IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 103.
#2601 5 years ago

Please sign me up for a Pinbot second!

#2602 5 years ago

Freeplay40

Could I join your waiting list for Transporter The Rescue ramps please.

#2603 5 years ago

I got my High Speed ramp in the mail today and I cant say enough about the speed, quality packing, and kick ass products provided by Mark. Ive bought a few ramps now and the experience is the same every time, the turnaround is so fast on such a quality hand assembled product like this you would think he has a bunch of elves working for him. Thanks Mark.

46BF1DE4-3CB5-468D-9AA3-86B1A9EB846F (resized).jpeg46BF1DE4-3CB5-468D-9AA3-86B1A9EB846F (resized).jpeg8ADEE5AC-FD67-4F82-99CE-E71FD2A9A397 (resized).jpeg8ADEE5AC-FD67-4F82-99CE-E71FD2A9A397 (resized).jpeg8C0C4EEB-1C1D-4200-8368-889130215AFE (resized).jpeg8C0C4EEB-1C1D-4200-8368-889130215AFE (resized).jpeg
#2605 5 years ago

Question regarding the Space Station ramp. Is there any way to keep the left end from breaking again? Cliffy doesn't make protectors for it, and it seems that if this is easier to break than the original material that it would only be a matter of time? Anyone make any custom protectors? Thanks

#2606 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I have started a second "seconds" list!

uggghhh, sloppy seconds...…...my life story!

#2607 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Question regarding the Space Station ramp. Is there any way to keep the left end from breaking again? Cliffy doesn't make protectors for it, and it seems that if this is easier to break than the original material that it would only be a matter of time? Anyone make any custom protectors? Thanks

Be sure you have the correct rubbers at the entrance and that the ramp entrance in positioned properly for maximum protection between those rubbers. Note that my ramp will not align with the original screw down holes and requires that you position the ramp correctly and tap new holes for the hold down screws. If you want a protector for the left side it is not that hard to fashion one yourself. Entrance protectors are generally made of 24 gauge stainless which is pretty easy to work with. Best way to make one it to have it attach to the entrance post then up the ramp a bit where the side is flat have it bend over the ramp. That bend can be in the middle of the protector to allow it to extend further up the ramp. I do not have a Space Station ramp here to model one, but if you would help me with some photos and measurements, I could make you one.

I looked back through my list of purchasers and did not see you so expect you got this game second hand. Originally I did make the ramp with acrylic but have since switched over to dyed PETG.

#2608 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Be sure you have the correct rubbers at the entrance and that the ramp entrance in positioned properly for maximum protection between those rubbers. Note that my ramp will not align with the original screw down holes and requires that you position the ramp correctly and tap new holes for the hold down screws. If you want a protector for the left side it is not that hard to fashion one yourself. Entrance protectors are generally made of 24 gauge stainless which is pretty easy to work with. Best way to make one it to have it attach to the entrance post then up the ramp a bit where the side is flat have it bend over the ramp. That bend can be in the middle of the protector to allow it to extend further up the ramp. I do not have a Space Station ramp here to model one, but if you would help me with some photos and measurements, I could make you one.
I looked back through my list of purchasers and did not see you so expect you got this game second hand. Originally I did make the ramp with acrylic but have since switched over to dyed PETG.

I have the original at the moment but thinking about getting one as the left entrance of my ramp is broke and the ball goes in there and gets stuck. I assume that wouldn't happen if the ramp wasnt broke.. I saw these and was considering one but I was just curious if anyone had made any protector for it

#2609 5 years ago

Pinbot Ramp Update....Yes, I'm still working!... Damn elves spent too much time on the beach. So, as I mentioned earlier, since so much work having went into the first run of the two color main ramps (seconds), I did not want to just toss them but offer them at a discounted price of $95. I have about a dozen of those as well as a couple all blue "seconds" completely finished. If that is all you are interested in, you can contact me now to purchase. If you get one of the seconds and decide you do not want it because of the flaws, you can return it for credit (less my initial shipping cost) against the new ones. Also note that if you wish, I will rivet your two switch plates to the new main ramp for free if you send them to me.

I have about a dozen of the new Blue/Red (not seconds!) that I just need to machine finish...that will probably take about one day. So basically those are now available as well for $130. I will produce more of these and all blues on demand after this initial run until I get everyone covered.
The lift ramps are already done and available.

