IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 List of remade ramps Posted by Freeplay40 (8 years ago)

Post #200 F-14 ramp mold Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #210 F-14 ramp preview with various colors Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #232 Examples of the F-14 ramp installed in a game Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #241 F-14 ramp finished Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #258 Hurricane ramp form test Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #264 Original Hurricane ramp differences Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #289 Hurricane ramp finished Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #305 Finished hurricane ramp photi Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #310 Finished hurricane ramp Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#152 7 years ago

Since i haven't seen in it in the requests, how about WABAC and other for Rocky and Bullwinkle.

1 week later
#161 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

So, ramp production has been a little slow lately as I just had to get this project finished. Done today. Back on ramps!

Absolutely beautiful.

2 months later
#434 7 years ago

Make sure when you post the results you are wearing your scientific looking lab coat so its official....

1 week later
#458 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Yes....still in my thoughts

i would probably also be interested in these. I don't think mine are terrible, but it never hurts to have them.

1 month later
#578 7 years ago

I'm glad that you offer the stuff even down the road. People are always finding your service, or a machine that has been neglected and it sucks top find out that the piece you need was once reproduced, but no longer. That is my only real "complaint" about CPR , etc.. I understand all the logistics of it all, but if I find a game and start restoring it and discover that I need new plastics and they ran them x number of years ago and don't really plan on doing a rerun, it bites. It would be great if you they showed everything they have made in the past and offered a reorder list that when they hit say 10 "orders" they would rerun, plastics, playfields etc. I mean as far as the PF, the program would just have to be loaded in the machine, and it would cut it. Then if they are keeping the screens, and if not, it's not that hard to reburn a screen to do the screen print. Seems to me, plastics would be even easier. Now if from a legal standpoint, they get permission to run a product for x amount of time, that is a different story. Sorry for the novel. Just thanks for what you do...

#598 7 years ago

These are from the HEP website... There are others there that might show what they want.

38_G (resized).jpg38_G (resized).jpg

37_G (resized).jpg37_G (resized).jpg

35_G (resized).jpg35_G (resized).jpg

23_G (resized).jpg23_G (resized).jpg

#599 7 years ago

Also if you download the manual, there are a couple of pages that give some specifics about the ramp, not sure if its anything you can use or not, but doesn't hurt to look.

#613 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Thanks for the photos Insane. I think I understand how this ramp fits in now. I did get a couple responses back from the WPC and have a couple machines I can go look at. With regard to the "cut" towards the end of the ramp... Has anyone experienced breakage at the cut?

I looked at mine the best I could, and it almost looks like the ramp is "bent" upwards slightly at the cut. Could have just been the way it looked as well, but it seemed that the cut gap got smaller at the top.

#648 7 years ago

Here is a pic of my wabac. You can see the cut.

IMG-20160831-01664 (resized).jpgIMG-20160831-01664 (resized).jpg

IMG-20160831-01665 (resized).jpgIMG-20160831-01665 (resized).jpg

#656 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Is that fracturing in the bottom at the cut? Would help the case to eliminate that cut.

looks like it might be slight, that the flash amplified??

1 week later
#703 7 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

We have his High Speed ramp on ours at The Sanctum. Never a switch issue or balls flying off. Tons of plays.

love your avatar...

#710 7 years ago

Its hard to accomplish anything when you are spending your days back and forth to the littlest room in the house...Hope you start feeling better soon.

#726 7 years ago

Like was said before, these machines have been in need of ramps for some time. A little while longer isn't going to kill anyone...Do what the Doc's say..

1 month later
#912 7 years ago

Just for curiosity, where in the projected list is the WABAC ramp. I just want to make sure i plan for it correctly. NO rush on my part, like i said just asking.

1 month later
#1002 7 years ago

Also would like to confirm that I am on the WABAC list.

3 weeks later
#1067 7 years ago

Has anyone requested, or needed the other ramp for Rocky and Bullwinkle. Since it is more than 1 piece, it should be doable, even if only the first section. Or is it available somewhere already..

#1075 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Remove and reinstall your old one

can you tell or point to a thread that tells the best way to do this. I have the same question.

#1094 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Just a preview. Photo of the first dozen WABAC ramps formed today.

getting excited...mine is currently apart, and am waiting for these to reassemble..

#1108 7 years ago

when do you think you will be ready to start taking money and shipping wabac's? I think i will be sending you my brackets...

#1109 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Soak ramp in water

so just in water, any temp? then just pull off? I watched the video and saw how to use tape to reinstall.

#1119 7 years ago

I still think you could probably do the first section of the big ramp on rocky and Bullwinkle. I know on mine that is the only part that is bad.

