IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,098 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 102.
#3351 4 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Freeplay40, I have not been following along very closely here. Great to see Radical ramps being made! When do you need to be on the list by? My game is in storage yet and I will get it and examine the ramps closely. I remember 1 ramp has a chunk out of it.

Kind of hard to say on this one as it required a thickness of plastic that I do not presently use for anything else. I have I think about 32 sheets of this plastic and at least 14 folks on the list.....some buying two sets. In total I'd guess I have close to 28 ramps on the list if everyone took both. Once I am sold out I will start another list and when I have enough requests, I will special order the plastic again.

#3352 4 years ago

So I am pretty sure it is the "Vertical" ramp that I need. I will get you good info soon.

#3353 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Nice! Getting closer to Comet time!

Heater! Heater! Heater! ... HEEEEAAATTTEERRRRR! Woooo!

#3354 4 years ago

Any chance of a Data East JP subway?
I would really like a new one

#3355 4 years ago

Hi Freeplay40 any chance or plans for Goldeneye ramps? Thanks

#3356 4 years ago
Quoted from cougtv:

Quoted from J85M:

Hi freeplay40 any chance or plans for Goldeneye ramps? Thanks

Never say never, but have quite a few to do before I consider any more. Working to complete the Transporter pieces, the Black Belt and also the two pieces for Radical. Once I get these in production I will likely pause a bit on any new ramps....maybe slip Black Rose in...and focus on the new heater. Really want to get to the Comet main ramp and Space Shuttle.

#3357 4 years ago

Even though my comet main ramp is in pretty great shape, I'd prolly still pick up one from you for when the inevitable happens or change it out cause you'll have a cool color for it to go with my orange corkscrew and red skee ball ramps I got from you.

#3358 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Really want to get to the Comet main ramp

I found a thread from probably 7 years ago and a good one of those was worth gold even back then. I'll be in on one of those for sure.

#3359 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Never say never, but have quite a few to do before I consider any more. Working to complete the Transporter pieces, the Black Belt and also the two pieces for Radical. Once I get these in production I will likely pause a bit on any new ramps....maybe slip Black Rose in...and focus on the new heater. Really want to get to the Comet main ramp and Space Shuttle.

Black Rose ramps would be awesome before the heater rebuild

#3360 4 years ago
Quoted from cougtv:

This has been asked a few times. Freeplay40 has said he needs a larger heater to make the subway ramp. I posted me repairing my subway ramp in the JP forums.

#3361 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

This has been asked a few times. freeplay40 has said he needs a larger heater to make the subway ramp.

Quoted from Freeplay40:

I will likely pause a bit on any new ramps....maybe slip Black Rose in...and focus on the new heater.

#3362 4 years ago

0-din, It's cool brother I know...I'm just busting his chops. I'm almost done with my restore and thats the ramp I need

#3363 4 years ago

I'm new to this thread but am going to buy Comet ramps. Just trying to decide if I should get the red or black cycle ramp. Or perhaps both?

#3364 4 years ago

Freeplay40, I’m rooting for you! Transporter here we come!

#3365 4 years ago

Yes yes black rose, id buy all ramps u make for that game.
Im waiting patiently of course.

#3366 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm new to this thread but am going to buy Comet ramps. Just trying to decide if I should get the red or black cycle ramp. Or perhaps both?

I had a Comet with a clear red cycle jump ramp. I thought it looked great and better than the original black one.

#3367 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I bought both the red and extra strong black. The red looks amazing, but it nice to know I have a spare. The red is much tougher than the original but who knows if it can stand up to another 20 years of hits.

#3368 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I almost bought both, but I decided on red and don't regret it one bit. Attached pix of the orange corkscrew and the red skeeball (aka cycle) ramp

comet1.jpgcomet1.jpgcomet2.jpgcomet2.jpgcomet3.jpgcomet3.jpgcomet4.jpgcomet4.jpg
#3369 4 years ago

I do like that red on Comet.

#3370 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

And it looks even better in person! Really "wowed" me when I put it in.

#3371 4 years ago

Freeplay40 Can you run the smoke grey HS ramps if the CPR PF's come out?

#3372 4 years ago
Quoted from Completist:I had a Comet with a clear red cycle jump ramp. I thought it looked great and better than the original black one.
Quoted from jaytrem:

I bought both the red and extra strong black. The red looks amazing, but it nice to know I have a spare. The red is much tougher than the original but who knows if it can stand up to another 20 years of hits.

Quoted from Malenko:

I almost bought both, but I decided on red and don't regret it one bit. Attached pix of the orange corkscrew and the red skeeball (aka cycle) ramp[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from chad:

Quoted from jaytrem:

And it looks even better in person! Really "wowed" me when I put it in.

Thanks! This is why I came back to pinside. You guys are a most helpful bunch. In spending my money.

#3373 4 years ago

I'm still in for 2 Comet main ramps and please put me down for 2 Space Shuttle ramps.

#3374 4 years ago
Quoted from whizz:

I'm still in for 2 Comet main ramps and please put me down for 2 Space Shuttle ramps.

Fine, but I'm first in line.

#3375 4 years ago

Majority rules! I ordered the red.

#3376 4 years ago

How long do you think it will take to get the new heater going?

#3377 4 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

How long do you think it will take to get the new heater going?

I'm not very good with answering this question. Right now I am just trying to get through the Transporter, Radical and Black Belt reproductions. Once I get though these I will focus on the heater. I am incented to get to the heater as I am having doubts about my ability to form one of the Transporter pieces on my current set-up.

#3378 4 years ago

1st test form of the second Transporter ramp...

IMG_1479 (resized).JPGIMG_1479 (resized).JPG
#3379 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

OK...That was the bad news. Here's the good news. Not only did fanofpinball loan me the Radical ramp in the photo above, but he also loaned me the lower left ramp. Going to mold it too. Anyone interested in that one? His is missing some plastic on the right side of the entrance to the ramp, so would appreciate it if anyone has one of these ramps with an intact entrance and could provide a photo[quoted image]

I would definitely be interested in this one and any other Radical ramps you do. This is the one I need the most however as you can see.

XnBG3wHyTWyy+57F8cZChQ (resized).jpgXnBG3wHyTWyy+57F8cZChQ (resized).jpg
#3380 4 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I would definitely be interested in this one and any other Radical ramps you do. This is the one I need the most however as you can see.

On the list....

#3381 4 years ago

Mark, I will take one of each Radical ramps you make as well, if one of them is the "vertical" ramp that Clytor posted a pic of. Like Mike and Frank say "the time to buy it is when you see it"..........saying don't EXACTLY fit, but close enough.

#3382 4 years ago

Looks like I'm getting into a round 2 already for the radical ramps and given the lead time to get this thickness plastic, will likely place an additional order this coming week. I just got the Vertical ramp cast on Thursday. It will take another week to 10 days to cure. The upper left ramp is now cured and I am finishing it now. Expect I will start forming these either tonight or tomorrow.

As you know, there are two different designs for the upper left ramp....one with the original cut-out and a cover for the abandoned VUK and one where the cut-out was simply eliminated. I plan on offering both designs...Expect the one with the cut-out to be priced a little higher due to the extra cover piece. I will be reaching out soon to see which one each person wants. In the meantime, if you read this and have already been placed on the list, if you would let me know which you prefer I would appreciate it.

#3383 4 years ago

Mark doing these ramps sure makes me sad I didn't get that Radical few years back.

#3384 4 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Mark, I will take one of each Radical ramps you make as well, if one of them is the "vertical" ramp that Clytor posted a pic of. Like Mike and Frank say "the time to buy it is when you see it"..........saying don't EXACTLY fit, but close enough.

Side note: I don't give a _____ for the VUK. Make mine without.

#3385 4 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Side note: I don't give a ____ for the VUK. Make mine without.

Most should be without. Only the early games had it and even then not all early pf's had the hole cut to use it.

#3386 4 years ago

First formed Black Belt ramps....Radical Upper ramp tomorrow.....Radical Vertical ramp in a week to 10 days.

IMG_1480 (resized).JPGIMG_1480 (resized).JPG
#3387 4 years ago

Beautiful! I guess you did the test-fit already? Oh man I'm excited to play that game!

#3388 4 years ago
Quoted from panthera:

Beautiful! I guess you did the test-fit already? Oh man I'm excited to play that game!

This Friday.

#3389 4 years ago

Red Comet ramp arrived yesterday I think. Thanks! When I get home I'll open the box. Been real busy...

#3390 4 years ago

Another teaser. The Black Belt ramps will all be hand finished. Once I get a ramp formed I go through the process to finish as soon as I can so I can see a final product. One area I was really concerned with was the tab on the top of the ramp edge at the right side ramp exit. The model I have is paper thin in that area and already cracked. I used a forced heated plug to form this area and it turned out perfect!...Nice and thick now. Very happy with this first result.

IMG_1481 (resized).JPGIMG_1481 (resized).JPGIMG_1482 (resized).JPGIMG_1482 (resized).JPG
#3391 4 years ago

Wow looks very nice!

Hoping to replace this one

Quoted from Freeplay40:

Another teaser. The Black Belt ramps will all be hand finished. Once I get a ramp formed I go through the process to finish as soon as I can so I can see a final product. One area I was really concerned with was the tab on the top of the ramp edge at the right side ramp exit. The model I have is paper thin in that area and already cracked. I used a forced heated plug to form this area and it turned out perfect!...Nice and thick now. Very happy with this first result.[quoted image][quoted image]

B6CCDCCC-BAFC-467A-94C7-8B8CBE62F7D0 (resized).jpegB6CCDCCC-BAFC-467A-94C7-8B8CBE62F7D0 (resized).jpeg
#3392 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Another teaser. The Black Belt ramps will all be hand finished. Once I get a ramp formed I go through the process to finish as soon as I can so I can see a final product. One area I was really concerned with was the tab on the top of the ramp edge at the right side ramp exit. The model I have is paper thin in that area and already cracked. I used a forced heated plug to form this area and it turned out perfect!...Nice and thick now. Very happy with this first result.[quoted image][quoted image]

So excited. Now I just need some more GI in my machine so I can see the ramp. Nice work.

#3393 4 years ago

Can I get on the list for comet ramps?

#3394 4 years ago

What a HUGE asset to our community, thanks so much for the work you are doing!!

#3395 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

What a HUGE asset to our community

That's what I told him. He's a real shaker and a mover. A prototypical coffee achiever.

#3396 4 years ago

I'll take one of everything for Radical, and will send you the interest list I gathered last year.

#3397 4 years ago
Quoted from cougtv:

I'd be in for a set of JP, when the time is ready.

#3398 4 years ago

Eye Candy... This the first completed ramp, but I discovered something I need to address in the mold. Making another today. Will be heading south toward Tacoma on Saturday to deliver the first Black Belt and the upper Radical ramp to a friend. He's been after me for years to do the Black belt and also loaned me his Radical ramps. There was a guy a couple years ago that offered me an obscene amount of money for a Black Belt ramp. Told him it just didn't work that way and he should just wait for either me or someone else to reproduce it....hope he sees this if he still wants one.

On a general note, I am presently working on 8 new vacuum formed pieces for Black Belt, Transporter and Radical as well as a few associated pieces. This is the most I have ever done at one time. My house is, uh, a bit cluttered (actually very cluttered) and have someone coming on Saturday to pick up a WABAC ramp and view the ramp making process. Black Belt and the upper left Radical ramp will be the first ones available. If you are only interested in the upper left ramp for Radical, I will begin shipping those soon. Most seemed interested in both ramps for Radical and I expect to have the Vertical ramp mold ready in week to 10 days (curing). Amongst that stuff I will also be working on the Transporter pieces. Have not yet attempted the one large ramp yet....keeping my fingers crossed that I can form it on the current machine.
IMG_1483 (resized).JPGIMG_1483 (resized).JPG

#3399 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

There was a guy a couple years ago that offered me an obscene amount of money for a Black Belt ramp. Told him it just didn't work that way and he should just wait for either me or someone else to reproduce it.

That's too bad. I was going to offer you 1 MILLION Rupiahs for a Comet center ramp.

Ramp looks awesome!

#3400 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Eye Candy... This the first completed ramp, but I discovered something I need to address in the mold. Making another today. Will be heading south toward Tacoma on Saturday to deliver the first Black Belt and the upper Radical ramp to a friend. He's been after me for years to do the Black belt and also loaned me his Radical ramps. There was a guy a couple years ago that offered me an obscene amount of money for a Black Belt ramp. Told him it just didn't work that way and he should just wait for either me or someone else to reproduce it....hope he sees this if he still wants one.
On a general note, I am presently working on 8 new vacuum formed pieces for Black Belt, Transporter and Radical as well as a few associated pieces. This is the most I have ever done at one time. My house is, uh, a bit cluttered (actually very cluttered) and have someone coming on Saturday to pick up a WABAC ramp and view the ramp making process. Black Belt and the upper left Radical ramp will be the first ones available. If you are only interested in the upper left ramp for Radical, I will begin shipping those soon. Most seemed interested in both ramps for Radical and I expect to have the Vertical ramp mold ready in week to 10 days (curing). Amongst that stuff I will also be working on the Transporter pieces. Have not yet attempted the one large ramp yet....keeping my fingers crossed that I can form it on the current machine.
[quoted image]

Nice Work!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
There are 5,098 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 102.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/68?hl=metal-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.