IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 103.
#4001 3 years ago

Love what you are doing. Thanks for that.

Is there any plans to do the helmet of Pinbot? This piece is unavailable anywhere.

#4002 3 years ago

Any updates on the new oven and Comet center ramp?

#4003 3 years ago
Quoted from Acreacher:

Love what you are doing. Thanks for that.
Is there any plans to do the helmet of Pinbot? This piece is unavailable anywhere.

Had another request for it this week. Soon as things calm down with orders and the heater, I'll revisit.

#4004 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Any updates on the new oven and Comet center ramp?

Comet is still top of the list. Retail stores that were previously closed are opening up and I need to visit my local metal seller for a couple special rails I need for the heater to slide into. Once I get the rails installed on the machine I can begin assembling the heater ceramics.

#4005 3 years ago

Demolition Man Ramps, I need TWO (2) sets, please......Got a DM with zero (0) ramps...HELP

#4006 3 years ago

Hey there. Are the Genesis ramps only available in clear? Thanks

#4007 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Hey there. Are the Genesis ramps only available in clear? Thanks

Yes, clear only. The originals were painted pink on the underside which I did replicate at the beginning. I've sold over 150 sets of the clears and only 2 sets of the pink. Were a real pain to replicate basically a crappy paint job. Genesis is unique in that it has artwork under the ramps which can be seen with the clears. I think the only color combination that would work with Genesis would be a blue and a green ramp, and at least at present, I don't do anything in green.

#4008 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Yes, clear only. The originals were painted pink on the underside which I did replicate at the beginning. I've sold over 150 sets of the clears and only 2 sets of the pink. Were a real pain to replicate basically a crappy paint job. Genesis is unique in that it has artwork under the ramps which can be seen with the clears. I think the only color combination that would work with Genesis would be a blue and a green ramp, and at least at present, I don't do anything in green.

Ok. No worries, I was just wondering. I will likely be looking for a set after I get a BK and a FP2 completed. Thanks!

#4009 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I don't do anything in green.

Because green is hard. I don't love my green ramp. It looks OK, but the blue looks better. Dye them both purple for that stock look... sorta

ramps (resized).jpgramps (resized).jpg

#4010 3 years ago

Everyone need ramps. There are so many needed and frankly so few doing it...The reason so few do it is that it very labor intensive. There is a skill set required to do it. Just exactly what those skills are is hard to explain.....and investment. The investment is both money and a lot of time....a lot of time. I've been doing this for going on 6 years I guess now....and I still cannot make them fast enough.

I've seen many attempt this, only to disappear...until now.

Please welcome JodyG to the ramp making effort. JodyG has already produced several needed pieces. JodyG and I have had some wonderful discussions about making ramps, and he is the real deal and will grow to be an asset in the ramp making effort. I will support him any way I can.

JodyG also feels the same way as both myself and Larry at Starship do with respect to duplication of efforts. No sense at this time with so many ramps needed to duplicate efforts, so we will all work toward producing the unobtaniums.

Please join me in welcoming, JodyG to the wonderful world of ramps.

#4011 3 years ago

All 3 of you are appreciated sincerely by the Hobby!

#4012 3 years ago

welcome and thanks for the efforts!

#4013 3 years ago

Who will be doing the Demolition Man Ramps, seen lots & lots of interest, personally I need 2 sets and appreciate your hard work ad dedication to the hobby. As they say, I have cash in hand, stay safe. Thanks

#4014 3 years ago
Quoted from Demoman1:

Who will be doing the Demolition Man Ramps, seen lots & lots of interest, personally I need 2 sets and appreciate your hard work ad dedication to the hobby. As they say, I have cash in hand, stay safe. Thanks

That's in my plan. Have the donor ramps already and will likely mold them soon.

#4015 3 years ago

Would it be possible for the new folks to add their intended repos to the first post?

#4016 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Everyone need ramps. There are so many needed and frankly so few doing it...The reason so few do it is that it very labor intensive. There is a skill set required to do it. Just exactly what those skills are is hard to explain.....and investment. The investment is both money and a lot of time....a lot of time. I've been doing this for going on 6 years I guess now....and I still cannot make them fast enough.
Please welcome JodyG to the ramp making effort. JodyG has already produced several needed pieces. JodyG and I have had some wonderful discussions about making ramps, and he is the real deal and will grow to be an asset in the ramp making effort. I will support him any way I can.
JodyG also feels the same way as both myself and Larry at Starship do with respect to duplication of efforts. No sense at this time with so many ramps needed to duplicate efforts, so we will all work toward producing the unobtaniums.

Amazing news! If they have an equivalent thread for there products, please link us up.
So many games are gonna get rescued!

#4017 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Amazing news! If they have an equivalent thread for there products, please link us up.
So many games are gonna get rescued!

Here's a link to JodyG 's post here on Pinside.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-o-matic-ramp-thread

#4018 3 years ago

While I have not thought too far into the future, here are some of the ramps I will be addressing first....for the new heater...

Comet Center Ramp
Demo man ramps
Rocky and Bullwinkle ramps beyond the WABAC I've already done
The other Radical ramps (Already done the upper left and the lower left Vertical ramp)
TMNT
Grand Lizard....anxious to perfect the transparent green!

Check out JodyG 's Checkpoint ramp!!!

And one I can't lie on....just poured the mold for the Batman Joker ramp...couldn't resist...looked interesting.

#4019 3 years ago

Great news for the 3 of you talented ramp makers getting together they way you are, going to be many happy pinball machines looking for your services

#4020 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Thank you for the kind words, Mark. I look forward to continuing to help the pinball community attain the hard to find parts they need to keep machines not only running, but looking great! The three of us combining our different skill sets and experiences should make for a lot of satisfied pinball fans. As was touched on above, there is no playbook out there on how to successfully make pinball ramps. Tons of trial and error go into the process for each ramp, and no two projects ever seem to be the same. That is how I arrived at the Ramp-O-Matic name...a play on the fantasy that some magical machine spits out a finished ramp with no more than a idea and the push of a button. Reality could not be farther from the truth!

Right now I am specializing in some of the oddball ramps that do not have a ton of demand for bigger runs. I have a soft spot for System 80B games, as you may be able to tell. I currently work as a journeyman Tool & Die maker and CAD Designer, but I do not do mold work in my normal duties. I probably have a solid 25 years before I will be able to retire...so my time is somewhat limited in the ramp department compared to Larry and Mark.

Thanks everyone!

#4021 3 years ago

Any plans to make Williams Earthshaker?

#4022 3 years ago
Quoted from Matthew2000tx:

Any plans to make Williams Earthshaker?

Earthshaker ramps are currently available at Starship Fantasy. Get em' while you can!

#4023 3 years ago

Hi, any ramps for road kings?

#4024 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Hi, any ramps for road kings?

Not near term from me....Sorry

#4025 3 years ago

Look at these fresh new beautiful ramps. My original ramps were busted up. Thanks Mark for saving one of my favorite pins.

20200602_164241 (resized).jpg20200602_164241 (resized).jpg20200602_164247 (resized).jpg20200602_164247 (resized).jpg20200602_164326 (resized).jpg20200602_164326 (resized).jpg
#4026 3 years ago

I have been casually shipping the Black Rose ramps to those that reached out to me. Today I sent pm's to everyone else I had on my list to see if still interested. Also really appreciate that if you are not interested any longer that you let me know so I can take you off the list. If I missed anyone that is interested, just let me know.

#4027 3 years ago

I have experimenting with tinting 2 component autobody clearcoat and spraying it on the bottom of the ramps. Doesn't look as good as your're tinted ramps but maybe that could be a option. Sounds like the dying process is very labourious.

#4028 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

I have experimenting with tinting 2 component autobody clearcoat and spraying it on the bottom of the ramps. Doesn't look as good as your're tinted ramps but maybe that could be a option. Sounds like the dying process is very labourious.

I considered that early on. With the, I assume candy colors and the flexibility additive, it struck me as quite expensive. Plus I am not set up with any type of paint booth. The small amount of under ramp painting I did turned me off to it right away. The dying is not so much laborious as it is really only the time to mix the dyes, which last for many ramps, and heating it. Ramps typically sit in the dyes for 12 hours at a time...sometimes multiple dips....so it might take a couple days to dye a set of ramps. If you or someone else out there is set up to do auto type painting, it might be something y'all want to do....Not me.

#4029 3 years ago

FYI. I seldom paint ramps but Champion Pub comes to mind. I use a spray can of plastic paint with primer and apply in my backyard on the underside of the ramp. Getting pretty good at it. Comes out fine without a painting booth. No way to do translucent colors.

1 week later
#4030 3 years ago

Picked up a new tool today for ramp making mental health.

IMG_0169 (resized).jpgIMG_0169 (resized).jpgIMG_0170 (resized).jpgIMG_0170 (resized).jpg
#4031 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Picked up a new tool today for ramp making mental health.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Even has a rack on the front so you can deliver ramps.

#4032 3 years ago

In Washington there are designated public roads where these can be licensed. Has to be made street legal....Turn Signals, Mirrors, 2nd Stop Light and horn. They sell kits for this but I intend to assemble it all and design and vacuum form my Turn Signals and stop light....all LED's. I have a piece of property on a river about 45 minutes north. The public roads there are designated for riding these. Many miles of logging roads.

#4033 3 years ago

Came in here to pester again and kindly request a repro of the Jurassic Park 1993 Subway! Would take two!

#4034 3 years ago

I don't see it as one you have made but I would be interested in the Twilight Zone small subway chute (from skill shot to main subway - part # 03-8826).

Also, anyone know of anyone who makes reproduction wire form ramps? I am looking for the Twilight Zone mini-inside wire chute assembly (the "U" shaped wire form ramp that feeds the gumball, part # A-16058).

Thanks!

1 week later
#4035 3 years ago

In regards to Radical, lower left and upper left ramps have been replicated. Any chance that the upper right and lower right will be available in the distant future? I realized that the one with the divertor cannot be done with your current apperatus

#4036 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

In regards to Radical, lower left and upper left ramps have been replicated. Any chance that the upper right and lower right will be available in the distant future? I realized that the one with the divertor cannot be done with your current apperatus

They are on my short list when I get ready.

#4037 3 years ago

I found these cracks on my High Speed Ramp while I was troubleshooting an diverter problem and was asked by Freeplay40 to post them for him to see once I found them.

The smaller cracks I can see happening since it is a high impact area at the main entrance of the ramp. The larger crack is on the far right rail of the ramp that really don't see much impact action.
20200625_133502 (resized).jpg20200625_133502 (resized).jpg20200625_142252 (resized).jpg20200625_142252 (resized).jpg

20200625_195120 (resized).jpg20200625_195120 (resized).jpg
#4038 3 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

I found these cracks on my High Speed Ramp while I was troubleshooting an diverter problem and was asked by Freeplay40 to post them for him to see once I found them.
The smaller cracks I can see happening since it is a high impact area at the main entrance of the ramp. The larger crack is on the far right rail of the ramp that really don't see much impact action.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow. First I've seen. When I first started making the High Speed ramps I was using .100" thick plastic. Several years ago I upgraded them to .118" plastic, mostly so I did not have to stock the .100" thickness. My own ramp is made of the .100" and is going on 6 years now.

#4039 3 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I do see one issue with the cracks at the entrance. When I redesigned the ramp, I made it so that leading corner of the ramp would tuck behind that red post for added protection. Since I redesigned the entrance, the hold down screws under the flap will not line up with the original holes. One might be close, but best to loosely fit the ramp and then determine best spots for new holes in the playfield for the hold down screws, especially in relation to that red post.

#4040 3 years ago

Thank you sir! Great idea to modify the ramp for added protection. I'll plug the old holes in case a new one gets close. Those will be the last holes to install I think.

#4041 3 years ago

If I remember correctly, I had a hard time fitting that ramp in without filing and sanding to fix the ramp from cutting into the rubber on that post.

#4042 3 years ago

Just wanted to make sure Freeplay40 does not make the Monte Carlo ramp. Thanks!

#4043 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just wanted to make sure freeplay40 does not make the Monte Carlo ramp. Thanks!

JodyG making it?

#4044 3 years ago

Yep, that is my problem child, but I think it will be worked out soon thanks to some great help from Freeplay40!

#4045 3 years ago

Something new and improved courtesy of donor Butch2099

IMG_1669 (resized).JPGIMG_1669 (resized).JPGIMG_1670 (resized).JPGIMG_1670 (resized).JPG
#4046 3 years ago

DE Batman!!

#4047 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Something new and improved courtesy of donor Butch2099
[quoted image][quoted image]

I thought it was the Bender ramp for a Futurama pin I didn’t know about.

#4048 3 years ago

Anybody up for making decals for Batman?

#4049 3 years ago

Freeplay40:

I am going to need a new ramp for my High Speed. The one that I have - a black one - has a crack in it at the front entrance to the ramp and it makes an awful noise when it gets hit. What colors are you hopefully still making - red, clear, etc. As a structural engineer I would love one in a concrete color but pretty sure that is not going to happen. I am concerned that the clear ramp will let certain lights shine through that might be distracting - But I have not heard of any complaints from the many people that own the clear ramp. If I send you my ramp - with the riveted attachments - how long will it take to have the new ramp assembled and sent to me I assume the whole process takes about 2 weeks and I am taking 2 weeks away in early August if that timing is good for you. You can PM me with the details. I think I understand that your new ramp fixes this problem by "hiding" the ramp corner behind the red post.

Thank you.

#4050 3 years ago

I have both transparent red and clear available. The red was an idea of another Pinsider and I have sold probably 35-40 red ones. Personally I prefer the clear. I disconnected the two flashers at the back of the playfield with the intent to put colored dome covers on them through the back board, but just haven't gotten around to doing it.

Lot of info on this ramp so I generally cut and paste the following info...

High Speed is one of the ramps that I offer assembly on as well as a couple other "options". There are three metal pieces on the original ramp that must be transferred to the new ramp...Specifically...the large bracket on the left side, the main plate under the center and the small bracket at the exit. These pieces need to be riveted to the new ramp. I offer to do this as well as polish all the metal for $20...it's a good deal if you are not set up to rivet....almost everyone has me do the assembly...I've assembled over 100 of them. Additionally, most have opted to relocate the stop light to the left rear corner. This requires an extension to the games wire harness and I offer a Molex extension to make this easier. Lastly, the ball guide on the uphill inside turn is usually pretty beat up...I can install your old one or I offer a new spring steel piece for that for $5.

The ramp itself is available in clear or transparent red.

So, in summary...

New clear ramp w/flap $90
Transparent red ramp w/flap $100
Shipping $16

Options:

Assembly with your parts $20
Molex Harness extension $8
New ball guide $5

Obviously for me to do the assembly, you would need to remove the parts and send them to me (See photo for the parts that need to be transferred). As far as the stop light is concerned, I do not predrill for it to me mounted on the ramp.. You would need to do that and if you decide to do that, I will instruct you on how to do it....Note if you purchase the new ball guide, you do not need to send me the piece with the red X.

If I do the assembly, I can turn them in just one day.

IMG_0414 (resized).JPGIMG_0414 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 12.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/81?hl=impzilla and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.