IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 103.
#2401 5 years ago

You really need to update the list on post #1

#2402 5 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

You really need to update the list on post #1

I didn't think you could edit a post that old. When I get some time I will update the list.

#2403 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Oh hell yea, I'd be down for a Space Shuttle ramp. Think I'd like to keep mine black but I guess a red or blue transparent ramp would look pretty sweet. I really like to keep my machines as stock as possible. Would Back to the Future ramp fit on the larger heater?

What he said.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#2404 5 years ago

The new Comet ramps are serious!

The Cycle Jump ramp out of Kydex is NEVER going to crack.

I flexed it in every direction and it's stiff, yet forgiving along the center webbing.

I'm putting my paper thin original in a box (Every time I make that shot I cringe thinking that this will be the time it finally breaks), and replacing it with my new **combat ready** Kydex.

Thanks again Mark!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz2 (resized).jpgzzzzzzzzzzzzzz2 (resized).jpg
#2405 5 years ago

I went with the abs cycle jump and I'll be surprised if it ever breaks. It's at least twice as thick as the original and not nearly as brittle.

#2406 5 years ago

Just got my Kydex Comet ramp today. Thanks!

#2407 5 years ago

Comet ramp update.

I've think I have everyone covered with the Cork Screw and Cycle jump ramps. At this time I have 6 Cork Screw ramps left and 4 black Kydex ramps left. I won't be doing another run of the Cork Screw ramps for a while...I'd say at least before fall/winter. I will continue to make the black ABS and transparent red Cycle jump ramps on demand.

#2408 5 years ago

Any Whirlwind lift ramps left? If possible I will take two please. Please PM me. Thank you!

#2409 5 years ago

I need to get off my lazy butt and grab a whirlwind lift ramp also.

#2410 5 years ago
Quoted from RJP1138:

Any Whirlwind lift ramps left? If possible I will take two please. Please PM me. Thank you!

Quoted from Squeakman:

I need to get off my lazy butt and grab a whirlwind lift ramp also.

I'm out at the moment but can make some up in a day or two. Will pm you when ready.

#2411 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I'm out at the moment but can make some up in a day or two. Will pm you when ready.

Hit me up too please, I could use a Whirlwind lift ramp.

Also have to say thanks, the blue Space Station ramp I got looks amazing!

#2412 5 years ago
Quoted from twenty6point2:

Hit me up too please, I could use a Whirlwind lift ramp.

pm sent. These will be available tomorrow.

#2413 5 years ago

Hi Mark, do you have any plans to make ramps for WCS94, in particular my back ramp is broken in many places

#2414 5 years ago

Mark,
Will you make additional Diner lift ramps? I see you looking to help that pinsider with one for his restore. I'd surely take a lift ramp as well.
Thanks.

#2415 5 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

Hi Mark, do you have any plans to make ramps for WCS94, in particular my back ramp is broken in many places

These are still anticipated at Starship Fantasy in the next few months.

#2416 5 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Mark,
Will you make additional Diner lift ramps? I see you looking to help that pinsider with one for his restore. I'd surely take a lift ramp as well.
Thanks.

Sure, I can make you one as well. I will get his bracket this Saturday and then I am going to visit a Diner locally to get all the measurements. I will them assemble one for Tomass and get it mailed to him. Once he test fits it I can make more. I'll charge the same that I do for the Pinbot Lift ramp as it is very similar...$65

#2417 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Sure, I can make you one as well. I will get his bracket this Saturday and then I am going to visit a Diner locally to get all the measurements. I will them assemble one for Tomass and get it mailed to him. Once he test fits it I can make more. I'll charge the same that I do for the Pinbot Lift ramp as it is very similar...$65

Awesome!!! Thank you.

#2418 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Hi Mark, sign me up for the Diner lift ramp too, if possible.

Thanks in advance!

#2419 5 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Hi Mark, sign me up for the Diner lift ramp too, if possible.
Thanks in advance!

