IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 103.
#2501 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

I’m in for the red/blue, ramp and visor. Looks sweet!
Does anyone know where new visor decals can be found? I already have the Adv X. decal.

+1 on that,.. Wouldn’t mind new decals for the ramp and visor,.. mine are original and could do with a tidy set!!

#2502 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Wouldn’t mind new decals for the ramp and visor,.. mine are original and could do with a tidy set!!

I'm going to reach out to Planetary one more time to see if they want to stock the decals.....

#2503 5 years ago

Message sent to Planetary. I did look on the Planetary website and did see they have the visor decal in stock under Jackbot.

#2504 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Will you ship to Australia?

Yes, but I might not be able to ship regular mail with this one. I'll try once I have pieces ready to package but this one might be too big for regular mail.

#2505 5 years ago

Bay Area Amusement has the complete Jackbot decal set in stock.

#2506 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Message sent to Planetary. I did look on the Planetary website and did see they have the visor decal in stock under Jackbot.

Oh, the visor decal is the same for Pinbot and Jackbot?

#2507 5 years ago

Hey Mark I'll take a blue red for my Jackbot.

#2508 5 years ago

I need a Pinbot visor let me know when and where to send monies!

#2509 5 years ago

First batch of blue/red dyed Pinbot/Jackpot ramps.

IMG_1394 (resized).JPGIMG_1394 (resized).JPG
#2510 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

[quoted image]

Wow lookin’ good!

#2512 5 years ago

Oh wow, that looks amazing. I wish I had a pinbot!

#2513 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

[quoted image]

You should do a F-14 ramp like this with red, clear, and blue!

#2514 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Pinbot ramp update... I'm having a local sheet metal company make me a larger stainless steel vat so that I can dye the larger ramps. I've been wanting to try a multi-color ramp for some time so while I'm waiting for the new vat I decided to try it with Pinbot just for fun.

Alright.....now you've done it......

When you make Space Shuttle ramps I want a red/clear/blue one.

#2515 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Alright.....now you've done it......
When you make Space Shuttle ramps I want a red/clear/blue one.

#2516 5 years ago

Hi Freeplay40 ; great looking ramps! Are you intending to make WhoDunnit ramps?

12575C28-B3F5-432E-9702-100498552F9B (resized).jpeg12575C28-B3F5-432E-9702-100498552F9B (resized).jpeg3E2F6FBA-DF31-463D-9280-73DE33FF6D9A (resized).jpeg3E2F6FBA-DF31-463D-9280-73DE33FF6D9A (resized).jpeg
#2517 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

[quoted image]

order info?

#2518 5 years ago

Took a couple days off. I have 9 of the Blue Red ramps dyed at the moment. Visited a friend on Friday and got the measurements I needed for the Jack Bot version. The Jackbot will require no riveting as the two gates on the ramp are overhead. However the Pin Bot has two roll over wire forms that are riveted to the ramp. If anyone is interested and would want to send me their 2 Pin Bot switch brackets, I will rivet to the new ramp for free. I will have probably 14 or 15 of the Blue/Red ramps ready this week. I will make enough for everyone but will likely be first come first serve. Since this ramp can be cut for either Pin Bot or Jack Bot I will do a two stage finish on them. First what works for both, then finish what is different secondly as they are ordered. I will also have the Pin Bot Visor and the Lift ramps available as well. It take about a day and a half to do the two stage dye on these and I do them three at a time, but I think the result is worth it!...They look pretty cool. I want to get Pinbot finished completely so I can post photos in the game.

#2519 5 years ago
Quoted from MaxwellB:

Hi Freeplay40 ; great looking ramps! Are you intending to make WhoDunnit ramps?
[quoted image][quoted image]

The Elevator ramp is technically an injection molded piece, but I do have one here on loan from a friend and we hope to be able to produce a suitable vacuum formed replacement.

#2520 5 years ago

Hi, do you make ramps for Roller Coaster Tycoon? Thanks!

#2521 5 years ago
Quoted from Mustangdvr2b:

Hi, do you make ramps for Roller Coaster Tycoon? Thanks!

Sorry, no.

#2522 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Took a couple days off. I have 9 of the Blue Red ramps dyed at the moment. Visited a friend on Friday and got the measurements I needed for the Jack Bot version. The Jackbot will require no riveting as the two gates on the ramp are overhead. However the Pin Bot has two roll over wire forms that are riveted to the ramp. If anyone is interested and would want to send me their 2 Pin Bot switch brackets, I will rivet to the new ramp for free. I will have probably 14 or 15 of the Blue/Red ramps ready this week. I will make enough for everyone but will likely be first come first serve. Since this ramp can be cut for either Pin Bot or Jack Bot I will do a two stage finish on them. First what works for both, then finish what is different secondly as they are ordered. I will also have the Pin Bot Visor and the Lift ramps available as well. It take about a day and a half to do the two stage dye on these and I do them three at a time, but I think the result is worth it!...They look pretty cool. I want to get Pinbot finished completely so I can post photos in the game.

The ramp also has 3 flasher domes riveted to it as well....I don’t have means for any of this riveting so that is what would keep me from upgrading.

#2523 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Awesome! I can’t wait to order the visor so I can get mine back together

#2524 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

The ramp also has 3 flasher domes riveted to it as well....I don’t have means for any of this riveting so that is what would keep me from upgrading.

I replaced my rivets with some small nut-bolt hardware and then used locktite to keep them from coming loose.

#2525 5 years ago

I actually have two complete Pinbot main ramps here. On both, the flasher domes are secured with screws. Only the switch plates are riveted. It's really only necessary to use rivets where the ball will roll over them.

#2526 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I actually have two complete Pinbot main ramps here. On both, the flasher domes are secured with screws. Only the switch plates are riveted. It's really only necessary to use rivets where the ball will roll over them.

And with screws you can change the dome color if you want to.

#2527 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Ok mine are riveted. But I can buy new flasher domes and use screws to secure them in to this ramp...thanks for the info!

#2528 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Good call Paul....Like the rhyme? I think I would look to change the colors of the domes too. $1.25 at Pinball Life.

#2530 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just drill them out.

Or just use your advice....

Quoted from MustangPaul:

#2531 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

The Elevator ramp is technically an injection molded piece, but I do have one here on loan from a friend and we hope to be able to produce a suitable vacuum formed replacement.

Fantastic. There will be many wanting them I think.

#2532 5 years ago

Or just use your advice....

Well not screws some tiny bolts and nuts. I added mini domes on my Avatar LE and used little bolts and nuts. The screws are stock and attach the stock cover to the bumper body.

IMGA0158 (resized).JPGIMGA0158 (resized).JPGIMGA0165 (resized).JPGIMGA0165 (resized).JPG
#2533 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Count me in for W?D elevator ramp!

#2534 5 years ago

Would you ever consider it? I’d buy one!

#2535 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Thank you, thank you for trying! I'm sure there are a lot of W?D owners anxious to get that! I certainly am, I think that piece is in rough shape on most of the machines given the amount of abuse it takes. Given the design, I'm wondering if percentage wise, that ramp gets hit more than any ramp in any other machine. I'm thinking about modes like Penthouse Party where that ramp just gets hit over and over and over.

#2536 5 years ago

Is there any interest in a new minimalist decal mod for the transparent blue/red pinbot ramp? I have an idea to do something in black vinyl that pays homage to the original design, but allows light to shine through. I've aquired some high resolution scans of the original stickers in order to do this.

#2537 5 years ago

Sounds cool, a transparent decal would be awesome. Id be in.

#2538 5 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Is there any interest in a new minimalist decal mod for the transparent blue/red pinbot ramp? I have an idea to do something in black vinyl that pays homage to the original design, but allows light to shine through. I've aquired some high resolution scans of the original stickers in order to do this.

I reached out to Rick at Planetary last week inquiring if they would restock the ramp decals for Pinbot and got no response. The original decals can be removed and put on the new ramps, but I think something like Chaskett is describing would look better given the transparency of my ramps.

#2539 5 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Yes please

#2540 5 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Haven't seen the art but I like the idea. I'm in too.

#2541 5 years ago

Here's what I was thinking. This would be large transfer decal in glossy black vinyl. Therefore all the stars and everything white would be the blue ramp. I'd do something similar for the right which would glow red. What does everyone think?

Left Draft 2 (resized).jpgLeft Draft 2 (resized).jpg

#2542 5 years ago

Do you have any Robocop Jump Ramps? Thanks

#2543 5 years ago

Just adding my vote for a Jurassic Park main ramp. Philip J. Fry voice, “ Shut up and take my money!”

#2544 5 years ago

Are WCS ramps coming in the future? A previous owner flame-polished the ramps on the one I have and made them all wavy. Ball gets stuck in the divets.

Very shiny though!

#2545 5 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Are WCS ramps coming in the future? A previous owner flame-polished the ramps on the one I have and made them all wavy. Ball gets stuck in the divets.
Very shiny though!

The WCS ramps should be coming from Starship Fantasy soon.

#2546 5 years ago

Not to sure I would believe there is anything coming from starship fantasy. Larry told me about 3 months ago that the new boulder sets for white water would be for sale in 3 weeks. Here we are over 2 months later with NO new boulder sets. Just saying!

#2547 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

[quoted image]

Sweeeet

#2548 5 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Here's what I was thinking. This would be large transfer decal in glossy black vinyl. Therefore all the stars and everything white would be the blue ramp. I'd do something similar for the right which would glow red. What does everyone think?

Looks nice!

#2549 5 years ago

Sorry, late to the party, I got a space station ramp from you awhile back, and it was awesome. Any plans on doing space shuttle? Those ramps are brittle, and I could use a new set for mine.

#2550 5 years ago

I just bought a set of NOS Tx Sector Ramps for my game. Any interest in reproducing these? I could send you my ramps before I install them?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/51?hl=collint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.