Topic Stats

• 3,299 posts
  • 533 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by lordloss
  • Topic is favorited by 320 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 377 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190707_194408_sm (resized).jpg
C20FD0D0-B694-4777-B4F2-6D1B7EFBD8A8 (resized).jpeg
071CA317-8FA9-4195-B585-3C768B2387B3 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20190619_232310 (resized).jpg
20190619_232258 (resized).jpg
20190526_220417 (resized).jpg
WP_20190616_12_56_05_Rich (resized).jpg
IMG_1460 (resized).JPG
IMG_1458 (resized).JPG
IMG_1457 (resized).JPG
IMG_1454 (resized).JPG
IMG_1455 (resized).JPG
IMG_20190611_121827355 (resized).jpg
3002C8D7-0AB3-4D99-ABE9-15E57EC2D03C (resized).jpeg
856E6A61-B63D-4E4A-8508-76E5644A532C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 3299 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 66.
#3251 20 days ago
Quoted from spent85:

I am not sure if this is the right place, but I would love to buy a new subway for my Data East Jurassic Park, and a ramp too if possible, but definitely the subway!

Can you measure the JP Subway ramp end to end?

#3252 20 days ago

Transporter !

I just brought my restoration project home, playfield restoration time now, cabinet and boards finished

Super pumped that I should be done about the time ramps might be finished!!!

Awesome freeplay40!

image (resized).jpg
#3253 20 days ago

So, although the calendar says summer, it's been cool and damp here for the last week and looks like it will continue for a bit. This really slows down the curing of the molds. I have cast 8 different pieces to do the Transporter ramps (3 casts), and the Black belt (actually cast 4 pieces). The Black Belt has a clear cover and I cast three pieces to make a full "pie" so I can get three at a pull. Lastly, but will actually be first produced is the Radical ramp. I can do some work on the molds, but just below the surface you can still see a lot of moisture.

The Radical Ramp is probably 98% ready to use. Just needs a final sanding and a hole or two drilled in it....and yes, it is still curing. The thickness plastic I am going to use for the Radical ramp is .177". Next readily available thickness is .250 and that would be overkill. Everything is metric now, so .177 equates to approx. 4.5 mm.

My supplier does not have any .177 in stock so it will be coming up from Los Angeles....Looks like two weeks before I get it. Mold will certainly be sufficiently cured by then. First formed and finished will be for @dung (donor). Once I have the plastic, I will have his ready in just a day or two.

#3254 20 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Can you measure the JP Subway ramp end to end?

~23 inches from the long end to the other along the outside.

#3255 20 days ago

I'm so excited for demo man ramps!!!

#3256 20 days ago

Errrrrr...... everything I just said was wrong, so going to just remove it and move along.

#3257 20 days ago
Quoted from newovad:

~23 inches from the long end to the other along the outside.

Unfortunately that's just a little too long...another one for the new machine.

#3258 19 days ago

I would buy a JP subway too.

#3259 19 days ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

I would buy a JP subway too.

The JP subway ramp was discussed last year and Mark said it was too large for his current setup. I need a new one too

#3260 19 days ago

It has been mentioned several times in this thread, but I would really love to get a set of new left/center/right ramps for a JOKERZ!. The Upper Playfield is the only part that is easy to obtain. The ones I have are slightly cracked and one is slightly malformed around the flasher hole, but overall they are probably good enough to be used as a mold. I'd be happy to work something out where I send the ramps to you.

#3261 19 days ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

It has been mentioned several times in this thread, but I would really love to get a set of new left/center/right ramps for a JOKERZ!. The Upper Playfield is the only part that is easy to obtain. The ones I have are slightly cracked and one is slightly malformed around the flasher hole, but overall they are probably good enough to be used as a mold. I'd be happy to work something out where I send the ramps to you.

I have and will continue to consider those. Artwork for the upper ramps is not available.

#3262 19 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I have and will continue to consider those. Artwork for the upper ramps is not available.

For those of us that have ramps that just need to be replaced, the art can be transferred easily. It would also be possible to scan and print new ones. I'm just interested in getting the plastic ramp itself, which also seems to be the case for the others who have mentioned JOKERZ! in this thread.

I guess I'll just keep checking in now and again and see where you are with considering these.

#3263 19 days ago

Is anyone making decals for the Radical! Ramp?

#3264 18 days ago

+1 JOKERZ

#3265 18 days ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Is anyone making decals for the Radical! Ramp?

Not to my knowledge. I pulled mine off and cleaned the adhesive off. Planned on reusing them when the ramps come.

#3266 18 days ago
Quoted from dung:

Not to my knowledge. I pulled mine off and cleaned the adhesive off. Planned on reusing them when the ramps come.

Do you mind scanning them since you have them off? I’m sure someone will need the files soon . This would help tremendously!

#3267 18 days ago

Also would like to be on the list for Jokerz!

#3268 18 days ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Do you mind scanning them since you have them off? I’m sure someone will need the files soon . This would help tremendously!

I already contacted dung to see if he could scan them. Unfortunately, he does not have a scanner.

#3269 18 days ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I'm so excited for demo man ramps!!!

ME ALSO!!!!!

#3270 18 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Haven't considered that one yet, sorry.

I would love it if you done the y ramp for road kings, these are always yellow and cracked, I reckon you would sell a few.
Cheers
Paul

#3271 17 days ago
Quoted from Fezlar:

I would love it if you done the y ramp for road kings, these are always yellow and cracked, I reckon you would sell a few.
Cheers
Paul

Wouldnt the ramp be worth more then the game?