Guess I better start a list!

#2420 5 years ago
Quoted from twenty6point2:

the blue Space Station ramp I got looks amazing!

If you make some more of these, put me down for one

#2421 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

My machine is open and ready so I can get you that info quickly. Its great that you are helping us keep these classics alive! Thanks again Mark!

#2422 5 years ago

Please put me down for a Diner lift ramp. Thanks.

#2423 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Guess I better start a list!

Thanks Mark! Let me know when you'll need payment!

#2424 5 years ago

Please put me down for a Diner lift ramp. Thanks.

#2425 5 years ago

Just want to clarify for the Diner Lift ramp I will be making. I do not provide a decal for it.

#2426 5 years ago

I imagine most of you have a decal on your broken ramps. Mine was missing when I got it. Perhaps someone has scanning ability to post the decal?

#2427 5 years ago

So...I went today to look at a Diner to get the measurements for the lift ramp. It's been a few years since I owned a Diner. I was expecting the lift ramp to be similar to the Pinbot lift ramp...specifically that it is made of plastic. The game I looked at today had a metal ramp in it. Can any of you Diner owners confirm that the original Diner Lift ramp is in fact plastic and not sheet metal?

#2428 5 years ago

Think I answered my own question. After looking around the internet, appears the Diner lift ramp is metal. Even found another thread here on Pinside which clearly shows it is metal.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diner-lift-ramp-help

I've got two thicknesses of stainless that I stock.....24 gauge and 14 gauge...going to attempt to make one out of the thicker 14 gauge.

#2429 5 years ago

Wow. I had no idea it was metal. Only have the pin for a week so far. I’ll have to check mine tomorrow.
But thank you for continuing to bring it to market.

#2430 5 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Wow. I had no idea it was metal. Only have the pin for a week so far. I’ll have to check mine tomorrow.
But thank you for continuing to bring it to market.

I can certainly understand that Tomass needs one since his is missing, but don't understand why others would need a new one given that it is metal...maybe they just need a new decal and the two flaps.

#2431 5 years ago

Here's the one-off I made up for Tomass in Alaska for his Diner. His game was missing the ramp completely. I originally assumed the ramp was plastic when in fact it is metal. I used 14 gauge stainless...might be overkill! Fortunately he had the support bracket which in Diner's case is a little unique.

IMG_1387 (resized).JPGIMG_1387 (resized).JPGIMG_1388 (resized).JPGIMG_1388 (resized).JPG

#2432 5 years ago

.... Transporter ....

#2433 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

.... Transporter ....

DigimonMeme04-56ca86635f9b5879cc4e438d (resized).jpgDigimonMeme04-56ca86635f9b5879cc4e438d (resized).jpg

#2434 5 years ago

Freeplay40, you are officially a pinball legend. In the near future, I can already hear the proud phrase, "that's a Freeplay ramp" from many satisfied pin owners! Now, after that wonderful praise, Please remake the WCS94 ramps.

#2435 5 years ago
Quoted from wombat:

Freeplay40, you are officially a pinball legend. In the near future, I can already hear the proud phrase, "that's a Freeplay ramp" from many satisfied pin owners! Now, after that wonderful praise, Please remake the WCS94 ramps.

LOL... I did speak with Larry (Starship Fantasy) at the NW Pinball Show and he said these are coming in the next couple months.

#2436 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Here's the one-off I made up for Tomass in Alaska for his Diner. His game was missing the ramp completely. I originally assumed the ramp was plastic when in fact it is metal. I used 14 gauge stainless...might be overkill! Fortunately he had the support bracket which in Diner's case is a little unique.

That is beautiful!

#2437 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

LOL... I did speak with Larry (Starship Fantasy) at the NW Pinball Show and he said these are coming in the next couple months.

He has been saying this for 2 Years now....

#2438 5 years ago

Don't have a whole lot of faith in much of anything larry says. He told me 3 months ago the new boulder sets for white water would be out in 2 weeks. After 3 weeks they still weren't up on starship fantasy I emailed him and again he told me 2 weeks. Here we are 2 months later and still no new boulder sets. Moral of the story here is that Mark you should make the WCS ramps and make some money. I don't even have that game but I do know the ones for my comet look fantastic. Hell at least we know that once you say your gonna make something then we end up with new ramps on time!

#2439 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Don't have a whole lot of faith in much of anything larry says. He told me 3 months ago the new boulder sets for white water would be out in 2 weeks. After 3 weeks they still weren't up on starship fantasy I emailed him and again he told me 2 weeks. Here we are 2 months later and still no new boulder sets. Moral of the story here is that Mark you should make the WCS ramps and make some money. I don't even have that game but I do know the ones for my comet look fantastic. Hell at least we know that once you say your gonna make something then we end up with new ramps on time!

1 week later
#2440 5 years ago

Add me to the list of folks that would buy a reproduction Data East Time Machime warp ramp.

I would also offer to help fund the R&D on this one as well to help both myself and others get access to new ramps for this awesome game.

If the issue holding back a potential remake is the investment I would offer seed money (no strings) and look for a few other like minded Pinsiders to join me as well

I do understand that this ramp is complex so it may not be as simple as costs ...

#2441 5 years ago

Pindelapin / wombat, yall brothers, each having a "caution" sign for an avatar?
Funny, one posted after the other...

Screenshot_20180711-000723_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180711-000723_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2442 5 years ago

We are in the Caution sign gang. Keep checking back as we will be accepting new members very soon. lol!

#2443 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

We are in the Caution sign gang. Keep checking back as we will be accepting new members very soon. lol!

Lol

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#2444 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I've already reproduced the lift ramp assembly. What's coming is the main ramp, the visor and possibly the helmet. The cork screw is an injection molded piece.

When they are all done, would I have an opportunity to order all of them at the same time? Or should I try and get them one at a time based upon availability?

#2445 5 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Add me to the list of folks that would buy a reproduction Data East Time Machime warp ramp.
I would also offer to help fund the R&D on this one as well to help both myself and others get access to new ramps for this awesome game.
If the issue holding back a potential remake is the investment I would offer seed money (no strings) and look for a few other like minded Pinsiders to join me as well
I do understand that this ramp is complex so it may not be as simple as costs ...

My NOS one could be used as a model, but freeplay has said it would a cold day in hell before he finds time to do that ramp. ( not his actual words)

#2446 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

My NOS one could be used as a model, but freeplay has said it would a cold day in hell before he finds time to do that ramp. ( not his actual words)

I have a model here. That is not the issue. The problem with that ramp is that the mold would have very thin walls and the material I use for my molds would probably break on the first one. The original mold was most likely made of solid cast or machined aluminum. Unless I can find another suitable material to mold it from, chances are slim I will do it. If someone else wants to make the mold I would be happy to form them.

#2447 5 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

When they are all done, would I have an opportunity to order all of them at the same time? Or should I try and get them one at a time based upon availability?

No worries...I will make all of them available when I get them finished. The main ramp was cast about 10 days ago. The Visor was cast just a couple days ago. I will begin finishing the main ramp mold in a couple days (taking off for the mountains tomorrow) as well as the visor mold.

#2448 5 years ago

Comet Cork Screws just sold out for this run. Still have a couple black Kydex Jump ramps and I can make the transparent red and ABS basically on demand.

Thanks to all!

#2449 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

No worries...I will make all of them available when I get them finished. The main ramp was cast about 10 days ago. The Visor was cast just a couple days ago. I will begin finishing the main ramp mold in a couple days (taking off for the mountains tomorrow) as well as the visor mold.

Awesome, nice. Safe travels!

#2450 5 years ago

I know its a long shot, but it's really hard to find Demolition Man ramps.

Maybe you could add it to the list Freeplay40 when you get bored?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 18.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/49?hl=pindelapin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.