20210619_144249.jpg
Comet Ramp Decals (resized).jpeg
New Center top (resized).JPG
B1F3D799-A39F-430E-AA63-B69C51574178 (resized).jpeg
F18E18DC-B904-4C27-9A2B-BE6923BB404B (resized).jpeg
IMG_1739 (resized).JPG
62659_I (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 List of remade ramps Posted by Freeplay40 (5 years ago)

Post #200 F-14 ramp mold Posted by Freeplay40 (5 years ago)

Post #210 F-14 ramp preview with various colors Posted by Freeplay40 (5 years ago)

Post #232 Examples of the F-14 ramp installed in a game Posted by Freeplay40 (5 years ago)

Post #241 F-14 ramp finished Posted by Freeplay40 (5 years ago)

Post #258 Hurricane ramp form test Posted by Freeplay40 (5 years ago)

Post #264 Original Hurricane ramp differences Posted by Freeplay40 (5 years ago)

Post #289 Hurricane ramp finished Posted by Freeplay40 (5 years ago)

Post #305 Finished hurricane ramp photi Posted by Freeplay40 (5 years ago)

Post #310 Finished hurricane ramp Posted by Freeplay40 (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chosen_s.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 5 years ago

Guys... Please be careful when screwing the ramps in to the playfield, I cracked my new space station blue ramp today by tightening the screw in just a tad too much - I'm certain this is the case with all pinball ramps.

With that being said, out of all the things I've bought pinball, this is the absolute best quality part I've gotten. And Mark is a dream to deal with

1 year later
#1492 4 years ago

Mark, I pray all goes well! See you on the Ramp side, hehe... God speed! And thank you for all you do for us... most of my restored games look amazing because of you bud

#1504 4 years ago

Awesome news!

#1513 4 years ago

My ramps that you shipped before , arrived just beautiful as ever!
Thank you Mark!

8 months later
#1985 3 years ago

Hey Freeplay40!

In the near future I will be in need of Transporter The Rescue ramps... the 2 ramps and the bowl cover for the X-over Ramp (I have a new snazzy x-over ramp from the latest production)

I heard you were interested in reproduction on these two ramps, so I thought I’d show my interest

2 weeks later
#2056 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Comet made me SO much money back in the day, literally buckets and buckets of cash.
And even a few years ago when James "King of Cranes" and I put it and a bunch of pins in a bar for 20 year olds, it out earned everything, including AFM

I had mine on Freeplay at my shop and employees broke it so many times... flippers, targets, drop target... but oddly enough the ramps held strong. Coolest corkscrew ramp ever. I don’t have the game anymore, I moved it along to another pinhead. The backglass was perfect, miss that cool game

4 weeks later
#2224 3 years ago

Freeplay40! You are amazing.

1 week later
#2250 3 years ago

Kydex for the win!

Maybe think in the direction of doing more ramps in kydex
???

#2283 3 years ago

I hope the surgery goes well, God speed and quick healing!

#2303 3 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Vasectomy?
I get one every year.

Dang! Do you have a super cell regenerative condition!? Dude, have them burn the ends of the tubes and be done wolverine! I know you’re just joking, unless you are the real Deadpool

1 month later
#2432 3 years ago

.... Transporter ....

2 weeks later
#2468 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I'll take a clos look at the Demo Man ramps as soon as I get the Pinbot stuff rolling...

Yup

Checking your thoughts on transporter again, still working towards getting the plastics reproduced

1 month later
#2610 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Pinbot Ramp Update....Yes, I'm still working! The Transported and Black Belt.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

2 months later
#2731 2 years ago
8448FF54-6653-4442-B18B-DDD91EFAE099 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2775 2 years ago

Making progress

Transporter... I think it’s hungry!?!

E5A7757C-21AD-4F56-80FD-98721471430A (resized).jpegFF3ED2E4-E753-4F82-8B55-C70F5542E3A3 (resized).jpeg
#2783 2 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

Hey that is AWESOME! & cheers to hoping you will make those available ?

My plan is to hopefully have the final art in the hands of someone that can produce them about the time freeplay40 has transporter ramps available, wink, wink...

#2784 2 years ago

This hardware holds up the ramp... anyone know where I can find this post bracket for sale circled in red?... it has a threaded middle hole for the metal post

DF43BC6B-6B60-4799-9FB9-1FE1B3F6F4B5 (resized).jpeg
#2786 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Hey freeplay, how about a center mousin around ramp?[quoted image]

Will you please stop distracting him, and let him finish Transporter ramps! Lol

By the way.. Merry Christmas you ole pinheads!

1 week later
#2814 2 years ago

Way to go Mark!

I’m moving as quick as I can to help those in need with Transporter plastics!

1BDF2BB0-46C1-4855-BD4C-1F10949682F4 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#2904 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I intend to do Grand Lizard eventually...again ...bigger heater. Already have the original ramp here.

Sounds like you might need to hire a hand when this new heater becomes a reality

4 weeks later
#2939 2 years ago

How’s transporter ramps coming along?

0D8758EF-28C7-4623-8660-CFE2A42854EB (resized).jpeg
#2958 2 years ago

Transporter!????

#2961 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I have said more than once that Black Belt and the Transporter ramps will be the next I produce. Relax.

Apologies, there’s so much chatter about everything else, I get lost in the twilight zone

#2964 2 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Had my sons end of basketball season party at my house last weekend and my Black Rose ramp cracked even more.
I'm in dier need of that left ramp.

For the time being, you could repair it with plastic bonder, or weld it together with a soldering iron from underneath

#2978 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

You have Crazy Talent there Mark.
Those ramps are so pretty!

Yes, I agree

1 month later
#3044 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Why are you posting this on Marks topic? Why are you messing with his topic? Please take this down and start your own topic.

That goes double for you. Start your own topic.

Agreed, ridiculous

#3083 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Ahhh...I've been somewhat distracted from ramps for the last couple months and just filling orders for the ramps I already make. As far as near term plans.... Focus is now on the Transporter ramps and the Black Belt ramps. As soon as I have those molded they will need to cure for up to two weeks. During that time I will be doing one more run of Guns n' Roses (Sort of promised a guy from down under that I would do a run in the Spring). I think I have about a dozen folks listed for those.
And of course the new heater. I have almost all of the parts I need for the heater...yes I have had those parts for a long time I had a stainless steel heater panel made by a local company that is already slotted to accept the ceramic heater panels I have. I need to design and build the structure on my new machine that will carry and allow movement of the panel over the plastic. As soon as I have the panel installed and wired, I will likely do the Comet center ramp by heating on the new machine and forming it on my existing machine. Hoping to get started on the bigger stuff before I actually finish my new machine.

Hoora for transporter! And bigger heater!

1 week later
#3088 2 years ago

Any pictures on a Transporter ramps molds or anything. Dying to see some I candy !

1 month later
#3191 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

dung's Bondo ramp successfully and very nicely converted to ceramic. [quoted image]

Stunning guys, great work!

1 week later
#3252 2 years ago

Transporter !

I just brought my restoration project home, playfield restoration time now, cabinet and boards finished

Super pumped that I should be done about the time ramps might be finished!!!

Awesome freeplay40!

image (resized).jpg
#3263 2 years ago

Is anyone making decals for the Radical! Ramp?

#3266 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Not to my knowledge. I pulled mine off and cleaned the adhesive off. Planned on reusing them when the ramps come.

Do you mind scanning them since you have them off? I’m sure someone will need the files soon . This would help tremendously!

4 weeks later
#3337 2 years ago

I know a few guys need that right rear Radical ramp, no one seems to ask about that one

1 week later
#3347 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Just a teaser....[quoted image]

That looks Amazing!

#3364 2 years ago

Freeplay40, I’m rooting for you! Transporter here we come!

1 week later
#3403 2 years ago

On transporter, I don’t think there would be much consequence to leaving these big flat parts off of the ramp, unless someone thinks there’s structural integrity involved. My thought; if the plastic is thicker overall for the new ramp, and structural integrity is not lost , don’t include the flat parts if the current heater can handle it.

557BF6D1-A787-4005-BB3F-9B2585EDACE3 (resized).jpeg
#3406 2 years ago

Beautiful, absolutely stunning, great work!!

1 week later
#3431 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

So, the post above shows how my day started. I will cast a new mold for the fractured Radical ramp today. I have already successfully formed two of the Transporter pieces and although the third mold has been ready for probably a couple weeks, I have been hesitant to attempt to mold it fearing I just would not be able to do it as its height and width are just the most I have ever attempted on the current machine. This ramp was originally formed on a female mold. I could have gone that route and it would have been easier to form. When vacuum forming into a female mold the plastic thins as it is pulled down into the mold. This is most critical at the entrances of ramps due to the plastic being the thinnest at the two bottom edges of the entrance and generally where we see the most failure due to the ball having the most energy when it smashes into the entrance. That coupled with the fact that plastic degrades and becomes more brittle over time...it cracks. Whenever possible, I prefer to form on a male mold as it puts more plastic on the bottom of the ramps and especially at the bottom edges at the entrance....just plain better.
So as my day started poorly, it took a turn for the good. Threw the third mold on the machine and successfully formed this piece... [quoted image]

Yes yes yes!!!! (For transporter)

Man, what a drag about the radical form, so bummed for you. Thanks for working so hard!

1 week later
#3449 2 years ago

How’s the main transporter ramp, is it playing nice with your tools?

#3451 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

You mean...this one? These are ready for final finishing.[quoted image]

That is freaking beautiful!

D2AD112E-C7A8-4F93-B67A-6EF23CDFC205 (resized).jpeg
#3453 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Looks like you are almost ready for them. I have already formed the Cross-Over covers as well. Just need to do the right ramp.

transporter spilled its guts on my floor, sometimes for healing to happen, things get worse before they get better

#3465 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

...perfect fit.

That’s totally rad!

1 week later
#3483 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

First finished piece for Transporter. In the foreground is a new one and the original.[quoted image]

How awesome!

#3487 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

First finished piece for Transporter. In the foreground is a new one and the original.[quoted image]

Since I do not have any pieces to this plastic bowl, can anyone help me get part numbers or actual parts to the bowl...

The flasher inserts (they’re blue I think)
The lamp socket
Switch

6F05981D-D81F-480B-9B44-B0EE66D78CFD (resized).jpegB42EFE10-2322-43C8-BA6C-AE45451825AB (resized).png
#3492 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Wow...Those might be tough to find...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Something to consider is an alternative to original setup for those flashers. If you could come up with an alternative to how the flasher is hung, you could then simply attach to domes to the piece... We could custom finish one of the covers to accommodate an alternative.

Quoted from Freeplay40:

A standard dome would easily fit on the piece, mounted above or below. Just machine a slightly smaller hole in the piece and eliminate the two snap in ends to the stock hole. Just need to figure out how to attach the lamp socket.[quoted image]

Good ideas! Let’s see if any parts come out of the wood work, I am a master of modifying things cleanly but would like to hopefully find the pieces

#3495 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

If it comes down to a modified cover I can do that....Also, if you are interested, I have the ramp parts for the upper ramp.

Yes sir, what ever hardware you have to offer; I will take. I’m running on bare bones and have only a little reference . Thank you!

#3516 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

new heater! hope we didn't forget DR.DUDE ramp.

This new heater will be so badass , I bet Freeplay40 will be able to press and form an entire Dr Dude machine!

#3533 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Since I do not have any pieces to this plastic bowl, can anyone help me get part numbers or actual parts to the bowl...
The flasher inserts (they’re blue I think)
The lamp socket
Switch[quoted image][quoted image]

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8172-13

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/24-8812

I found these, plus the twist lock blue dome ...

Does the socket fit in the base possibly??? Anyone know ?

2 weeks later
#3570 2 years ago

Got the Transporter The Rescue Ramps installed!!! So nice and very well manufactured! I’m very impressed with the work Freeplay40!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! A million times thank you!!!

0B858B50-4F0A-49D6-9A48-C0153FA05D1B (resized).jpeg3314FFDD-C69B-42FA-8758-D70E8DC09131 (resized).jpeg9297ABE5-AEF7-4251-A7A7-F5C475BB0584 (resized).jpeg
#3575 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Well, back in more recent pages, I have discussed that in addition to reproducing ramps that I can expect enough orders to make the it worth the time it takes to bring and produce a particular ramp....yes, economically, that I occasionally like to do what I consider "favors to the community". These are projects that I do not expect many sales on but if I did not do them, no one else ever would. I'm just wrapping up a couple of these now.....specifically the ramp for Blackbelt and the 3 pieces for Transporter the Rescue. Planetary was able to get the Transporter Cross-Over ramp done. This is an injection molded piece. Since they did that I decided that I would make the other three vacuum formed pieces to complete some the most needed pieces for that game.
I also like making clear or colored ramps for games that had black plastic ramps....love the System 11's. Clear and colored ramps with the LED lighting that is available can make dramatic changes in a game.
I enjoy doing this and it is always challenging and I like making small changes in the ramps to improve strength. I really only show my stuff here on Pinside and have gotten tremendous support from the folks here...honestly it is what keeps me going.
As far as doing one-offs....Don't do that. I'm retired and I work on this stuff more than full time. It takes about a month to bring just one piece to production. Generally I just do one game at a time. Just recently, and all at pretty much the same time, I produced Black belt (Actually 2 pieces), Transporter (3 pieces) and initially one but evolved to 2 pieces for Radical. Concurrent with those I still produce pretty much everything I have ever made basically on demand.....I keep very little inventory.
One note on Black Belt. A couple years ago I was approached and offered $1500 for 2 Black Belt ramps. I just couldn't bring myself to, one, stop what I was doing to cater to one individual, but mostly because I would never expect anyone to have to pay that much. Told him to wait and see if I or anyone else ever decided to do that one....fortunately for him I also have a friend that wanted one, so I decided to do it. He never found a replacement, but did see I was making them and of course ordered....He sent me $500 for one....Couldn't accept that so I refunded the difference...well all accept for $19 which I did keep as a "tip"!
For those that have followed me for what is now years!, I have been saying forever that I have to build a bigger heater so I can do larger pieces. I am actually catching my breath here and have been casually working my way through the Transporter and Radical lists. Once I get through those, my main focus will be on finishing the heater. First up on the new heater will be the Comet center ramp (since I already made the Cork Screw and Cycle jump) and I think I will do the rest of the ramps for Radical. I had indicated I would do Space Shuttle, but I think Larry at Starship is gearing up for those (Yes we do talk, but mostly to avoid duplication). Really no sense in both of us making the same ramp since so many others are needed. If he doesn't make the Space Shuttle ramp, I will.
Cheers!

This sir, is what makes you a good man to deal with here.

I have bought several (space station, high speed, swords of fury, genesis, transporter ) ramps from you and every single one was like buying years of fun, the excitement getting each box in the mail was off the charts.

Thanks again for your continued efforts!

1 month later
#3729 1 year ago

Geez Mark, I’m sorry about your mom. Praying for peace and comfort for you and your family

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chosen_s.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside