IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,098 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 102.
#2551 5 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

I just bought a set of NOS Tx Sector Ramps for my game. Any interest in reproducing these? I could send you my ramps before I install them?

I've got so many I want to do that it would be quite a while before I could ever get to them.

#2552 5 years ago

Hi. I want to know if you can nake the turtles ninja ramp or if you an idea how can I do it. Thank you. Santiago

#2553 5 years ago

Ps I have the old one.

#2554 5 years ago
Quoted from Santis:

Hi. I want to know if you can nake the turtles ninja ramp or if you an idea how can I do it. Thank you. Santiago

There is a lot of demand for these ramps however, I need to complete the new heater before I can consider doing them.

As far as you doing it...well first off...best of luck to you. You will need to build molds, then build or buy a vacuum forming machine...Then you will need a variety of tools to finish the ramps. Just kidding... While vacuum forming is not rocket science, there's is a lot to it.

#2555 5 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

Sorry, late to the party, I got a space station ramp from you awhile back, and it was awesome. Any plans on doing space shuttle? Those ramps are brittle, and I could use a new set for mine.

I think it's to big for his current set up.

#2556 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I think it's to big for his current set up.

Correct. Forming machine can handle it but I need to complete the larger heater. Space Shuttle will be one of the first ones I do.

#2557 5 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Is there any interest in a new minimalist decal mod for the transparent blue/red pinbot ramp? I have an idea to do something in black vinyl that pays homage to the original design, but allows light to shine through. I've aquired some high resolution scans of the original stickers in order to do this.

Sign me up!

#2558 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Correct. Forming machine can handle it but I need to complete the larger heater. Space Shuttle will be one of the first ones I do.

Ok Mark don't forget about the main center ramp for Comet when you get that heater done on the new setup. The cycle jump and corkscrew ramps look amazing and are anxiously awaiting their new big brother Comet center ramp!

#2559 5 years ago

Well....yesterday was not a good day. I've produced about 15 of the blue/red Pinbot ramps and discovered a couple flaws in the dye process that I just can't live with...So back to square one. I may at some point offer the "seconds" for sale. The flaws are on the sidewalls at the entrance and exit.

Will probably delay me about another week while I redo them. On another note I will also offer a single color blue ramp as well.

IMG_1396 (resized).JPGIMG_1396 (resized).JPG
#2560 5 years ago

i still have a bunch of the original B/W ramp molds sitting here in my shop. we need to do something with them.
judge dread full set, road show full set, jack bot ramps and visor and more

#2561 5 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

i still have a bunch of the original B/W ramp molds sitting here in my shop. we need to do something with them.
judge dread full set, road show full set, jack bot ramps and visor and more

WOW! How long have you had them?

#2562 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

WOW! How long have you had them?

Long enough that he only cared to mention it when someone else took matters into their own hands

#2563 5 years ago

Are those the "long lost" molds that no one knew what happened to them?

#2564 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Well....yesterday was not a good day. I've produced about 15 of the blue/red Pinbot ramps and discovered a couple flaws in the dye process that I just can't live with...So back to square one. I may at some point offer the "seconds" for sale. The flaws are on the sidewalls at the entrance and exit.
Will probably delay me about another week while I redo them. On another note I will also offer a single color blue ramp as well.[quoted image]

I know what's like Mark, I'm picky about the quality of my mods too.

#2565 5 years ago

PM’d about Data East Jurassic Park Ramp.

No availibility and i think the JP club(s) would buy several!!

#2566 5 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

PM’d about Data East Jurassic Park Ramp.

In b4 machine too small.

#2567 5 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Yeah... What he said

#2568 5 years ago

Bump for Who dunnit center ramp and Black Rose whirlpool ramp!
Ive purchased 6 of your ramps Marc, looking forward to when your able to make these 2.

#2569 5 years ago

I'm in for the BR Whirlpool ramp 2

#2570 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Bump for Who dunnit center ramp and Black Rose whirlpool ramp!
Ive purchased 6 of your ramps Marc, looking forward to when your able to make these 2.

I would take a “Who dunnit” center ramp, too.

#2571 5 years ago

Pinbot/Jack Bot ramp update. I had quite a setback with the first batch of blue/red ramps with a couple spots that did not accept the dye. It has taken me a week just to resolve the problem and am now finishing up the dye process on the first dozen of these made. Typically when I discover flaws I discard all the bad ones. With the amount of work that goes into these I plan on offering the "seconds" at a discounted price. I will post photos of the flaws. There are a couple spots right at the entrance where the blue did not take, but are partially hidden from view and another spot on the outer wall of the red towards the exit. The red flaw is parallel with line of sight when playing the game so not terribly noticeable. So much work went into making these, just seems a shame to toss them.

#2572 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

seems a shame to toss them.

Yes, let us be the judge of that... People love discounts!
-mof

#2573 5 years ago

I dont have a pinbot, but I'd take a "messed up" ramp over you tossing it out.

#2574 5 years ago

Getting quite a few inquiries on the blue/red "seconds" so I thought I would post a couple photos. They are pretty much all the same. I think I have 12-14 of them. These are still close to the original forming.....not cut out at all. I've circled the problem areas on both. The blue will be partially hidden once in a game. The red problem is towards the exit on the outer sidewall so looking straight on you probably won't see it. I will be selling the new perfect ones for $130. As far as price on the seconds....thinking $90-$95. I can make these up in either Pinbot or Jack Bot and yes I will still offer free riveting of the 2 switch plates on the Pinbots.

IMG_1398 (resized).JPGIMG_1398 (resized).JPGIMG_1399 (resized).JPGIMG_1399 (resized).JPG
#2575 5 years ago

With 50+ year old eyes, those seconds defects would be hard to pick up on,.. might depend on light shining thru. I reckon the seconds would get snapped up

#2576 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

With 50+ year old eyes, those seconds defects would be hard to pick up on,.. might depend on light shining thru. I reckon the seconds would get snapped up

I have started a second "seconds" list!

#2577 5 years ago

I'll be happy with a set of seconds.

#2578 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I have started a second "seconds" list!

If I’m not on the firsts list, or can’t be added, put me on the seconds list,.. either way this blue/red is cool

#2579 5 years ago

Hi Freeplay.

I remember some people asking awhile back if you would ever make ramps for Checkpoint (probably needed the bigger machine).

In terms of placement in the manufacturing line where does this sit?

Thanks

#2580 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryphun:

Hi Freeplay.
I remember some people asking awhile back if you would ever make ramps for Checkpoint (probably needed the bigger machine).
In terms of placement in the manufacturing line where does this sit?
Thanks

I honestly just can't say when I will get to them. So many others committed to.

#2581 5 years ago

I live my life in seconds... sign me up

#2582 5 years ago

Hi there, Mark. Just wondering if you make the spiral ramp for Pinbot? Thanks

#2583 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Hi there, Mark. Just wondering if you make the spiral ramp for Pinbot? Thanks

Unfortunately, no. That is an injection molded piece.

#2584 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Here's the one-off I made up for Tomass in Alaska for his Diner. His game was missing the ramp completely. I originally assumed the ramp was plastic when in fact it is metal. I used 14 gauge stainless...might be overkill! Fortunately he had the support bracket which in Diner's case is a little unique.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hi Freeplay40,

You can see from the two photos of my Diner ramp that the flexible hinge was repaired; and although functional, it is kind of cobbled together. So I would like to restore it back to one piece of spring steel sheet and riveted, but I don’t have any drawings or a reference to compare against.

Would you be able to help me by providing dimensions of the overall length of the spring steel strip, and the hole to hole spacing (or the distance between bracket and ramp)?

2C79F14E-D036-451F-9F55-B1C4ABCDB300 (resized).jpeg2C79F14E-D036-451F-9F55-B1C4ABCDB300 (resized).jpegBC2981A3-B41C-4D4C-B4CA-733640FDD316 (resized).jpegBC2981A3-B41C-4D4C-B4CA-733640FDD316 (resized).jpeg
#2585 5 years ago

I have my original measurements here somewhere. When I find them, I will get you the info you need.

#2586 5 years ago

Let me now if this is enough for you... Also note that it should be attached with rivets...not screws.

Diner Lift Flap (resized).jpgDiner Lift Flap (resized).jpg

#2587 5 years ago

Thank you so much for the drawing. Yes. I will use rivets; hoping ramp holes weren’t hogged out to accommodate those ugly looking screws.

#2588 5 years ago
Quoted from sawbill:

Thank you so much for the drawing. Yes. I will use rivets; hoping ramp holes weren’t hogged out to accommodate those ugly looking screws.

Just be sure you use washers on the bottom where it attaches to the plastic and if necessary use can use washers on the metal piece. Note that 1" measurement is center to center of the holes.

#2589 5 years ago

Finally have my SoF 100% as of tonight. Could not have brought this beautiful game back without these PERFECT ramps. What a difference the clear makes for the GI as well.
Blown away by Freeplay40's dedication to this.

IMG_20180908_224056 (resized).jpgIMG_20180908_224056 (resized).jpg
#2590 5 years ago

A little help for my friends...Pinsider wanted a High Speed clear ramp but was missing the large curved entry bracket. Couldn't find one so I made him one.

IMG_1402 (resized).JPGIMG_1402 (resized).JPG
#2591 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

A little help for my friends...Pinsider wanted a High Speed clear ramp but was missing the large curved entry bracket. Couldn't find one so I made him one.
[quoted image]

Awesome job Mark. You always come up huge for all of us silly ass pinheads.

#2592 5 years ago

Off topic...sort of. The, uh, tarnished bracket above is for an assembly I am doing right now for Pinsider zh2oson. Glad his parts came so I wouldn't have to take mine apart to model! I did get his polished up pretty well.

I am always looking for deals. If any of you have had to buy sheet stainless steel it can be pretty spendy. The new bracket above is made out of 14 gauge stainless. A couple years ago I spotted an ad on CL for stainless steel door kicks....sheets for the bottom of your front door about 36" by 12" and 14 gauge. He was selling them for $5 each.....I bought a dozen of them for part fabrications.

#2593 5 years ago

Yes please on Jurassic Park!

#2594 5 years ago

Any updates on the Pinbot ramps? I'm so excited to get mine!

#2595 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Any updates on the Pinbot ramps? I'm so excited to get mine!

Well... So many things going on have slowed me down. At the moment I have nearly finished the "second" blue/red ramps....figured I'd start with those in case I encountered any machining issues. I have the lift ramps available already and I need to do a test fit on the visor. For the visor, I used a thicker plastic and I think it might be a tight fit. I will still use a thicker plastic, but might have to adjust the mold slightly. I have a dozen of the perfect blue/red ramps dyed and formed that just need to be finished...getting close.

#2596 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Yes please on Jurassic Park!

Yeah... What he said.

#2597 5 years ago

Id love the TMNT ramp …. in green

#2598 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Id love the TMNT ramp …. in green

Oh please yes once the new machine is ready.

#2599 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

[quoted image]

WOW!!!

#2600 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Off topic...sort of. The, uh, tarnished bracket above is for an assembly I am doing right now for Pinsider zh2oson. Glad his parts came so I wouldn't have to take mine apart to model! I did get his polished up pretty well.
I am always looking for deals. If any of you have had to buy sheet stainless steel it can be pretty spendy. The new bracket above is made out of 14 gauge stainless. A couple years ago I spotted an ad on CL for stainless steel door kicks....sheets for the bottom of your front door about 36" by 12" and 14 gauge. He was selling them for $5 each.....I bought a dozen of them for part fabrications.

Pinsider zh2oson is greatful for the awesome work!

Also, since my red High Speed ramp just arrived, I have some advice for everyone here:

FerrisFerris

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 5,098 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 102.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/52?hl=hawkeyexx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.