IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 103.
#4701 2 years ago

Is there a list of available ramps?

#4702 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Well, how has everyone been?

Welcome back and thank you for doing what you do!!

#4703 2 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Is there a list of available ramps?

See post #1 in this thread....

#4704 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Well, how has everyone been? After a much longer than expected hiatus, I am back in the swing. At 69 years old I have been thinking about my future. One thing I have decided solidly is that I want to keep making ramps. My son Aaron (Fast Pinball) has been with me since the beginning of this venture and he will be becoming more involved over time with my hopes of someday transitioning this work to him. In the mean time, he will help me get through the back log.
The good news is that during this "break" I made a LOT of ramps! Pretty much everything is in stock. I still need to bolster up the inventory of High Speed and the two color Pinbot main ramps. I will be doing that this week. I have had a few Guns n' Roses sets tucked away and I think they are all spoken for, so will be doing another run of those soon as well.
I started shipping ramps today and have already reached out to many of you. We will continue to work down the back log as soon as possible.

So glad to have you back!!

#4705 2 years ago

Please add me for a Williams Comet Main Center Ramp ,Thank You

#4706 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnsarcade:

Please add me for a Williams Comet Main Center Ramp ,Thank You

All three Comet pieces are available now.

#4707 2 years ago

Please add me to the Guns n roses list for both, ramps

#4708 2 years ago

Radical Ramp Update...

I did ship out two sets of the X ramps to Whysnow in December. trilogybeer did the install of the two ramps and he did encounter a clearance issue at the whirlpool drop hole. trilogybeer did show this in great detail in the following post....awesome feedback

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totally-radicals/page/8#post-6667192

Now as to what caused this...

This was ultimately caused by my changing the process and using actually a slightly thinner plastic than the originals. I have discussed the pros and cons of forming ramps on female molds vs male molds. All of the original ramps for Radical were formed on female molds. What happens when they are molded on a female mold is that as the plastic is pulled under vacuum down into the ramp, it thins. The original pieces were formed with .187" thick plastic, but the process thinned the plastic to less than 1/16" at the bottom of the whirlpool and the drop hole at the left end of the ramp which are the most common failure points on these pieces. I used .150" plastic but reverse formed them on a male mold.....this method makes the plastic much thicker at the bottom of the ramp (uh, where the steel ball is). So instead of only 1/16" at these two points, I end up with about 1/8" even using a thinner plastic. Just simply a better way to do it.

Now, all that said, while I am thicker where it is important, my top edge is thinner than the original and this resulted in the ramp sitting just a bit lower in the game and created the clearance issue. trilogybeer who put together the two games for Whysnow resolved this by slightly shaving the bottom of the whirlpool and then adding spacers under the mounting points at the lower end of the ramp. Nice resolution.

We have a cool hardware store here in the PNW that had tons of stuff. I went looking for a nice 1/8" thick spacer for under the mounting points but couldn't find exactly what I wanted so I settled for #6 washers that are about 1/16" thick and I will include 10 of these with each ramp.....enough for all five of the lower right side mounting points....One might be enough, but two should be ample as I have done also as @Trilogy did by shaving off about 1/16" off the bottom of the whirlpool. And, just to be safe, I lowered the bottom of the diverter cutout also by about 1/16"

The Radical ramps...

Vertical ramp $140 (Includes new cover plastic)
Upper left ramp $125 (This is the newer non-VUK version)
Upper right ramp $75
2 Piece X ramp $285 (Includes 2 associated plastics, rubber drop hole bumper piece and mounting
hardware....photo attached)

I have to make custom boxes for these based on what is ordered and I will need your delivery zip code to calculate shipping.

I'll be contacting the folks I have listed, but I may not have everyone since I lost a bit of data. At the moment I have 18 of the X ramps and the upper right ramp. Many have already purchased the Vertical and Upper left ramps but I also have some of those available for those that want the whole set.

If anyone is interested in the VUK version of the upper left ramp, I can make those on request for $135

I will get these out as fast as I can, but may take a little longer than normal as I have to create specific packaging, pack and weight each depending on the order to calculate shipping.
IMG_1512 (resized).JPGIMG_1512 (resized).JPGIMG_1513 (resized).JPGIMG_1513 (resized).JPGIMG_1769 (resized).JPGIMG_1769 (resized).JPGIMG_1771 (resized).JPGIMG_1771 (resized).JPGX ramp hardware (resized).JPGX ramp hardware (resized).JPG

#4709 2 years ago

RO-LLER-GAMES! RO-LLER-GAMES! RO-LLER-GAMES!

#4710 2 years ago

jODY IS GONNA DO rOLLERGAMES. rAMP-O-MATIC

#4711 2 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

jODY IS GONNA DO rOLLERGAMES. rAMP-O-MATIC

When he puts this sentence in the mold it will come out correctly capitalized

#4713 2 years ago

Hello Freeplay40, I come back to you following my message without answer from you concerning the availability and the price of the ramps to transport the rescue
Thank you for your feedback and congratulations for the re-manufacturing of the Radical ramps as well

#4714 2 years ago
Quoted from Manu67:

Hello Freeplay40, I come back to you following my message without answer from you concerning the availability and the price of the ramps to transport the rescue
Thank you for your feedback and congratulations for the re-manufacturing of the Radical ramps as well

PM sent...

#4717 2 years ago

I did a while ago, but got no response... Wasn't sure if there was some alternate method I was missing

#4718 2 years ago

Wanted to order the Strange Science anti-gravity ramp and didn't hear back from the PM I sent you two weeks ago.

#4719 2 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Wanted to order the Strange Science anti-gravity ramp and didn't hear back from the PM I sent you two weeks ago.

pm sent

#4720 2 years ago

Radical Ramps...

I think at this point I have contacted everyone who had indicated interest in the Radical ramps. If I missed you or you are MANTO1975 (Down under...no mail at this time) feel free to reach out to me via pm.

#4721 2 years ago

Hello
Would like to order. PM’s sent a while back. No response so I will try here. Please pm me when you get a chance please.

#4722 2 years ago

Hi could you put me on the Demo man ramps list if it’s not on the list from before thanks.

#4723 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Radical Ramps...
I think at t

Hi. Looking for Demolition Man ramps If I’m not in the list. Please add me. Thank you

#4724 2 years ago

Hi Freeplay40, Put me on the list for Demolition Man as well please.
Cheers
Ray

#4725 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Good to hear you managed more time for you, but glad to see you're still interested in producing your quality ramps. I was one of the first if not the first to enquire about the possibility of a Demo Man ramp set. Still very interested in buying a set for my game. Good luck getting back into it and we are all looking forward to your future production runs.

Pretty sure I was close to second on that list too.

Welcome back too! We missed you...clearly.

#4726 2 years ago

Pease put me on the list for Demolition Man ramps! Thank you!

1 week later
#4727 2 years ago

I need a Demo Man center/skill shot ramp.

1 week later
#4728 2 years ago

Hi, any chance for a run of the StarWarp ramp for Data East Time Machine please?

#4729 2 years ago
Quoted from ksultana:

Hi, any chance for a run of the StarWarp ramp for Data East Time Machine please?

This has been asked, talked and kicked around its left to Freeplay40 or JodyG when they figure out this one. This complex ramp is on the back burner. Do i see it some day yes, But the work involved to made this work is going to make it a higher priced ramp then i think some will pay for it.

1 month later
#4730 2 years ago

Had a request for a transparent blue High Speed ramp for a retheme project. Seemed like a good idea for a patriotic photo.

IMG_1779 (resized).JPGIMG_1779 (resized).JPG
#4731 2 years ago

Love the patriotic HS ramps @freeplay40. Do you still have the red available? Couldn't find them for sale on the marketplace. Please let me know. Thanks!

#4732 2 years ago
Quoted from HondoMonkey:

Love the patriotic HS ramps Freeplay40. Do you still have the red available? Couldn't find them for sale on the marketplace. Please let me know. Thanks!

Just made a bunch of red High Speeds in the last couple days...

#4733 2 years ago

Just outing out feelers re:Grand Lizard. Finally found a NOS playfield and would love to put a nice new ramp assembly in there…
I know there’s probably a list of things still to get to, just putting in a vote while I’m thinking about it!

#4734 2 years ago

Freeplay40 Hello! I would like to make a request for a ramp to be produced. If this post gains traction then hopefully you can do it.

I’m hoping that you can make ramps for Monopoly by Stern.

I know that there are many people with broken left ramps like me and there are no places that reproduce that ramp. The only way to get one is from a donor machine (very very unlikely).

Thanks for your consideration!

Sincerely,
Parker

#4735 2 years ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

Just outing out feelers re:Grand Lizard. Finally found a NOS playfield and would love to put a nice new ramp assembly in there…
I know there’s probably a list of things still to get to, just putting in a vote while I’m thinking about it!

This is a ramp I intend to make. I already have a donor ramp for it.

#4736 2 years ago

Do you happen to have a inner ramp for police force.
Thanks

#4737 2 years ago
Quoted from Godpinzilla:

Do you happen to have a inner ramp for police force.
Thanks

Starship Fantasy has the ramps for Police Force in stock....but only as a two ramp set.

#4738 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

The link below is to a plastic cement I use on ramps. It has the consistency of thick maple syrup. It sets up very fast....like so fast you need to put the cap back on the tube immediately. This a cement that is primarily for acrylic, but also works on many other plastics...it's what they glue aquariums together with. While it is good to actually get some of this stuff into the actual crack, I usually just lay a bead over the crack. It's really handy for reinforcing those lower edge entrance cracks. Sets up in just a couple minutes and fully cures in 24 hours. Dries clear.
amazon.com link »
You can also find it as some hardware and hobby stores. I get mine locally at a retail plastic seller.

Hi Freeplay, I know you gave this response a long time ago, but I had a quick question.

Most of the cracks on my Surf 'n Safari ramp and whirlpool are hairline cracks or they're very thin cracks. Would that bead method work for the hairline cracks?

#4739 2 years ago

See attached link for a plastic cement. This is what I use to cement the Lexan ring on the bottom of the Space Station ramp. It is a fast curing (sets in about 5 minutes and fully cures in 24 hours) cement that dries clear. This is the cement they use to assemble aquariums. It sets really fast so you always want to put the cap back on the tube fast! For hairline cracks, it helps to get some into the actual crack, but otherwise you can just lay a bead over the crack. Has a consistency of thick maple syrup.

Available at plastic retailers and some hardware stores as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Weld-Acrylic-Plastic-Cement-Tube/dp/B00R5NYM7M/ref=sr_1_12

1 week later
#4740 2 years ago
Quoted from Barky:

Freeplay40 Hello! I would like to make a request for a ramp to be produced. If this post gains traction then hopefully you can do it.
I’m hoping that you can make ramps for Monopoly by Stern.
I know that there are many people with broken left ramps like me and there are no places that reproduce that ramp. The only way to get one is from a donor machine (very very unlikely).
Thanks for your consideration!
Sincerely,
Parker

I think Coinoppartsetc have a Monopoly right ramp.

1 month later
#4741 1 year ago

Freeplay: Regarding High Speed ramp. Has anyone - including you - taken a clear ramp, painted the sides a gray to replicate the color of concrete and put a black sticker with road lines on the bottom to replicate the roadway? Maybe I am just trying too hard on this one…happens a lot with me.

#4742 1 year ago

I have not done that to my ramp....I'm content with the clear. There is a Pinsider (don't recall who at the moment) that made a roadbed decal for the ramp. Fits pretty well, but struggles on the uphill turn because my ramp is not flat on the bottom in that area. When I first showed the ramp in my machine to Steve Richie he loved it and posed for an endorsement photo. He commented that he thought it needed a roadbed decal.

SR2a (resized).jpgSR2a (resized).jpg
1 week later
#4743 1 year ago

I'd like a clear High Speed ramp with all the trimmings and rivots and spring steel options included please.

#4744 1 year ago
Quoted from DorkInAbox:

I'd like a clear High Speed ramp with all the trimmings and rivots and spring steel options included please.

pm sent...

#4745 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

… Pinsider that made a roadbed decal for the ramp
[quoted image]

I doubt I’m the only one to make a ‘road’ decal, here’s how mine turned out.
A graphic artist at my old job helped me with it - I don’t have access to to the art or printer anymore.
2FE96088-6525-42B9-A1EF-7A903E911882 (resized).jpeg2FE96088-6525-42B9-A1EF-7A903E911882 (resized).jpeg

#4746 1 year ago

Demo Man Ramp Update.

I have completed all 6 molds needed to replace all the vacuum formed pieces on Demo Man. Today I successfully formed 5 of the 6 pieces, the only exception being the large right diverter ramp. I will need to form this one on my larger machine which is currently set up to run the Comet Center ramps. I hope to form the Comet ramps tomorrow and then form the last Demo Man ramp next.

Some of the ramps were quite challenging to make molds for due to the elevation changes and the Cryo-Claw was the most difficult.

Once I have all the pieces formed, I will hand finish all pieces to test fit in my friend's game.

I was given pretty decent original pieces to make my molds from, however I found that virtually all of the pieces were cracked and quite fragile. I will make all 6 pieces with plastic thicker than the originals and I do not anticipate any fitment problems.

Will post photos soon.

Thanks to all for your patience!....Mark

#4747 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Demo Man Ramp Update.
I have completed all 6 molds needed to replace all the vacuum formed pieces on Demo Man. Today I successfully formed 5 of the 6 pieces, the only exception being the large right diverter ramp. I will need to form this one on my larger machine which is currently set up to run the Comet Center ramps. I hope to form the Comet ramps tomorrow and then form the last Demo Man ramp next.
Some of the ramps were quit challenging to make molds for due to the elevation changes and the Cryo-Claw was the most difficult.
Once I have all the pieces formed, I will hand finish all pieces to test fit in my friend's game.
I was given pretty decent original pieces to make my molds from, however I found that virtually all of the pieces were cracked and quite fragile. I will make all 6 pieces with plastic thicker than the originals and I do not anticipate any fitment problems.
Will post photos soon.
Thanks to all for your patience!....Mark

YES! Awesome news Mark.

#4748 1 year ago

Great news!

#4749 1 year ago

First 5 of the 6 Demo Man pieces had finished today. Will form the right Diverter ramp either tonight or tomorrow. With the NW Pinball Show this weekend, I likely won't be able to test fit the pieces in my friends game until early next week.

IMG_1793 (resized).JPGIMG_1793 (resized).JPG
#4750 1 year ago

Any chance for Independence Day 4 ramps? I think there are quite a few that could use them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Carrollton, TX
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 72.95
£ 110.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/95?hl=brewninja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.