IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 List of remade ramps Posted by Freeplay40 (8 years ago)

Post #200 F-14 ramp mold Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #210 F-14 ramp preview with various colors Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #232 Examples of the F-14 ramp installed in a game Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #241 F-14 ramp finished Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #258 Hurricane ramp form test Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #264 Original Hurricane ramp differences Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #289 Hurricane ramp finished Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #305 Finished hurricane ramp photi Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #310 Finished hurricane ramp Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballerchef.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#395 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I'm thinkin that may work for the Pinbot ramp too!

+2!!

1 month later
#576 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Yes I'm making enough to keep me going. I'm retired and don't really need much so I just pump the money back into supplies, tools and oh yeah, the new machine I'm building plus I learn something new with every new ramp. Still only marketing my stuff here on Pinside and the level of sales I get here keeps it comfortable....gotta be able to enjoy retirement somewhat, although the past month has been hectic. I've been contacted or had discussions with several major suppliers that want my ramps, but at the "wholesale" level it just does not work for me right now....basically make more money...but really work my ass off and new ramps would certainly slow down. For now I just like retailing which allows it to be self sufficient and I can keep making more ramps. It's not like the old days of very high production runs and the associated economies. By controlling the entire process I do not have issues like large inventories....basically I still offer all that I have produced by simply making them on demand. If I run out of something and get an order I usually make a few extra.

I don't need any ramps (as of now) for any of my games and I'm glad I don't as you've already taken on a TON of work. That being said I closely follow this thread because it's a blast watching you take on these projects and blow anyone else away in making these ramps (the few others whom have promised and failed miserably)...even to the fact of perfecting them beyond there originals. This is a very niche market and your service is keeping games playing and looking beautifully......as the colored and translucent ramps are super slick! All I can do is watch and smile....and be a supported down the pipeline

10 months later
#1467 6 years ago

Wow as routine as it may be it's still surgery so take as much time and rest as you need bud!! Come back to your passion when you are damn well ready to....we know you'll be back 100% and kicking out beautiful ramps in no time.

11 months later
#2365 5 years ago

That red is GORGEOUS!! Perfectly crafted mr freeplay40

I like the idea of different colored pop caps but there is something original I enjoy with those stamped Williams caps...they keep it classy.

2 months later
#2493 5 years ago

I’m voting yes on the red/blue...it’s badass!!! My PINBOT is 100% red vs blue so I dig this a ton!!
Great idea Freeplay40

1 week later
#2522 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Took a couple days off. I have 9 of the Blue Red ramps dyed at the moment. Visited a friend on Friday and got the measurements I needed for the Jack Bot version. The Jackbot will require no riveting as the two gates on the ramp are overhead. However the Pin Bot has two roll over wire forms that are riveted to the ramp. If anyone is interested and would want to send me their 2 Pin Bot switch brackets, I will rivet to the new ramp for free. I will have probably 14 or 15 of the Blue/Red ramps ready this week. I will make enough for everyone but will likely be first come first serve. Since this ramp can be cut for either Pin Bot or Jack Bot I will do a two stage finish on them. First what works for both, then finish what is different secondly as they are ordered. I will also have the Pin Bot Visor and the Lift ramps available as well. It take about a day and a half to do the two stage dye on these and I do them three at a time, but I think the result is worth it!...They look pretty cool. I want to get Pinbot finished completely so I can post photos in the game.

The ramp also has 3 flasher domes riveted to it as well....I don’t have means for any of this riveting so that is what would keep me from upgrading.

#2527 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I actually have two complete Pinbot main ramps here. On both, the flasher domes are secured with screws. Only the switch plates are riveted. It's really only necessary to use rivets where the ball will roll over them.

Ok mine are riveted. But I can buy new flasher domes and use screws to secure them in to this ramp...thanks for the info!

#2530 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just drill them out.

Or just use your advice....

Quoted from MustangPaul:

And with screws you can change the dome color if you want to.

#2539 5 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Is there any interest in a new minimalist decal mod for the transparent blue/red pinbot ramp? I have an idea to do something in black vinyl that pays homage to the original design, but allows light to shine through. I've aquired some high resolution scans of the original stickers in order to do this.

Yes please

6 months later
#2960 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I think this might be one I slip into the queue soon. I looked at the manual for the playfield parts and it appears the left ramp to the cannon is two pieces. If so, I can probably do both.... or all three.
On another note, last night on Craig's List a guy was giving away a model of the Black Rose pirate ship...free. There was a Coke can in the photo for scale...Looked like it would have made a perfect topper.

Is this a hint you may be getting into the topper business

1 month later
#3054 5 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

I agree with this also. The end game is to help fix games no one is going to get Rich making replacement ramps.
I don't have any Gottlieb games in need of those ramps but Now I know someone is doing them and Now I can help spread the word should I find someone looking for those ramps and I definitely know a few people with those games.
Spamming someone else's thread with there for sale stuff wouldn't be cool but just mention it seems like it's not a huge deal.

I agree with this too. I’ve been on this thread since it’s inception and Mark seems like a chill dude....doesn’t sweat the small things.
He likes hearing others on RAMP making side of things...means less on his plate down the road and he can pump out those bigger monster ramps once his oven shed is up n running.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.50
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Johnson City, TN
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballerchef.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps?tu=Pinballerchef and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.