#3272 17 days ago

Somewhat Off topic hope you don’t mind but can anyone help me understand where to buy a ramp flap for Bally Atlantis? Where the ramps for Bally Atlantis ever considered? Thanks I’m advance

071CA317-8FA9-4195-B585-3C768B2387B3 (resized).pngC20FD0D0-B694-4777-B4F2-6D1B7EFBD8A8 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3273 10 days ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Somewhat Off topic hope you don’t mind but can anyone help me understand where to buy a ramp flap for Bally Atlantis? Where the ramps for Bally Atlantis ever considered? Thanks I’m advance[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like a complete new lift ramp is needed.

#3274 8 days ago

HS owners might be interested in a stoplight replacement that I am working on that should be an alternative to relocating the stock housing. Full credit to Freeplay, this was his idea

More info here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over/page/53#post-5082176

20190707_194408_sm (resized).jpg
#3275 7 days ago
Quoted from RobF:

HS owners might be interested in a stoplight replacement that I am working on that should be an alternative to relocating the stock housing. Full credit to Freeplay, this was his idea
More info here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over/page/53#post-5082176[quoted image]

You can buy the stock housing now at pinball life.... It's no longer unobtanium

#3276 7 days ago
Quoted from lordloss:

You can buy the stock housing now at pinball life.... It's no longer unobtanium

That's great, but you are missing the point. Goal here was a more realistically shaped housing.

#3277 5 days ago

Freeplay40: Can you make any ramps for Blackwater 100 or know of anyone with any?

#3278 5 days ago

I doubt I will ever attempt those. Too much artwork.

#3279 4 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I don't know which one would be worse. Blackwater 100, or Zaccaria inner backglasses.

-Hans

#3280 4 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

What if you just made generic ones?

#3281 4 days ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

What if you just made generic ones?

Too big anyway for now.

#3282 3 days ago

If you don't mind me asking, is there a way to make a mold from existing ramps that does not damage the existing ramp? I was wondering if you could coat it with something prior to using bondo or plaster?

#3283 3 days ago

It's hard to avoid some damage. While Bondo is nice when finished, if you try to cast with it, it will damage the original as it gets too hot.

#3284 3 days ago

I have Blackwater 100 tools but it just isn't a viable commercial option unless you want to pay 500-600 for a set.

#3285 3 days ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

I have Blackwater 100 tools but it just isn't a viable commercial option unless you want to pay 500-600 for a set.

Ouch!

#3286 3 days ago

This has probably already been asked Mark but is a silicone mold able to handle the heat? I guess the other question would be is it too flexible for the forming process?

#3287 2 days ago

Honestly, given the amount of vacu-formed plastics on the game, that's a lower estimate than I would have expected.

-Hans

#3288 2 days ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Honestly, given the amount of vacu-formed plastics on the game, that's a lower estimate than I would have expected.
-Hans

My thought too! The problem with Blackwater is it would only probably sell maybe 20 sets.

#3289 2 days ago
Quoted from Mancave:

This has probably already been asked Mark but is a silicone mold able to handle the heat? I guess the other question would be is it too flexible for the forming process?

Sorry, don't know.

#3290 1 day ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Sorry, don't know.

Is cutting a new ramp flap something you would be willing to do? For a price obviously. I have acsess to the material and a person who can re-rivit it but he doesnt have the tools to cut it.

#3291 1 day ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Is cutting a new ramp flap something you would be willing to do? For a price obviously. I have acsess to the material and a person who can re-rivit it but he doesnt have the tools to cut it.

Not something I ordinarily do, but yes I can make you one. Can you scan it and then give me a couple measurements....like distance between the holes?

#3292 1 day ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Just another note on whether silicone could handle the vacuum forming process. In order to get good definition on ramps, the typical shop vacuum set up just isn't strong enough. I use either wood/bondo combinations (custom stuff) or a ceramic. Vacuum strength is measured by how far a vacuum can pull mercury up a tube. The typical shop vacuum can only pull that mercury 6"-8". My set up will pull that mercury 25". That said, it is actually strong enough to occasionally crack a mold....so silicone will probably not withstand the vacuum.

#3293 1 day ago

Almost all of my tools are aluminum or cast aluminum. If I make a tool it is always made of epoxy. Some epoxy works. Some don't. Much depends on how many ramps you can get off a tool. So far the tools I have made have been excellent but I haven't made more than 100 pulls.

#3294 1 day ago

I was wondering if a carbon fiber resin would work or fiber glass resin. Finished product could still be worked.

#3295 1 day ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

I would pay 500-600 for a new set.

#3296 21 hours ago

I see work is in progress on Black Belt ramps. Do you have an estimated completion date? Thank you.

#3297 15 hours ago
Quoted from jhozeska:

I see work is in progress on Black Belt ramps. Do you have an estimated completion date? Thank you.

I'm not very good with estimates, but it's pretty close. Hardest part is just getting the mold cast and cured which is done...Just need final finishing. I'll give myself some hedge here and say I should have something to show within 2 weeks. Once the first one is made I will arrange with a local friend to test fit.

#3298 15 hours ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

I would pay that in a heart beat!

#3299 12 hours ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Almost all of my tools are aluminum or cast aluminum. If I make a tool it is always made of epoxy. Some epoxy works. Some don't. Much depends on how many ramps you can get off a tool. So far the tools I have made have been excellent but I haven't made more than 100 pulls.

You could do a kickstarter. It's basically a presale. If you don't get enough, not big deal.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Cincinnati, OH
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 26.50
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 3299 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 66.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside