IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 103.
#4151 3 years ago

Need one of the judge dread guys to chime in. I don’t have that pin anymore

#4152 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:the other 4 ramps are unicorns.

damn straight

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

damn shame someone is sitting on all this stuff, but some of these ramps will never ever see the light of day.

Damn straight

DSCN7277 (resized).JPGDSCN7277 (resized).JPG
#4153 3 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

This one I’m not sure what it is
[quoted image]

Looks like STTNG.

#4154 3 years ago

I think your right. STNG. Tons fun stuff here I’m finding

#4155 3 years ago

They are about to see the light of day. That’s why we are talking about it here.
Someone can ID the long part with the corner on the JD mold? The first pic.

#4156 3 years ago

Damn straight
[quoted image]

o-din.... Is there one other right side JD ramp not shown in your post?

#4157 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

o-din.... Is there one other right side JD ramp not shown in your post?

I thought there was? It may be somewhere. I'll have to look.

I am more than willing to donate these to the cause of reproduction. Well, not donate, I'll want them back. These were replacements for the others I sold several years ago when I thought I was done with Dredd. Sometimes, on Pinside, you gotta be quick when these things show up for sale. I should have jumped on that old man's HUO Shadow a few years ago too.

#4158 3 years ago

So here’s the problem. Looks like I have half the ramp molds for JD. We need Larry to chime in with what he has to see if we can complete this puzzle.

#4159 3 years ago

Well...Interesting discussion here on original molds. I have not really seen that many of the original molds, but at this point it is becoming obvious that many games with multiple ramps were all fashioned on one mold. This clearly made sense when original production runs were being made for X number of games. Now as games are being restored, running all the ramps on one of these molds probably does not make sense as not all ramps fail equally. I think Larry at Starship would agree with a game like Police Force, and likely with Hurricane. Making ramp molds for Jody and I is not really that difficult to do so these original molds don't have a whole lot of value to us. Most likely either of us would cut up the originals so that we could produce just what is needed.

What is being missed here is that the mold is just one piece of the process, and the whole process of ramp reproduction is quite time consuming. JD ramps are certainly doable and I expect that Jody or I will get to them at some point, but both of us have a pretty full plate of others we have committed to.

Winter is coming and I intend to ratchet things up this year with the new machine....but I have several ramps I need to get through before I take anything else on.

#4160 3 years ago

I'm not seeing all the ramps. In the Molds I don't see the Largest main ramp.

The Pic with the ramps on the board doesn't have the Stake Out ramp.

I'm I wrong?

There are 4 ramps
Main ramp
Black Out
Air Raid
Stake out

Plus the subway right.

#4161 3 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

I'm not seeing all the ramps. In the Molds I don't see the Largest main ramp.
The Pic with the ramps on the board doesn't have the Stake Out ramp.
I'm I wrong?
There are 4 ramps
Main ramp
Black Out
Air Raid
Stake out
Plus the subway right.

You are correct. We came to that same conclusion off line. In o-din's post he has three of the JD topside ramps and the subway. In pin-pimp's first mold post it has 2 of the 4 topside ramps and the subway. The ramp missing in o-din's post is on pin-pimps mold. So we have concluded that there is another JD mold with the other two ramps on it.

#4162 3 years ago

I'll get a picture of mine tomorrow.

#4163 3 years ago

I have hundreds of original Williams tools.

#4164 3 years ago

Damn too slow...

Quoted from pin-pimp:

[quoted image]

I think that's STTNG, with the subway mold on the left side.
IMG_6476 (resized).jpgIMG_6476 (resized).jpg

#4165 3 years ago

Guys, I’m really enjoying the shop banter among the ramp makers here. Love the collaborations! Keep up the great work everyone. Treasures to the hobby, every one of you guys.

#4166 3 years ago

good god you have molds for jackbot/pinbot visors

#4167 3 years ago

What was the process of creating ramps with those old molds?

#4168 3 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

good god you have molds for jackbot/pinbot visors

Looks just my mold...

IMG_1451 (resized).JPGIMG_1451 (resized).JPG
#4169 3 years ago

This the full Judge Dredd set, 7 pieces.

Main ramp (left ramp)
Black Out ramp
Air Raid ramp
Stake Out ramp
Subway 1 (2 parts)
Subway 2

20201016_073304 (resized).jpg20201016_073304 (resized).jpg
#4170 3 years ago

The term Water Line was mentioned earlIer. What is that?

#4171 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

The term Water Line was mentioned earlIer. What is that?

On high production tools, they will drill passageways into the molds to run a cold water line through and help dissipate heat in the mold. This will allow you to get more parts per hour off the mold by allowing the parts to cool faster. Not much of a concern for us guys making 6-12 parts at a time...but if you are running a 1000 part order, time is money!

#4172 3 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

[quoted image]

Star trek

#4173 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Looks just my mold...
[quoted image]

Wait, are you currently making those?

#4174 3 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Wait, are you currently making those?

Yes. I've got you on my list for one of the main ramps....do you want a visor as well?

#4175 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Yes. I've got you on my list for one of the main ramps....do you want a visor as well?

Why, yes.

PXL_20201014_035222609 (resized).jpgPXL_20201014_035222609 (resized).jpg

Yes I do.

#4176 3 years ago

The reason we watch each others posts, at least I do, is to make sure we are not duplicating efforts. There is enough room for all 3 of us.

#4177 3 years ago

There is another reason for the water line. It keeps the tool from overheating. A tool that is too hot will get you bubbles in the PETG.

#4178 3 years ago

Here is my tool. I'm supposed to have another but can't find it.

IMG_1454[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1454[1] (resized).JPG
#4179 3 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

[quoted image]

Kinda what I expected...You each have a part of the puzzle.

#4180 3 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

[quoted image]

Thanks Larry.

Judge Dredd puzzle is complete:

Larry:
Main ramp (left ramp)
Black Out ramp

pin-pimp:
Air Raid ramp
Stake Out ramp
Subway 1 (2 parts)
Subway 2

#4181 3 years ago

The value of my assortment of NOS Judge Dredd ramps just dropped.

#4182 3 years ago

Yes between the 2 molds it’s all there. Now there a question of ownership and who’s running what. I didn’t get this from PPS. I got it from twisted pins when they went under. I basically saved all this from hitting a landfill. Where twisted got it I have no idea. That was a long time ago. I just assumed I’d give the stuff back to PPS after that buyout.

#4183 3 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Yes between the 2 molds it’s all there. Now there a question of ownership and who’s running what. I didn’t get this from PPS. I got it from twisted pins when they went under. I basically saved all this from hitting a landfill. Where twisted got it I have no idea. That was a long time ago. I just assumed I’d give the stuff back to PPS after that buyout.

What does it mean? Repro won't happen?

#4184 3 years ago

I would think at this point all the players will need to get together and decide the best course of action. Now that it’s found I think they do need to be made

#4185 3 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

I would think at this point all the players will need to get together and decide the best course of action. Now that it’s found I think they do need to be made

Rick is amazingly easy to deal with. It's really up to you to get things started.

#4186 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

On high production tools, they will drill passageways into the molds to run a cold water line through and help dissipate heat in the mold. This will allow you to get more parts per hour off the mold by allowing the parts to cool faster. Not much of a concern for us guys making 6-12 parts at a time...but if you are running a 1000 part order, time is money!

Thanks !

#4187 3 years ago

Just received word that pin-pimp has the go ahead to produce the Space Station upper ramp.....Awesome news!

#4188 3 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

I dont understand too much about PPS or what they own, but it the person who owned the stuff sold it before PPS bought all the bally stuff, then its not theirs anyway.

#4189 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

I dont understand too much about PPS or what they own, but it the person who owned the stuff sold it before PPS bought all the bally stuff, then its not theirs anyway.

I agree and anyone can make a reproduction ramp, but you can’t use licensed artwork without permission. An example is the ramp decals.

#4190 3 years ago

That's weird, Marc, cause PPS said I can run them. I am so confused. We'll just have to wait and see.

#4191 3 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

That's weird, Marc, cause PPS said I can run them. I am so confused. We'll just have to wait and see.

I don't see any reason why you can't run them. Will you run them if you get your hands on both molds?

#4192 3 years ago

I'm done trying to figure out what PP is gonna do. I'm just gonna wait and see.

#4193 3 years ago

I am going to have to bring this one up again. Last Action Hero Blue Tar Pit Ramp.
It's an underrated pin that is gaining more popularity since you can still get it for a decent price, but I would guess at least 25% to 50% of all of them have a partially broken tar pit ramp.

#4194 3 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

I am going to have to bring this one up again. Last Action Hero Blue Tar Pit Ramp.
It's an underrated pin that is gaining more popularity since you can still get it for a decent price, but I would guess at least 25% to 50% of all of them have a partially broken tar pit ramp.

Seconded!

#4195 3 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

I have a local guy lined up to loan me his to make a mold from, but I have not gotten around to deciding if I can even do it or not. I am not sure if Freeplay40 has had that one his radar or not, but its definitely an interesting piece that may require some new techniques to make.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4196 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I have a local guy lined up to loan me his to make a mold from, but I have not gotten around to deciding if I can even do it or not. I am not sure if Freeplay40 has had that one his radar or not, but its definitely an interesting piece that may require some new techniques to make. [quoted image][quoted image]

Give it a shot Jody! If you encounter any issues maybe I can help.

#4197 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I have a local guy lined up to loan me his to make a mold from, but I have not gotten around to deciding if I can even do it or not. I am not sure if Freeplay40 has had that one his radar or not, but its definitely an interesting piece that may require some new techniques to make. [quoted image][quoted image]

you'll have people lining up like back old black Friday days to take them of your hands!

#4198 3 years ago

You guys are going to cost me so much money.

#4199 3 years ago

I "third" the need for Last Action Hero Blue tarpit ramp. Actually, but of my ramps are broken if anyone has a source for the (main) clear one.

#4200 3 years ago

Do you guys ever CNC probe scan a ramp and then CNC a new mold from the scan? It seems like that could be a nice way to do it with lower risk to the donor ramp. You would then have the ramp scan or mold 3D model that you could propagate to other people if you wanted.

Sincerely,

-A pinball enthusiast jonesing for those Demo Man ramps

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cloverdale, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/84?hl=rapidflipper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.