IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 List of remade ramps Posted by Freeplay40 (8 years ago)

Post #200 F-14 ramp mold Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #210 F-14 ramp preview with various colors Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #232 Examples of the F-14 ramp installed in a game Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #241 F-14 ramp finished Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #258 Hurricane ramp form test Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #264 Original Hurricane ramp differences Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #289 Hurricane ramp finished Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #305 Finished hurricane ramp photi Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #310 Finished hurricane ramp Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccbiggsoo7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1887 6 years ago

put me on the list if its the final day, ill take one of each of the gnr ramps

1 week later
#1912 6 years ago

got the gnr ramps yesterday, they rock mark! thanks again.

#1918 6 years ago

yeah, just shopped a comet, all ramps are sold out everywhere in the usa

#1919 6 years ago

starship fantasy is about out of everything. kinda ridiculous actually!

1 month later
#1999 6 years ago

god ,you're a busy man!!!!

#2021 6 years ago

wow, comet ramp in orange rocks!

#2029 6 years ago

flinstones ramps someday please.

4 weeks later
#2199 5 years ago

have you done bally the game show ramps before mark/ too lazy to look thru the posts!

4 weeks later
#2352 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

If memory serves, he's been saying that for the last 5 years or so.. So, we'll see.

met him down at tpf, didn't seem to energetic!

1 week later
#2377 5 years ago

so awesome to see these old beat up games come back to life so others can enjoy them as they once were decades ago.

3 months later
#2606 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I have started a second "seconds" list!

uggghhh, sloppy seconds...…...my life story!

2 months later
#2725 5 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

I have the earthshaker subway. It's just is not on the website yet. Order via email to [email protected]. $84 + $10 shipping.

you guys gonna ever get in whitewater boulders or space shuttle ramps? been out of stock for ages.

4 weeks later
#2796 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

dzorbas I think Starship Fantasy makes Space Shuttle ramps. Mark works with Starship Fantasy to make sure that they aren’t both working on the same ramps. The site says out of stock. Email them and ask when they’ll be back in stock.
https://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps/Space-Shuttle-Ramp

starship has been out for over a year. not real motivated to make any new ones it seems.

1 week later
#2882 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

If there was enough interest I could do those....but not the artwork. Probably do them in clear then lobby PPS to reproduce the decals.

its just a clear flat piece riveted to a metal ramp, correct?

#2890 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

That's a quote from a very old post...What ramp were you referring to?

that was from the fire ramps

1 week later
#2919 5 years ago
Quoted from swilson143:

Received my Whirlwind lift ramp. Thanks for making them available!

is the whirlwind lift ramp the same as fire lift ramp

3 months later
#3132 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_McGrew:

Do you sell just the center ramp cover for the Hurricane?

have you made this one mark?

#3133 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

As much as I love Mark's colored ramps, I think the Hurricanes are best in clear. Only because you kinda what to see through them. A red Hurricane might look pretty cool though. Hmmmmm.

any color would almost work on hurricane. orange red green etc. such a colorful game. we can only hope this happens.

#3148 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Custom request...one of a kind!
[quoted image]

that's going to be the prettiest hurricane west of the Mississippi!!! thanks again mark!

3 weeks later
#3166 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Red works! Told you Mark is the Man!
PLEASE post pic once installed.

Havent got to installing ramp/ shopping game yet gonna be next project, but ive had several requests for pics, so...... you get the idea of how it will look
10872949-6543-4DB8-BD2C-C62C1073370B (resized).jpeg10872949-6543-4DB8-BD2C-C62C1073370B (resized).jpeg

1B7DB788-5B37-41B0-B01A-363355085189 (resized).jpeg1B7DB788-5B37-41B0-B01A-363355085189 (resized).jpeg856E6A61-B63D-4E4A-8508-76E5644A532C (resized).jpeg856E6A61-B63D-4E4A-8508-76E5644A532C (resized).jpeg
#3167 4 years ago
3002C8D7-0AB3-4D99-ABE9-15E57EC2D03C (resized).jpeg3002C8D7-0AB3-4D99-ABE9-15E57EC2D03C (resized).jpeg
3 months later
#3471 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Still eager for a Comet center ramp. Hopefully not too far off.

yup and hurricane lower ramp too. hopefully mark will follow up on games he's already made ramps for when he gets the new oven.

#3472 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

So, the post above shows how my day started. I will cast a new mold for the fractured Radical ramp today. I have already successfully formed two of the Transporter pieces and although the third mold has been ready for probably a couple weeks, I have been hesitant to attempt to mold it fearing I just would not be able to do it as its height and width are just the most I have ever attempted on the current machine. This ramp was originally formed on a female mold. I could have gone that route and it would have been easier to form. When vacuum forming into a female mold the plastic thins as it is pulled down into the mold. This is most critical at the entrances of ramps due to the plastic being the thinnest at the two bottom edges of the entrance and generally where we see the most failure due to the ball having the most energy when it smashes into the entrance. That coupled with the fact that plastic degrades and becomes more brittle over time...it cracks. Whenever possible, I prefer to form on a male mold as it puts more plastic on the bottom of the ramps and especially at the bottom edges at the entrance....just plain better.
So as my day started poorly, it took a turn for the good. Threw the third mold on the machine and successfully formed this piece... [quoted image]

just curious what do you use to cut these out, mark?

2 weeks later
#3540 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah if that Congo Volcano ramp can be made you would be able to sell a lot of those things.

i just picked up a brand new one this week, they are out there, just gotta know where to go!!!

3 months later
#3791 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

So was Starship Fantasy doing Space Shuttle Ramps. I did not hear another word about them.

yeah chris, he just got the huo ramp for the mold.

3 weeks later
#3879 4 years ago
Quoted from dzorbas:

I think it was decided that Starship Fantasy would do the Space Shuttle ramps. You may want to follow this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-ramps-by-starship-fantasy

good luck! larry is having a time with that one.

4 months later
#4053 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Everyone need ramps. There are so many needed and frankly so few doing it...The reason so few do it is that it very labor intensive. There is a skill set required to do it. Just exactly what those skills are is hard to explain.....and investment. The investment is both money and a lot of time....a lot of time. I've been doing this for going on 6 years I guess now....and I still cannot make them fast enough.
I've seen many attempt this, only to disappear...until now.
Please welcome JodyG to the ramp making effort. JodyG has already produced several needed pieces. JodyG and I have had some wonderful discussions about making ramps, and he is the real deal and will grow to be an asset in the ramp making effort. I will support him any way I can.
JodyG also feels the same way as both myself and Larry at Starship do with respect to duplication of efforts. No sense at this time with so many ramps needed to duplicate efforts, so we will all work toward producing the unobtaniums.
Please join me in welcoming, JodyG to the wonderful world of ramps.

jody's ramps are top notch.

3 months later
#4128 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I have also a question for lrosent345, JodyG, and Freeplay40.
Is there any chance for the Air Raid ramp for Judge Dredd?
It's a small ramp (probably the smallest I have seen), and almost always broken at the entrance.
Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image]

none of the ramps are available for jd, never could figure out why. Very popular game you just can't get any parts for.

#4129 3 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

I would be in for all the Judge Dredd Ramps from whoever makes them I Love our JD

yup jd here too. i currently have 2 machines, so loaner ramps would be no problem.

#4141 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Ugh... Been waiting for Judge Dredd ramps for years. I was lucky enough to score ($$$) a NOS large ramp a couple years ago before they all sold out from Australia, but the other 4 ramps are unicorns. I really wish someone would make them.

damn shame someone is sitting on all this stuff, but some of these ramps will never ever see the light of day.

8 months later
#4591 2 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Hi Mark its hard too find NOS from a Maverick big ramp ,just got one from 1994 no one makes them but this one been around the world and seems like it's been rubbing on the back side so there's rub and scratch marks over it ,thought maybe there's away of getting them out .thanks for the help Mark your doing great making ramps over the years

flame polishing it will def help. make sure you find somebody with prior experience doing it though. it can go bad real quick

4 months later
#4637 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

No worries, thank you for the reply! I believe about half the ramps can be purchased currently, but a couple others cannot last I checked. Just curious if it was on your radar. Maybe some other people could chime in if they have interest as well.

sometimes you will see the big right ramp, thats about it for tspp.

Quoted from gorgar007:

Bout time I show off this restore. Freeplay40 ramps are perfection. Got the ramp sticker from spain but slacking on installing that.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

game looks great william, nice job.

11 months later
#4831 1 year ago

judege dredd ramps would rock.

2 months later
#4857 1 year ago
Quoted from themotherbrain:

Happy new year! I just have to add another request for Judge dredd ramps. I'd buy a whole set right now! Any chance you guys get together and make it happen? Seeing the ramp tooling still exists gives me hope!

judge dredd!!!

1 month later
#4882 1 year ago

judge dredd!

4 weeks later
#4908 1 year ago

add me to judge dredd big ramp, maybe others too.

3 weeks later
#4917 11 months ago

glad you're feeling better, shit ain't no joke. The ramps can wait, your health can't. take care.

3 weeks later
#4932 10 months ago

add me to the jd ramps as well please.

3 weeks later
#4943 10 months ago

yeeeesssssss, JD is coming!

1 month later
#4981 8 months ago

add me to the list please

4 months later
#5035 4 months ago
Quoted from GunFighter:

Got everything squared away with Pinball Inc. My JD ramp decals are on their way and wanted to thank Jamies Loflin from Pinball Inc.

should of told him to print a bunch, gonna need them soon.

3 weeks later
#5048 3 months ago

so awesome. didn't think id ever see you do these, thanks from many of us dredd heads.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccbiggsoo7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps?tu=ccbiggsoo7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.