Topic Stats

• 3,856 posts
  • 608 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by jcar302
  • Topic is favorited by 349 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 475 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC04753 (resized).JPG
DSC04752 (resized).JPG
DSC04751 (resized).JPG
20190927_154743 (resized).jpg
DSC07190 (2) (resized).JPG
DSC07188 (2) (resized).JPG
DSC07193 (2) (resized).JPG
20200114_200941 (resized).jpg
IMG_1604 (resized).JPG
IMG_1603 (resized).JPG
IMG_1594 (resized).JPG
1577148730640417083062901670635 (resized).jpg
IMG_1592 (resized).JPG
20191215_121336 (resized).jpg
20191215_121401 (resized).jpg
20191215_121333 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 List of remade ramps Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #200 F-14 ramp mold Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #210 F-14 ramp preview with various colors Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #232 Examples of the F-14 ramp installed in a game Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #241 F-14 ramp finished Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #258 Hurricane ramp form test Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #264 Original Hurricane ramp differences Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #289 Hurricane ramp finished Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #305 Finished hurricane ramp photi Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #310 Finished hurricane ramp Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #328 Dying ramps with colors Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #350 Color dye fully penitrates the ramp Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #360 Champion pub ramp formed Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #406 Champion pub ramps finished Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #537 Strange Science & DEST progress update Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #582 Designing a mold for time machine ramp is complicated Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #614 Progress update Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #642 Test forms for GnR & DEST Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #672 List of completed ramps thus far Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#647 3 years ago

Wow. That G ramp is nuts. Great job mark but please don't burn out.

8 months later
#1424 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I might be getting older...and feelin' it!...but the mind is still solid. Called the ex-wife and she confirmed I was Mark...no matter who I think I am today.

Oh, Ron....

1 week later
#1454 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Plan on starting on this one immediately.

My kids will be glad to hear this.

1 month later
#1489 2 years ago

Take care mark

1 month later
#1591 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I have been a little slowed down with recovery. A little dilemma right now as my sternum did not heal (fuse back together). My options are just live with it which I guess many do or go for the additional surgery to put metal plates in my chest. Also understand there is quite a bit of risk associated to the metal plate surgery so I've decided at least for the time being to forego any additional surgery....can always be revisited later. Doctor told me I can go back to doing whatever I want as long as I can tolerate it. Feeling better every day but sneezing is still pretty painful.
Pinbot is a definite ramp I want to do and I'm also considering Rollergames. I have a Pinbot machine on loan to me right now that the owner is ready to take back so I need to get the mold made for that one as quick as I can!

Wow, well glad to hear it's a complication you can deal with at least. Take it easy!

4 months later
#1761 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Just took a look at that lift ramp for Pinbot and noticed a used Pinbot ramp for sale, so i bought it. I think I can do this one on my current machine. If I can I will likely do this one right away. I may also offer the lift ramp, but will need to borrow one locally.
Will be doing one more, most likely last, run of GnR ramps starting this week and finally getting to the Corkscrew ramp for Comet.

That's amazing news. I'll probably buy a Pinbot and a Comet corkscrew or two. I own two Comet project machines for some reason.

#1796 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

It's next up. Also will be receiving an NOS Pinbot ramp on Friday as well. So planning on molding both of those. Molds will need to cure for a week to 10 days, but we're getting close.

How about the Comet main ramp?

1 week later
#1826 2 years ago

So much good stuff coming up... I need to start a fund for it all!

2 months later
#2066 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

A little Cork Screw Candy....

Ermagerd!!!

1 week later
#2136 1 year ago

I've got two Comets. I'm in for at least one full set of every ramp you make for it, possibly two sets.

I need to go check out my beater Comet in storage and see if it's worth saving.

1 week later
#2167 1 year ago

Hey Mark, please put me on the wait list for a cycle jump ramp and a corkscrew ramp. Very exciting time to be a Comet owner!

1 week later
#2203 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

will post photos of both the ABS and the dyed black PETG this weekend.

image.gif

#2207 1 year ago

I'd be in for the Kydex version at that price. Looking good as usual Mark!

1 week later
#2234 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

After a few trial and errors and the Kydex Cycle Jump ramp successfully formed. In the photo below is a ABS on the left and the two on the right are Kydex. Setting up jigs now for the machining. Getting close!

Sweet. I like the sheen on the Kydex too.

1 week later
#2298 1 year ago

Comet ramps arrived and they look great! Glad I went with the Kydex, really like it. Thanks again Mark!

6 months later
#2752 1 year ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Yeah it’s easy for us to say to make all these ramps and we’ll buy them. That is probably true but I’m sure there is a lot of behind the scenes getting ready to make new ramps. Building the moulds etc. And a new bigger setup I’m sure isn’t easy getting everything involved with that. Still hope it happens one day.

I always picture Mark building ramps in some kind of Willy-Wonka-esque factory with a bunch of tiny orange helpers.

#2777 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I have everything I need for the new heater....Just need to get it done. My existing forming machine can handle plastic up to 24" by 36". That would do most of the ones we want. I am also building a new forming machine, but I intend to focus on the heater first so I can get some of the bigger ramps done using my existing machine.

There will be much rejoicing when this heater is built!

7 months later
#3353 5 months ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Nice! Getting closer to Comet time!

Heater! Heater! Heater! ... HEEEEAAATTTEERRRRR! Woooo!

#3374 5 months ago
Quoted from whizz:

I'm still in for 2 Comet main ramps and please put me down for 2 Space Shuttle ramps.

Fine, but I'm first in line.

1 month later
#3513 4 months ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

One of the other two pieces for Radical is larger than my current heat source can handle...I can form larger plastic, but just not set up yet to heat larger plastic. What I'm doing right now is working to complete the two Radical ramps and the Transporter pieces. Once that is basically done, I will continue to get regular orders for stuff I've already made, but I will pause new ramp development (Considering slipping Black Rose in) while I finish the work on the new heat source. Once the new heater is operational, the first pieces I will do are the Comet center ramp and the two remaining Radical Ramps....after those probably Space Shuttle.

I’m more excited about the new heater than anything else in the universe.

#3517 4 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

This new heater will be so badass , I bet Freeplay40 will be able to press and form an entire Dr Dude machine!

I’m pretty sure mark is Dr Dude

#3525 4 months ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Mark’s Pinbot ramp and visor installed! Put some comet matrix in behind and a Pinduino strip on the ramp. So bright![quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great, congrats

4 weeks later
#3639 3 months ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Local friend stopped by today and brought me the Black Rose Whirlpool and left ramps to model from. Spent some time discussing the failures on these ramps and I see some simple modifications that will make them much stronger/more durable. Appears the originals were formed on male molds (The best way) and probably out of .118"/.125" plastic. First off I will definitely go to the .150" plastic. Secondly, while they had the forethought to put protectors on both sides of the entrances to both ramps, the position of the two rivets in each protector are too close to the entrance and due to ball impact close to the rivets, the ramps are developing cracks starting at the rivet holes. What I will do on the left ramp is to extend the protectors about an additional 2" (Up to the decal) and then I can rivet further up the ramp. For the Whirlpool ramp, I will extend the left protector all the way to the cut-out and extend the right protector about 1.5".
Since these protectors are all riveted to the ramps, I think it best if I provide new installed ones....but that will add to the cost. I will also offer a new Lexan cover for Whirlpool. As you all know by now I do not provide decals. As a side note, since I cannot sell the decals I do intend to do some experimenting and already have some ideas to recreate/reuse existing underside decals and if I come up with a simple effective method I will gladly share that knowledge with anyone interested.
The Whirlpool ramp has one unique piece that would be difficult for me to reproduce cheaply. This is a bracket at the top of the ramp where the ramp connects to a wireform. This is something that I would offer to install for you for free if that piece was sent to me.
Probably about a month away.....This is the last project I will start for the time being as my focus turns to the new heater....and...If I don't get busy on that, I fear some Pinsiders will start making death threats or at the least an IMPEACHMENT inquiry!
Cheers...[quoted image]

Mark, I recently saw in the HEP thread where he showed reclaiming a decal for reuse. Hope this is of use to you!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/92#post-5171979

2 weeks later
#3722 71 days ago

Prayers for you and your family, Mark

1 month later
#3763 36 days ago
Quoted from Malenko:

So I got the skeeball/cycle jump ramp and the corkscrew ramp for my comet and I see a bunch of people needing a center ramp......
My center ramp is in perfect shape (other that the sticker at the entrance lifting a little). I totally understood the other 2 ramps needing replaced but I dont have any context on whats breaking on everyone else's center ramp. Can one of you guys post a pic of how its normally broken? Im afraid mine might be broke and I dont even know it!

Mine is obliterated at the entrance and also deformed from heat. It’s so warped the ball wont travel thru it. I paid $100 for the whole machine but couldn’t stand to part it out since it plays and is complete other than the main ramp. One day it will be back in action!!

2 weeks later
#3786 20 days ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Really Mark? That's like asking a crackhead if they could use a fix and then when they say hell yeah you tell them to find someone who sells that stuff

Tell him you just need a taste...

1 week later
#3813 9 days ago
Quoted from CanadianPinball:

freeplay40 Our friend in France wants to know if you have the pictured ramp(Comet center ramp) and if so, how much is it including shipping to France

No Comet ramps yet. He needs to build a larger heater first that can handle big ramps like this one.

#3833 5 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

The heater... My son Aaron's (FAST Pinball) partner is a literal Whiz with electronics. Aaron has said Dave will be able to advise me on some of the electronic setup...This will certainly keep me from wasting time and doing something stupid! I'm ordering the few parts I still need to make the framework to fit into my new machine. Initially I will only use the new machine with the new heater to heat plastic as my existing forming machine can handle the bigger plastic. One I get the heater working I will most likely do the Comet Center ramp first. After that we can all talk. Some I am considering are the Dredd ramps (Have donor ramps here) and the other Radical pieces.
Mark

I hope you realize how very exciting all of this is.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside