Topic Stats

• 3,806 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by CraigC
  • Topic is favorited by 347 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 471 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC07190 (2) (resized).JPG
DSC07188 (2) (resized).JPG
DSC07193 (2) (resized).JPG
20200114_200941 (resized).jpg
IMG_1604 (resized).JPG
IMG_1603 (resized).JPG
IMG_1594 (resized).JPG
1577148730640417083062901670635 (resized).jpg
IMG_1592 (resized).JPG
20191215_121336 (resized).jpg
20191215_121401 (resized).jpg
20191215_121333 (resized).jpg
IMG_1504 (resized).JPG
73452DDF-9DEB-434A-B010-008E44F5E6B3 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
received_434946987313828 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 List of remade ramps Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #200 F-14 ramp mold Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #210 F-14 ramp preview with various colors Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #232 Examples of the F-14 ramp installed in a game Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #241 F-14 ramp finished Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #258 Hurricane ramp form test Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #264 Original Hurricane ramp differences Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #289 Hurricane ramp finished Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #305 Finished hurricane ramp photi Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #310 Finished hurricane ramp Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #328 Dying ramps with colors Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #350 Color dye fully penitrates the ramp Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #360 Champion pub ramp formed Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #406 Champion pub ramps finished Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #537 Strange Science & DEST progress update Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #582 Designing a mold for time machine ramp is complicated Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #614 Progress update Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #642 Test forms for GnR & DEST Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Post #672 List of completed ramps thus far Posted by Freeplay40 (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cp1610.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#249 3 years ago

Ah talk of Time Machine ramps wondered how long this will get kicked around. It coming with metal protectors and stickers or is the plan not to need metal protectors mine is passable but new one would be nice. Have a few data east machines and have kinda put the idea of making my own ramps new out of lexan or similar product but never progressed passed the in mind stage. Only thought of lexan because i have worked with it before and seems very tough also probably can side light it out of sight and then they would look is if they glowed had this brilliant flash come to me while playing my Cyclone pinball some years ago. Wish i had the free time from my day job i could bring some of wild ideas to life or at least to paper but as it is barley have enough time to fix my own stuff more a less make custom stuff. If someone else beats me to it and i can buy it good otherwise it just one of those things i will get to someday.

1 week later
#309 3 years ago

I'm just glad to see some new ramps being made for any pinball machine this is one of the things that can save a machine from being parts. two thumbs up for Freeplay40 actually doing it same year its talked about.

2 weeks later
#401 3 years ago

$200 for the time machine ramp ok by me. Yes cheaper would be nice but you have a business to pay for equipment,parts and yourself. Would a single ramp with a add in divider be possible or two separate ramps? Yes I'm sure everybody would like a stock factory look but if that's the only way possible i can live with it. I have seen some of these ramps that have been trashed out due to game play so anything would be an improvement. Sadly like many games heavily dependent on ramps with out them the machines are not playable and end up parts boxes.

1 week later
#448 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Your the only solution Mark, if the ramps aren't made the rest of the game is useless. Obwon....I mean Mark....Your our only hope!

Because if it's left for me to do yes i'll do it but it would be a year or more from now when i have free time to custom brew. It will not be a vacuum formed ramp. lexan or similar like product and in numerous pieces. It will be my typical over built stuff or go balls out and use copper sheet and polish it to a mirror finish making it totally non stock but look good. I only home brew with materials i can use with hand tools since i have no access to a machine shop or the necessary machine shop skills to use such equipment. [now if some one would like to step up and teach me this stuff i'll be set.] As i'm writing this post just thought why not go stainless it's shiny has a grain to it to hide ball marks and its easy to bend curves. Only problem is going to have to use fairly thick stock just so it can be welded together by hand My guess there would very little interest if i go this route other then ooh look.

1 month later
#715 3 years ago

Take a break and get healthy. Can't run 120% each and everyday and not need some down time. The ramps can wait it's been 20 yrs or more already so I don't think we mind a few days or weeks.

2 months later
#955 3 years ago

If you need a Checkpoint ramp for repo i'll just pull it out of my machine. It's got a few minor cracks but it is one piece. I can even send my turtles pinball ramp at the same time if you want double the fun.

#958 3 years ago

Nice no cracks. Well thats 2 ramps for checkpoint molding mine and yours.

2 months later
#1199 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

As I write this I can see the two ramps that were loaned to me. It has everything going against it. Low production, terrible design and ultimately a high cost should it be reproduced. To be honest, I don't think I will ever do this one as I believe my time is much better spent elsewhere.

Seeing this is not the answer us fellow time machine owners like but the man has a point. Im still hoping for flash of light/brillance on a multiple peice replacment of some sort if even possable. This seemed like a more viable solution to me but i'm just one person others may not want this.

2 years later
#3045 9 months ago

I agree with mustangpaul they need a separate thread but one mention is good gets these ramps off the ever growing list freeplay40 now has. Now if we can go to there thread and get 17 pages of requests for gottlieb ramps going.

1 month later
#3116 8 months ago

Pictures like that will cause some to rethink on buying a gnr.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Marys, PA
€ 4.99
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cp1610.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside