IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 103.
#3451 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

You mean...this one? These are ready for final finishing.[quoted image]

That is freaking beautiful!

D2AD112E-C7A8-4F93-B67A-6EF23CDFC205 (resized).jpegD2AD112E-C7A8-4F93-B67A-6EF23CDFC205 (resized).jpeg
#3452 4 years ago

Looks like you are almost ready for them. I have already formed the Cross-Over covers as well. Just need to do the right ramp.

#3453 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Looks like you are almost ready for them. I have already formed the Cross-Over covers as well. Just need to do the right ramp.

transporter spilled its guts on my floor, sometimes for healing to happen, things get worse before they get better

#3454 4 years ago

Sweet. Be sure to reserve my spot on the list. Hope you saved me a Pinbot blue-red ramp as well

#3455 4 years ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

Sweet. Be sure to reserve my spot on the list. Hope you saved me a Pinbot blue-red ramp as well

The Transporter list? All three pieces?

#3456 4 years ago

Yes, all 3. And the pinbot blue red ramp. Thanks for making these! Party ZONE next? Nudge nudge wink wink....

#3457 4 years ago

First completed Radical Vertical ramp with new Lexan cover installed. Off this afternoon for a final test fit.
IMG_1505 (resized).JPGIMG_1505 (resized).JPG

#3458 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Off this afternoon for a final test fit.

...perfect fit.

#3459 4 years ago

Bally atlantis on your list in the near future? Bought this game with the ramp mia, It Does have lift ramp.

#3460 4 years ago

I’d be in on Bally Atlantis ramp as well

#3461 4 years ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

Yes, all 3. And the pinbot blue red ramp. Thanks for making these! Party ZONE next? Nudge nudge wink wink....

these pinbot or bride of pinbot???????????

IMG_1064 (resized).JPGIMG_1064 (resized).JPG
#3462 4 years ago
Quoted from trumpy:

these pinbot or bride of pinbot?

Nahh Pinbot ramps man but all the BOP one's are still available though.

#3464 4 years ago

Please sign me up for a Diner lift ramp. Thanks!

#3465 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

...perfect fit.

That’s totally rad!

#3466 4 years ago

Hey there, any chance you'll do this popeye ramp? Can't manage to find it anywhere (blue, top left)

Captureramp (resized).JPGCaptureramp (resized).JPG
#3467 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Hey there, any chance you'll do this popeye ramp? Can't manage to find it anywhere (blue, top left)[quoted image]

To be honest?...Probably when there are no other ramps to make. This is the only request I have ever seen for this game.

#3468 4 years ago

I love your brutal honesty

#3469 4 years ago

Last Action Hero Blue Tar Pit Ramp!!!! They are basically unreplacable right now. I would predict a pretty big demand.

#3470 4 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

Last Action Hero Blue Tar Pit Ramp!!!! They are basically unreplacable right now. I would predict a pretty big demand.

I would be in for a couple of those too.

#3471 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Still eager for a Comet center ramp. Hopefully not too far off.

yup and hurricane lower ramp too. hopefully mark will follow up on games he's already made ramps for when he gets the new oven.

#3472 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

So, the post above shows how my day started. I will cast a new mold for the fractured Radical ramp today. I have already successfully formed two of the Transporter pieces and although the third mold has been ready for probably a couple weeks, I have been hesitant to attempt to mold it fearing I just would not be able to do it as its height and width are just the most I have ever attempted on the current machine. This ramp was originally formed on a female mold. I could have gone that route and it would have been easier to form. When vacuum forming into a female mold the plastic thins as it is pulled down into the mold. This is most critical at the entrances of ramps due to the plastic being the thinnest at the two bottom edges of the entrance and generally where we see the most failure due to the ball having the most energy when it smashes into the entrance. That coupled with the fact that plastic degrades and becomes more brittle over time...it cracks. Whenever possible, I prefer to form on a male mold as it puts more plastic on the bottom of the ramps and especially at the bottom edges at the entrance....just plain better.
So as my day started poorly, it took a turn for the good. Threw the third mold on the machine and successfully formed this piece... [quoted image]

just curious what do you use to cut these out, mark?

#3473 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

To be honest?...Probably when there are no other ramps to make. This is the only request I have ever seen for this game.

well yeah, at least that's honest

#3474 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

just curious what do you use to cut these out, mark?

Ax and a hand saw

#3475 4 years ago
Quoted from pfinny:

I would be in for a couple of those too.

I would be in for one as well.

#3476 4 years ago

Tar Pit for LAH would be a must! Someone just recently posted an OEM of it, but wants a good chunk of change for it. It would be perfect for replication. This plastic piece is very particular and needs to be replicated.

#3477 4 years ago

+1 for Last Action Hero ramps, please!

#3478 4 years ago

+1 for last action

#3479 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Tar Pit for LAH would be a must! Someone just recently posted an OEM of it, but wants a good chunk of change for it. It would be perfect for replication. This plastic piece is very particular and needs to be replicated.

Is there a link so I can see it?

#3480 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Is there a link so I can see it?

post #2183
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-club-come-on-in/page/44#post-5153910
Supposedly sold, it was advertised at $425

#3481 4 years ago

First finished piece for Transporter. In the foreground is a new one and the original.

