IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 103.
#3051 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

If I was Mark I'd be thrilled that people here were spreading the word on other ramps. Cuts down on the nagging. And maybe gets him a little closer to his ultimate goal of the Comet center ramp! Also, it's not like Jody made the initial post about his ramps, and he's not making ramps that compete with what Mark makes. Seems all good to me.

I agree with this also. The end game is to help fix games no one is going to get Rich making replacement ramps.
I don't have any Gottlieb games in need of those ramps but Now I know someone is doing them and Now I can help spread the word should I find someone looking for those ramps and I definitely know a few people with those games.
Spamming someone else's thread with there for sale stuff wouldn't be cool but just mention it seems like it's not a huge deal.

#3052 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

If I was Mark I'd be thrilled that people here were spreading the word on other ramps. Cuts down on the nagging. And maybe gets him a little closer to his ultimate goal of the Comet center ramp! Also, it's not like Jody made the initial post about his ramps, and he's not making ramps that compete with what Mark makes. Seems all good to me.

Mark said that others making ramps is OK with him he just wants to have them start their own topic and not use his to promote their products.

#3053 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Mark said that others making ramps is OK with him he just wants to have them start their own topic and not use his to promote their products.

Isn't that Mark's call to speak up if he's offended. Mark and I have talked privately and he's ok with my intent. I've helped 100+ people on Pinside and Facebook look for hard to find parts, and I've posted 2,100 project pins to the project pins forum. All I was trying to do was help people fix their games. These type of rants on Pinside are what keep people from joining our site. I've met a lot of people at shows and on other forums and when I ask why they aren't already on Pinside, they say that they won't join because of this type of drama. Yes, it's true I could have pm'd Mark and the interested buyers, but everyone complaining in this forum is also guilty of hijacking Mark's forum by not using pms to address the issue privately. If you'd like to discuss further with me please pm me as I won't address this issue further in this forum.

#3054 5 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

I agree with this also. The end game is to help fix games no one is going to get Rich making replacement ramps.
I don't have any Gottlieb games in need of those ramps but Now I know someone is doing them and Now I can help spread the word should I find someone looking for those ramps and I definitely know a few people with those games.
Spamming someone else's thread with there for sale stuff wouldn't be cool but just mention it seems like it's not a huge deal.

I agree with this too. I’ve been on this thread since it’s inception and Mark seems like a chill dude....doesn’t sweat the small things.
He likes hearing others on RAMP making side of things...means less on his plate down the road and he can pump out those bigger monster ramps once his oven shed is up n running.

#3055 5 years ago

OK...Let's please put an end to this discussion now. Yes, initially I found it a little rude and thanks to those defending me as well as the overall discussion. If anything I would appreciate heads up private communications....but its a free world and I have no right to dictate what and where comments can be posted. In the end, the important thing is that the community gets more reproduction parts to restore games. There are more ramps needed than I or Starship Fantasy could possibly make in ten years.

Don't expect me to hand you ramp making on a silver platter...mostly because I just don't want to expend the time and I seriously doubt that very many would actual produce something. Secondly, because not just anyone can do this. I've said many times that it is not rocket science, but more of a art. If I see you bringing ramps to production...point here being you have demonstrated the ability and the initiative, I would be happy to spend the time to help you and I will support you. I have done this for a few others here on Pinside. I often refer folks to Starship if I know Larry has something needed in stock. If he doesn't stock something and has no intention of doing so, he will send them my way.

Some of you may recall a few years back a guy trying to make the center ramp for Comet (yes it will be the first one I do when I get the heater built). Although he said he had access to a industrial forming machine and a friend proficient with molds I could see he desperately needed help. We exchanged just a few messages and then he just disappeared. I've seen quite a few of these attempts just go no where... So, clearly not everyone will be successful at this.

So let's get back to having fun with Pinball machines....

#3056 5 years ago

Group hug

#3057 5 years ago

Can't we all just get along? I get it nobody wants their personal thread imposed upon. Bottom line is this ultimately benefits the community as a whole. Should he have consulted Mark first, u bet. However, at the end of the day more people will be able to bring their machines back to life and that should make everyone happy. Even people who have games that Mark currently isn't making ramps for check in on this thread. I don't feel it was out of line to present more options and let's not forget it wasn't even him who posted the info about his ramps. Everyone take a step back and a big deep breath.......... exhale. Congratulations pinball community we all now have more options chill out!! Mark keep up the great work we all have come to expect!

