. So far I have had 4 failed attempts to form this ramp.
I designed my big machine to accommodate plastic of varying length but only 24" wide which nets a formable area about 22" wide. Given that most pinball playfields are about 20" rail to rail, this width is sufficient for most ramps. Judge Dredd, however being a wide body, the BIG ramp is wider than the max width that would fit in a non-wide body game. The big ramp at its widest point is over 21". Technically, that sounds doable, but given the ramp's contour which affects the height of the mold, there must also be draft angles in the mold to facilitate the mold to release after forming. All that said, this mold pushes my width ability to the absolute maximum attemptable.
Over the past week I have made various modifications to may machine in attempts to accommodate this width problem. I will make one more attempt to form this today, but I am not sure it will work and more importantly, work consistently.
Now not to fear... In making the mold for the BIG ramp, I effectively destroyed my own ramp....so I am incented to solve this. And, I am sure I can. If my attempt today fails, I will need to build an additional platen specific for this ramp which should solve the width issue. Without going into detail, I simply need to make a deeper platen. Today is Friday, and as I want to get this resolved this weekend, I have already ordered some additional steel that I will pick up today, that I would need to do this.
So stay tuned as I work through these challenges...

Sorry to hear about the damage to your original large ramp. Hope you get it resolved soon! It is exciting to hear the others worked out ok and that you are almost there. Ramps/flaps are the only piece left now that I need to get my Judge Dredd back together. Been sitting for a year. Will be great to finally be able to get that together.

1 week later
#5070 55 days ago
Quoted from Mope161616:

The only reason that I am excited is because you said The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends is next.

I hope so! I need ramps for that too.

1 week later
#5080 44 days ago

Please let me know when I can order a set of the Judge Dredd ramps. Awesome.

1 month later
#5107 13 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Dredd Ramps.
At this point I think I have notified everyone on my list. If I missed you, let me know. I have enough stock to get to everyone on my list with a few sets left over, so I will get everyone on the list covered if they are still interested. Once existing stock is depleted, I will likely start another list for another run later this year. Looking forward to a short breather and getting my own game put back together!
Thanks for everyone's patience with me on this project.
Mark

Thank you for making these! They look fantastic and hope to get them installed on my game soon. Will be great to see pictures of your game once back together.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
£ 110.00
$ 81.95
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotworkshop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps?tu=robotworkshop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.