New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 150775)

Freeplay40 Ramps

By Freeplay40

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,202 posts
  • 658 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by PinDeLaPin
  • Topic is favorited by 379 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 550 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1454[1] (resized).JPG
PXL_20201014_035222609 (resized).jpg
20201016_073304 (resized).jpg
IMG_1451 (resized).JPG
IMG_6476 (resized).jpg
DSCN7277 (resized).JPG
C63BD060-53DA-4BAB-B23E-B4AB6846980B (resized).jpeg
B9986BE6-D7BB-4111-B986-92D9FDDD5573 (resized).jpeg
7ADD8B22-B002-49E5-B053-BED57831A558 (resized).jpeg
0BEC1DEC-4804-43CF-9A9F-DB63124C606D (resized).jpeg
02E0ACCC-6BE7-4118-8100-FC32ABA4D9EF (resized).jpeg
2526D699-A6C0-4ED7-9D3F-DAA89D6DB916 (resized).jpeg
20200704_111740 (resized).jpg
20200827_010139 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 List of remade ramps Posted by Freeplay40 (4 years ago)

Post #200 F-14 ramp mold Posted by Freeplay40 (4 years ago)

Post #210 F-14 ramp preview with various colors Posted by Freeplay40 (4 years ago)

Post #232 Examples of the F-14 ramp installed in a game Posted by Freeplay40 (4 years ago)

Post #241 F-14 ramp finished Posted by Freeplay40 (4 years ago)

Post #258 Hurricane ramp form test Posted by Freeplay40 (4 years ago)

Post #264 Original Hurricane ramp differences Posted by Freeplay40 (4 years ago)

Post #289 Hurricane ramp finished Posted by Freeplay40 (4 years ago)

Post #305 Finished hurricane ramp photi Posted by Freeplay40 (4 years ago)

Post #310 Finished hurricane ramp Posted by Freeplay40 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#370 4 years ago

This is a pretty cool thread. Keep up the good work.

Do you take commissions? I have a rare game that has a couple of small ramps. Probably not a lot of demand for them other than me.

#417 4 years ago

We have quite a few machine shops around here. Is it possible to have one make an aluminum mold? What about using wood?

#427 4 years ago

Has anybody thought about contacting Stern to see if they could help with offering info on DETM ramps? That would be pretty cool if they just had a mold lying around.

1 month later
#540 4 years ago

So cool to see new ramps being made.

#542 4 years ago

I hope he makes some for machines that I own.

#544 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I went to check your collection, but it was private.

Only people who follow me can view it. It's a neat new function on pinside but I'll tell you so don't have to do it.

BSD, Hook, City Slicker are the only games I have that have ramps. Mainly I was hoping that if I buy a game in the future and it needs a ramp, you'll be making them. Although I may end up sending you my City Slicker ramps someday. It's a rare game so it would probably just be a one off for me.

#549 4 years ago

Really? There must be more owners around here than I thought. I actually have a pretty good set of ramps and an extra set that's broken in a few places.

1 week later
#616 4 years ago

Do many different places have a maker day? I remember watching a Youtube video of a guy at a maker day that worked with nixie tubes. It was pretty neat.

2 weeks later
#714 4 years ago

Hope you feel better.

3 weeks later
#840 4 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

When it's your birthday and your dad makes killer ramps, you get sweet ramps for your new custom pin. Here is a pic of the molds we made trying some new workflows. Picking up the finished ramps tonight. They will be in our booth at Expo too.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

Those look like wood molds. Is there any problem with getting the plastic to release from the wood? Do you cover the wood with something?

#842 4 years ago

You're definitely giving me incentive to try my hand at forming my own ramps. What kind of heat source do you use?

I love the whirlpool style ramp. I'm actually thinking of using something similar on my game.

#845 4 years ago

I knew ovens were used but I didn't realize you were using an oven. Like Flynnibus said, that's motivational.

1 week later
#869 4 years ago

Hope you get better soon.

I'm no expert at all but I have heard some people say Lyme disease is something that's hard to diagnose. I don't guess it's that.

Crazy suggestions from strangers.

1 month later
#946 3 years ago
Quoted from vidgameseller:

Yep, have the backglass

That's really cool.

1 week later
#982 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

ok, then Blue it is. I did not realize the blue was PETG also. Strong and colored!

You were getting me confused.

I think he just uses a dye process to color his plastics. Details further back in the thread.

1 week later
#996 3 years ago
Quoted from mwrose3204:

If they're ever made I would be good for 2 full sets of Hook ramps.

I might be willing to let my ramps be used as patterns. They're both in pretty good shape.

1 month later
#1196 3 years ago

+1 for Hook ramps

#1202 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

As I write this I can see the two ramps that were loaned to me. It has everything going against it. Low production, terrible design and ultimately a high cost should it be reproduced. To be honest, I don't think I will ever do this one as I believe my time is much better spent elsewhere.

Charge a higher price. Some of us are willing to pay anything for the possibility of new.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside