IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 103.
#3501 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Working on both the Transporter and Radical right now. Some of the first finished Radical ramps....[quoted image]

Awesome can't wait.

#3502 4 years ago
Quoted from Code:

Will you be making any TMNT plastic ramps in the near future? I believe there is some small demand for these.

The demand is bigger than "small"! Ha!

#3503 4 years ago

Minor hiccup on the Radical ramps. Up until now I have been ordering this particular thickness of plastic from my local vendor. They do not as a practice, stock this thickness, so when I order, it takes 2-3 weeks for me to get it. The last order I received had just too many flaws in it for me to use a lot of them....I will be returning this to the vendor for credit. Now the good news... I have located a new vendor just north of Tacoma that regularly stocks this thickness of plastic and was competitive on the price. Normally, he can cut what I need same or next day, but my timing wasn't the best as his guy that cuts plastic will be on vacation next week. That said, I will get the next order in on Sept 8-9, which is still much faster than I would have gotten it from my current vendor who I have lost confidence in with this thickness. I have enough good product to cover most of the orders, but those toward the bottom of the list will have just a little more wait.

#3504 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I will get the next order in on Sept 8-9, .

You mean October ?

#3505 4 years ago
Quoted from pfinny:

You mean October ?

LOL...How time flies! Yes....October.

#3506 4 years ago

Radical Ramps Update.

While I wait a bit for the next plastic purchase so I can complete the list for the Radical ramps, I'm going to start shipping in just a couple days.

So here is the deal. I'm going to offer individual prices for the Upper left ramp (in 3 versions), the Vertical ramp and the Vertical ramp cover. A typical package would be the upper left ramp in any version, the Vertical ramp and the vertical ramp cover. Any combination order of 3 or more pieces I will knock off $5 per piece.

Individual Prices:

Upper left no cut-out for VUK $125
Upper left with cut-out for VUK $125
Upper left with VUK cut-out and factory VUK cut-out cover $135

Vertical Ramp $125
Vertical Ramp cover $25

Order 3 or more pieces take $5 per piece off.

I will figure out shipping shortly.

As soon as I figure out the domestic shipping I will start contacting folks on the list as well as confirming which upper left ramp version is desired.

Thank you for your patience....I know it seems like this stuff takes forever...... but I get there eventually!

Mark

#3507 4 years ago

Glad to hear it. If you think this feels like forever just remember my game has been down for 2.5 years now waiting for a ramp :/

#3508 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Glad to hear it. If you think this feels like forever just remember my game has been down for 2.5 years now waiting for a ramp :/

You are at the top of the list!

#3509 4 years ago

Freeplay40, Thank you for everything you are doing!!! Forgive me if this has already been addressed in the previous 70 pages....is there any intention to remake the other Radical ramps?

#3510 4 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Freeplay40, Thank you for everything you are doing!!! Forgive me if this has already been addressed in the previous 70 pages....is there any intention to remake the other Radical ramps?

One of the other two pieces for Radical is larger than my current heat source can handle...I can form larger plastic, but just not set up yet to heat larger plastic. What I'm doing right now is working to complete the two Radical ramps and the Transporter pieces. Once that is basically done, I will continue to get regular orders for stuff I've already made, but I will pause new ramp development (Considering slipping Black Rose in) while I finish the work on the new heat source. Once the new heater is operational, the first pieces I will do are the Comet center ramp and the two remaining Radical Ramps....after those probably Space Shuttle.

#3511 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Considering slipping Black Rose

Yes please!

#3512 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

but I will pause new ramp development (Considering slipping Black Rose in)

Best news Ive heard all week.

#3513 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

One of the other two pieces for Radical is larger than my current heat source can handle...I can form larger plastic, but just not set up yet to heat larger plastic. What I'm doing right now is working to complete the two Radical ramps and the Transporter pieces. Once that is basically done, I will continue to get regular orders for stuff I've already made, but I will pause new ramp development (Considering slipping Black Rose in) while I finish the work on the new heat source. Once the new heater is operational, the first pieces I will do are the Comet center ramp and the two remaining Radical Ramps....after those probably Space Shuttle.

I’m more excited about the new heater than anything else in the universe.

#3514 4 years ago
Quoted from radium:

I’m more excited about the new heater than anything else in the universe.

You are? Hell i'm so anxious I started a Gofundme page on Marks behalf to raise cash for the heater and a team of technicians to assemble it while Mark finishes up the mold for the Comet center ramp!

#3515 4 years ago

new heater! hope we didn't forget DR.DUDE ramp.

#3516 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

new heater! hope we didn't forget DR.DUDE ramp.

This new heater will be so badass , I bet Freeplay40 will be able to press and form an entire Dr Dude machine!

#3517 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

This new heater will be so badass , I bet Freeplay40 will be able to press and form an entire Dr Dude machine!

I’m pretty sure mark is Dr Dude

#3518 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Where you going to be able to do the left main ramp on Black Rose also? I definitely am in need of it. I would take a new set for BR.

#3519 4 years ago

Mark,

Do you have or will you be making main blue ramp for Pinbot?

#3520 4 years ago

At this moment, I have 2 Main transparent Blue/Red ramps left that just need to be finished (They are not finished because I can make them for Pinbot or Jackbot). One, I'm holding for someone so really only 1 available.

IMG_1404 (resized).JPGIMG_1404 (resized).JPG
#3521 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

At this moment, I have 2 Main transparent Blue/Red ramps left that just need to be finished (They are not finished because I can make them for Pinbot or Jackbot). One, I'm holding for someone so really only 1 available.[quoted image]

Sent PM. I would like to buy.

Stan

#3522 4 years ago

Just checking in on the thread after some time away. TRANSPORTER parts are looking great. Count me in for a set!!

#3523 4 years ago

Mark’s Pinbot ramp and visor installed! Put some comet matrix in behind and a Pinduino strip on the ramp. So bright!

3AEC5F7E-4F5A-43DD-B12F-87CF159EC31E (resized).jpeg3AEC5F7E-4F5A-43DD-B12F-87CF159EC31E (resized).jpegD0691D0C-EC9E-4AC3-B25E-43F629436B64 (resized).jpegD0691D0C-EC9E-4AC3-B25E-43F629436B64 (resized).jpeg
#3525 4 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Mark’s Pinbot ramp and visor installed! Put some comet matrix in behind and a Pinduino strip on the ramp. So bright![quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great, congrats

#3526 4 years ago

Mike some of these? Please

51FB8000-F574-4834-A561-FC6744DA61E1 (resized).png51FB8000-F574-4834-A561-FC6744DA61E1 (resized).png
#3527 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Mike some of these? Please [quoted image]

Is that from Congo?

#3528 4 years ago

this is the most uplifting thread on pinside, like the lepers stepping forth to be healed. You can sense the excitement of machines that might be rescued.

#3529 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Mike some of these? Please [quoted image]

Are you missing one or is it just broken at the top.
I have a extra that is just broken at the top.

#3530 4 years ago

Yeah if that Congo Volcano ramp can be made you would be able to sell a lot of those things.

#3531 4 years ago

Space shuttle please.

#3532 4 years ago

Shipping the first two Radical Ramps in the morning to the original donor (@dung). Note that the upper left ramp has the two light brackets riveted to the new ramp...because he sent them to me. Not included in my offering. Those brackets are normally riveted, but could just as easily be attached with small screws and nuts for those not set up to rivet.

IMG_1510 (resized).JPGIMG_1510 (resized).JPG
#3533 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Since I do not have any pieces to this plastic bowl, can anyone help me get part numbers or actual parts to the bowl...
The flasher inserts (they’re blue I think)
The lamp socket
Switch[quoted image][quoted image]

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8172-13

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/24-8812

I found these, plus the twist lock blue dome ...

Does the socket fit in the base possibly??? Anyone know ?

#3534 4 years ago

The Radical pieces pictured below are now available. There are three different versions available of the upper left ramp. The original version on the left has the cut-out for the VUK. The version in the center is what I refer to as the "transition" piece. When the VUK was eliminated from the game, existing inventory of ramps with the VUK cut-out were provided a cover for the VUK cut-out. The version on the right is the newest version where the cut-out for the VUK was eliminated.

The second photo shows the new Vertical ramp and also the available new ball control cover.

Upper ramp original version $125
Upper ramp "transition" version with new cover $135
Upper ramp newest version $125

Radical ramp $125
Radical ramp cover $25

Package deal for the three pieces $260 ($270 if "transition version of upper ramp selected) There are a few of you who have requested additional sets...for each piece above the "package" simply take off $5 per piece.

