IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 103.
#3401 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

There was a guy a couple years ago that offered me an obscene amount of money for a Black Belt ramp. Told him it just didn't work that way and he should just wait for either me or someone else to reproduce it....hope he sees this if he still wants one.

He just contacted me!

#3402 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

He just contacted me!

Is he still offering an obscene amount of money?

#3403 4 years ago

On transporter, I don’t think there would be much consequence to leaving these big flat parts off of the ramp, unless someone thinks there’s structural integrity involved. My thought; if the plastic is thicker overall for the new ramp, and structural integrity is not lost , don’t include the flat parts if the current heater can handle it.

557BF6D1-A787-4005-BB3F-9B2585EDACE3 (resized).jpeg557BF6D1-A787-4005-BB3F-9B2585EDACE3 (resized).jpeg
#3404 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Is he still offering an obscene amount of money?

I only dream of those prices!

#3405 4 years ago

The Black Belt ranks right up there with the G ramp for Guns 'n Roses.....challenging to say the least. Attached photos of the first production ramp with a new clear cover for @fanofpinball. Delivering it, returning his Radical ramps and also delivering a first production of the Radical upper ramp tomorrow.

IMG_1490 (resized).JPGIMG_1490 (resized).JPGIMG_1491 (resized).JPGIMG_1491 (resized).JPG
#3406 4 years ago

Beautiful, absolutely stunning, great work!!

#3407 4 years ago

Delivered the first Black Belt ramp today. His ramp was pretty damaged and we initially had a tough time getting it in...then we realized some of the band-aids installed over it's life, specifically a metal protector of some sort at the center entrance was fouling things up. Once we removed that, it was a perfect fit.

IMG_0497 (resized).JPGIMG_0497 (resized).JPG
#3408 4 years ago

Looks great!!! When will these be for sale?

#3409 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I only dream of those prices!

Ill offer you an obscene amount of money for Goldeneye ramps

#3410 4 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Looks great!!! When will these be for sale?

Production this week.

#3411 4 years ago

After we got the new Black Belt ramp installed, fanofpinball commented that the new ramp was very smooth likely due to the removal of the band-aid fixes. We played a game as soon as it was assembled and James said it was his best game ever! I honestly don't recall if I have ever played the game before this but really enjoyed it.

#3412 4 years ago

Just recently found this thread and it's really exciting to see someone remaking all of these previously unobtainium ramps. I had always hoped more people would be doing this!
Freeplay40, is there a post in the 69 pages (nice) about your process and how you work and what you'd eventually like to accomplish and such?

#3413 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Freeplay40, is there a post in the 69 pages (nice) about your process and how you work and what you'd eventually like to accomplish and such?

Too deep for me. I make ramps because people need them and I enjoy contributing to the hobby.

#3414 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Too deep for me. I make ramps because people need them and I enjoy contributing to the hobby.

and that's rad too!
Is this just a side hobby or a main gig? Keep doing what you're doing. You're helping save games for future generations!

#3415 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

and that's rad too!
Is this just a side hobby or a main gig? Keep doing what you're doing. You're helping save games for future generations!

I'm retired and do this pretty much full time.

#3416 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I'm retired and do this pretty much full time

Super! going to spread your work far and wide. https://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?p=218033#p218033

#3417 4 years ago

Just sliding in, to mention the need for left ramps on an Escape from the Lost World elusive buggers that are impossible to find as well would love to get some repo's in there and get out the old prepaid credit card repair work

fantastic work on all the other ones as well my friend!

#3418 4 years ago

UPS just came...CPR Gold

IMG_1494 (resized).JPGIMG_1494 (resized).JPG
#3419 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

UPS just came...CPR Gold[quoted image]

Nice!! Your work is equally important !!!!!!!!! Any news on demolition man right ramp or tray where claw drops ball

#3420 4 years ago

I will begin shipping the new Black Belt ramp on Friday. Had to order a special box to fit this one nicely.

New ramp with new clear cover installed $150
New ramp with no cover $135
Shipping $16 (Estimate at the moment...need to get one packaged and weighed)

There is a unique bracket on the left side of the ramp that is riveted to the ramp. This will need to be transferred to the new ramp. I am considering fabricating this bracket and offering it installed for $15.

IMG_1496 (resized).JPGIMG_1496 (resized).JPGIMG_1499 (resized).JPGIMG_1499 (resized).JPGIMG_1500 (resized).JPGIMG_1500 (resized).JPG
#3421 4 years ago

Just packed up the first Black Belt with the cover and the bracket so I could see the weight. Shipping is confirmed at $16... 1 pound 15 Ounces!

I am also able to fabricate the bracket at the left ramp exit and install for $15

Accepting orders now. If you see this feel free to contact me. Later tonight or in the morning I will send pm's to everyone on my list.

#3422 4 years ago

Look forward to getting this thanks again for doing this for such a limited run machine!

#3423 4 years ago

Well done. Looks great.

#3424 4 years ago

I got my Ramps and got them installed yesterday and they look and function awesomely!!! Thank you so much Freeplay40 !!!!

And please put me on the list for the Center Ramp too!
Before_md (resized).jpgBefore_md (resized).jpgAfter_med (resized).jpgAfter_med (resized).jpg

After_2_med (resized).jpgAfter_2_med (resized).jpg
#3425 4 years ago
Quoted from johndheretic:

I got my Ramps and got them installed yesterday and they look and function awesomely!!! Thank you so much freeplay40 !!!!
And please put me on the list for the Center Ramp too!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That Red jump ramp looks great. I'm very happy with my Kaydex ramp but might want a red jump ramp also when the center ramp is ready also.

#3426 4 years ago

Radical update....

The Vertical ramp mold is almost sufficiently cured and in the mean time I went ahead and formed one so I can check it for fit with my friend's machine. Finishing the Vertical mold will only take a day or two after I confirm fit. I did place an additional order for the thick plastic for these ramps and I see I have been charged so it's on the way. I will start forming the upper ramps, maybe yet today or certainly by tomorrow.
IMG_1501 (resized).JPGIMG_1501 (resized).JPG

#3427 4 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

I'm very happy with my Kaydex ramp

I probably should have guaranteed those Kydex ramps for life! I guessed it to be at least 50 times more durable than the original.

#3428 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Radical update....
The Vertical ramp is almost sufficiently cured and in the mean time I went ahead and formed one so I can check it for fit with my friend's machine. Finishing the Vertical mold will only take a day or two after I confirm fit. I did place an additional order for the thick plastic for these ramps and I see I have been charged so it's on the way. I will start forming the upper ramps, maybe yet today or certainly by tomorrow.[quoted image]

Super stoked for these ramps!

#3429 4 years ago

Well....Up early today to form the upper Radical ramps. First form...perfect...second form...snapped the mold! The vacuum machine I use is very powerful. I use a mesh under the forms to distribute the vacuum. I left the upper edge of the form hanging off the mesh and I paid for it! Typically when I make a form I do quite a bit of finishing and often will use Bondo for minor repairs. This mold did not have a smooth bottom...actually slightly convex upward which is commonly seen in old ramps. I corrected this with Bondo to make it perfect. As I said, the first form today came out perfect. I will immediately cast another mold from this perfect form. Will take a while to cure, but once done it really requires little to no finishing. I had already formed a few a couple days ago so as this new cast cures I will perfect the machining process as well as wait for the additional plastic to arrive.

I have most of the Black Belt folks taken care of so will switch focus also to the Transporter ramps. I have successfully formed two of the three pieces and today will be the test to see if I can form the big one.

#3430 4 years ago

So, the post above shows how my day started. I will cast a new mold for the fractured Radical ramp today. I have already successfully formed two of the Transporter pieces and although the third mold has been ready for probably a couple weeks, I have been hesitant to attempt to mold it fearing I just would not be able to do it as its height and width are just the most I have ever attempted on the current machine. This ramp was originally formed on a female mold. I could have gone that route and it would have been easier to form. When vacuum forming into a female mold the plastic thins as it is pulled down into the mold. This is most critical at the entrances of ramps due to the plastic being the thinnest at the two bottom edges of the entrance and generally where we see the most failure due to the ball having the most energy when it smashes into the entrance. That coupled with the fact that plastic degrades and becomes more brittle over time...it cracks. Whenever possible, I prefer to form on a male mold as it puts more plastic on the bottom of the ramps and especially at the bottom edges at the entrance....just plain better.

So as my day started poorly, it took a turn for the good. Threw the third mold on the machine and successfully formed this piece...

IMG_1502 (resized).JPGIMG_1502 (resized).JPG
#3431 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

So, the post above shows how my day started. I will cast a new mold for the fractured Radical ramp today. I have already successfully formed two of the Transporter pieces and although the third mold has been ready for probably a couple weeks, I have been hesitant to attempt to mold it fearing I just would not be able to do it as its height and width are just the most I have ever attempted on the current machine. This ramp was originally formed on a female mold. I could have gone that route and it would have been easier to form. When vacuum forming into a female mold the plastic thins as it is pulled down into the mold. This is most critical at the entrances of ramps due to the plastic being the thinnest at the two bottom edges of the entrance and generally where we see the most failure due to the ball having the most energy when it smashes into the entrance. That coupled with the fact that plastic degrades and becomes more brittle over time...it cracks. Whenever possible, I prefer to form on a male mold as it puts more plastic on the bottom of the ramps and especially at the bottom edges at the entrance....just plain better.
So as my day started poorly, it took a turn for the good. Threw the third mold on the machine and successfully formed this piece... [quoted image]

Yes yes yes!!!! (For transporter)

Man, what a drag about the radical form, so bummed for you. Thanks for working so hard!

