Topic Stats

• 3,466 posts
  • 557 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Nihonmasa
  • Topic is favorited by 327 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 418 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Captureramp (resized).JPG
IMG_1064 (resized).JPG
IMG_1505 (resized).JPG
D2AD112E-C7A8-4F93-B67A-6EF23CDFC205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1503 (resized).JPG
IMG_1502 (resized).JPG
IMG_1501 (resized).JPG
After_2_med (resized).jpg
After_med (resized).jpg
Before_md (resized).jpg
IMG_1500 (resized).JPG
IMG_1499 (resized).JPG
IMG_1496 (resized).JPG
IMG_1494 (resized).JPG
IMG_0497 (resized).JPG
IMG_1491 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 List of remade ramps Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #200 F-14 ramp mold Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #210 F-14 ramp preview with various colors Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #232 Examples of the F-14 ramp installed in a game Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #241 F-14 ramp finished Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #258 Hurricane ramp form test Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #264 Original Hurricane ramp differences Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #289 Hurricane ramp finished Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #305 Finished hurricane ramp photi Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #310 Finished hurricane ramp Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #328 Dying ramps with colors Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #350 Color dye fully penitrates the ramp Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #360 Champion pub ramp formed Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #406 Champion pub ramps finished Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #537 Strange Science & DEST progress update Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #582 Designing a mold for time machine ramp is complicated Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #614 Progress update Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #642 Test forms for GnR & DEST Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #672 List of completed ramps thus far Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redundor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#523 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Machine is still a while out and already have a long list of ramps I need to do, so can't really say if or when I will get to that one.

Add me to list if you are planning on doing demolition man. My skill shot ramp is the worst of my three, but I'd replace them all if I could!

1 month later
#744 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

The plastic I use and the temperatures I form at do not really release much in the way of fumes. The more obvious causes are my High Cholesterol and smoking for 40+ years. Doctors immediately put me back on a much higher dose cholesterol med that I used to be on and I also tossed the smokes. Will be making better food choices as well. I consider myself very lucky.

My father-in-law passed away last week from his second stroke. Who knows if taking the first one more seriously would have made a difference, but why take the chance? Hope you fully recover, and as hard as the lifestyle changes might be, they are worth it!

#760 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

So...coloring ramps is a new process for me and it invariably takes a while to work out the bugs. Took me all day today to get the process right and that netted 5 "R" ramps that are now ready for final machining. Today...5 successful...10 failures. I want to get a rack of at least 12 of both ramps before I start finishing them for this first round. Will form some more R ramps tonight and tomorrow morning then finish coloring them tomorrow as well before I move on to the G ramp.
Whew! I guess if it was easy, everyone would do it! Late in the day when I took this photo and as usual, the red looks much richer in person.

Ouch, that's a tough failure rate. Too bad you can't color them before you do the forming, but I imagine that the heat and stretching would ruin any color you applied. Are the ones that didn't work ruined, or just the wrong color?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 11.95
$ 44.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redundor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside