IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 103.
#3651 4 years ago

Whirlpool ramp decal numbers..
31-1655-3-SP
31-1655-4-SP
31-1656-5-SP

I do not see a number on the "Whirlpool" decal on the ramp cover.

left ramp
31-1655-1-SP
31-1655-2-SP
31-1656-3-SP

#3652 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Whirlpool ramp decal numbers..
31-1655-3-SP
31-1655-4-SP
31-1656-5-SP
I do not see a number on the "Whirlpool" decal on the ramp cover.
left ramp
31-1655-1-SP
31-1655-2-SP
31-1656-3SP

Awesome will see if these can be done

#3653 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I honestly haven't played around with decals for several years. I recreated some plastics for my High Speed years ago with reverse image water slide decals which were then shot with white paint for the translucence. It took some experimenting to get the color saturation just right but in the end, they looked great. The hardest part was to get the black dense enough. I handled that by simply making an exact duplicate of the plastic image and removed all color except the black. I then just ran the decal through the printer again only printing black over the already printed decal. Printer (Ink Jet) lines it up perfectly for the second pass of just the black.
Bottom line is I think good quality reproductions can be made with a bit of tinkering if necessary.

Quoted from Freeplay40:

I honestly haven't played around with decals for several years. I recreated some plastics for my High Speed years ago with reverse image water slide decals which were then shot with white paint for the translucence. It took some experimenting to get the color saturation just right but in the end, they looked great. The hardest part was to get the black dense enough. I handled that by simply making an exact duplicate of the plastic image and removed all color except the black. I then just ran the decal through the printer again only printing black over the already printed decal. Printer (Ink Jet) lines it up perfectly for the second pass of just the black.
Bottom line is I think good quality reproductions can be made with a bit of tinkering if necessary.

It’s really not difficult with the right materials. I’ve made entire plastic sets for old games with unobtanium plastics. You’ll need access to a HIGH quality printer. I use an Epson that shoots archival pigment based inks. Deep, rich blacks and resistant to fading for around 100 years. Print on good quality archival photo paper. Cut out and adhere to the bottom of plastic, ramp, etc with Drytac (an optically clear micro thin two sided adhesive film).

Edit: I must’ve been thinking about this in my sleep because the first thing I thought when I woke up this morning was that although this has worked great for flat plastics, it might not work as easily for ramps due to the curving, twisting nature of the plane in some applications. I suppose if you got the shape just right you could still do it with paper, but for ramp decals where there is a twist involved the project better served doing it on flexible material (maybe vinyl?). Interesting challenge.

#3654 4 years ago

Do you plan to make roller coaster tycoon ramps ?

#3655 4 years ago
Quoted from KoSLoW:

Honestly, have not even consider them yet.

#3656 4 years ago

Quite a few of the earlier Stern machines are hard or impossible to find ramps for Mark, so there might be some good candidates for the new heater
I know i have mentioned the HUGE left ramp on Monopoly before as that one is non existent in the wild, although the right ramp is still available. Having said that, whether they are viable contenders as far as people needing them enough to warrant making the molds to do them...well that's another thing

#3657 4 years ago
Quoted from KoSLoW:

I would buy a set for sure

#3658 4 years ago

Transporter and Radical ramps.

I believe I have contacted everyone who had indicated interest on these two ramps sets. Basically sold out now, but if I have missed anyone who is still interested let me know and I will get you what you want. I do expect I will produce these on demand again in the future, but other than any last minute requests now, I will table and start a new list for these so I can move on to the heater.

#3659 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Honestly, have not even consider them yet.

Ok , i just bought this pinball and every RCT has broken entrance ramps. I never see a perfect RCT. I think if you create this one you will sell a good batch included me ^^

A6D455C7-A027-4BFF-A53F-0923AC1DB65C (resized).jpegA6D455C7-A027-4BFF-A53F-0923AC1DB65C (resized).jpegBCFDAD5F-9992-4B30-82F8-F249954DDA72 (resized).jpegBCFDAD5F-9992-4B30-82F8-F249954DDA72 (resized).jpeg
#3660 4 years ago

Good god, that ramp looks like a nightmare to reproduce lol

#3661 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Good god, that ramp looks like a nightmare to reproduce lol

Yes XD the most important is the right smaller ramp

#3662 4 years ago

Consider me a +1 for Jokerz ramps

#3663 4 years ago

Once you get your larger heater up and going, I'm in for a Demo Man set and would really love a Dirty Harry set....pretty please!! Thanks for all you do!

#3664 4 years ago

Thank You Mark, I received my ramps for the Transporter.

Next Up??

#3665 4 years ago

I check this thread multiple times a day. Love it when there's no posts from Mark. I figure it means there's a better chance he's playing with the new heater!

#3666 4 years ago

Any chance of doing ramps for last action hero ?

#3667 4 years ago
Quoted from pfinny:

Any chance of doing ramps for last action hero ?

Not anytime soon....sorry

#3668 4 years ago

+1 for TMNT ramps, thx for all you do!

#3669 4 years ago

Praying for the Space Shuttle ramp? Unobtanium not sure how many peeps here are in same boat? Restored SS assuming ramps
were available only to find out no dice.

#3670 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Praying for the Space Shuttle ramp? Unobtanium not sure how many peeps here are in same boat? Restored SS assuming ramps

You, me, and lots of people. I have 3 machines waiting for ramps. Guessing many many more out there

#3671 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Posted by Mark 10 months ago in this thread:

"Not yet on the Space Shuttle ramps. Will require the new heater. This ramp and the Comet center ramp will be the first ones I do."

I want a Comet center ramp so I'm right there with you guys, although I still have a functioning original ramp. That's why I said a few days ago that when Marks quiet I'm happy,......and hopeful!

#3672 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

Posted by Mark 10 months ago in this thread:
"Not yet on the Space Shuttle ramps. Will require the new heater. This ramp and the Comet center ramp will be the first ones I do."
I want a Comet center ramp so I'm right there with you guys, although I still have a functioning original ramp. That's why I said a few days ago that when Marks quiet I'm happy,......and hopeful!

Count me in on a Space Shuttle ramp too...hell, I'd prepay. I did for the Hardtop I bought for the machine. I'm hoping to make this my winter project this year.

#3673 4 years ago

How much for wwf rr ramp?

#3674 4 years ago

How much for a wwf rr ramp?

#3676 4 years ago

OK... I know I have been quiet on the Space Shuttle ramps. As you all know, I need the bigger heater IF I am going to do them. Starship Fantasy has indicated that he will do them, but he has yet to commit to them. So....When my heater is done and I could do them, if they are not on the near horizon with Starship, I will do them.

#3677 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

OK... I know I have been quiet on the Space Shuttle ramps. As you all know, I need the bigger heater IF I am going to do them. Starship Fantasy has indicated that he will do them, but he has yet to commit to them. So....When my heater is done and I could do them, if they are not on the near horizon with Starship, I will do them.

#3678 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I have asked Starship Fantasy at ever show I see him at about the SS ramp. His response is always "It will be available in about 3 months". It has been over 3 years, and I don't see him remaking the ramp anytime soon.

I would be interested in a kydex version if you do reproduce them.

#3679 4 years ago
Quoted from La4s:

I would be interested in a kydex version if you do reproduce them.

I will admit that the Kydex material is pretty cool. If and when the time comes, I would consider it, but it would require commitment from at least 8 individuals to do it. I really don't like doing ramps in black ABS, but Kydex is just such a great material...super strong. I could probably warrant those for life....uh, my life that is...I'm 67 on Sunday!

#3682 4 years ago

Happy birthday... cheers

#3683 4 years ago

Wwf rr price please. Interested

#3684 4 years ago

Happy BDay!

#3685 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I will admit that the Kydex material is pretty cool. If and when the time comes, I would consider it, but it would require commitment from at least 8 individuals to do it. I really don't like doing ramps in black ABS, but Kydex is just such a great material...super strong. I could probably warrant those for life....uh, my life that is...I'm 67 on Sunday!

Have a happy bday!
Having followed this thread and seeing others online desiring a SS ramp, I think if the time comes you could get 8 committed fairly quickly...

#3686 4 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

Have a happy bday!
Having followed this thread and seeing others online desiring a SS ramp, I think if the time comes you could get 8 committed fairly quickly...

I'd commit to one now.

#3687 4 years ago

You are so old! Happy Birthday!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#3688 4 years ago

On the Space Shuttle Ramps - How much would those cost? Sure we could get 8 or more folks I might buy an extra one or two if it becomes official and we are shy a few folks.

#3689 4 years ago

I'd buy one as well. I understand this is only a maybe once the new heater is operational. But I'd put a deposit if the helps

#3690 4 years ago

What exactly is a kydex ramp?
I'll assume you will sell 50+ space shuttle ramps.
Not sure how many kydex, since I'm not sure what it is.

There will always be someone that needs a space shuttle ramp, so there is zero chance he will be stuck with extras.

#3691 4 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

What exactly is a kydex ramp?

Kydex is a very strong plastic. In black, it looks a lot like ABS in that it is shiny/smooth on one side and textured on the other side. Kydex vacuum forms very nicely. It is used to make plastic gun holsters, aircraft interiors and even jet engine cowlings. Guessing $15 to $20 extra for Kydex over ABS. I doubt I would have any trouble getting quite a few to commit to the Kydex. Perfect for those that want to maintain an original look while getting a ramp that is probably at least 10 times stronger than ABS.

#3692 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Kydex is a very strong plastic. In black, it looks a lot like ABS in that it is shiny/smooth on one side and textured on the other side. Kydex vacuum forms very nicely. It is used to make plastic gun holsters, aircraft interiors and even jet engine cowlings. Guessing $15 to $20 extra for Kydex over ABS. I doubt I would have any trouble getting quite a few to commit to the Kydex. Perfect for those that want to maintain an original look while getting a ramp that is probably at least 10 times stronger than ABS.

If you decide to do it I will
Buy 2. Thanks

#3693 4 years ago

I'd be in for Space Shuttle also. Finally got my high speed ramp installed. Thanks Mark! And happy birthday!

Now to dress up the area....

IMG_20191106_183142686 (resized).jpgIMG_20191106_183142686 (resized).jpg
#3694 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Cant wait for demoman. I'll take a set.

I will take 2 sets of Demolition Man Ramps, excited, got one nice pin with no ramps, desperate also

#3695 4 years ago

I'd be in for a Space Shuttle ramp as well!

#3696 4 years ago

Will prepay for 3 space shuttle ramps if it makes it happen a bit sooner. Been waiting 2 years already

#3697 4 years ago
Quoted from Demoman1:

I will take 2 sets of Demolition Man Ramps, excited, got one nice pin with no ramps, desperate also

If DM is a reality, I'm in for 3 sets.

#3698 4 years ago

I saw some mention of Jokerz a couple pages back. I’d sure like to see Jokerz ramps come to production!

#3699 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Thanks for the reply.
I had your clear high speed ramp and honestly warranty or durability isn't a concern.
I think i'd be most interested in how the blue looks installed on a machine.
No matter what, i'm buying one version, which version, just not sure yet.

#3700 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

...I'm 67 on Sunday!

Wahooo! Happy Birthday Mark.
With the social security money you can build the new Heater.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/74?hl=la4s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.