IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,098 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 102.
#3901 4 years ago

I am looked for a set of Gottlieb Genesis Ramps please.

Thanks,
Rob

#3902 4 years ago

If this is the right place to put it, I'd be interested in replacement ramps for Surf'n'Safari. Most critically the long right yellow ramp and the red 'whirlpool' ramp.

#3903 4 years ago
Quoted from Leeezard:

Our Comet would have likely been parted out if it wasn't for you.

I once commented to someone that I felt like I had saved the game Genesis by making new ramps for it. He replied, "No, you just drove the price up!"

The Comet ramps have been very popular. I'm anxious to reproduce the center ramp for it. Life has pulled me away from pinball for the last two months, but the good news is I will be finished dealing with my mother's estate this weekend!!!! I'm no spring chicken, and all of this work has really exhausted me so may take just a day or two to relax.

My agenda.... Complete the Black Rose ramps and get those shipped.....NOT take on any new pieces until I get the Heater built!!!

I have some catching up to do and while I work on the heater I will continue to make ramps on demand.....just no new ramps for the time being. I also hope to test a new ramp mold material that I'm hopeful will work well for TMNT and even possibly Time Machine.....and maybe Batman Forever too.

#3904 4 years ago
Quoted from Leeezard:

Oh hey, that's me!
Seriously though, thank you Mark for the amazing work you've done supplying ramps to the community. Our Comet would have likely been parted out if it wasn't for you.

Superb article, congrats! (OK, the article definitely needs a copy editor, but still great to see)

Lots of great pics. Also excited to hear about this home brew fantasy game???

#3905 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Superb article, congrats! (OK, the article definitely needs a copy editor, but still great to see)
Lots of great pics. Also excited to hear about this home brew fantasy game???

Thank you! Yeeeah, AL.com are nice folks but they really need someone to proof read. 'Course it's Alabama; we're try'n our bestest.

It's a Zelda themed homebrew, btw. I really need to update the thread here, but this month has been crazy.

#3906 4 years ago

Last house in my Mother's estate was listed today. Still catching my breath and turning back to ramps. Have some catching up to do, both with ramps and my Shop! I generally make a lot of dust when finishing ramps, however it pales in comparison to sawdust created when making new cabinets (For the house sale). Right now my shop is an utter mess...couple days and it will be back to normal chaos. Upgrading some of my fabrication tools as well.

I was supposed to meet with the donor for the Black Rose ramps back in mid December.....Life got in the way, but finally went out to his house in Redmond today to test fit the first finished Black Rose ramps.....perfect fit.

Side by side photos below of the originals and the new ones. I modified the protectors both in length and rivet positions. Have not set the price yet, but can offer them with the new protectors or without the protectors, predrilled for your existing protectors. To mount your existing you would need to be able to rivet. There is one bracket at the end of the Whirlpool ramp that I won't attempt to recreate. This piece will need to be transferred from the old ramp to the new ramp.

Not pictured, but I will also offer a new Lexan cover for the Whirlpool.

IMG_1641 (resized).JPGIMG_1641 (resized).JPGIMG_1642 (resized).JPGIMG_1642 (resized).JPGIMG_1645 (resized).JPGIMG_1645 (resized).JPG
#3907 4 years ago

BEAUTIFUL!!!
I'm definitely in for both ramps with your longer protectors added whenever you get the chance to do them in bulk

#3908 4 years ago

Yes...those are stunning. I will want both ramps complete with protectors when you are finished...thanks for doing these!

#3909 4 years ago

Boobies! Can’t wait for the ramps

#3910 4 years ago

how's the new heater comming mark?

#3911 4 years ago
Quoted from bassplayer67:

Well let's see...It's in the queue! Dealing with financial details on the estate this week, cleaning out my garage/shop which suffered heavily with the work I had to do on one of the houses and upgrading my fabrication tools. In addition to actually building the heater, I need to do quite a bit a fabrication to incorporate it into the new machine. Will likely spend most of this coming weekend getting my back order ramp requests satisfied as well as start the production of the Black Rose pieces. My past fabrication/welding was done with a cheap HF welder. I decided to upgrade so am picking up a Miller MIG/TIG welder tomorrow with gas for both steel and stainless steel. Already purchased a Plasma cutter. I like to build things so having the right tools is just a "must"....right?