IMG_1506 (resized).JPGIMG_1506 (resized).JPG
#3482 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I don't foresee any reproduction I would make being an exact copy of the original. I have two suitable examples loaned to me by a local Pinsider. The original design is basically impossible to mold with the materials I use. Very thin areas that with respect to a mold for this ramp(s) would need to be machined aluminum to withstand the forming...and separating process. As I sit in my chair here typing, the two originals are within sight...just such a crazy design. At this point I can only imagine a redesign and molded in two separate pieces....so much time to do that and even at $200+ a copy...probably more than most would want to spend. To be honest, at least at the moment, I think my time is better spent elsewhere. I suspect lacking a design epiphany on my part, that this reproduction is doubtful.
Collaboration? If there is a machinist out there that wants to create that mold in machined, polished aluminum, feel free to pm me and we'll work out a revenue share!
Never say never...but not today!

I would be in at $200.

#3483 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

First finished piece for Transporter. In the foreground is a new one and the original.[quoted image]

How awesome!

#3484 4 years ago

Any news on the radical ramps?

#3485 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Any news on the radical ramps?

Actually, yes. Already set up for the final machining on the Vertical ramp and will be ready today to start machining the upper ramp today... Will be shipping soon.

#3486 4 years ago

Mark's Pinbot ramp....I have mine disassembled and will be installing the blue/red. I have new decals for it, but was not 100% on using them as the color nice too. Thought about running a comet matrix strip underneath it instead. What have some others done?

#3487 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

First finished piece for Transporter. In the foreground is a new one and the original.[quoted image]

Since I do not have any pieces to this plastic bowl, can anyone help me get part numbers or actual parts to the bowl...

The flasher inserts (they’re blue I think)
The lamp socket
Switch

6F05981D-D81F-480B-9B44-B0EE66D78CFD (resized).jpeg6F05981D-D81F-480B-9B44-B0EE66D78CFD (resized).jpegB42EFE10-2322-43C8-BA6C-AE45451825AB (resized).pngB42EFE10-2322-43C8-BA6C-AE45451825AB (resized).png
#3488 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Since I do not have any pieces to this plastic bowl, can anyone help me get part numbers or actual parts to the bowl...
The flasher inserts (they’re blue I think)
The lamp socket
Switch[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow...Those might be tough to find...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Something to consider is an alternative to original setup for those flashers. If you could come up with an alternative to how the flasher is hung, you could then simply attach to domes to the piece... We could custom finish one of the covers to accommodate an alternative.

#3489 4 years ago

A standard dome would easily fit on the piece, mounted above or below. Just machine a slightly smaller hole in the piece and eliminate the two snap in ends to the stock hole. Just need to figure out how to attach the lamp socket.

IMG_1509 (resized).JPGIMG_1509 (resized).JPG
#3490 4 years ago

Working on both the Transporter and Radical right now. Some of the first finished Radical ramps....

IMG_1508 (resized).JPGIMG_1508 (resized).JPG
#3491 4 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

+1 for last action

+1 for tar pit Last Action Hero ramp here as well. They're impossible to find.

#3492 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Wow...Those might be tough to find...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Something to consider is an alternative to original setup for those flashers. If you could come up with an alternative to how the flasher is hung, you could then simply attach to domes to the piece... We could custom finish one of the covers to accommodate an alternative.

Quoted from Freeplay40:

A standard dome would easily fit on the piece, mounted above or below. Just machine a slightly smaller hole in the piece and eliminate the two snap in ends to the stock hole. Just need to figure out how to attach the lamp socket.[quoted image]

Good ideas! Let’s see if any parts come out of the wood work, I am a master of modifying things cleanly but would like to hopefully find the pieces

#3493 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Good ideas! Let’s see if any parts come out of the wood work, I am a master of modifying things cleanly but would like to hopefully find the pieces

If it comes down to a modified cover I can do that....Also, if you are interested, I have the ramp parts for the upper ramp.

#3494 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Working on both the Transporter and Radical right now. Some of the first finished Radical ramps....[quoted image]

I can’t wait for the call to order my radical ramps.

#3495 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

If it comes down to a modified cover I can do that....Also, if you are interested, I have the ramp parts for the upper ramp.

Yes sir, what ever hardware you have to offer; I will take. I’m running on bare bones and have only a little reference . Thank you!

#3496 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Just need to figure out how to attach the lamp socket.

Might be able to use a later Stern style flasher socket?, only requires a round hole with a notch either side but i'm not sure about the diameter size.

#3497 4 years ago

I wish you all would leave Mark alone for a while. He needs to focus all of his attention on getting that new larger heater built so he can then focus on the center ramp for Comet.

#3498 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Might be able to use a later Stern style flasher socket?, only requires a round hole with a notch either side but i'm not sure about the diameter size.

Or something like these?
http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=A-14265-13

#3499 4 years ago

Will you be making any TMNT plastic ramps in the near future? I believe there is some small demand for these.

#3500 4 years ago
Quoted from Code:

Will you be making any TMNT plastic ramps in the near future? I believe there is some small demand for these.

Possibly, but not soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Cloverdale, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/70?hl=metal-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.