IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 103.
#4051 3 years ago

I really like the look of the red. Here is mine.

IMG_0537 (resized).JPGIMG_0537 (resized).JPG
#4052 3 years ago

Ditto on the red. I like it on mine also!

#4053 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Everyone need ramps. There are so many needed and frankly so few doing it...The reason so few do it is that it very labor intensive. There is a skill set required to do it. Just exactly what those skills are is hard to explain.....and investment. The investment is both money and a lot of time....a lot of time. I've been doing this for going on 6 years I guess now....and I still cannot make them fast enough.
I've seen many attempt this, only to disappear...until now.
Please welcome JodyG to the ramp making effort. JodyG has already produced several needed pieces. JodyG and I have had some wonderful discussions about making ramps, and he is the real deal and will grow to be an asset in the ramp making effort. I will support him any way I can.
JodyG also feels the same way as both myself and Larry at Starship do with respect to duplication of efforts. No sense at this time with so many ramps needed to duplicate efforts, so we will all work toward producing the unobtaniums.
Please join me in welcoming, JodyG to the wonderful world of ramps.

jody's ramps are top notch.

#4054 3 years ago

Looks like much more fun than a golf cart. Well done!
-mof

#4055 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Looks like much more fun than a golf cart. Well done!
-mof

No cart path for me!

1 week later
#4056 3 years ago

How’s the Big Unit coming along? (Your new heater, that is.) Hope you’re doing well and staying healthy.

#4057 3 years ago

Did you or anybody ever end up making the large DE Batman ramp?

#4058 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Did you or anybody ever end up making the large DE Batman ramp?

No, but I did just make the Joker ramp...

IMG_1669 (resized).JPGIMG_1669 (resized).JPGIMG_1670 (resized).JPGIMG_1670 (resized).JPG
#4059 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

No, but I did just make the Joker ramp...[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, I saw that. Nice! I’ll be ordering one of those.

Might know someone who can make up some decals. I’ll reach out.

#4060 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

No, but I did just make the Joker ramp...[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks amazing.

#4061 3 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

I found these cracks on my High Speed Ramp while I was troubleshooting an diverter problem and was asked by Freeplay40 to post them for him to see once I found them.
The smaller cracks I can see happening since it is a high impact area at the main entrance of the ramp. The larger crack is on the far right rail of the ramp that really don't see much impact action.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would check the diverter pawl assembly...
If the head that holds the roll pin gets loos it will cause the ball to hit that particular corner piece.
It happens a lot on the OEM High Speed black ramp assembly.
Back in the day when this game was popular...
I did quite a few repining of the pawl assemblies that are part of the diverter assembly.
Finally, check/replace the impact spring.

#4062 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yeah, I saw that. Nice! I’ll be ordering one of those.
Might know someone who can make up some decals. I’ll reach out.

I sent the donor 3 of these. Generally I offer one free to the donor which assumes I will return his original in good shape. This was a tough one to mold...well actually "demold". When I cast it, it just would not release so basically I ended up destroying the original....so of course he got two new ones made from .150" plastic which met or exceeded the original. Then I made and also sent him one made with the thickest plastic I use... .177". Everything is metric now, but this is what you get when you order 3/16" thick plastic. I have to say, that with the depth of this mold and the failure in the center, the .177" came out very nice and would be my choice for these.

#4063 3 years ago

I'm curious Marc. If I order .177 it is always +-10% and what I get is close to .160. what do you get when you order .177?

#4064 3 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

I'm curious Marc. If I order .177 it is always +-10% and what I get is close to .160. what do you get when you order .177?

I just checked and the batch I have at the moment measures .165". My ".150" which is one of my favorite thicknesses measured .139". The batch of what we refer to as 1/8" which is actually +/- .118" measured .112".

#4065 3 years ago

Hopefully one day some Surf 'n Safari ramps and the whirlpools will be made!

#4066 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I just checked and the batch I have at the moment measures .165". My ".150" which is one of my favorite thicknesses measured .139". The batch of what we refer to as 1/8" which is actually +/- .118" measured .112".

My 3/16" is .181", my 1/8" is .118" and I have some .100" that measures .091". I guess the nominal size includes the protective plastic?

#4067 3 years ago

Any chance to see a reproduction of Cactus Jack's right ramp? This thing is always damaged and not find....

1 week later
#4068 3 years ago

Perfect Fit! Now we just need someone to make decals!

20200729_182142 (resized).jpg20200729_182142 (resized).jpg20200729_182145 (resized).jpg20200729_182145 (resized).jpg20200729_182147 (resized).jpg20200729_182147 (resized).jpg
#4069 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Perfect Fit! Now we just need someone to make decals!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

looks mint! If we can get someone on some decals I'm in!

#4070 3 years ago

Thank you Butch2099 can't wait to mount mine

20200729_131558.jpg20200729_131558.jpg
#4071 3 years ago
Quoted from KoSLoW:

can't wait to mount mine [quoted image]

That’s NOT what those holes are for! Way TMI.

#4072 3 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

That’s NOT what those holes are for! Way TMI.

Ok let me change : can't wait to install *

#4073 3 years ago
Quoted from KoSLoW:

Ok let me change : can't wait to install *

Ha!

#4074 3 years ago

You have any GnR pinball Ramps available? I need a new R Ramp. Thanks

#4075 3 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

You have any GnR pinball Ramps available? I need a new R Ramp. Thanks

PM sent

#4076 3 years ago

I received my R&B WABAC ramp and it looks great. You even cleaned up the nasty metal parts before you riveted them on, Thanks! If anyone wants to buy my "original unrestored" WABAC ramp, send me a PM. A good 90% of it's still there and as the classic car guys like to say, "it's only original once".

IMG_1754 (resized).JPGIMG_1754 (resized).JPG

#4077 3 years ago

Any chance of a reproduction skill shot shooter ramp for Gottlieb Mario Andretti?
Thank you for all you do for the hobby.

#4078 3 years ago

I would love to beg for a mousin around left ramp.....Ill even offer a bribe!

#4079 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I would love to beg for a mousin around left ramp.....Ill even offer a bribe!

Didn't JodyG just make you one ramp for Mousin' Around?

#4080 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Didn't JodyG just make you one ramp for Mousin' Around?

Jody made the center ramp.

#4081 3 years ago

Indeed the Center.

Im just starting on the last step which is large chunks of Plastic missing from the Left.
Im hoping to document my PITA method.
Love to postpone those hours, if there is any hope in the future.......

Happy to trade Bags of Bulbs, Jewelry, Real Estate, Kids.....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4082 3 years ago

Interested in buying both comet ramps...combo discount?

#4083 3 years ago

I have a question for Starship Fantasy, @JodyG, and @Freeplay40. Have any of you considered making the subway ramp for #Data East Jurassic Park ? I know the originals were made in a thin material that's not very robust. Thanks.

#4084 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Postal:

I have a question for Starship Fantasy, JodyG, and Freeplay40. Have any of you considered making the subway ramp for #Data East Jurassic Park ? I know the originals were made in a thin material that's not very robust. Thanks.

I was going to do this at the beginning of the pandemic...but the guy that was going to loan me his hasnt been around to meet up. Im still willing to turn this around for someone if they have one I can borrow.

#4085 3 years ago

Whats the time frame for something like this? I could lend mine out since im restoring my JP.

#4086 3 years ago
Quoted from Juicerc51:

Whats the time frame for something like this? I could lend mine out since im restoring my JP.

PM'd you.

#4087 3 years ago

Anyone doing ramps for Indianapolis 500?

#4089 3 years ago

I have also a question for @lrosent345, @JodyG, and @Freeplay40.
Is there any chance for the Air Raid ramp for Judge Dredd?
It's a small ramp (probably the smallest I have seen), and almost always broken at the entrance.
Thanks.
20200421_100905 (resized).jpg20200421_100905 (resized).jpg20200421_100952 (resized).jpg20200421_100952 (resized).jpg

#4090 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I have also a question for lrosent345, JodyG, and Freeplay40.
Is there any chance for the Air Raid ramp for Judge Dredd?
It's a small ramp (probably the smallest I have seen), and almost always broken at the entrance.
Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image]

If nobody else wants to do it, I am willing to take it on. I would need someone stateside with one I could borrow though. I'm always looking for small ramps to fill in around the big ones, which keeps the costs lower for all.

#4091 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

If nobody else wants to do it, I am willing to take it on. I would need someone stateside with one I could borrow though. I'm always looking for small ramps to fill in around the big ones, which keeps the costs lower for all.

I would reckon there would be quite a few people chasing this ramp, and other JD ramps also, apart from a few right (large) ramps the rest seem to be extinct in the pinball wilderness.

#4092 3 years ago

Hi Jody. There is a downside to placing smaller ramps around the big ones. Let's say you add an Airraid ramp to an Addams Family tool. You run 50 and when the Addams Family ramps are gone you still have 45 Airraid ramps. Probably a bad example but you get the point.

#4093 3 years ago

Don't need them yet, but probably will someday so won't mind picking up a set to have.

Anybody doing Radical! ramps yet?

#4094 3 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Hi Jody. There is a downside to placing smaller ramps around the big ones. Let's say you add an Airraid ramp to an Addams Family tool. You run 50 and when the Addams Family ramps are gone you still have 45 Airraid ramps. Probably a bad example but you get the point.

Is this process area based, isn't it?

#4095 3 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

I don’t see how that makes sense. If you’re pulling a large ramp, the material gets used no matter what. Better to have the scrap material be something with potential use/value, right?

#4096 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Don't need them yet, but probably will someday so won't mind picking up a set to have.
Anybody doing Radical! ramps yet?

I have the upper left ramp in all three versions and the Vertical ramp (lower left) available. Plan on doing the other two soon.

#4097 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Go for it, Jody...You could get to it before me!

#4098 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I have the upper left ramp in all three versions and the Vertical ramp (lower left) available. Plan on doing the other two soon.

Wow, I just counted a total of five pieces if you include the center return and right side return extension. Didn't realize there were so many.

It looks like my whirlpool on the center one might be a little cracked, so I will wait until you at least have that one done.

#4099 3 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

I don't see this a s problem for Jody or I. We can mix ramps from different games when forming and also we both can form in various sizes of plastic. Also with this JD ramp, they could be formed in multiples on one piece of plastic. Neither Jody or I carry much inventory, so decisions about what ramps to form in a multiple pull situation is made based on near term need. The larger ramps are always going to be tougher to get made for a variety of reasons....shipping being just one. In Jody's case the more smaller ramps he produces will benefit the larger ones getting produced.

#4100 3 years ago

If anyone did offer the Indianapolis 500 ramps, it would be cool, I think, to do them in some different colors. Maybe red, or yellow? But really, I would just be happy to have them in clear!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 18.95
2,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, OH
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 34.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/82?hl=dpannell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.