#3912 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I like to build things so having the right tools is just a "must"....right?

One of the reasons I love my wife is that she will never ask me to justify the cost of a tool. She knows that if I need it bad enough that I'm buying one, I need it.

#3913 4 years ago

Boy you have a lot on your plate Mark. Sorry about what you been going though with your estates and everything else. You do great work...

#3914 4 years ago

Question:
Will you be doing the red ramps for Data East Phantom of the Opera?
I got a game for repair and...
The main ramp is broken, and on top of that, the guy how owns it, he left the game
outside in the sun and melted it.
Regards.

#3915 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Question:
Will you be doing the red ramps for Data East Phantom of the Opera?
I got a game for repair and...
The main ramp is broken, and on top of that, the guy how owns it, he left the game
outside in the sun and melted it.
Regards.

I haven't really considered anything for Phantom of the Opera yet.

#3916 4 years ago
Quoted from bassplayer67:

Still cleaning out may garage and making backorder ramps. I did get my new fabrication welder upgraded from a basic Harbor Freight welder....

Welder (resized).jpgWelder (resized).jpg
#3917 4 years ago

These are interesting times right now. While trying to get caught up on back orders due to my 2 month estate hiatus, I have had a bit of a flood of ramp requests in the past few days for folks that are either choosing to shelter in place or forced to shelter in place and finding this is a good time to work on pins. With my health issues in recent years and...yes, I'm old... I have been somewhat hunkered down as well. Post above shows my new fabrication tools and I have been venturing out to get materials I need for the new heater fabrication, fearing a state ordered "stay in place" is imminent. Several local cities (Everett to the north of me and Edmonds to the west of me), today have ordered "stay in place" and chances are good it will happen here where I am. I may take one more trip out today for some structural metal so I have what I need (If they are even open!).

I certainly won't be bored with so much to do.

#3918 4 years ago

Be safe, your health is more important than pinball ramps.

#3919 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

These are interesting times right now. While trying to get caught up on back orders due to my 2 month estate hiatus, I have had a bit of a flood of ramp requests in the past few days for folks that are either choosing to shelter in place or forced to shelter in place and finding this is a good time to work on pins. With my health issues in recent years and...yes, I'm old... I have been somewhat hunkered down as well. Post above shows my new fabrication tools and I have been venturing out to get materials I need for the new heater fabrication, fearing a state ordered "stay in place" is imminent. Several local cities (Everett to the north of me and Edmonds to the west of me), today have ordered "stay in place" and chances are good it will happen here where I am. I may take one more trip out today for some structural metal so I have what I need (If they are even open!).
I certainly won't be bored with so much to do.

Stay safe. Risking your health for some pinball ramps just isn't worth it.

#3920 4 years ago

You’re a boss, Mark. As prt of that recent flood, please consider my order as “when you can get around to it”. I’m pulling a couple Projects (with a capital P) out of storage, but it’ll be a minute before they’re ready for ramps.

#3921 4 years ago

Mark thanks for your work.. Be safe on your journey.

#3922 4 years ago

stay safe, and know that for many people, getting your ramps will spur them into a full shop job on their machines and keep them sane and preoccupied during these troubling times.

#3923 4 years ago

You are in one of the "hot zones" for the virus. With your age and health history, be abundantly cautious. Folks can wait a few more weeks/months for ramps that they haven't had in years.

#3924 4 years ago

Well, I guess it was inevitable. Washington State now in lockdown state wide. Going to slip out tomorrow and get a couple orders shipped. Not sure what the Post Office is doing, but I ship most of my stuff domestically via Priority Mail which I can have picked up at my house. Havne;t done that before, so guess I'll have to check that out.

#3925 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Well, I guess it was inevitable. Washington State now in lockdown state wide. Going to slip out tomorrow and get a couple orders shipped. Not sure what the Post Office is doing, but I ship most of my stuff domestically via Priority Mail which I can have picked up at my house. Havne;t done that before, so guess I'll have to check that out.

All shipping services should remain open everywhere. There may or may not be a front desk open, but the self serve machines should still be running and you can drop off your packages through the drawer.

#3926 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

All shipping services should remain open everywhere. There may or may not be a front desk open, but the self serve machines should still be running and you can drop off your packages through the drawer.

Hoping this as well although some of my packages will not fit through the drop bin.

#3927 4 years ago

I pick up my plastic from a vendor that is about 40 miles away. I usually order around 6 full sheets of plastics whenever I go (2 different sizes)…..enough for about 72 forming pieces. I placed an order yesterday that will be available for pickup on Thursday....then the Washington went into lock down...But, it appears they can choose to be exempt from the lockdown as an "essential" business". Good!...because I am just about out of plastic!

I'm hopeful I will still be able to source some metal stock I may need for the machine!

#3928 4 years ago

I agree with the previous posts, health comes first, ramps for us lot is a distant 2nd. It might be also a good time to mention that postage will be slower for international orders, possibly for interstate one's in the US also. I recently had a package sent from my Shipito account in CA to over the pond here and although it only takes a few days to arrive it was held up in customs for a full 7 days (normally only takes a day or so) I would imagine this will be true for most countries in the current situation so some extra patience will be required. Let's all hope things get back to some sort of normal soon!!
Stay safe everyone!

2 weeks later
#3929 3 years ago

Ok 20 days and no activity on this thread is unheard of. Mark is everything ok or have you just been consumed with that new heater?

#3930 3 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Ok 20 days and no activity on this thread is unheard of. Mark is everything ok or have you just been consumed with that new heater?

Just bought a ramp from Mark last week. Looks and works great!

#3931 3 years ago

Shhh..... He's busy working on Comet center ramps! At least I'm telling myself that. On a serious note I hope all is well with you Mark.

#3932 3 years ago

What??? I must have dozed off....Been getting caught up on a backlog of requests....pretty current now. There was a run on ramps when this COVID-19 deal starting getting serious. Did some maintenance work to my existing machine.

Kind of tough sourcing materials for the fabrication right now, but have enough to get the heater assembly incorporated into the new machine so working on that now. Once I get the heater frame mounted on the machine I can start putting it together.

Hit a milestone for my first ramp this week (High Speed). Sold number 200!

#3933 3 years ago

I have a question to the ramp people on the group - I have a Gottlieb Surf'n'Safari that's not likely to get remade ramps, and the right ramp has been repaired in the past with epoxy, and is starting to crack where the ball drops off of the wire form drop.

Should I take the ramp off and put plexi behind the crack, mix up epoxy and smooth it out and let it dry?

TIA!

#3934 3 years ago

If I want to stop a crack in its tracks, I use this product. This is also what I use to cement the Lexan ring under the Space Station ramp drop hole where the plastic is very thin. It is available at many hobby stores and probably most plastic retailers. It has the consistency of thick syrup, sets up quickly (always put the cap back on the tube immediately after use!) and dries clear. Good band-aid fix for those lower entrance edges that crack too.

https://www.amazon.com/SCIGRIP-10315-Acrylic-Cement-Low-VOC/dp/B003HNFLMY

Practice first!

Edit... I should also mention that I do not try to fuse the edges of the crack, but lay a bead over it...doesn't hurt to get some in the actually crack, but more like applying a band-aid.

#3935 3 years ago

Just picked up my Hook Ruffio replacement ramp, looks and feels awesome! ultra clear and the thickness alone will make it outlast the rest of the machine

Packaging and shipping was superb as well (took about 14 days to NL from US)

#3936 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Sorry...years away at best.

Hello@freeplay40, no possibilities ?
thx

#3937 3 years ago

I have casually started shipping ramps for Black Rose so will toss this out to everyone who is interested at this time. I will be working this weekend putting the ramps together.

Both ramps include all flaps and the new extended protectors. Prices shown below include the new riveted protectors. If anyone is interested in reusing their own original protectors for a reduced price let me know.

Black Rose Whirlpool ramp $120
Black Rose left Ramp $125
New Cover for Whirlpool ramp $18
Shipping for the two ramp set $16

There are ramp decals available for the Whirlpool but nothing for the left ramp at Planetary/Bay Area Amusements. There is no decal available for the Whirlpool ramp cover....your existing ramp cover will fit on my new ramp.

I will simply accept orders regardless of where you are on the list as I will get to everyone who is interested.
IMG_1646 (resized).JPGIMG_1646 (resized).JPG

#3938 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I have casually started shipping ramps for Black Rose so will toss this out to everyone who is interested at this time. I will be working this weekend putting the ramps together.
Both ramps include all flaps and the new extended protectors. Prices shown below include the new riveted protectors. If anyone is interested in reusing their own original protectors for a reduced price let me know.
There are ramp decals available for the Whirlpool and one decal for the left ramp at Planetary/Bay Area Amusements. There is no decal available for the Whirlpool ramp cover....your existing ramp cover will fit on my new ramp.
I will simply accept orders regardless of where you are on the list as I will get to everyone who is interested.[quoted image]

dude, send me my bill! Didn’t know your shipping.

#3939 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

There are ramp decals available for the Whirlpool and one decal for the left ramp at Planetary/Bay Area Amusements. There is no decal available for the Whirlpool ramp cover....your existing ramp cover will fit on my new ramp.
I will simply accept orders regardless of where you are on the list as I will get to everyone who is interested.[quoted image]

PM sent for both Black Rose Ramps!!!
Thank you for making these Mark!!

#3940 3 years ago

Is there any talk about South Park ramps being made

#3941 3 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Is there any talk about South Park ramps being made

Haven't considered South Park yet....sorry.

#3942 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Haven't considered South Park yet....sorry.

Ok thanks for the reply if there is please let me know ,I am sure there's lots out there that needs them too be done

Thanks bud take care
Stay safe

#3943 3 years ago

Definitely wanting both ramps Mark but i'm temporarily broke just forked out dollars for another Super Sprint, baddddddd timing I will PM you in the coming week sometime
On another note, i pre-empted the release of these ramps and removed all 3 decals from my left ramp (also the DJ locker ramp decal) and am in the process of having some made. I'm still waiting on the sign writer to get off his arse and finish them so i can't give a time/date as yet. I will have some spares as it wasn't viable to have just a couple of sets done.

#3944 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Definitely wanting both ramps Mark but i'm temporarily broke just forked out dollars for another Super Sprint, baddddddd timing I will PM you in the coming week sometime
On another note, i pre-empted the release of these ramps and removed all 3 decals from my left ramp (also the DJ locker ramp decal) and am in the process of having some made. I'm still waiting on the sign writer to get off his arse and finish them so i can't give a time/date as yet. I will have some spares as it wasn't viable to have just a couple of sets done.

No hurry. I'll have plenty.

#3945 3 years ago

Haven't read the whole thread but is there a chance of a Rollergames ramp being done? It's another one of the many variations of the High Speed ramp. And like most High Speed's almost every single ramp entrance is smashed to hell. They made a decent amount of the games. It is covered in decals and reasonably large though. So I can see why it's probably never been done before.

#3946 3 years ago

Any chance of a center ramp for Dr. Dude? Mine is pretty scratched up

Chris

#3947 3 years ago

PM sent for a set of ramps. Does anybody have all of the decals in one place?

#3948 3 years ago

Could really use Last Action Hero ramps if you have thought about those.

#3949 3 years ago

Honestly, at the moment I'm not thinking about any that I have not already acknowledged as I am trying to focus on getting the new heater incorporated into the new machine. Casually shipping out the Black Rose ramps and this COVID-19 crap appears to have spurred many to order ramps because they have time on their hands.

#3950 3 years ago

What kind of riveter do you use?I need a good one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 5,098 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 102.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/79?hl=jaytrem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.