IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 103.
#352 7 years ago

Looks like dye would work perfectly for the anti-grav ramp on Strange Science.

#353 7 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Looks like dye would work perfectly for the anti-grav ramp on Strange Science.

Good call... I agree! I'll try and squeeze that one in too!

#354 7 years ago

Dyeing looks to be a great solution for colored ramps. Looking forward to seeing what comes next.

#355 7 years ago

I'm in for a time machine ramp as well.

#356 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Have you done any scratch testing on the died ramp? What does it look like if scratched? How about after being cleaned with novus?
Question above was posted in another thread....
Perfect questions. Scratching has no affect on the color. The dye I am using completely penetrates the PETG....basically color all the way through it. I just took the first test piece and sliced off the end of the ramp to show that the color completely penetrates (see photo). So polishing is no problem. I also just ran a torch over it for those who like to flame polish and it acts just like the original clear PETG.

WOW!!! Now if you could match the green of the BF ramps you'd have a winner. Thanks for taking the time for testing this out Mark.

#357 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

WOW!!! Now if you could match the green of the BF ramps you'd have a winner. Thanks for taking the time for testing this out Mark.

There is one other green choice and I will get my hands on it and test that color soon.

#358 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

There is one other green choice and I will get my hands on it and test that color soon.

Thanks Mark.

#359 7 years ago

Dr dude main ramp, or rollergame "wall ramp" a possibility?

#360 7 years ago

Project I slipped in for a local friend. Any guesses? Personally, I would never have guessed this as I don't know the machine that well.

Happy 4th!

IMG_1147_(resized).JPGIMG_1147_(resized).JPG

#361 7 years ago

I believe that would be Champion Pub?

#362 7 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

I believe that would be Champion Pub?

LOL Winner!

#363 7 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

Another ramp (subway) that nobody make is the subway for Earthshaker. I know mine is being held together with glue and tape. I can get the other 3 ramps but that subway is impossible to find.

This would be a smart ramp to produce especially now that CPR is reproducing the playfield. Many would purchase just to complete the above and below restoration completely!

#364 7 years ago

I'm in if the WCS ramp becomes reality, even both ramps.

Also Data East Star Trek subway ramp is something that I would commit to immediately if it was available.

#365 7 years ago

I'd be in for an earthshaker subway ramp.

#366 7 years ago

This guy and his products are awesome! Bought a swords of fury upper fit like a glove it was perfect!

#367 7 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

I'd be in for an earthshaker subway ramp.

You know, speaking of your avatar. I think a transparent blue ramp for Space Shuttle would be super sweet. It would really make the playfield pop since the playfield is pretty dark. I'd be in for one of those also and put led strips underneath of it.

#368 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

You know, speaking of your avatar. I think a transparent blue ramp for Space Shuttle would be super sweet. It would really make the playfield pop since the playfield is pretty dark. I'd be in for one of those also and put led strips underneath of it.

Space Shuttle is a definite once I get the new machine running!

#369 7 years ago

Elvira and the party monsters ramp. That one would be a crowd favorite.

#370 7 years ago

This is a pretty cool thread. Keep up the good work.

Do you take commissions? I have a rare game that has a couple of small ramps. Probably not a lot of demand for them other than me.

#371 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Yeah, I'd take one of those.

#372 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It might be a good idea to bend a metal "cliffy" around that bend.

I wonder if my Bugs Bunny tweety U-turn or JM U-turn protectors would fit that wcs turn
http://www.passionforpinball.com/bbbb.htm
http://www.passionforpinball.com/jm.htm

#373 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Elvira and the party monsters ramp. That one would be a crowd favorite.

#374 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

My Strange Science is way down in my restoration queue, I'd be happy to send you my busted one if that helps. I think finding a good one will prove to be very difficult.

well since i'm sort of the defacto strange science guy I could lend Mark my antigrav. It's damn nice. I just have to get it back here in the shop, probably next week.

#375 7 years ago

Testing some PETG coloring today. Getting more on Tuesday. Also had a request for a smoked tint. Looks doable, but it is quick.

IMG_1149_(resized).JPGIMG_1149_(resized).JPG

#376 7 years ago

I think I need a new ramp for my Highspeed.....colored one this time...maybe rainbow?

