IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 103.
#4201 3 years ago
Quoted from cobra18t:

Do you guys ever CNC probe scan a ramp and then CNC a new mold from the scan? It seems like that could be a nice way to do it with lower risk to the donor ramp. You would then have the ramp scan or mold 3D model that you could propagate to other people if you wanted.
Sincerely,
-A pinball enthusiast jonesing for those Demo Man ramps

I am sure its possible, but CNC cutting a ramp mold would be very costly. You would need to sell hundreds of them to get your money back.

#4202 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I am sure its possible, but CNC cutting a ramp mold would be very costly. You would need to sell hundreds of them to get your money back.

Unless he is volunteering time to that

#4203 3 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Unless he is volunteering time to that

I am slowly bringing a large CNC online, so I am evaluating the possibilities. Because forming runs would be small, I was thinking wood molds might be fine. Agreed, the costs would go up significantly for aluminum molds.

#4204 3 years ago

It would be difficult, next to impossible, to use wood for thermoforming. You need an epoxy that does not deform when heated and cooled.

#4205 3 years ago

Another +1 for Jokerz!

#4206 3 years ago

Yeah that Freeplay40 guy?

He does all right.

PXL_20201103_011621444 (resized).jpgPXL_20201103_011621444 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#4207 3 years ago

Quick question on Hurricane, you listed the centre ramp (the Comet ramp confusingly.)

Have you also formed the main Hurricane ramp, that goes around the entire playfield? It's a big one!

But it gets broken easily, so a good contender. I'd like one of you ever do!

#4208 3 years ago

Got my corkscrew ramp installed and then my speech went out so I had my boards rehabbed. just got Comet back in action. Painted the top edge to match the original ramp. Had to shave off the long edge of the ramp to clear the cabinet side. inner ramp lip didn't clear the plastic mounting post so I had to file it to clear. also had to cut the edge off my plastic by the food and drink to fit. On the good side its pretty much bullet proof. You can sail the ball thru the ramp no problem..

124554767_679766266076734_2112385640318771999_n (resized).jpg124554767_679766266076734_2112385640318771999_n (resized).jpg124572184_358916842005717_8168906729087502350_n (resized).jpg124572184_358916842005717_8168906729087502350_n (resized).jpg
#4209 3 years ago

any dirty harry left ramp?

Part # A-18604

#4210 3 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

any dirty harry left ramp?
Part # A-18604

Sorry...Have not considered anything for DH.

1 week later
#4211 3 years ago

PM sent for a red clear ramp for High Speed. Freeplay40
Thanks !

#4212 3 years ago

Hi! Have you ever thought about making the Green Ramp of the Gottlieb Mario Bros. or have these ever been requested? I know a few people here in Germany searching them for quiet a long time now - including me

#4213 3 years ago
Quoted from turbomensh:

Hi! Have you ever thought about making the Green Ramp of the Gottlieb Mario Bros. or have these ever been requested? I know a few people here in Germany searching them for quiet a long time now - including me

I don't recall any requests for this one so would not consider any time soon.....sorry.

#4214 3 years ago

Did you ever do the center ramp for Comet?

#4215 3 years ago
Quoted from Ryguy25:

E8FE1304-E52F-4002-9362-1466CE54E507 (resized).jpegE8FE1304-E52F-4002-9362-1466CE54E507 (resized).jpeg

#4216 3 years ago
Quoted from Ryguy25:

Not yet....

Working on a little inventory than on to the heater.

#4217 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Not yet....
Working on a little inventory than on to the heater.

I still volunteer my center ramp if you need it.

#4218 3 years ago
Quoted from Ryguy25:

Same question here, we need a center ramp. One of our Comets is unplayable until we find a center ramp.

Thanks!

#4219 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Same question here, we need a center ramp. One of our Comets is unplayable until we find a center ramp.
Thanks!

If memory serves I recall Mark saying the Comet center ramp would be the 1st project he does on the new heater.

1 week later
#4220 3 years ago

Do you have plans to make ramp sets for Williams Dirty Harry?

#4222 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Thanks Larry.
Judge Dredd puzzle is complete:
Larry:
Main ramp (left ramp)
Black Out ramp
pin-pimp:
Air Raid ramp
Stake Out ramp
Subway 1 (2 parts)
Subway 2

lrosent345
pin-pimp
No hope for Judge Dredd?

#4223 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

lrosent345
pin-pimp
No hope for Judge Dredd?

I think if Larry secures all the molds he will make them.

#4224 3 years ago

Hey Freeplay40 any chance you might be interested in making a cover for the topper on R&M. Something like is on Whitewater and Doctor who. The topper is pretty noisy and a decently thick dome would probably help that a lot.

#4225 3 years ago

Hi. Freeplay I need a rocky and bullwinkle right ramp or all. ? Thank you

#4226 3 years ago

And also do you think you can copy the nba fastbreak right ramp? thank you

#4227 3 years ago
Quoted from Santis:

Hi. Freeplay I need a rocky and bullwinkle right ramp or all. ? Thank you

At the moment, I have only made the WABAC ramp. Soon as I get the heater finished , the others are on my short list.