#3432 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Man, what a drag about the radical form, so bummed for you.

Seriously, not a big deal. Just a loss of time. I've already cast a new one this afternoon. The recasts are always better than the first cast which generally has repairs done to it. I have plenty to do with normal requests and Transporter.

#3433 4 years ago

Today's a great day! Thanks Mark, the Black Belt ramp arrived today, absolutely beautiful as usual! Install was easy, just had to elongate one of the screw holes a tiny bit. Now that the game plays, it's time to put some real time and effort into cleaning it up and making it play as good as it is going to. Lots to do, I'm afraid, but as always the journey is as much fun as the destination!

Thanks once more, I'll probably still hit this thread a couple of times a day for a while I think, it's become a real habit for me.

#3434 4 years ago

I don't know if it's been asked. Any chance of doing the Police Force center ramp?
thx

#3435 4 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

I don't know if it's been asked. Any chance of doing the Police Force center ramp?
thx

Police Force ramps are available at Starship Fantasy. If you just want the center ramp, he [Larry, at Starship Fantasy] only offers that one in the two ramp set.

#3436 4 years ago

is there an informal request system? Like with the CPR playfields, maybe as a community we can start indicating the parts we need / would order if made available?

#3437 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

is there an informal request system? Like with the CPR playfields, maybe as a community we can start indicating the parts we need / would order if made available?

Typically....over the years....Pinsiders lobby within this thread what they need. Generally, there has to be some expectation on my part that I can sell enough pieces to warrant the amount of time it takes to bring a piece to production. That's generally how I operate. Occasionally I take on what I consider to be favors to the community where I do not expect very many sales, but for these pieces, if I don't make them no one else will. I am doing two of these now with Black Belt and Transporter.

Everything I have made and in most cases continue to provide on demand is listed in the first post in this thread on page 1.

#3438 4 years ago

I don't have any of the games listed in this thread but wanted to express my appreciation for such a great contribution to the hobby. There would be so many dead games out there with unusable ramps without all your hard work!

#3439 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I don't have any of the games listed in this thread but wanted to express my appreciation for such a great contribution to the hobby. There would be so many dead games out there with unusable ramps without all your hard work!

2 of the pins I currently own could not be played without Freeplay40 providing ramps to the pinball community

#3440 4 years ago

Still eager for a Comet center ramp. Hopefully not too far off.

#3441 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Police Force ramps are available at Starship Fantasy. If you just want the center ramp, he [Larry, at Starship Fantasy] only offers that one in the two ramp set.

I don't need them both.
thx

#3442 4 years ago

The Black Rose people are waiting patiently!

#3443 4 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

I don't need them both.
thx

Sometimes you have to take what you can get.
Buy them both, sell the one you don't need.
I've also found that buying one ramp usually exposes how bad the other is.

There are so few ramp makers, I personally don't expect to see duplicates.
I'm sure it would make no financial sense.

#3444 4 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

I don't need them both.
thx

I've been asked several times to do the center ramp for Police Force. Since that ramp is already available at Starship, unfortunately in a two ramp set, it just doesn't make sense for me to produce it. Larry and I try to avoid any duplication of effort.....focusing on what is not available. I know it can be a little painful for the wallet, but I agree with what many say here on Pinside...If you see it...buy it. I expect when Larry runs out of the stock he has, most likely they will not be run again.

#3445 4 years ago

Demo Man, Demo Man, Demo Man...I would buy all 4 "ramps".

#3446 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I've been asked several times to do the center ramp for Police Force. Since that ramp is already available at Starship, unfortunately in a two ramp set, it just doesn't make sense for me to produce it. Larry and I try to avoid any duplication of effort.....focusing on what is not available. I know it can be a little painful for the wallet, but I agree with what many say here on Pinside...If you see it...buy it. I expect when Larry runs out of the stock he has, most likely they will not be run again.

I'll probably end up buying both.
Thx for the responses
izzy

#3447 4 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

The Black Rose people are waiting patiently!

its been a few months. +One bump for Whirlpool Black Rose ramp!!

#3448 4 years ago

+1 for Jokerz

#3449 4 years ago

How’s the main transporter ramp, is it playing nice with your tools?

#3450 4 years ago

You mean...this one? These are ready for final finishing.

IMG_1503 (resized).JPGIMG_1503 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 85.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/69?hl=alexmogil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.