#3058 5 years ago

Back to requests and talks of new bigger heater.
When is that Godzilla Ramp getting done?

#3059 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Ooooohhh….Green...Haven't done a good green yet.

#3060 5 years ago

Back to requests and talks of new bigger heater.

Agreed!!
Mark when the new heater gets finished and the new Comet center ramp rolls off the assembly line any thought on the 2nd ramp? Have you ever considered or had requests for the left ramp on monopoly?

#3061 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Hey what about Dr.Dude?

#3062 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

The High Speed upper may have looked good in green. I just picked up a High Speed and they put your red in, Fantastic!
Other thoughts. Hurricane center may have looked good in green.

Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Agreed!!
Mark when the new heater gets finished and the new Comet center ramp rolls off the assembly line any thought on the 2nd ramp? Have you ever considered or had requests for the left ramp on monopoly?

I was hoping for the big apron sweep ramp on Hurricane. (Green might look good), My middle mark ramp is lonely.
Lets not forget Black Rose ramps. (Not Green)

#3063 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Agreed!!

Black Rose main ramp would be nice. There is also a Pre-order list for the Black Rose repro playfield so that could definitely lead to several restores and new ramps and new playfields are a perfect match

#3064 5 years ago

The High Speed upper may have looked good in green. I just picked up a High Speed and they put your red in, Fantastic!
Other thoughts. Hurricane center may have looked good in green.

I was hoping for the big apron sweep ramp on Hurricane. (Green might look good), My middle mark ramp is lonely.
Lets not forget Black Rose ramps.

I know that big hurricane ramp would definitely benefit a lot of people so that would be cool also.

#3065 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

OK...Let's please put an end to this discussion now. Yes, initially I found it a little rude and thanks to those defending me as well as the overall discussion. If anything I would appreciate heads up private communications....but its a free world and I have no right to dictate what and where comments can be posted. In the end, the important thing is that the community gets more reproduction parts to restore games. There are more ramps needed than I or Starship Fantasy could possibly make in ten years.
Don't expect me to hand you ramp making on a silver platter...mostly because I just don't want to expend the time and I seriously doubt that very many would actual produce something. Secondly, because not just anyone can do this. I've said many times that it is not rocket science, but more of a art. If I see you bringing ramps to production...point here being you have demonstrated the ability and the initiative, I would be happy to spend the time to help you and I will support you. I have done this for a few others here on Pinside. I often refer folks to Starship if I know Larry has something needed in stock. If he doesn't stock something and has no intention of doing so, he will send them my way.
Some of you may recall a few years back a guy trying to make the center ramp for Comet (yes it will be the first one I do when I get the heater built). Although he said he had access to a industrial forming machine and a friend proficient with molds I could see he desperately needed help. We exchanged just a few messages and then he just disappeared. I've seen quite a few of these attempts just go no where... So, clearly not everyone will be successful at this.
So let's get back to having fun with Pinball machines....

Well said Mark, you and I have known each other from the very beginning and I've always been a supporter.

#3066 5 years ago

As much as I love Mark's colored ramps, I think the Hurricanes are best in clear. Only because you kinda what to see through them. A red Hurricane might look pretty cool though. Hmmmmm.

#3067 5 years ago

Ahhh...I've been somewhat distracted from ramps for the last couple months and just filling orders for the ramps I already make. As far as near term plans.... Focus is now on the Transporter ramps and the Black Belt ramps. As soon as I have those molded they will need to cure for up to two weeks. During that time I will be doing one more run of Guns n' Roses (Sort of promised a guy from down under that I would do a run in the Spring). I think I have about a dozen folks listed for those.

And of course the new heater. I have almost all of the parts I need for the heater...yes I have had those parts for a long time I had a stainless steel heater panel made by a local company that is already slotted to accept the ceramic heater panels I have. I need to design and build the structure on my new machine that will carry and allow movement of the panel over the plastic. As soon as I have the panel installed and wired, I will likely do the Comet center ramp by heating on the new machine and forming it on my existing machine. Hoping to get started on the bigger stuff before I actually finish my new machine.

#3068 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

You'll need a Godzilla sized heater!

#3069 5 years ago

Black Rose?

#3070 5 years ago

Apologies in advance if this has been asked already, @freeplay40.

I bought a HS that already had your awesome ramp installed and I love it! There is one thing I wanted your take on: Often from a plunge, the ball just - for a lack of a better term - “poops” out the end and plops into the right orbit.

By contrast, a shot from the upper flipper will zoom around when the dirverters don’t fire (e.g.: running the red light). I realize the upper flipper has more juice than a plunge, but the difference is pretty apparent. I have adjusted the shooter lane quite a bit, but no joy.

I have also experimented with bending the bracket that the ramp mounts to with some improvement.

Is there any setup/tweak tips you can recommend?

Thanks again for all the hard work on the ramp!

#3071 5 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Is there any setup/tweak tips you can recommend?

Generally the plunge shot doesn't scream around the ramp like the upper flipper will do...Sometimes if I'm be lazy I don't even get up the ramp or fall into one of the wire forms. High Speed requires a "red" shooter spring which is the strongest. Other than that, the only things I can think of for you is to be sure the plastic sleeve in the shooter housing (Just like a coil sleeve, but narrower) is in good shape and not binding at all. Another would be to see if the plunger is striking the ball good an squarely.. Is the game angle too steep? Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express?

#3073 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

As soon as I have the panel installed and wired, I will likely do the Comet center ramp by heating on the new machine and forming it on my existing machine.

+1

#3074 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Generally the plunge shot doesn't scream around the ramp like the upper flipper will do...Sometimes if I'm be lazy I don't even get up the ramp or fall into one of the wire forms. High Speed requires a "red" shooter spring which is the strongest. Other than that, the only things I can think of for you is to be sure the plastic sleeve in the shooter housing (Just like a coil sleeve, but narrower) is in good shape and not binding at all. Another would be to see if the plunger is striking the ball good an squarely.. Is the game angle too steep? Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express?

Good on all those accounts, save the Holiday Inn part. Thanks for the reply! Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything.

#3075 5 years ago

Got my blue/red Jackbot ramp today. Man Mark does nice work, it's beautiful.

IMGA0956 (resized).JPGIMGA0956 (resized).JPGIMGA0957 (resized).JPGIMGA0957 (resized).JPGIMGA0958 (resized).JPGIMGA0958 (resized).JPG
#3076 5 years ago

I have a question about your time expandor plastic. Its thicker than original. Will the studs still have enough thread?

#3077 5 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

I have a question about your time expandor plastic. Its thicker than original. Will the studs still have enough thread?

Have not heard that is an issue.

#3078 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Got my blue/red Jackbot ramp today. Man Mark does nice work, it's beautiful.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I am really hoping someone makes some clear decals for this. There was talk about it earlier in this thread.

#3079 5 years ago

Waiting on the Comet center ramp... any idea what price on these will be?

#3081 5 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

Waiting on the Comet center ramp... any idea what price on these will be?

Don't really like to predict until I actually make it, but if I had to guess I'd say $120-$130

Quoted from arcademan1:

what about sega independence day

Don't recall any other requests for those...Certainly not anytime soon by me. Low production and low requests not favorable to reproduction.

#3082 5 years ago

Hello Freeplay40 and everyone else.

Please add me to the list for a Space Shuttle ramp whenever they are made.

Thank you for all you do to make all our games better.

#3083 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Ahhh...I've been somewhat distracted from ramps for the last couple months and just filling orders for the ramps I already make. As far as near term plans.... Focus is now on the Transporter ramps and the Black Belt ramps. As soon as I have those molded they will need to cure for up to two weeks. During that time I will be doing one more run of Guns n' Roses (Sort of promised a guy from down under that I would do a run in the Spring). I think I have about a dozen folks listed for those.
And of course the new heater. I have almost all of the parts I need for the heater...yes I have had those parts for a long time I had a stainless steel heater panel made by a local company that is already slotted to accept the ceramic heater panels I have. I need to design and build the structure on my new machine that will carry and allow movement of the panel over the plastic. As soon as I have the panel installed and wired, I will likely do the Comet center ramp by heating on the new machine and forming it on my existing machine. Hoping to get started on the bigger stuff before I actually finish my new machine.

Hoora for transporter! And bigger heater!

#3084 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Not something I'm real interested in doing, but I will help/coach anyone on how easy it would be to do yourself. PM me.

PM Sent

#3085 5 years ago

Do you sell just the center ramp cover for the Hurricane?

#3086 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_McGrew:

Do you sell just the center ramp cover for the Hurricane?

Not normally but I will. I don't see where you live. If there is a Lowes near you, you could buy a small piece of Lexan (polycarbonate) and make your own. Rough cut to the shape (fine blade like a hack saw) and then finish it with Dremel sanding drums. Drill holes slowly.

If you want it from me....$20 shipped.

#3087 5 years ago

+1 Batman Forever

#3088 5 years ago

Any pictures on a Transporter ramps molds or anything. Dying to see some I candy !

#3089 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Any pictures on a Transporter ramps molds or anything. Dying to see some I candy !

Been terribly sidetracked for a while now with other stuff I just couldn't put off. Refocusing now.

#3090 5 years ago

Also interested in ramp for transporter (already have the crossover)

#3091 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Also interested in ramp for transporter (already have the crossover)

Added to the list.

#3092 5 years ago

So will that BR whirlpool ramp!

Plus one on the Black Rose Whirlpool ramp.

#3093 5 years ago

Hi Freeplay40
Appreciate the work you do! Please add me to the Space Shuttle list.

#3094 5 years ago

I promised Pinsider alpha70 that I would do another run of Guns 'n Roses this Spring. I posted a note in the GnR club thread but thought I should post here too. In the next two weeks I will do one last run of the GnR ramps.

G ramp includes entrance flap and exit bracket. Does not include decal. Trap door mechanism would need to be transferred from the old ramp to the new ramp. Price $155 Note on the main decal. I was able to easily remove the decal with Goo Gone and then re-glue to the new ramp.

R ramps is complete. New entrance flap, new switch bracket, new exit bracket and new Lexan cover. Price is $125
If interested in one or both, let me know and I will add you to the list.

IMG_1315 (resized).JPGIMG_1315 (resized).JPG
#3095 5 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

+1 Batman Forever

speaking of green ramps!

#3096 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I promised Pinsider alpha70 that I would do another run of Guns 'n Roses this Spring. I posted a note in the GnR club thread but thought I should post here too. In the next two weeks I will do one last run of the GnR ramps.
G ramp includes entrance flap and exit bracket. Does not include decal. Trap door mechanism would need to be transferred from the old ramp to the new ramp. Price $155 Note on the main decal. I was able to easily remove the decal with Goo Gone and then re-glue to the new ramp.
R ramps is complete. New entrance flap, new switch bracket, new exit bracket and new Lexan cover. Price is $125
If interested in one or both, let me know and I will add you to the list.[quoted image]

Makes me wish I had a G and R. Mark those look amazing! Great work as usual.

#3097 4 years ago

I would be in for 2 space shuttle ramps.

#3098 4 years ago

Finally got my Pinbot ramp and visor - lost in transit by USPS for over two weeks. Arrived in a mangled box but ramp and visor were well wrapped and looked great - thanks Freeplay40!

part0.jpgpart0.jpgpart1.jpgpart1.jpg
#3099 4 years ago

Looking forward to buying a Comet center ramp from you someday. Keep up the good work!

#3100 4 years ago

LOL! You have to ask yourself, how could that happen! Working with ReadyPO we actually did 2 traces on this package. I personally believe that the US Post Office was just hoping no one would trace and they could sweep it under the rug....or maybe in this case under the truck again. I'll bet they were happy they didn't have to get a signature!

In defense of the Post office, I ship everything USPS both domestically and internationally, unless a customer requests something different. In all the stuff I have shipped they have never lost anything...even my International stuff that I usually get in a box small enough to go regular mail. As far as actual damage beyond use....has only happened once and that was my fault for not packaging well enough....maybe one other time and the Post Office said it was likely due to my boxes being very light and the mechanical mail sorter being some sort of gorilla.

All's well that ends well!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Carrollton, TX
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/62?hl=les73gtx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.