IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 List of remade ramps Posted by Freeplay40 (8 years ago)

Post #200 F-14 ramp mold Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #210 F-14 ramp preview with various colors Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #232 Examples of the F-14 ramp installed in a game Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #241 F-14 ramp finished Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #258 Hurricane ramp form test Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #264 Original Hurricane ramp differences Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #289 Hurricane ramp finished Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #305 Finished hurricane ramp photi Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #310 Finished hurricane ramp Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

Transporter the Rescue crossover ramp and/or whirlpool bowl. The ones that are nearly always yellowed and melted from the inset flasher. It's a different material than traditional ramps but any attempt at a repro would be welcome!

Put me down for a couple sets of these!!

3 months later
#191 7 years ago

Party Zone, Demo Man, and wcs would be awesome to have.

#209 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

There seemed to be interest a while back.
The Particle Separator ramp was already remade.
The Anti-Gravity ramp is the one, everybody needs in blue, although a new Atom Smasher would nice as well.
All completely feasible based on simpler designs.

I seem to think I have an Atom Smasher ramp. Does anyone have a quick photo of it.

3 weeks later
#299 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

First test of the Hurricane center ramp formed this morning. Went very well!

Very nice!!

#300 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I'll look into that one. I'll see if I can locate a donor locally.

Getting several requests for this one so will look into it as well.

Put me down for a couple as well. Star war ramp that is.

1 month later
#506 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

+1 for this. Just picked one up and the ramp is trashed. Do you need someone to send in a donor to make a mold?

I'm in!!

5 months later
#1019 7 years ago
Quoted from Tribonian:

+1 for Pinbot whenever you build the bigger machine.

++1 Count me in for some as well.

#1020 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Yes...WABAC is next up and added you to the list.

Put me on the list as well for the wabac ramp.
Thanks!

2 of them please.

#1021 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Mark > I could use some Radical ramps.
Please consider adding them to the list

Mine are tired looking as well . Count me in!

#1023 7 years ago

I know they have been mentioned but Party Zone ramps as well.

2 weeks later
#1048 7 years ago

pm sent for order.

1 month later
#1253 7 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

that would be - awesome
sign me in for at last 3 !

I have a nos 360" ramp to loan as well if need be.

4 weeks later
#1308 7 years ago

Put me down for Dr. Who expander! 2

1 month later
#1344 6 years ago

Rufio ramp still available?

3 weeks later
#1371 6 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

Comet cork screw ramp? Nice and small and most are trashed....
-c

Put me down for 2.

#1372 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Nice!
Make sure i am down for one of these pls

I am in as well. Can't wait.

5 months later
#1670 6 years ago

I am aiming for the clear ramp but figured the colored ramps would be more. Why would clear be 30 dollars more? Planetary Pinball list at $149.00 eacj

1 month later
#1748 6 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Sorry to pester, but is there any chance of Party Zone ramps happening?

+1. Also Radical and Demolition Man.

#1758 6 years ago

Yes.!!! I know of 3 or more comets that need this. Thank you!!

#1771 6 years ago

+1 for Radical, and Party Zone , Demolition Man

1 week later
#1802 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Couldn't resist posting a photo of the first special order colored High Speed...

Looks good!

1 week later
#1841 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I could really retire at that price!
BTW....Pinbot main ramp is in the house and is doable on my current machine.... So it and the Comet Corkscrew are up next.

Awesome!!!

1 week later
#1872 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Batch of GnR G ramps formed today...Next stop the dye bath...

Nice!

#1877 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Special request High Speed!

Well done sir.

1 week later
#1902 6 years ago

Put some redtranslucent bumper caps on to compliment the ramp.

#1904 6 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

They would look great! I might do it too, but These are new reproduction caps that I have on it. I bought them before I new I needed a new ramp even. I think I have translucent red ones on hand. Might try it for fun.

The ramp brings out the red inserts.!!

#1913 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

The clock is actually ticking on this one now...Mold was successfully cast today! Probably about a week to cure then a day or two to fine tune, then form 'em!

Great news!

1 month later
#2028 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Roughly finished a clear and a dyed orange Comet Cork Screw today alongside an original. See photo and let me know what you think of the orange.

Orange all the way!!

#2031 6 years ago

Also cost on the Comet ramps. Thanks !!

1 week later
#2092 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Good question....
BertoDRINK1 mentioned yellow. I have a nice deep red. The new orange is pretty rich as well but that might be too much orange. I think blue is out of the question. Maybe smoked? I suppose I could do black if that's what some want. I'm ordering plastic tomorrow and I will find out what thicknesses they have...pretty sure it will be textured on one side which could probably work or down.
If I was going to do just one for myself, I'd probably go multi-color.
Appreciate any of your thoughts on color.

Prefer black as it is original, but the corkscrew looks great dyed in red. Can you dye a ramp black??

4 weeks later
#2231 5 years ago

Thank you for all your hard work.

3 weeks later
#2342 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Just got an answer from Larry from Starship fantasy. He says he has no plans on making them. I mentioned there were several people looking for them and I would buy two sets.

Not too much ramp activity at StarShip???

5 months later
#2670 5 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

i still have a bunch of the original B/W ramp molds sitting here in my shop. we need to do something with them.
judge dread full set, road show full set, jack bot ramps and visor and more

Yes yes yes

6 months later
#3157 4 years ago

Judge Dredd would be great as well.

4 weeks later
#3231 4 years ago

Count me in for 1.

#3243 4 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

freeplay40
how to store the ramps (longtime)?
as i´m putting the ramps on the shelf for backup, any advise?
for now there are in the cardboard boxes they where shipped in (removed the bubblewrap) in a dry, a ca 20°C environment (about 68°F )

Maybe a thin wipe of wax or oil on the ramp flaps to hinder rust.

#3246 4 years ago

The ramp flap is what I was referring to.

3 weeks later
3 weeks later
#3369 4 years ago

I do like that red on Comet.

1 week later
#3400 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Eye Candy... This the first completed ramp, but I discovered something I need to address in the mold. Making another today. Will be heading south toward Tacoma on Saturday to deliver the first Black Belt and the upper Radical ramp to a friend. He's been after me for years to do the Black belt and also loaned me his Radical ramps. There was a guy a couple years ago that offered me an obscene amount of money for a Black Belt ramp. Told him it just didn't work that way and he should just wait for either me or someone else to reproduce it....hope he sees this if he still wants one.
On a general note, I am presently working on 8 new vacuum formed pieces for Black Belt, Transporter and Radical as well as a few associated pieces. This is the most I have ever done at one time. My house is, uh, a bit cluttered (actually very cluttered) and have someone coming on Saturday to pick up a WABAC ramp and view the ramp making process. Black Belt and the upper left Radical ramp will be the first ones available. If you are only interested in the upper left ramp for Radical, I will begin shipping those soon. Most seemed interested in both ramps for Radical and I expect to have the Vertical ramp mold ready in week to 10 days (curing). Amongst that stuff I will also be working on the Transporter pieces. Have not yet attempted the one large ramp yet....keeping my fingers crossed that I can form it on the current machine.
[quoted image]

Nice Work!!

1 week later
#3423 4 years ago

Well done. Looks great.

1 month later
#3501 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Working on both the Transporter and Radical right now. Some of the first finished Radical ramps....[quoted image]

Awesome can't wait.

1 month later
#3664 4 years ago

Thank You Mark, I received my ramps for the Transporter.

Next Up??

#3697 4 years ago
Quoted from Demoman1:

I will take 2 sets of Demolition Man Ramps, excited, got one nice pin with no ramps, desperate also

If DM is a reality, I'm in for 3 sets.

2 months later
#3858 4 years ago

I would be happy to let you use my nos BatMan ramp! There must be a lot of damaged and cracked ones out there.

20200130_103753 (resized).jpg20200130_103753 (resized).jpg20200130_103802 (resized).jpg20200130_103802 (resized).jpg20200130_103821 (resized).jpg20200130_103821 (resized).jpg
#3863 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Well, unfortunately, at lest for now, that ramp falls into the same situation as the TMNT ramp. The thin section between the lanes requires a super strong mold and the material I use right now won't stand up to the rigors of forming and releasing from the mold. I will be testing a new mold material in the near future and we can revisit it then.

Sounds goid.

8 months later
#4170 3 years ago

The term Water Line was mentioned earlIer. What is that?

#4186 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

On high production tools, they will drill passageways into the molds to run a cold water line through and help dissipate heat in the mold. This will allow you to get more parts per hour off the mold by allowing the parts to cool faster. Not much of a concern for us guys making 6-12 parts at a time...but if you are running a 1000 part order, time is money!

Thanks !

3 months later
#4329 3 years ago

I'd be up for a couple complete sets of Demolition Man ramps. I think there is 3 plastic ramps?

2 weeks later
#4394 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Picked up the remaining pieces for Radical today!
[quoted image]

Awesome!

11 months later
#4726 2 years ago

Pease put me on the list for Demolition Man ramps! Thank you!

1 year later
#4901 1 year ago

2 sets of Judge Dredd ramps as well.

4 months later
#4983 8 months ago

I mentioned way back I'd be in for 2 sets.
Thanks

3 months later
#5008 4 months ago

Happy Birthday and ugh them taxes.

Can't wait to see the Judge Dredd ramps.

1 month later
3 weeks later
#5063 73 days ago

Thanks for the update and hope it goes well this weekend for you.

1 month later
#5085 38 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

The Dredd's are here!
I will begin notifying those on my list later today. If you know you are on my list and no longer interested, please let me know. I still have a lot of ramps to make, but I have a good deal already to ship. What people order will help me adjust production to fit the needs.
Regardless of where you are on my list, if you want to let me know what you want, I would appreciate that a lot, again so I can adjust production.
The first thing I noticed when removing the ramps from my own game is that they were very fragile. I immediately made the decision to make all of the Dredd pieces out of my thicker (.150") plastic for greater strength and durability. I think the most fragile was the big ramp. When I removed it I had to be careful to support it as I thought it would just break in my hands! In addition to making them out of thicker plastic, I also corrected some items and where I could, I left more plastic for strength, particularly at mounting points. Although I ended up destroying my own ramps in the molding process, they were in very good shape for making the molds. The only actual breakage I had was at the big ramp right side exit. The mounting tab had broken off and this is one point where I left more plastic for strength. All in all I am very pleased with the results of all of the pieces.
One other thing I noted that I would like everyone to check when assembling the pieces. On the Big ramp at the center Exit (to Dead World) the two brackets at the exit I found to be a little tight with respect to how they fit, specifically the top edges where they meet the underside of the top edge of the ramp. I checked the fit against the original ramp and it is was also tight. Once the pieces are riveted to the ramp, I feel they will put additional stress on the top edge of the ramp. So, I will be shaving my own bracket tops down about 1/16".
The ramps are being offered without decals and without any metal beyond the entrance flaps. There are I think 16 pieces in total that the whole set that need to be riveted to the new ramp. If I were to provide these 16 pieces, I suspect the cost overall would increase $150-$175, so I promote reusing your existing metal.
All pieces are pre-drilled for the metal that must be transferred. Odin noted that on the prototype Big ramp, one of the optic sensors was mounted down near the entrance to the ramp vs at the upper left corner. I am reproducing the ramp as if that sensor is in the upper left corner. If you have a Prototype Big ramp that has this optic sensor down near the entrance and want to preserve it, let me know and I will send you a Big ramp without the pre-drilling at the upper left corner. You would need to position your sensor on the ramp then mark and drill the mounting holes for the bracket and the two 1/4" holes in the side of the ramp.
I am also not providing decals and I was easily able to remove my own. They cleaned up beautifully and I will reuse them. As soon as I take a break from ramp making, I will assemble my own set of ramps and post pics. If you want a new set of NOS Dredd Decals, there are some available to purchase at Pinball Inc. Note that as I write this they only have 12 left in stock.
https://www.pinballinc.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=120&product_id=292
Prices:
Big ramp $235
Stakeout ramp $125
Air Raid ramp $65
Black Out Ramp $130
Functional Subway $65
2 Piece Dead World Subway $115 (This is a non functional subway.
There is a full set discount of $35
For those interested, JodyG here on Pinside (aka rampomatic.com) has hand held rivet kits for sale.
Also check out his tutorials for both riveting and reusing decals!
Sun came out today so took outside photos.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great to see these complete.

#5093 33 days ago

USPS knew it was a hot item , fast shipping. The Judge Dredd ramps Arrived today. Thanks again Mark!!

20240320_162130 (resized).jpg20240320_162130 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Carrollton, TX
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps?tu=chad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.