#377 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Testing some PETG coloring today. Getting more on Tuesday. Also had a request for a smoked tint. Looks doable, but it is quick.

Nice color choices. Green comes Tue.?

Quoted from Freeplay40:

I think I need a new ramp for my Highspeed.....colored one this time...maybe rainbow?

Rainbow???? I gotta see that.

#378 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Green comes Tue.?

Yes on testing the greens. Colors are pretty pure so may have to mix a little.

#379 7 years ago

Let me know if you need anything if you decide to take on the comet main ramp project. Mine is a bit shot with no decals but all original with factory drill holes and such. LOVE MY COMET! BE happy to help and test. Lol.

#380 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Yes on testing the greens. Colors are pretty pure so may have to mix a little.

Sounds like a pain.

#382 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I guess I'll take your used clear one at a discount!

#383 7 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

I guess I'll take your used clear one at a discount!

Mine is actually a little unique. I installed mine without any hold down screws at the entrance, so no holes in my flap!

#384 7 years ago

Interesting. Does it affect ball trajectory? If the ball hits it (not a direct ramp hit) does it move?

#385 7 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Interesting. Does it affect ball trajectory? If the ball hits it (not a direct ramp hit) does it move?

Smooth as glass. All has to do with how well placed the bracket on the left outside of the entry is secured.

#386 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Curious, is your name really milton?

No Sir, it is not.
My alias from the DTV vs. skylabbs.com days.

Milton

#387 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Challenge: Dye just the bottom of the ramp an asphalt gray. You know, like its a road!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#388 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah, I'd take one of those.

Me too. I have a brand new black repro I could use when I restore my game, but I'd much rather have a clear or maybe colored ramp.

#389 7 years ago

So...Think I have an orange that will work for the bottom of the Time Machine ramp. Testing a new blue for the Strange Science Anti-Gravity ramp today. Will be testing another green for Batman Forever, but could not get it locally.....Had to order so probably about a week before I can test that one.

#390 7 years ago

This should work fine for the Strange Science Anti-Gravity. Put some coins under it to demo the transparency.

IMG_1152_(resized).JPGIMG_1152_(resized).JPG

#391 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

This should work fine for the Strange Science Anti-Gravity. Put some coins under it to demo the transparency.

Love it!

#392 7 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

I wonder if my Bugs Bunny tweety U-turn or JM U-turn protectors would fit that wcs turn
http://www.passionforpinball.com/bbbb.htm
http://www.passionforpinball.com/jm.htm

I would love to know the answer to this. That section def gets a beating.

#393 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Woo!

#394 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I'm thinkin that may work for the Pinbot ramp too!

#395 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I'm thinkin that may work for the Pinbot ramp too!

+2!!

#396 7 years ago

That yellowy-green on the right looks really close to the color of the G ramp on GNR! Looks awesome, thank you again for all that you do!

#397 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Looks great! Im in.

#398 7 years ago

Time Machine Star Warp ramp. So local Pinsider MDK has loaned me a couple Time Warp ramps. After a close look at these I might not be able to do them simply due to the design. Original ramps were general formed over machined aluminum molds. There is a very tight space between the two lanes of the ramp as well as down into it. On an aluminum mold these would be very thin walls that the plastic molds down over. Maybe 3/16" at the bottom of the "wall" narrowing done to almost nothing at the top of them. The materials I use for molds would not holdup that thin. Unless I can figure out how to incorporate aluminum or some metal into the mold, I'm afraid these may be undoable. Given the complexity of this ramp I expect the cost would be $200+ and that alone may kill it.

I do love a challenge, but this one might just consume me! I'll ponder this for a while to see if I can figure out a way to do it.

#399 7 years ago

On another note, since I'll be pondering the Star Warp ramp, I'd like to do the Strange Science Anti-Gravity ramps. I posted something locally for a donor but got no takers.....So looking for a set or ramps to be loaned so that I can make molds. Originals along with a free set of new ones to the donor... I need a fairly intact set to make molds from so that I can be sure of all the proper mounting. Let me know if interested.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 72.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
West Palm Beach, FL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.