Shipping for just the Upper ramp or the Vertical ramp $16
Shipping for the upper ramp, Vertical ramp and Vertical ramp cover $20
Shipping for just the Vertical ramp cover $10

Shipping for more pieces than shown above will be handled case by case based on what is ordered.

At this moment I only have 4 of the Upper ramps with the VUK cut-out simply because I was producing them secondly and ran into a bunch of unacceptable plastic that I am returning. I am picking up another order of plastic from another vendor for these on Tuesday.

I have a list but rather than spend the time to work through the list I'll let these go first come first serve as it is my ultimate intention to cover everyone interested.

Thanks....Mark

IMG_1512 (resized).JPGIMG_1512 (resized).JPGIMG_1513 (resized).JPGIMG_1513 (resized).JPG
#3535 4 years ago

Yes comet center can't wait..Your the man.

#3536 4 years ago

Keep checking back for demo man ramps.

#3537 4 years ago

Last Action Hero Tar Pit Ramp.....

#3538 4 years ago

Blackwater 100 ramps please!

#3539 4 years ago
Quoted from Crans:

Space shuttle please.

+1 PUHLEEEEEEESE!!!

#3540 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah if that Congo Volcano ramp can be made you would be able to sell a lot of those things.

i just picked up a brand new one this week, they are out there, just gotta know where to go!!!

#3541 4 years ago

How do I go about ordering a set of clear genesis ramps?

#3542 4 years ago
Quoted from Spillzy1:

How do I go about ordering a set of clear genesis ramps?

pm sent...

#3543 4 years ago

Oh, and did we mention... SPACE SHUTTLE ?!?!

#3544 4 years ago

I'll add +1 for space shuttle

#3545 4 years ago

Have you done or can you do the GTB Genesis ramps in color? Pink/Purple?
thx
izzy

#3546 4 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Have you done or can you do the GTB Genesis ramps in color? Pink/Purple?
thx
izzy

The original ramps are not colored plastic...rather they were painted on the bottom side and a crappy paint job as well. When I first did the ramps I did produce a couple that were airbrushed painted pink. Real pain in the ass, especially while trying to do a good job, but still try to do a crappy job. The clears were overwhelmingly requested so I simply never did a colored set again. As far as dying them, I could do blue, but in conjunction with the blue request was to do the other in green. Not a lot of ramps done in green and I have yet to even attempt to mix the proper green. There is no stock dye for either the blue or the green so they have to be mixed. I do a lot of blue stuff so I have figured out that mix....haven't figured attempted the green mix yet.....maybe when I get to Grand Lizard. As far as pink or any other color, again no other demand for these colors.

I only did 2 pink painted sets and a couple others in blue. Over 98% of the orders have been clear, so that's all I offer. Genesis is somewhat unique in that it has artwork under the ramps so the clears work well.

#3547 4 years ago

I can tell you that if you use green, the ramp will be teal. To get green you need to mix 1 part green with 2 parts yellow.

#3548 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

The original ramps are not colored plastic...rather they were painted on the bottom side and a crappy paint job as well. When I first did the ramps I did produce a couple that were airbrushed painted pink. Real pain in the ass, especially while trying to do a good job, but still try to do a crappy job. The clears were overwhelmingly requested so I simply never did a colored set again. As far as dying them, I could do blue, but in conjunction with the blue request was to do the other in green. Not a lot of ramps done in green and I have yet to even attempt to mix the proper green. There is no stock dye for either the blue or the green so they have to be mixed. I do a lot of blue stuff so I have figured out that mix....haven't figured attempted the green mix yet.....maybe when I get to Grand Lizard. As far as pink or any other color, again no other demand for these colors.
I only did 2 pink painted sets and a couple others in blue. Over 98% of the orders have been clear, so that's all I offer. Genesis is somewhat unique in that it has artwork under the ramps so the clears work well.

Thx for the info. I'll decide between clear and blue and let you know.

Did you see these original WMS ramp molds for sale on Ebay?

ebay.com link: collectibles arcade jukebox pinball pinball merchindise

#3549 4 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Did you see these original WMS ramp molds for sale on Ebay?

Old school stuff. No CNC cutting back then so once molds were made and plastic formed, they used jigs to cut them out and position the mounting holes.

#3550 4 years ago

Im told here is where to request Jokerz ramps. Pretty Please.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

2,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, OH
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.