#1122 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Yes I could probably do that one. Can you measure the longest length of the second section?

will do.

#1138 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Yes I could probably do that one. Can you measure the longest length of the second section?

Looks like if i measure diagonally it is almost 24". Maybe this will be better. the squares are 1". sorry i couldn't get a little better, i can't remove because the led strip is hardwired to the playfield.

IMG-20170131-01793 (resized).jpgIMG-20170131-01793 (resized).jpg

IMG-20170131-01791 (resized).jpgIMG-20170131-01791 (resized).jpg

#1144 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Yup....Too big for the current machine.

I don't know about others, but the only part on mine that is damaged is the first section. But I will happily wait until you get the new machine so you can possibly offer the whole thing.

1 week later
#1222 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Thanks for taking the time to photo and post. Looks like I could do the entrance ramp on the current machine, but not sure about the second part of that ramp....The molds are obviously larger than the ramp, not to mention that they must be extended by about 1/4" on the entrances and ends so nice cuts can be made. This just a guess, but think that if you drew a rectangle say 11" by 19" then see if that second ramp would fit in that rectangle, we might have a shot.... otherwise it would have to wait for the new machine.

unfortunately from what i see, it wouldn't fit in that space. if you look at the pic i posted with it on the grid its bigger that that. Even going diagonally, it looks lit it would need at least 22". Lordloss the piece you are missing from the end of the 2nd part is a decent size. Looks to be about 6" x 2".

#1228 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Yes, but its also a separate piece. So it would need its own mold.

My large ramp part is 1 piece. The 6" piece missing from yours is part of the big section on mine, not a separate piece.

4 weeks later
#1291 7 years ago

Or like was suggested, put a rubber grommet in the hole so the post can move slightly and not stress the plastic. Might have to oversize the hole slightly to do it.

2 weeks later
#1329 7 years ago

I hope you can... I specifically need the first section of the other ramp. The WABAC ramp I got from you is beautiful. Thank you again.

1 month later
#1379 6 years ago

I had the opportunity to play a space station with one of your blue ramps. Looks awesome...

#1399 6 years ago
Quoted from Vet-N-Vet:

A little off topic but does anyone make the metal wire form ramps? Need a set of the newest style for the Guns & Roses.
The original's are too steep if more than one ball gets in the shooter lane during multiball.
Rob

If you have an example, you could probably find a welder that could make one. Then get it powder coated. hopefully you have a friend that is a welder, that would help. Good luck.

#1400 6 years ago

+1 for the new machine. I would wait to finish putting R&B back together if I could get the other ramp.

1 week later
#1435 6 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

At least he didn't call you Larry

couldn't be Larry, he has 2 brothers, Darryl and other brother Darryl.

1 week later
#1460 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I definitely want to do that one, but like many I want to do I need to finish the new machine....I know I've been saying that for some time. My current machine is big enough to do the forming, but I don't have a heat source big enough to heat the plastic. What I'm considering as a stop gap is to complete the construction of the heater for the new machine which would enable me to heat the bigger pieces and then use my existing machine to form them.

If that would allow you to do some of the ones that have been discussed, that would be awesome.

2 months later
#1569 6 years ago

Still hoping for the other Rocky and Bullwinkle ramp. Glad your recovery is going well.

1 month later
#1641 6 years ago

Rest, try to get off the big pain meds as soon as you can, so the body flows through like it should. That was my biggest issue with the minor surgery I had 2 years ago.

1 month later
#1704 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

It is one I really want to do, but I need to at least build a bigger heater so I can heat a larger piece of plastic....it's just a little too big for my current means of heating. Although I am, albeit, slowly building a new machine, my current machine can handle the larger piece of plastic, so I may build the heater first. The other hurdle I had was to develop the proper blue dye for the ramp, but that was accomplished this last week.

Would love for you to do the other R&B ramp.

#1708 6 years ago

If we weren't on different sides of the country, I would love to help you as well.

2 months later
#1925 6 years ago

Still hoping for the other R&B ramp with the new heater...

#1932 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

So...I'm picking up a Pinbot this coming weekend. I already have a main ramp that I purchased off Ebay and have started to work on that mold. I also intend to make the lift ramp. Question for you guys is, how much interest is there in the visor and the helmet?

My guess would be a pretty good amount of interest.

2 months later
#2212 5 years ago

What size Kydex do you need to sample. I have a source where I can get by the sq' ft. I can get exact dimensions that you need.

6 months later
#2683 5 years ago

When you do get the new unit going, I'm putting in a vote for the other Rocky and Bullwinkle ramp.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 29.50
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps?tu=insane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.