The Visor...I of course used a thicker plastic for these, but realized there is a very tight clearance on the inside of the visor as it sits over the plastic below it. My first run did not have enough clearance, so I modified my mold and just successful produced a perfect prototype. I will begin forming the new ones today and immediately begin dying them.

At the moment, I have not made any of the main ramps for Jack*Bot. If any are interested, contact me. I will make those on demand.

Once everyone is covered, I will move on to the next two projects (favors to the community!) that a few Pinsiders have been anxious for. The Transporter and Black Belt.

#2610 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Pinbot Ramp Update....Yes, I'm still working! The Transported and Black Belt.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

#2611 5 years ago

Great progress! Is Demolition Man number 3 or 4?

#2613 5 years ago

Hey just hopping in here, do you keep track of requests or have any idea the interest of a new Checkpoint ramp?

My ramp is really nasty. The repair job is just an eyesore. And the ramp is so massive it’s ridiculous!

#2614 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Once everyone is covered, I will move on to the next two projects (favors to the community!) that a few Pinsiders have been anxious for. The Transporter and Black Belt.

Heh, wife and kids think I'm a little nuts from the happy dance I just did!

#2615 5 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Hey just hopping in here, do you keep track of requests or have any idea the interest of a new Checkpoint ramp?
My ramp is really nasty. The repair job is just an eyesore. And the ramp is so massive it’s ridiculous!

There have been quite a few requests for the Checkpoint but it's too big for my current set up. Maybe someday when I go to the bigger machine.

Sorry

#2616 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I have about a dozen of the new Blue/Red (not seconds!) that I just need to machine finish...that will probably take about one day. So basically those are now available as well for $130 .

Can u let me know a price shipped to Australia for a blue/red first,.. and ill sort out payment with you asap.. then go get my donor Pinbot switch plates organised,.. this is gonna look soooo cool!!

#2617 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Can u let me know a price shipped to Australia for a blue/red first,.. and ill sort out payment with you asap.. then go get my donor Pinbot switch plates organised,.. this is gonna look soooo cool!!

The trick for International shipping is to get the ramp in a box that is less than 36" (L/W/H) and I think I can do that with this ramp. This allows the package to be shipped as regular mail. That said, I can do down under for $28

Are you considering sending your switch plates to me to attach?

#2618 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

The trick for International shipping is to get the ramp in a box that is less than 36" (L/W/H) and I think I can do that with this ramp. This allows the package to be shipped as regular mail. That said, I can do down under for $28
Are you considering sending your switch plate to me to attach?

Sounds fine,.. I will be sending the switch plates,.. just need to get them off,.. will pm tonight or so to get details sorted

#2619 5 years ago

PM sent

#2620 5 years ago

I had a request for a photo of the Jackbot version so here are both of the two color versions.

IMG_1404 (resized).JPGIMG_1404 (resized).JPG
#2621 5 years ago

..and I was the one that requested
Thanks! I'm definitively in. Super nice job.

#2622 5 years ago
Quoted from Giulio:

.and I was the one that requested

No you weren't I was. Hey Mark would you post this in the Jackbot club topic. Now to put the decal over the blue of the Jackbot one or not.

#2623 5 years ago

Got my pinbot dual colored ramp today! Looks great. Thanks! Can’t wait to get it installed!

C7FAF375-FD36-4B95-87B7-F0DA4344E3AC (resized).jpegC7FAF375-FD36-4B95-87B7-F0DA4344E3AC (resized).jpeg

#2624 5 years ago

Still trying to get the Visors cut out. Seems I am being dealt obstacle after obstacle the past couple weeks... Most recent was heavy downpours found a path down the roof ducting for my gas furnace and water heater. Found it's way into the den and ruined the carpet.

Anyway, I have been wanting to also post some photos showing the ramps in place and at least for the moment I have a couple... With transparency come visuals not seen before. On the Pinbot, There are a couple flashers on the left side. With the transparent ramp the flashers and sockets can be seen...hmmm... maybe cool...maybe not. I took a couple pieces of 1" pvc plastic pipe and painted them black. Then slipped them over the flashers... Pretty much made them disappear.
IMG_1407 (resized).JPGIMG_1407 (resized).JPGIMG_1408 (resized).JPGIMG_1408 (resized).JPG

#2625 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

There are a couple flashers on the left side. With the transparent ramp the flashers and sockets can be seen

I think a version of the original decal is going to be needed there as discussed here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club/page/53#post-4543112

A minimal decal design to cover the sockets, wiring and internal bracing would be a great addition.

#2626 5 years ago
Quoted from Impzilla:

I think a version of the original decal is going to be needed there as discussed here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club/page/53#post-4543112
A minimal decal design to cover the sockets, wiring and internal bracing would be a great addition.

I've got a loose left decal that I removed with Goo-Gone from my model ramp. I'll place it on the ramp and take another photo and post tonight.

#2627 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I've got a loose left decal that I removed with Goo-Gone from my model ramp. I'll place it on the ramp and take another photo and post tonight.

One with flash and one without flash in a dark room...

IMG_1409 (resized).JPGIMG_1409 (resized).JPGIMG_1410 (resized).JPGIMG_1410 (resized).JPG
#2628 5 years ago

Wow looks good. The visor cover looks awesome too!

#2629 5 years ago

I noticed a lot of interest in a DE Time Machine Starwarp ramp but chances didn't sound good (I didn't go through the entire thread). Did you finally give up on it or still mulling that one over?

#2630 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Wow looks good. The visor cover looks awesome too!

The visor in the photo is my master which I left clear. The ones I will be cutting out tomorrow are a dark tint...But I kinda like the clear!

#2631 5 years ago

I've found forums for buy, sell and trade playfields, and one for backglasses/translites, but not for ramps. I created a new forum for ramps:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-ramps-thread-buy-sell-trade#post-4609444

#2632 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I've found forums for buy, sell and trade playfields, and one for backglasses/translites, but not for ramps. I created a new forum for ramps:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-ramps-thread-buy-sell-trade#post-4609444

Good idea. Marked it one of my Favorites

#2633 5 years ago

Hey mark, any chance of doing the atom smasher parts for strange science? the red on mine is completely faded. id even offer mine up for use for the mold.

#2634 5 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

Hey mark, any chance of doing the atom smasher parts for strange science? the red on mine is completely faded. id even offer mine up for use for the mold.

So much on my plate now. Maybe. I'd have to see some photos of it out of the game.

1 week later
#2635 5 years ago

Any space Station ramps left? mine' is cracked and chipping

CAM03020 (resized).jpgCAM03020 (resized).jpg
#2637 5 years ago

What new do you have in the works?

#2638 5 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

I want to know too!

#2639 5 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

I'm sort of casually shipping out Pinbot and Jackbot stuff now. Next up are some favors to the community...specifically, Black Belt and The Transporter.

Haven't really though much farther than that right.. ...Probably a good time to rattle my cage, eh?

#2640 5 years ago

I got my pinbot and high speed ramp. They look great! Thanks again! My vote would be work on the new heater so we can see some BIG ramps!

#2641 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I'm sort of casually shipping out Pinbot and Jackbot stuff now. Next up are some favors to the community...specifically, Black Belt and The Transporter.
Haven't really though much farther than that right.. ...Probably a good time to rattle my cage, eh?

Cough, Cough....excuse me. Something stuck in my thought.
BLACK ROSE WHIRLPOOL RAMP.
Ahh, that feels better.
Thanks for letting me get that out Mark.

#2642 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Probably a good time to rattle my cage, eh?

Shake shake, rattle rattle I know there's definitely a bunch of people still hoping for that pesky WhoDunnit center ramp

#2643 5 years ago

Please, please Who Dunnit center ramp.

Quoted from Mancave:

Shake shake, rattle rattle I know there's definitely a bunch of people still hoping for that pesky WhoDunnit center ramp

#2644 5 years ago

Ok, lets make this 3 in a row for Who Dunnit center elevator ramp!

#2645 5 years ago

What about the main center ramp of the comet pinball machine?
you´ve done great work on the other two ramps , so there is "only" another unobtainnium one left

2 years ago, another pinsider started to make a reproduction, but he has been inactive since then ..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guess-the-ramp

#2646 5 years ago

Just arrived today, all the way from the USA to Australia safe and sound,... xmas project is now locked in,.. loads of thank you's to Freeplay40
As I'm from New Zealand originally, this significantly rates as "Choice ....!!"

BlueRedRamp (resized).jpgBlueRedRamp (resized).jpg
#2647 5 years ago

Would you consider Back to the future ramp? Heaps of broken ones out there.

#2648 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

and The Transporter.

Yes Yes Yes!

#2649 5 years ago

Please make Demo Man ramps your next priority, currently unavailable everywhere and have been for a long time.

#2650 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Are you shipping the PinBot visors yet? I really really need one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Valley, NEBRASKA
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/53?hl=mrwol64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.