Quoted from Santis:

And also do you think you can copy the nba fastbreak right ramp? thank you

NBA Fastbreak ramps are available at Starship Fantasy. Looks like you have to purchase both ramps, but still I would not produce something that is otherwise available....Sorry...we try not to duplicate efforts.

#4228 3 years ago

I don't have the right ramp but will be making it soon.

#4229 3 years ago

Count me in for the right ramp. Thank you

#4230 3 years ago

Freeplay40. I want the Wabac ramp. How can I get it? Thank you

#4231 3 years ago

Just checking back in. Do you have a timeline for the Demolition Man ramps? Thanks, Brad (Need Two Sets)

#4232 3 years ago
Quoted from Demoman1:

Just checking back in. Do you have a timeline for the Demolition Man ramps? Thanks, Brad (Need Two Sets)

Not good at time lines....For years now I have been promising a larger setup to do the larger ramps....Life just kept getting in the way...Until now. Working diligently on the new machine now. Hope to have the new heater array tray installed on the machine in the next couple days. Then install the ceramic heaters and start wiring it. Once I get this up and running, the first ramp I will do is the center ramp for Comet. After that it will be the Demo Man ramps. I already have the donor ramps for the Demo Man.

So what does all that mean??? Say 1st QTR 2021.

#4233 3 years ago

My Comet is just about ready!

IMG_20201205_175455 (resized).jpgIMG_20201205_175455 (resized).jpg
#4234 3 years ago

Gonna ask this here because this seems like the place that people might know. Does anyone make the horseshoe ramp for bally Atlantis. Freeplay40 was nice enough to get me a new lift ramp but I'm finding the entrance on that upper ramp is pretty beat and I would like to get a new one if anyone makes it.

#4235 3 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Gonna ask this here because this seems like the place that people might know. Does anyone make the horseshoe ramp for bally Atlantis. Freeplay40 was nice enough to get me a new lift ramp but I'm finding the entrance on that upper ramp is pretty beat and I would like to get a new one if anyone makes it.

I have someone lined up to send me a donor to make this one. This is a reminder that I need to have them send it over.

#4236 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Not good at time lines....For years now I have been promising a larger setup to do the larger ramps....Life just kept getting in the way...Until now. Working diligently on the new machine now. Hope to have the new heater array tray installed on the machine in the next couple days. Then install the ceramic heaters and start wiring it. Once I get this up and running, the first ramp I will do is the center ramp for Comet. After that it will be the Demo Man ramps. I already have the donor ramps for the Demo Man.

This is very exciting to hear!! I have been watching this thread for this very reason. No longer own one, but will buy the ramps and then source the machine!!

Thank you for the hard work as always!

#4237 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I have someone lined up to send me a donor to make this one. This is a reminder that I need to have them send it over.

Cool. Thanks for letting us know. I know it’s not a high demand product but the enthusiasts appreciate all the work. Truly thank you

#4238 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

exc.gifexc.gif

#4239 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Sweet, your going to make a lot of people happy. Thanks

#4240 3 years ago

not sure if it has been suggested, but could use a new speaker panel for Data East alpha numeric games like Phantom of the Opera and Robocop

#4241 3 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

not sure if it has been suggested, but could use a new speaker panel for Data East alpha numeric games like Phantom of the Opera and Robocop

Don't think I've ever seen another request for that so doubtful anytime soon.

#4242 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Screenshot_20201211-230507_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201211-230507_Chrome (resized).jpg
#4243 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I’ve seen a lot of ads here on Pinside and Facebook looking for these over the last three years. I don’t think anyone has ever remade these so there is demand for them.

#4244 3 years ago

How about the ramps on NASCAR? Any interest in making a run of those?

#4245 3 years ago

Possible, but not anytime soon for me as I have quite a list to get to with the bigger machine I am working on now.

#4246 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Possible, but not anytime soon for me as I have quite a list to get to with the bigger machine I am working on now.

Is the remaining Radical ramps still on deck as soon as the new/bigger machine is done?

#4247 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Is the remaining Radical ramps still on deck as soon as the new/bigger machine is done?

Comet center ramp will be first, then the next two things I will work on will be the Radical ramps and Demo Man.

#4248 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Comet center ramp will be first, then the next two things I will work on will be the Radical ramps and Demo Man.

awesome!!!!

I know a guy in need of 2 sets

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totally-radicals/page/2#post-6012254

#4249 3 years ago

Just to show progress with the new machine. Couple photos of the zoned ceramic heater array just mounted on the machine.

IMG_1704 (resized).JPGIMG_1704 (resized).JPGIMG_1706 (resized).JPGIMG_1706 (resized).JPG
#4250 3 years ago

Does that mean the heaters are over the plastic?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/85?hl=biglouie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.